AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2010-10-18, 17:48   Link #621
ForbiddenOne

You're preaching to the choir, man :P.

Anyways, I'm not really clear on the whole "pureblood" concept... I mean, you have Jeremiah, who is fanatically loyal to his commoner Queen/former Knight of Round with his blacker than black assistant Viletta, out on a racist crusade to purge foreign blood from the Britannian military.

I mean yeah, the Nazis teamed up with the Japanese in WW2, so I guess racism doesn't always have to make sense, but...

... I guess it has to do with being born on Britannian soil rather than descent? I guess then Rai would qualify :P.
ForbiddenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 17:57   Link #622
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
... I guess it has to do with being born on Britannian soil rather than descent? I guess then Rai would qualify :P.
Uhhh.... If that is the requirement, then wouldn't all Numbers be considered 'Britannians' too? The colonies are conquered Areas, they belong to Britannia. Therefore are legally Britannian property and soil. I don't think being born on 'Motherland' soil changes any of that either.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 19:12   Link #623
Xander

Race is different from nationality and citizenship. Characters can be white, black or mixed race and still be Britannian. That doesn't seem to be an obstacle.

The main type of discrimination seems to be between Britannians and non-Britannians, not between all of the world's different races as such.

But at no point did the show state that the citizens of conquered territories automatically become Britannians, at least not in the short term. After all, there would be no need for a category like "honorary Britannian" if the process of incorporating foreign nationals from conquered areas was automatic.

In the case of Villetta, we don't know much about her past...but if her family is Britannian, I suppose that's what actually matters.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-18, 21:33   Link #624
Arbitres
Disabled By Request

Quote:
snip Xander's post snip.
Ahh, thanks for clearing that up Xander. You are better at this then me. Sorry for the trouble?

Quote:
The Geass route thing makes me wonder though... what would happen if your mixed blood were found out in any of the Britannian storylines.
Intrigue? They could easily conduct Rai as a member of the royal family and use him as a figurehead, leaking the information of him being a half-blood wouldn't be all that beneficial unless in certain situations.

Or they could just interrogate or kill Rai and any other accomplices that were hiding his bloodline. I don't think that'd be an easily explainable scenario.
Arbitres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-22, 10:50   Link #625
ForbiddenOne

I was thinking of something more along the lines of acceptance or lack thereof.

It seems like it'd be a situation of "double the racism, double the fun". Although I guess not everyone is racist on either side.

--- edit ---

After playing through yet again *free time reaching critical mass since the Call of Duty Black Ops beta got taken down due to Jtaggers sneaking in* I have determined that the "mysterious voice" is in fact C.C.- at least as far as I can tell.

Note that I am NOT referring to the one that belongs to the person who gave you geass: As far as I can tell that is an unidentified male who does not appear to be in the credits (at least, the specific Kanji used to indicate he is speaking are not used in the credits that play after Suzaku's ending, as far as I could see).

So it seems its C.C. talking to you during the Ashford Academy and Blue Moon routes (when you are in your room), in the former she speaks psychically and in the latter she speaks in person.

I'm still not quite sure what to make of Lelouch's Ashford Academy ending though...

Last edited by ForbiddenOne; 2010-10-22 at 17:02.
ForbiddenOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-09, 08:00   Link #626
Revan sama

Wow, it's been a while since someone has posted here...
Here is a drawing of Rai x Nunnally vs Brother-in-law Lelouch lol.
I love this pairing!
Revan sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-23, 15:07   Link #627
ThatEdditor
The work in progress.....

The game was very succesful in Japan, the only reason there isn`t an english version os because at the time not many ebglish people knew about the anime. Although if enough people show how much it`d be worth to they`ll probably re-publish it in english, it`s happened before, just look at Persona 4 Golden.
ThatEdditor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 02:29   Link #628
Scherzo09

...Or maybe because we don't release DS visual novels here? And Code Geass really isn't much of a 'thing' here? There are a lot of anime themed games that never are released over here, especially with big anime franchises.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 14:21   Link #629
Lost Cause

You would think they'd want to make more off the franchise and offer the game to the west. Especially now seeing how well Akito is doing, and delaying part 2 until August!
Once again Bandai and Sunrise have missed the boat.

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 15:48   Link #630
Xander

I'd have to agree with Scherzo09 in this case. The simple truth is visual novels and/or dating sims based on anime properties are rarely, if ever, officially localized.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-24, 15:50   Link #631
Scherzo09

Something like this though is tailored specifically for Japanese audiences. It's not just that the anime community here is niche, there also isn't that great of a delivery system either, and America has always been, at best, peripheral to Anime companies. That's partly why Bandai pulled out to begin with. They don't want to go through the trouble of spending all the ad money and such to potentially create a culture that would like their product, and even then most would consider it a weird Japanese thing.
Scherzo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-01, 22:59   Link #632
Aquaman OS

Not to mention the PS2 is dead and out of production entirely, and the PSP is really not that popular in the west (to the point where they opted not to release a Final Fantasy game because they thought it wouldn't sell)
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-10, 06:15   Link #633
Blackmambauk

hey I thought I let you know this if you don't know already but someone has created a translation patch for lost colors (still beta at the moment) that translates the Japanese into English which is great as it would be nice to go through all the routes knowing what's being said

here's the link on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhdP4a82dic
Blackmambauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 07:49   Link #634
superiorsuperboy

Hi. Not sure if anyone is still on this thread but i have to ask. does the psp version allow you to romance c.c, kallen, and the rest of the characters? because i don't find a point in playing it unless i get to be the king of harem in code geass. Thanks for replying!!!!
superiorsuperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 09:32   Link #635
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, that's a little complicated. Yes, there is a romance aspect to the game (it's especially strong in the Ashford Route), but the main point is the "story" and interacting with it. Not all of the endings have gushing romance, like C.C.'s, where it's more of a "strong bond" than full out love. Still, there are many heartwarming moments in the game, and some nice romantic endings as well. (Though, if you're expecting a "harem ending", then you'll be disappointed. This isn't that kind of game.)
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 10:36   Link #636
superiorsuperboy

thanks for the reply. Just wondering if u would know how to get to the endings? i can't find a guide anywhere at all!!!! haha
superiorsuperboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-11-15, 11:12   Link #637
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, it depends on the route you choose in the first place. (Note that one or two character endings may be from missing this list, since I haven't completely checked through every possible ending yet. It's not likely, though, since this is taken both from my own experience with the game and what I've gleaned from various sources online.) Also, please note that the endings with "male characters" aren't romantic, but rather an indication of strong friendship/camaderie. (Though, I'm sure plenty of people with "that" kind of interest read what they want into that... And the Blue Moon route does cut it a bit close at times...)

-Geass Route (Nunnally, C.C. and Lelouch Endings)

-Black Knights Route (Kallen, Zero and Diethard Endings)

-Britannian Army Route (Suzaku, Lloyd, Euphy, Nonette, Villeta and Jeremiah)

-Ashford Route (Lelouch, Nunnally, Milly, Shirley, and Suzaku)

Extra Routes:

-PSP-only: Japanese Liberation Front Route (Kallen, Kaguya, Chiba and Tohdoh)

-PS2-only: Blue Moon Route (C.C., Lelouch, Nunnally, Kallen, Milly, Shirley, Rivalz, Kaguya, and Euphie)

After you get into a specific route, I suggest you just focus on scenes with the character you wish to pursue and make choices you think will lead towards that ending.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-08, 15:31   Link #638
Blackmambauk

Just a link to where you can download the patch all in one place.

https://nicoblog.org/psp/code-geass-...ed-jpcsp-only/

Still pretty fond of the game myself, would love to see a full translation. But that's unlikely to happen due to various reasons.

Though R3 might bring in some fans who like the challenge of completing Eternal's work on it.
Old 2017-04-25, 17:12   Link #639
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmambauk View Post
Just a link to where you can download the patch all in one place.

https://nicoblog.org/psp/code-geass-...ed-jpcsp-only/

Still pretty fond of the game myself, would love to see a full translation. But that's unlikely to happen due to various reasons.

Though R3 might bring in some fans who like the challenge of completing Eternal's work on it.
Code Geass has been gone for too long. Let's hope that the new series will revive Lost Colors. To think that it has been 10 years since the show began; not to mention that it has been 9 years since the last season ended....
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-27, 12:54   Link #640
Blackmambauk

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
Code Geass has been gone for too long. Let's hope that the new series will revive Lost Colors. To think that it has been 10 years since the show began; not to mention that it has been 9 years since the last season ended....
Same here, hopefully R3 will bring in or back people who want to get a complete experience of Code Geass and flesh out Lost Colors as well.

They gave Rai a cameo at Ashford in r2 or at least a character looking like him. That and in oz the reflection they gave Nonette the Lancelot Club so we may see more stuff from LC put into canon in R3.