AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 13 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 43 18.61%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 38 16.45%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 39 16.88%
7 out of 10 : Good 52 22.51%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 9.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 7 3.03%
4 out of 10 : Poor 11 4.76%
3 out of 10 : Bad 6 2.60%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 3 1.30%
1 out of 10 : Painful 9 3.90%
Voters: 231. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-27, 18:04   Link #181
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
It's the "never grow old" potion again...yuzuki must have shared some of her secrets for immortality...
Or maybe... This anime somehow fused with Ever 17 (visual novel)!?!

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-12-27, 18:08   Link #182
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Or maybe... This anime somehow fused with Ever 17 (visual novel)!?!
Nanaka is a carbon copy of Tsugumi after all. Though Myself; Yourself's obligatory loli character beats Ever17's obligatory loli character by a mile imo.
Old 2007-12-27, 18:19   Link #183
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
Nanaka is a carbon copy of Tsugumi after all. Though Myself; Yourself's obligatory loli character beats Ever17's obligatory loli character by a mile imo.
QFT! (and one of the reasons why I'm hugging Nanaka).
Putting it that way...coco = Aoi in terms of vocals

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-12-27, 18:33   Link #184
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Spoiler for What Next:
Old 2007-12-27, 19:36   Link #185
Yaoi_Daisuki
少年愛

wow whats up with the ending . . they could make it till the scene where they all gathers man (even if they did, i doubt i will like it anyway)

overall i think everything gets alittle rush. major things seems to happen within a ep or 2. well i guess thats about it for a 13 eps anime. not that bad not that great either
Old 2007-12-27, 22:03   Link #186
zoot

"10 years later"--it took him ten years to propose? That's almost a parody of every foot-draggingly-slow romance show ever made. "Year one: hold hands; year two: kiss on the cheek ..."
Old 2007-12-27, 22:09   Link #187
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoot View Post
"10 years later"--it took him ten years to propose? That's almost a parody of every foot-draggingly-slow romance show ever made. "Year one: hold hands; year two: kiss on the cheek ..."
whoa whoa whoa there hold ya horses mate, 2 years a kiss on the cheek?!
thats going way too fast, 2 years is more along the lines of a cuddle
kiss on the cheek is around the 4 or 5 year mark maybe 6th year
Old 2007-12-27, 22:13   Link #188
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Well, they are supposed to be 15~16 years old.
Old 2007-12-27, 22:22   Link #189
bbduece
Ultimate Coordinator

too little romance.....this show is under romance right?
Old 2007-12-27, 22:39   Link #190
changeup

Not a tsukkomi... but...

Even School Days is considered a romance...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbduece View Post
too little romance.....this show is under romance right?
Old 2007-12-27, 22:42   Link #191
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I couldn't rate this any higher than 1. God it was painful. Sana's scar takes all of 1 minute to talk about? As soon as the scene switched to the bathroom, I knew what she did, and I knew what he would do. So painstakingly obvious, and so boring. This series gets deleted and forgotten about. What a pity, at first I had somewhat high hopes.
Old 2007-12-28, 00:24   Link #192
Ishe

One thing I don't really get is Nanaka's reaction to the news: "Oh my god, my father is really my music teacher that died instead of the man I thought was my father. I better go upstairs and take a nap while the father that raised me continues to pummell my mom." I mean, doesn't call the police, doesn't tell her father to stop, doesn't even scream, just backs away and goes to take a nap. Sorry mom, I'm shocked at the news, and a little tired - I'm sure dad will stop using you as a punching bag after a few more rounds.
Old 2007-12-28, 00:49   Link #193
Mecha_Trueno
餓鬼に興味ない、俺の好みは年上の美女だ

Location: Shitty old London. They must've been on drugs when they built this place, WTF were they smoking!!!
thing that sucked the most for me was, yuzuki-sensei didnt get enough screen time. should have got her on arc at least (hence my user title)
speaking of which, @those who know/played the game: is yuzuki-sensei a winnable character?

禁則事項です
Old 2007-12-28, 01:00   Link #194
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Wow, I really can't believe that this episode got 20 10/10s. That shows that there are still people new to anime out there.
Old 2007-12-28, 01:18   Link #195
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishe View Post
One thing I don't really get is Nanaka's reaction to the news: "Oh my god, my father is really my music teacher that died instead of the man I thought was my father. I better go upstairs and take a nap while the father that raised me continues to pummell my mom." I mean, doesn't call the police, doesn't tell her father to stop, doesn't even scream, just backs away and goes to take a nap. Sorry mom, I'm shocked at the news, and a little tired - I'm sure dad will stop using you as a punching bag after a few more rounds.
Did you really think that someone in such condition can think clearly..? The only one who can think like that is an outsider, who doesn't really relate to the issue itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha_Trueno View Post
thing that sucked the most for me was, yuzuki-sensei didnt get enough screen time. should have got her on arc at least (hence my user title)
speaking of which, @those who know/played the game: is yuzuki-sensei a winnable character?
Well, in the game, Sana can win her heart, though..
Old 2007-12-28, 01:55   Link #196
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Quote:
Well, they are supposed to be 15~16 years old.
Fine then. Year one should have been unprotected sex, but why did it take another 9 years to propose? It is likely they'd have married as soon as it is legal, but I'd think that a proposal would have been no later than the end of college after 5 years of courting.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-28, 02:22   Link #197
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Wow, I really can't believe that this episode got 20 10/10s. That shows that there are still people new to anime out there.
I feel the same way all the time in the Clannad forums. It's even more lop sided there.
Old 2007-12-28, 02:46   Link #198
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Time skips used as epilogues have the potential of being quite good. The general idea behind them is that we get to see how the characters progressed after their storylines had been resolved. The problem in Myself, Yourself is that the storylines haven't been resolved at all; they've been finally brought up, and then left hanging. In a way, this is precisely what was wrong with the Asami storyline - it had a lot of potential as a setup since the most interesting thing about it was how it would affect the relationship dynamics of the various characters. However, it was used as a resolution, and as a result, had very little impact for many viewers. The same can be said of the twins running away, and the suicide, and so forth.
It's not that they weren't resolved, because they were. It's just that they weren't delved into because the first half of the anime were basically fillers.

Quote:
I don't know about that. It really feels like the creators didn't really know what to do with the characters, and as a result, the simplest ones (Hinako and Yuzuki) came off the best. The real problem lies in the series (as opposed to episodic) direction, and writing. And a longer episode count would do little in improving the show.
You're not getting my point. The point is that just about everything felt rushed. It's not the story had no potential either because it had plenty. And THE most glaring thing about it is the time constraint of it all. With only 12 episodes and with at least four major plot arcs with the characters, too much of it was left to the imagination and hence it affected the writing as well. But for what they had, I thought they did a pretty good job. Just not the best they could've done, but still enough to be entertaining.

I mean, a lot of the arcs had a place they could've went, but they didn't because they couldn't. I just think they were chewing more than they could swallow with such an ambitious story theme enveloping so many characters who are supposed to interconnect with the past and present.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KholdStare View Post
Oh, enough with the silly condescensions here. I agree that the show as a whole probably doesn't deserve the 9/10's or 10/10's, but for the finale, I think they did as well as they could have. I rated it a 9, and don't tell me I'm new to anime when I was grown up watching original syndications.
Old 2007-12-28, 02:47   Link #199
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
I feel the same way all the time in the Clannad forums. It's even more lop sided there.
yeah... It's tough having a sense of perspective.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2007-12-28, 02:50   Link #200
Thingle
Banned

Kinda disappointed with the ending. Why did they jump 10 years yet not solve all loose ends?
Closed Thread