Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-03-09, 01:09   Link #41
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itachikun
If they are targeting Teen market with Bleach, its going to be one hell of a bad thing. Especially since they are targeting 7-12 year old teens....

What the hell is this ?!
No disrespect, but can't you read? It will be aired on [adult swim]..THEY ARE NOT TARGETING YOUNG KIDS (although I suspect young kids who have cable in their rooms will undoubtably watch it if they flip channels)...

Swim is targeted to the 17-35 age demo....Be pi$$ed about the licsening, but understand the facts...If Bleach is on adult swim it is almost 99.995% chance of not getting edited at all...
Old 2006-03-09, 01:12   Link #42
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonik
Its on animeondvd.com and will appear on adult swim
If this is true, then I can finally rewatch it again after a long break from it, yay.
Old 2006-03-09, 02:21   Link #43
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
No disrespect, but can't you read? It will be aired on [adult swim]..THEY ARE NOT TARGETING YOUNG KIDS (although I suspect young kids who have cable in their rooms will undoubtably watch it if they flip channels)...

Swim is targeted to the 17-35 age demo....Be pi$$ed about the licsening, but understand the facts...If Bleach is on adult swim it is almost 99.995% chance of not getting edited at all...
Four letter words will be toned down...
Old 2006-03-09, 02:25   Link #44
Thewanderer
Hiyori Fanboy

Send a message via MSN to Thewanderer Send a message via Yahoo to Thewanderer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
What four-letter words?
Old 2006-03-09, 02:28   Link #45
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starks
As it would be and has been done for nearly every anime in existence to be broadcasted on FCC regulated television ...Geeezus....Instead of Ichigo screaming "F*ck!!!!!", hell scream "Bitch!!!" or "$hit!!!" or "Damn!!"...Not too worried about that...But Adult Swim won't edit the show, VIZ will...Whatever cursing VIZ takes out will be on them and there dubbing...
Old 2006-03-09, 02:37   Link #46
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

I dont care if it is goin to be on AS.

I have been dreading this day since I first watched this show back last year. It was bound to happen. But Im sure they will find a way to bastardize the shit outta this show. Bad script, bad VAs, whatever...

This news doesnt sit well, not just me.

on top of it I know for a fact that they will never air the show in a proper order.....episode one today episode 20 tommorow and episode 13 the day after that.
Old 2006-03-09, 02:40   Link #47
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
*Releases Zanpakutou to honor Bleach...*

SHINGAISASERU! KUROTENSHI!
Old 2006-03-09, 02:42   Link #48
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

soul burial for bleach is more like it.

LoL
Old 2006-03-09, 05:28   Link #49
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

It's the beginning of the end...

http://bleach7.com/index.php?page=member/news

Don't see why Lunar is in denial, they're like 2 months worth of episodes behind, can't really say they're as dedicated to it anymore like they used to be.

Seeing it's gonna be on Adult Swim...I really don't see much editing happening like for instance Evangelion, it's hardly been edited at all besides a couple bleeped! words

the word "fuck" isn't even in the japanese language (just to comment on an above post)

Quote:
on top of it I know for a fact that they will never air the show in a proper order.....episode one today episode 20 tommorow and episode 13 the day after that.
since when was Adult Swims schedule hard to keep up with? o_O
Old 2006-03-09, 06:44   Link #50
defrule

So Bleach is not gonna get licensed?
Old 2006-03-09, 11:30   Link #51
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by defrule
So Bleach is not gonna get licensed?
No, Bleach is licensed, just a lot of people are in denial because they're fanboys and have no brains. In fact Bleach was probably licensed before the first episode ever came out, the companies just decide to wait to tell everyone.

The news is from a reputable source and quotes an executive of the US branch of Viz Media specifically saying the anime will be a good move for them. I don't see how this fails to qualify as legit. Everyone is just mad because their favorite show got licensed, and they're being all pissy anti-licensing about it. Should have seen this coming guys, Viz has the manga already. That's a good sign they'd snag the anime too.

Last edited by Obi-Wan; 2006-03-09 at 11:45.
Old 2006-03-09, 12:13   Link #52
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

People complain when their favorite shows get licensed. But most move on ...

Let me also ask: how is it any more difficult when Bleach is licensed if one is persistent? I'm pretty sure Dattebayo will sub Bleach even if Lunar stops, and despite their wondrous subbing, everyone will just switch to DB. That's not a problem, is it? Perhaps it is for the purists, but not for those who just want to watch Bleach.

So it doesn't really get to me. As long as I can watch Bleach, as long as I seek sources where I can obtain new episodes, everything's alright. Nothing has changed.
Old 2006-03-09, 13:43   Link #53
Tarrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjTrizz
It's the beginning of the end...

http://bleach7.com/index.php?page=member/news

Don't see why Lunar is in denial, they're like 2 months worth of episodes behind, can't really say they're as dedicated to it anymore like they used to be.

Seeing it's gonna be on Adult Swim...I really don't see much editing happening like for instance Evangelion, it's hardly been edited at all besides a couple bleeped! words

the word "fuck" isn't even in the japanese language (just to comment on an above post)
Uhm... Lunar just released episode 68-69. They're two episodes behind, and at their current pace, will be caught up by the time 72 is released next week. That is not 2 months worth of episodes. Plus they had serious issues with their translator, which is why they've been behind, it's not an issue of dedication at all.
Old 2006-03-09, 14:03   Link #54
[darkfire]
Give them the What For!
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to [darkfire] Send a message via Yahoo to [darkfire]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alcy
Same, actually. I just figured I'd post it here since I noticed the eps are still up.
The Eps better stay up too. Viz is known for announce things but not doing stuff with it. Since Bleach is a Shonen Jump title. I believe Viz held the license for a long time. There was just wasnt any distributer. And they still have announced it. Unless cartoon network is going to do the production for this one. Like the did for tenshi and big O.
Old 2006-03-09, 15:25   Link #55
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I don't see Adult Swim doing much editing with Bleach at all. Viz, however, is another story. I can see them editing out all or most of the blood, leaving us with a huge gash in clothing, but no red substance or slice wound. And you just know that the Yoruichi transformation scenes are gonna get editing. >.> I found those scenes quite hilarious when Ichigo would just flip out whenever Yoruichi transformed to human form (her being naked and all ), and I'm sure it'll look dumb or partially not be there at all when Viz gets done editing. (by "partially not be there," I mean they may do something like have Yoruichi transform into human form with clothes on already, and take out the part where Ichigo flips out about her being naked) And since Viz licensed Bleach and will supply AS with the Bleach material, AS can't go and release the unedited versions unless Viz gives them the unedited footage. (which I hope they do)

And the dubs are gonna suck. >.> While most anime dubs back in the 90s kicked @$$, many recent dubs have sounded just plain terrible. >.>
Old 2006-03-09, 16:36   Link #56
strategos

So... are they holding the liscense for the US or for the Europe market/?

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
Old 2006-03-09, 16:36   Link #57
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Do you watch Inuyasha?? When do they edit blood and violence out?? People get killed and blood splatters all the time...Demons eat peoples bodies then Inuyasha slices their heads off with blood flying; his arms filled with blood...VIZ will edit the show for FCC regulations and nothingmore (Which basically means cursing and that's it) because it has the intentions of being on [adult swim]...If you watch [adult swim] and it's easy to see that really not many of you do cause alot of you have no clue that the their shows are almost 0% editing...(Did any of you catch Samurai Champloo's last ep where Mugen called the dude a "dick-head"?? Only f-words will be cleaned up)

Yoruichi scenes will stay intact because in the original we never saw anything but provactive flesh, and no nipples, no camel-foot, so it will be the same on swim...It's obvious to me that some of you don't watch or don't know what the hell [adult swim] is because if you did you'd see that this is actually the best scenerio by far for BLEACH..It's gonna be on the number #1 rated anime block in America with almost ZERO-EDITING...WTF do you people expect the show got lisenced?? Just thank God Toonami, Kids WB, G4-TV, WAM, Jetix, or some other supplier didn't get it where it would get either ridiculous editing or no exposure at all...

Quote:
Unless cartoon network is going to do the production for this one. Like the did for tenshi and big O.
Sheeesh, Cartoon Network only does production for shows they create in the pre-production stages like BIG O II and IGPX(Perhaps the Star Wars shorts too)...Since Bleach has already been made CN won't touch it in terms of production....C'mon people stop with all the paranoia...

The only thing that dissapoints me out of this whole scenerio is that Lunar will probably soon come out of denial and stop with their eps...So I'm off to clear my CPU space and get every ep from them I don't have I guess because I love their sub-style...
Old 2006-03-09, 16:50   Link #58
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well if the episodes of Inu Yasha on AS didn't have blood edited out, then they never had as much blood as Bleach in the first place. In the SS arc, blood splatters all the time. In Inu Yasha there was blood, but at least when aired on AS, not as much as Bleach. (not to say Bleach had a ton, but it certainly had more)

The question is, will VIZ care that it was merely provactive flesh? I'm not gonna bet on that. They had full rear nudity in the Bankai training arc, I don't think Viz will leave that alone.

I do know what Adult Swim is and I do watch it (Blue Gender was a great show with no editing), but I'm not talking about Adult Swim editing anything, as I specifically stated.
Old 2006-03-09, 17:09   Link #59
eLcHaKeTeRo
Falls for it every time.

the initial shock of these news has worn off, I really dont care because there will be sources of new BLEACH every week.

and if some one wants to attack my point of view at least leave your name when you leave me bad feedback. Anonymity is for cowards. You attack my intelligence because i said that AS doesnt air their shows in order? Well, its true. They might string a couple of shows together, but my over all point is that they did it with samurai champloo, trigun, inuyasha do i need to go on?
Old 2006-03-09, 17:12   Link #60
Tarrot

So a butt crack gets editted out, OH MY GOD! IT'S ARMAGEDDON AS WE KNOW IT! EVERYONE RUN FOR THE HILLS, SATAN IS HERE!

By the way, FCC regulations mean jack shit for Adult Swim. The FCC only had power over broadcast networks. Cable can show live sex for all they care, and the FCC can't do a damn thing about it. The problem comes in with the advertisors, who are the real people in control. AS could show live sex if they watned to, but if all their advertisors pulled out and they were being boycotted, they wouldn't last long.

Still, I get the feeling that some people here think One Piece is the standard for dubbing across the industry. I swear I have not heard as many whiny people talking out their asses in one place ever. If you want a standard of censorship, just look at FMA, and them editting out Scar's exploding of people's heads. That is about the line right there, and there are not any scenes in Bleach that come even close to that point. The language will pretty much remain in tact, there will be minimal editting to Bleach, if anything at all, and I can guarantee that it will succeed on AS, even if it is a "shounen" cartoon.
Closed Thread