AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-03, 20:52   Link #21
flou
That's no lady

Currently watching the first episode. The animation isn't actually that great It fluctuates between decent and relatively bad (Pretty much every other first episode of the spring season animes has been animated much better). So far I'm 3/4 into the episode, but the plot doesn't particularly impress. However, if you like cute girls and don't mind all the cliches, then this is probably for you.
Old 2007-04-03, 20:55   Link #22
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flou View Post
Currently watching the first episode. The animation isn't actually that great It fluctuates between decent and relatively bad (Pretty much every other first episode of the spring season animes has been animated much better). So far I'm 3/4 into the episode, but the plot doesn't particularly impress. However, if you like cute girls and don't mind all the cliches, then this is probably for you.
Of course if you like cute girls there are probably better alternatives out there this season. After watching the episode I must agree with you that the plot didn't impress me one bit. The bad animation together with the poor soundtrack weren't of much help either.

At least it was worth some laughs near the end with the Phoenix Wright moments of the main guy. Great Sound effects, seriously.
Old 2007-04-03, 21:53   Link #23
ayyo

Hmm, I didn't think the animation was bad. Atleast, didn't particularly notice any happening. I thought they did the adapt to anime pretty good, I even thought the seiyuus were the same as the game until I checked the cast again.

Bit worry about the pacing though. It looks kind of melodrama-ish since they went straight to the heart of it, cutting some introduction and lol scenes in the process. You can even see that they pretty much skipped the events of the first day and went straight for the second day. Next episode seems to even have the race in it, hmmm
Old 2007-04-03, 21:58   Link #24
suguru
京都 ikitai~

Quote:
Originally Posted by edogawaconan View Post
yes we're going to pick this... as soon as the raw is available (or someone here want to help me getting the raw?)

edit: raws out. working on it (hopefully our translator and editor is not busy this week...)
Glad to hear you're subbing it--just got the raw, it looks interesting and would probably be much better if I could understand more than 5% of the dialogue
Old 2007-04-03, 22:08   Link #25
Crystal_Method
I want dreads...
*Artist

Can't say much about this, I'm not one to go for these kinds of shows unless they are funny. But I do think Noko is the sexiest of all the girls. I'd say Yumi (or Umi?) comes in second. Though, I have a feeling out of all the girls, Wataru will be choosing the teacher. Anyone care to explain why the teacher wears a mini skirt in school...

My favorite part was when Wataru pointed at the female lead (can't remember her name) and a stupid sound effect came on. Also the shape of the island looks a lot like master chief's helmet from Halo, doesn't it?

I'm probably going to continue with this series, because I really do want to see Wataru choosing the teacher in the end.

Last edited by Crystal_Method; 2007-04-03 at 23:23.
Old 2007-04-04, 00:20   Link #26
rale

Just finished the first episode. Considering the first episode of most shows usually features some of the better quality animation you can expect from them, I wasn't too impressed.

On the plus side, the story adaptation seems to be coming along ok so far. Wataru's declaration to Rinna was the high point of the episode for me.

The cast list is different from the game, but the voices sounded pretty much identical. Could it just be a case of different stage names for eroge and general anime roles?
Old 2007-04-04, 12:19   Link #27
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rale View Post
...The cast list is different from the game, but the voices sounded pretty much identical. Could it just be a case of different stage names for eroge and general anime roles?
Partly, yes. According to this site, which lists pseudonyms for seiyuu, here are the names of the main cast, with the character name on the left, the anime cast-name in the middle, and the game cast-name on the right:

Hoshino Wararu 星野 航 -- Nakamura Yuuichi (中村 悠一) -- not credited in game

Sawashiro Rinna 沢城 凛奈 -- Koorogi Satomi (こおろぎ さとみ) -- Kawaai Shunka (pron?) 河合春華 (=Koorogi Satomi)

Hayama Umi 羽山 海己 -- Morisawa Fumi (森沢 芙美) -- Ishikawa Nona 石川乃奈 (the pseudonym site has very little info on her, so who knows)

Asakura Naoko 浅倉 奈緒子 -- Orikasa Ai (折笠 愛) -- Shonozaki Futaba 篠崎双葉 (=Orikasa Ai)

Kujo Miyaho 六条 宮穂 -- Nakata Junko (中田 順子) -- Kusanagi Junko 草柳順子 (=Nakata Junko)

Fujimura Shizu 藤村 静 -- hitomi (ひと美) -- Hokuto Minami 北都南 (=hitomi)

Kirishima Saeri 桐島 沙衣里 -- MARIO -- Shion Miyabi 紫苑みやび (=MARIO)

Mitamura Akane 三田村 茜 -- Nazuka Kaori (名塚 佳織) -- played in game by Suzumiya Ryuuna 涼宮琉那, a pseudonym for Taguchi Hiroko 田口宏子

Mitamura Takafumi (pron?) 三田村 隆史 -- Kawada Shinji (川田 紳司) -- no credit listed on game

As for the show itself, the first half seemed almost laughable to me, but the way the characters grew in the second half -- particularly the protagonist -- held at least some promise. The tsundere is a really hard case. The seiyuu hitomi, by the way, who plays the quiet girl with blue hair in bangs, played Primula in Shuffle. (The photo, birth details and website on ANN are wrong at the moment, and refer to another hitomi, who is a singer.)
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2007-04-04, 20:02   Link #28
Srin Tuar
無謀

Hehe, well the beginning certianly gets your attention.
This show seems to have a promise, it doesnt seem like a total harem situation.

One thing struck me as weird: they never explained what the heck happened there in the beginning. If nobody remembered, i think they would have been asking more questions at least. He just shrugs it off saying he's innocent, but thats far from an explanation... I guess they are saving that for a surprise?

Anyway, the only thing I didnt like about ep1 was the huge lecture from the protagonist. I could have thought of hundreds of less corny ways to convey that message other than his sappy speech.
Old 2007-04-04, 22:56   Link #29
CTFFMike

Well I am glad I didn't have much expectation of this series since it wasn't impressive at all.

The animation looked horrible IMO, it was like watching a slideshow with moving mouth and those cherry blossom petals looked like they were pasted on screen. I guess I am just too used to the quality of animation like Kanon.

I can't believe they changed KOTOKO's op to some random crap, it sounded terrible.

It's nice that use the same seiyuus from the original but WTF is Ayane's seiyuu different, she was the best character, and what the hell's up with her arms haha.

It kinda sucks that they have to cut off a lot since I am guessing this is going to be ~13 ep only. The original story is pretty funny and with the way they chopping off dialogues here and there it really hurts the story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
One thing struck me as weird: they never explained what the heck happened there in the beginning. If nobody remembered, i think they would have been asking more questions at least. He just shrugs it off saying he's innocent, but thats far from an explanation... I guess they are saving that for a surprise?
Well Rina remembers its just Wataru that forgot, and yea in the original I think the other girls were giving him a pretty hard time about it that is unfortunately not shown much in the anime. Later on in the story they explain what happened the night before.

In the Fandisk "Fossette" has the actual scene of the night before when the two of them first met.

Last edited by CTFFMike; 2007-04-04 at 23:07. Reason: more bitching and moaning
Old 2007-04-04, 23:50   Link #30
Jaruromania

Usually my Cliche Detector is on pretty high, but the way they dramatized everything (and also my only understanding 70% of the dialogue) made me forget about all the corny elements of the plot and I can say I really enjoyed the first episode.

I thought seiyuu were okay, except for Rinna, whose voice bugs me. I expected her to be of an entirely different personality altogether, but the voice kinda killed that impression. Her voice is my only major complaint about the whole show so far...it makes her sound annoying and bitchy instead of the ordinary tasteful tsundere you should expect from a character like her (even if she did the same complaining, a more firm and less nasal voice would make me like her a lot more). She does look good, but since she was pretty much the reason I watched the show, this bothers me. Rest of the seiyuu were okay, I actually didn't have a problem with Wataru's voice nor anyone else's.

I thought animation was fair. I'm no animation expert but this looked fine to me, and I really didn't have any complaints about it. In fact, I thought some of the scenary looked pretty darned good and really helped the setting.

Jaalin got fed up with the show and started really briefly summarizing toward the end so I didn't completely understand what happened toward the end. So, what I got from it is that next year in March they have to be seperated due to some construction thing, and Rinna doesn't want to get attached to them because they will eventually have to part anyway, and Wataru tells her to just join them in on the fun anyway and yells at her, telling her to stop messing around. Can anyone who understands more Japanese than I do tell me if I'm right or wrong on this?

If that's the case, it's the slightest bit lame how they got all dramatic about it, but the storyline looks like it could really go somewhere, and I'm looking forward to it.

Last edited by Jaruromania; 2007-04-05 at 00:29. Reason: Fixed a name.
Old 2007-04-05, 00:17   Link #31
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Partly, yes. According to this site, which lists pseudonyms for seiyuu, here are the names of the main cast, with the character name on the left, the anime cast-name in the middle, and the game cast-name on the right:

Hoshino Wararu 星野 航 -- Nakamura Yuuichi (中村 悠一) -- not credited in game

Sawashiro Rinna 沢城 凛奈 -- Koorogi Satomi (こおろぎ さとみ) -- Kawaai Shunka (pron?) 河合春華 (=Koorogi Satomi)

Hayama Umi 羽山 海己 -- Morisawa Fumi (森沢 芙美) -- Ishikawa Nona 石川乃奈 (the pseudonym site has very little info on her, so who knows)

Asakura Naoko 浅倉 奈緒子 -- Orikasa Ai (折笠 愛) -- Shonozaki Futaba 篠崎双葉 (=Orikasa Ai)

Kujo Miyaho 六条 宮穂 -- Nakata Junko (中田 順子) -- Kusanagi Junko 草柳順子 (=Nakata Junko)

Fujimura Shizu 藤村 静 -- hitomi (ひと美) -- Hokuto Minami 北都南 (=hitomi)

Kirishima Saeri 桐島 沙衣里 -- MARIO -- Shion Miyabi 紫苑みやび (=MARIO)

Mitamura Akane 三田村 茜 -- Nazuka Kaori (名塚 佳織) -- played in game by Suzumiya Ryuuna 涼宮琉那, a pseudonym for Taguchi Hiroko 田口宏子

Mitamura Takafumi (pron?) 三田村 隆史 -- Kawada Shinji (川田 紳司) -- no credit listed on game

As for the show itself, the first half seemed almost laughable to me, but the way the characters grew in the second half -- particularly the protagonist -- held at least some promise. The tsundere is a really hard case. The seiyuu hitomi, by the way, who plays the quiet girl with blue hair in bangs, played Primula in Shuffle. (The photo, birth details and website on ANN are wrong at the moment, and refer to another hitomi, who is a singer.)
Wait so they seriously actually allowed Satomi Koorogi (who plays my all-time favourite fighting game character May from Guilty Gear) to make the transition for once. That's almost worth seeing a clip of. And why is somebody named Mario who played the english version of a character in the Gundam movies doing a Japanese audio job?
Old 2007-04-05, 01:07   Link #32
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Oh, I sure hope Kaioshin-sama watches this. It should be a sheer entertaining read for sure. Please, please watch it.

Oh gosh! I don't think I've ever disagreed with Kaoru in these forums for his take on any show, but boy, I must partially disagree with Kaoru's assessment of this particular show. The laughable part isn't just restricted to the first half of the show... no.. it's the entire episode that was laughable, especially when the hero lectures. It's pure comedy. The sound effect to compliment the extension of his hand as if he is about to hit a home run, is just one example of that comedy. These characters are so phony, each and every one of them, that I almost demanded for my money back at the end of the episode until I realized I didn't really pay anything for it. Can this be the Zaizen Zotaru or the Gundou Mushashi of the Spring 2007 season? I'll be staying tuned for episode 2 to find out for myself.

P.S. Please watch it Kaioshin-sama. I'll give you cookies....
Old 2007-04-05, 01:15   Link #33
Mirrinus
Bemused Scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
Oh, I sure hope Kaioshin-sama watches this. It should be a sheer entertaining read for sure. Please, please watch it.

Oh gosh! I don't think I've ever disagreed with Kaoru in these forums for his take on any show, but boy, I must partially disagree with Kaoru's assessment of this particular show. The laughable part isn't just restricted to the first half of the show... no.. it's the entire episode that was laughable, especially when the hero lectures. It's pure comedy. The sound effect to compliment the extension of his hand as if he is about to hit a home run, is just one example of that comedy. These characters are so phony, each and every one of them, that I almost demanded for my money back at the end of the episode until I realized I didn't really pay anything for it. Can this be the Zaizen Zotaru or the Gundou Mushashi of the Spring 2007 season? I'll be staying tuned for episode 2 to find out for myself.

P.S. Please watch it Kaioshin-sama. I'll give you cookies....
I haven't seen this series yet, nor do I intend to do so (I've no interest in the genre), but somehow I too think it would be hilarious to see what Kaioshin-sama has to say about it.
Old 2007-04-05, 20:55   Link #34
ThoHell

Spoiler for ep 1:
Old 2007-04-06, 19:50   Link #35
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
I'm not sure what to think of it myself. Maybe it's just me, but the voice acting kind of feels a bit off for some reason. Still something about it does make me curious to see a bit more. Maybe at least episode to see how things go. I guess I'm on the fence right now when it comes to this.
Old 2007-04-15, 06:23   Link #36
Sailor Enlil
GWAAAA!

Somehow I'm okay with this series, especially with Wataru, the lead male, actually standing up an ill-tempered girl like Rinne (a rarity in harem anime). In fact
Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-19, 04:52   Link #37
NeoSam

Seems no one is interested in fansubbing this >.<

I watched the first 2 episodes, and I like it so far.
Old 2007-04-20, 00:07   Link #38
Greenish Growth

A question concerning the end of the third episode:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-04-22, 18:27   Link #39
LustigerAstronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
A question concerning the end of the third episode:

Spoiler:
Spoiler for third episode:

If this show goes for 13 episodes so it seems to be a 2 episodes for each girl schema + a ending episode.
The girl from first two episodes I didn't like that much, but the donkusai ojousama, that's a character I could go with
(If you live long enough. saa isogimashou *whack* ...).

Last edited by LustigerAstronaut; 2007-04-22 at 18:38.
Old 2007-04-28, 02:00   Link #40
innovative

i hope someone picks up this series soon (>.<)
Closed Thread

Tags
artland, bishoujo, drama, eroge, giga, romance, school life, seinen, slice of life