Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2006-10-08, 22:45   Link #41
Shakugan no Shana
Zoroastrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo View Post
Excuse me~, can people not speak crap about my country to 'others' as if they're the representatives of my country, Thank you~
I have to say, I'm pretty upset with the way the US Government is going.
I don't want to have an arguement, but the US Government isn't doing very well these past few years. I don't want to go info on state to state. But it's pretty pathetic how they handle it, I live in Florida myself, and they can't even handle a simple Hurricane in the media. Lets not go much into details, but to be honest, I dislike the United States Government myself, not hate, dislike, remember that. Also, your breaking a little law there... Everyone here has the free voice to talk "Crap" about countries from what they know.
Shakugan no Shana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-08, 22:54   Link #42
Green²
It's bacon!

Mind all, I didn't put up a Fox News link because the titles would've probably gone something like:

North Korea blew up fuel rods with conventional weapons in underground test?

Because then, if just in case, say, the fucking nuke was real, ...we don't need to see an above ground test just off of East Sea to get the point.
Green² is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 01:47   Link #43
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

you're not the only one disappointed in your own country, the way the current generation of kids coming up in the US doesn't look all that great...

I think there's too many people that take for granted what they have here what they more than likely wouldn't in another country...I'd say some youths today could stand to get shipped to a third world country and see how life is there and appreciate what they have here.

It damn near sickened me when I watched 60 Minutes and there was a story about teenagers in Florida going around and beating up and/or killing homeless people.

Quote:
Excuse me~, can people not speak crap about my country to 'others' as if they're the representatives of my country, Thank you~
and it's not just your country, it's everyone's country and we have the right to speak an opinion about it.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 05:40   Link #44
Kamui4356
Aria Company

I'm suprised they actually went through with it... They have to know this will cause the rest of the world to take a harder line on them. No to mention Japan now has a new urgancy that will strongly encourage a military buildup. North korea has already demonstrated missiles that can hit anywhere in Japan, and could likely carry a nuke...

I don't know about the rest of you, but between this, terrorism, and everything else, I'm about ready move to Mars...
Old 2006-10-09, 09:10   Link #45
ayyo

By 'crap' I mean grouping everyone together as if he (the OP) isn't part of it and then going off from that. I could care less about proper and justified criticism, but not baseless crap like the OP was sprouting. That's the only point of my original post.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 09:27   Link #46
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Oops, I guess I got information wrong earlier. Sorry about that. I was told second hand that, so blame my mother, not me. I guess I shouldn't trust what she says anymore...
Old 2006-10-09, 11:47   Link #47
Dhomochevsky
temporary safeguard

As there are some asians on this board, maybe someone can tell me, why this is considered such a big deal?
I mean, we all new before that test, that north korea did own nuclear weapons, right? At least I was always believing that. Now, what did they prove by blowing up one subterran bomb? Thats isnt such a great thing, as that bomb could have been gigantic in its size (not power) so it wouldnt ever fit on any rocket or bomber. Its the small bombs, that are dangerous.

Also, they just proved that their rocket-system isnt worth anything by totaly failing that one test some time ago, when they fired some of their rockets, that are supposed to carry nuclear weapons and they just crashed into the sea...

Now, how did the situation change in comparison to the time before the test?
Dont get me wrong, I can see why noone feels comfortable with those guys as their neighbours, but I dont see the difference here.
Dhomochevsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 12:20   Link #48
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhomochevsky View Post
As there are some asians on this board, maybe someone can tell me, why this is considered such a big deal?
I mean, we all new before that test, that north korea did own nuclear weapons, right? At least I was always believing that. Now, what did they prove by blowing up one subterran bomb? Thats isnt such a great thing, as that bomb could have been gigantic in its size (not power) so it wouldnt ever fit on any rocket or bomber. Its the small bombs, that are dangerous.

Also, they just proved that their rocket-system isnt worth anything by totaly failing that one test some time ago, when they fired some of their rockets, that are supposed to carry nuclear weapons and they just crashed into the sea...

Dont get me wrong, I can see why noone feels comfortable with those guys as their neighbours, but I dont see the difference here.

Afaik, the fear is (and I can somehow understand it), that NK sells a bomb or parts of it to people who might be more dangerous than NK itself. NK is a very poor country, they need money badly. And there are i.e. terrorist groups that have plenty of it.
I could imagine NK is trying to blackmail the world with this test. The tenor would be something like this.... wealthy nations of the world support our ramshackle economy, and we are not going to have to sell the bomb. Or even more blunt: Wealthy nations, you dig your's own grave if you let us down.

Last edited by Jinto; 2006-10-09 at 12:31.
Jinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 13:40   Link #49
drgntig
i'm psychic.god says hi.

i 'm not that old but i know politics.

i hear what your saying. this could be true.

this is kind of off but you should know that there is no such thing as a good or bad country. i say this because a country is nothing more than the decisions of a greedy or some sort of bastard politician that looks for faster ways to make his country noticed or get more money.

sorry back on topic. i think nk should just be taken care of . they say we can't move cause of rules of engagement.
drgntig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 14:06   Link #50
ImClueless
Rawr

Quote:

The difference is now that they have proven they have a nuclear weapon. Before they only claimed so and there was no proof that it wasn't all bluff.

While their long range missile failed, they have proven medium range missiles which are capable of targeting Japan. South Korea is right next door so all they need is a cruise missile. Whos to say that their bomb is too big fit on a missile? No one knows so its best to assume that they can deploy the weapon.

Like Jinto Lin said, they might sell the bomb to terrorists or other belligerant nations like Iran.

Last edited by ImClueless; 2006-10-09 at 15:05. Reason: added a missing word
ImClueless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 14:11   Link #51
drgntig
i'm psychic.god says hi.

origanaly posted by ImClueless

While their long range missile failed, they have proven medium range missiles which are capable of targeting Japan. South Korea is right next door so all they need is a cruise missile. Whos to say that their bomb is too fit on a missile? No one knows so its best to assume that they can deploy the weapon

i can stad by this because it could be happening.
Old 2006-10-09, 19:36   Link #52
luchamasta

They don't even need missiles to deliver nukes. They can secretly load it on a ship and send it off to their target.
luchamasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 08:13   Link #53
chucky
Always impatient

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I think the main fear about Iran and N. Korea having nuclear bombs aren't about if they will use it. Rather, its about whom they will borrow their acquired technology for use (terrorist organization) to settle grudges against certain people/countries etc.. namely USA. So, when countries like N. Korea barks about wanting to test Nuclear bombs, everyone should take it seriously even if those are just hollow threats in the end.

At the same time, just as it has already voiced by some of the folks already, I also believe Iran is a far bigger threat than N. Korea .
Out of curiosity.... what should the US do then in your opinion?
chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 09:42   Link #54
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:

As we all know, North Korea is poor. Dirt poor. So poor that they can't feed their children poor. Okay, I know I'm beating a dead horse, but obviously they'll do anything to get money, and as Jinto Lin pointed out a few posts ago, this could be dangerous for the US indeed. Given our bad rep right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see them sell nukes to a terrorist group. You never know; it could be next a city like Seattle, Washington that gets smeared off the map, or San Francisco, or other coastline cities (obviously, the terrorists wouldn't worry about attacking Great Plains states like Kansas).

The US has a lot of enemies out there, especially in the Middle East, and the Palestinians aren't too thrilled with us, either, given our complete support of Israel in the UN and other political, economic, and military-related matters as well (most of Israel's weapons are stuff from the US).
Old 2006-10-10, 09:47   Link #55
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucky View Post
Out of curiosity.... what should the US do then in your opinion?
Well, there's not much we CAN do. Except try and make our image better (and our actions) to try to make people not hate us anymore.

Other than invading a dozen nations that we know have or SUSPECT of having nukes, I can't think of a resolution. The UN obviously doesn't do crap. It never really has. When's the last time they've helped out Africa? What makes us think they're going to help with something like this when they can't even stop massacres in third world nations in Africa?
Old 2006-10-10, 12:31   Link #56
Toxic
Champion of Obscurity

Send a message via MSN to Toxic
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Well, there's not much we CAN do. Except try and make our image better (and our actions) to try to make people not hate us anymore.

Other than invading a dozen nations that we know have or SUSPECT of having nukes, I can't think of a resolution. The UN obviously doesn't do crap. It never really has. When's the last time they've helped out Africa? What makes us think they're going to help with something like this when they can't even stop massacres in third world nations in Africa?
You do know that the whole invading thing is one of the biggest factors which have made the US hated by the rest of the world, right? Until the Americans realise this (especially George W. Bush.), there's no way the rest of the world will stop hating them.
Toxic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 12:49   Link #57
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
You do know that the whole invading thing is one of the biggest factors which have made the US hated by the rest of the world, right? Until the Americans realise this (especially George W. Bush.), there's no way the rest of the world will stop hating them.
really? and here I thought it was our imperialist attitude, our control of the world wide market (If we fall, so will the rest of the world), becomming the only super power, having special interests in various parts of the world, our movies, and hell even our beliefs and ideals.

Here's a picture of a very liked president.

For example, many countries see the US as violent, war mongrels simply because we allow guns in our country. Then we're also seen as fat lazy slobs because we have a fast food chain in every single part of the world known as McDonalds.

I believe the reason why most countries doesn't like us is simply because they're jealous and love to put stereotypes on us yanks. Thus fueling the fire that's been in there for generations. Not because of what 1 man did.

Last edited by aahhsin; 2006-10-10 at 13:04.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 13:07   Link #58
drgntig
i'm psychic.god says hi.

that could be right.

it could be right that they stereotype us.
but you to see it from there perspective i mean we attack alot of countries and always win we're a pretty scary country and at that we also eat more fast food than any other country. so you should see what they see in order to understand why they call us all these stereo types.
Old 2006-10-10, 13:10   Link #59
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post

Your views represent the Bush ideals somehow: assuming that invasion is the only choice to solve the problems. US is close to a loss in Afghanistan. They almost lost the trust of people from Iraq. They are mostly unfair when anything related to Israel is involved. And, right now, after all the hundreds of billions dollars spent, do you really feel more secure?

Regarding UN, you might expect something from UN, but UN is doing what America (or a few other namely-powerful countries - France has quite out of it right now) intends it to do. In other words, doing nothing when US doesn't want any help (Iraq and Israel), or doing nothing when the other powerful group does not want America to try to cause more problems. America showed that it has enough power and ambition to try to bring democracy when there is oil involved that is needed to be controlled, but doing nothing when there is nothing like that (Africa, many Middle Eastern countries, North Korea). For instance, if the oil is controlled by some brutal group that completely obeys US's ideals, then can US ask anything more, who cares thousands are getting killed to continue that ideals, right?

After reading the views of people from US (for instance at msnbc.com), I am starting to think that North Korea did a really good thing. That will first allow Iran to obtain nukes. It will then allow many other countries to try to obtain nukes as a countermeasure to the new threats. Instead of only a few countries trying to control the world using their own nukes, it would be better that control will be lost when a lot of countries start to obtain those weapons. At the end, it will be either we all get rid of it, or we all keep it. And we will see what America really wants then, whether it will be world peace or something totally opposite?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aahhsin View Post
I believe the reason why most countries doesn't like us is simply because they're jealous and love to put stereotypes on us yanks. Thus fueling the fire that's been in there for generations. Not because of what 1 man did.
Those are the sweet comforting words from the Fox channel. I hope you are not trusting those words.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-10, 13:34   Link #60
Blade556

The United States should purchase North Korea's weapons. That way, North Korea has a little money in their pocket, and the US no longer has such a serious threat on their hands.

But since it will never happen, someone hit the panic button.

The very fact that the United States sit's and watches North Korea makes me wonder at the security issues not being focused here. I guess the situation in Iraq is really that bad.

Perhaps they're just biding their time, but Donald Rumsfeld is not one to take this kind of situation lightly. If any of them were smart, there would be peace talks going on right now.
Blade556 is offline   Reply With Quote