AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

View Poll Results: K-On!! (Second Season) - Episode 3 Rating
Perfect 10 20 24.10%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 27 32.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 19 22.89%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 13.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 6.02%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.20%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-23, 15:19   Link #81
TremendousLion
Drum Legend

Send a message via AIM to TremendousLion
The Who is my favorite band, I love Ritsu, and I'm a drummer. So this episode was one of my favorites in the series. Keith Moon is god-like, a good inspiration for Ritsu .
Old 2010-04-23, 15:39   Link #82
Kak Worm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Could be an exchange student and doesn't have the full uniform yet. She's got a different skirt too. Only the ribbon matches (ribbons are cheap).
I have been poking around and I believe that her normal style has her tying her blazer around her waist. I can't seem to remember where I saw those pictures that pointed it out. If you look closely, you can see hints of the normal skirt design.

So yeah, I guess she's part of the normal roster afterall.
Old 2010-04-23, 16:15   Link #83
Sparvid
*hic*

Finally some time to write something down...

I liked the top of Ritsu's head making a subtle foreground appearance as the other are talking about Ton-chan. Ritsu also got plenty of opportunity to be overly dramatic during the episode.

Loved Azusa's guitar lesson. This is the kind of thing they can do more often: Have short moments of "this is how you make this kind of sound on that instrument", to add to the musical part of the show. Doing practice segments wouldn't be as complicated to animate compared to having to match a specific song either. Of course, it doesn't take long for Ritsu to remember why she didn't play guitar in the first place...

Sawako's reaction to Ritsu talking about how radiating she is, is to sit there and basically go "Oh yeah, I'm perfectly aware of how good I look"

Come to think of it, the photographer meant yet another male appearance on the show. The... fifth, or something...

The return of the miner's helmet is exactly on the level of my sense of humor.
Yui: "Cagayake Ricchan!"
Ritsu: *whimper*

Yui does her best to help her friends. Sure, it might not be the smartest of ideas, but she's got her heart in the right place. Poor Ritsu's brother and parents; one can only wonder what her constant drum practicing must've sounded like over the recent years...

Interesting that based on Sawako's lesson, the Kyoto trip takes place the day after this episode. No hurry to get to graduation then.

Spoiler for next episode:
Old 2010-04-24, 00:27   Link #84
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Mugi speaking in Kansai-ben? That would be awesome.

And yeah, this would be THE change for KyoAni to show of their hometown.
Old 2010-04-24, 04:12   Link #85
Sparvid
*hic*

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
And what's with the sudden need to be in the spotlight. Odd development since she decided to be a drummer at the end anyway as expected.
Well, she already had that idea earlier, in a literal sense:

Old 2010-04-24, 12:13   Link #86
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Great episode it was much humorous than first, or second episode especially Yui's ideas like have them "communicate" with Ritsu by glaring at her randomly during the songs . And Mio bass part was really cute and showed she's still way cute than Yui to me... though Azu-nyan still cutest .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakuanInc. View Post
I see Rukia in there...:O
OMG, I didn't notice til you said that, but dam one of their classmates really does look like Rukia .
MAL
Old 2010-04-24, 16:58   Link #87
Dark Wing

Not really much else I can say that hasn't already been said... Well I great Episode and once again Ritsu got to shine I really hope they continue this formula and flush out the other girls characters. I would love to see what makes Mugi tick.
Old 2010-04-26, 12:31   Link #88
Manwards
Cunning Linguist

Send a message via MSN to Manwards
This was easily one of the best episodes yet. A great blend of comedy and cuteness, and a focus on the musical side of things too. Ritsu crying like a baby bird and Yui's "jakka jakka" air guitar (and looking over her shoulder at a bemused Ritsu) were both excellent. More so, Ritsu trying out Giita pretty much mirrors my experience a month or so ago, when I first bought my guitar. Right down to the same chord! That damn E major caused me so many problems, the first couple of weeks...

So far, this series is completely surpassing the first. They've attained a much better balance of the cutesy moe aspects, the comedy and the musical aspect. I'm looking forward to hearing some new songs. Did Mugi really have to call the new one "Honey Sweet Tea Time", though? It's hard enough convincing friends of mine that the songs are worthwhile, without them having such saccharine names. At least "Fuwa Fuwa Time" was in Japanese!
Old 2010-04-26, 13:04   Link #89
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Well, the lyrics and titles do make Sawako and Ritsu cringe (or at least in season one...).

The daffy lyrics certainly do juxtapose over the (for anime music) unusually edgy instrumentals.
Old 2010-04-26, 17:27   Link #90
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

First we have Yui doing Guitar windmill and now a reference to Keith Moon. There's some "The Who" adoration happening here. Could Mio be a closet Entwistle fan ?
Old 2010-04-27, 06:14   Link #91
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerider View Post
First we have Yui doing Guitar windmill and now a reference to Keith Moon. There's some "The Who" adoration happening here. Could Mio be a closet Entwistle fan ?
Could be. Mio is know to be a closet fan/fetishist (including Lumo, cute stuff, etc) for quite alot of things, which Ritsu knows most.

Which spouse doesn't know much about their partners.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-27, 07:05   Link #92
Mikoto Misaka
Made in Japan

Evaluation of Episode 3

I think this episode is "6 out of 10 : Average".
Yui, Mio, and various characters are so cute as always. However, I don't find the plot very interesting.

I guess those who are absorbed in playing musics can enjoy this episode.
On the other hand, I have never playing any musical instruments, so I can't understand what the 5 members say
Old 2010-05-10, 20:48   Link #93
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
All I have to say is:

Jakka-jakka-jan, jan, jakka-jan, jakka-HAI!!

That and the scene immediately before it beg to be made into animated gifs. :lol:
Someone sort of heard my plaintive cry.. :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtUmkw6CWgQ