AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Fullmetal Alchemist

Notices

Old 2010-05-16, 00:35   Link #21
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Well the Wii games are out too. Prince of Dawn and Daughter of the Dusk are the names in English.

No release outside of Japan if anyone's asking...

And errghhh... Can't get the beat of Broken Angel's first cutscene out of my head. It's so cool that it's not on the OST.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 02:52   Link #22
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
I've just learned that the next FMA game for PSP called 'A promised day' has been out in Japan. No news about the US release yet.
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-02, 10:58   Link #23
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
To my surprise I found a PSP game in the german amazon shop sheduled to be released on the 11th june.
I say 'a' because I'm not entirely sure if it's 'the' same one as the title is simply "Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood". Looks awfully like it, though. Only thing worrying me, that it isn't featured in the UK store. So even so it's says fully translated in german it could just be wrong information.

If it's released I think I'll get it, even so I'm unsure if it's worth it .. just with the faint hope other games might get translated, too XD
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-14, 18:43   Link #24
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Alright, got the PSP game and finished the story mode with Ed. Didn't take very long about 1 1/2 h?

The game follows roughly the manga route. Very roughly. It's the same story, but you kind of rush trough it and just get thrown into fight after fight. Ed's story begins around the first encounter with Scar and ends after he escapes Gluttony's stomach. There are also some changes, like Ed and Al kill Lust (XD).

You level up and then can upgrade your battle skills. The battle system is fairly simple and the alchemy skills are easy to use. You almost always fight in pairs and utelize a combo special attack when you have enough energy. Cool thing: The characters look more battered the more HP they lose, Al gets a lot of holes for example.
The hardest enemies for me were Roy and Riza, surprisingly. Riza especially. God that chick is way too fast. I guess Roy is just posing around too much. Their combo was a killer D:. That fight was an optional 'mission'.
I can play their story modes now, too, after completing Ed's, wonder what that will be about. Also got a 'new game+', but dunno what purpose that might have, since you can revisit eberything with the old save anyway.

My first impression is so-so. I liked that they used the original japanese voices, but there were no subs in the menu or during the battles. It annoyed me I could only guess what lines they throw when a fight ended and the overall presentation isn't so good. The dialogues aren't very entertaining or tell much of a story. It's more like they give you the necessary information as fast as they can without further ado.
The focus are the fights and they are pretty repetitive and not that challenging. They are still fun, but far from Dissidia sensation for example. The special combo attacks are neat and look cool, but they get a bit annoying after a while because you can't skip them (even so you won't be able to use them more than once or twice per battle). It's the same with non skipable summons in a FF
It does have some charme, specially when you are an obsessed fan like me, but if it's truly worth 30 bucks? Dunno. I also don't want to judge before I've played more.

Still looking forward to the other story modes, I guess.

Spoiler for kinda offtopic - regarding firmware:

Here some pics if you want an impression, covers only three fights .. yes that crazy language is german :
Spoiler for screenshots:

Yeah, you can use costumes (and change the voice / lines) ... it's not that I like Ed in a pink shirt I just found the idea amusing to dress him in something he would hate
Old 2010-06-16, 14:48   Link #25
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Just wanted to drop in to complain that ROY IS WAY TOO USELESS in the PSP "To the Promised Day" RPG game.
*gets burned*
Old 2010-06-23, 09:05   Link #26
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Alright, got the PSP game and finished the story mode with Ed. Didn't take very long about 1 1/2 h?

The game follows roughly the manga route. Very roughly. It's the same story, but you kind of rush trough it and just get thrown into fight after fight. Ed's story begins around the first encounter with Scar and ends after he escapes Gluttony's stomach. There are also some changes, like Ed and Al kill Lust (XD).

You level up and then can upgrade your battle skills. The battle system is fairly simple and the alchemy skills are easy to use. You almost always fight in pairs and utelize a combo special attack when you have enough energy. Cool thing: The characters look more battered the more HP they lose, Al gets a lot of holes for example.
The hardest enemies for me were Roy and Riza, surprisingly. Riza especially. God that chick is way too fast. I guess Roy is just posing around too much. Their combo was a killer D:. That fight was an optional 'mission'.
I can play their story modes now, too, after completing Ed's, wonder what that will be about. Also got a 'new game+', but dunno what purpose that might have, since you can revisit eberything with the old save anyway.

My first impression is so-so. I liked that they used the original japanese voices, but there were no subs in the menu or during the battles. It annoyed me I could only guess what lines they throw when a fight ended and the overall presentation isn't so good. The dialogues aren't very entertaining or tell much of a story. It's more like they give you the necessary information as fast as they can without further ado.
The focus are the fights and they are pretty repetitive and not that challenging. They are still fun, but far from Dissidia sensation for example. The special combo attacks are neat and look cool, but they get a bit annoying after a while because you can't skip them (even so you won't be able to use them more than once or twice per battle). It's the same with non skipable summons in a FF
It does have some charme, specially when you are an obsessed fan like me, but if it's truly worth 30 bucks? Dunno. I also don't want to judge before I've played more.

Still looking forward to the other story modes, I guess.

Spoiler for kinda offtopic - regarding firmware:

Here some pics if you want an impression, covers only three fights .. yes that crazy language is german :
Spoiler for screenshots:

Yeah, you can use costumes (and change the voice / lines) ... it's not that I like Ed in a pink shirt I just found the idea amusing to dress him in something he would hate
Wait, is it out already in English?
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-24, 03:23   Link #27
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
Wait, is it out already in English?
Look at the screenshots that Zebra posted, and you'll see that it's not.
Old 2010-06-24, 17:56   Link #28
Kirarakim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
Wait you fight Roy & Riza why is that?

I would love to try out this game if I had a system to play it on. The problem is I don't.
Old 2010-06-27, 08:22   Link #29
Haladflire65
*Artist

My brother got the game and I'm playing it too, it's very entertaining. We've unlocked Roy, Riza, Scar, Mei, Gluttony, Armstrong, Izumi and Ran Fan so far. The game's so much more interesting as you get to play different characters, and as long as I ignore those annoying combination attacks, I get quite addicted. I'm wanting to play Bradley now but my favourites so far have to be Roy and Scar... although the Roy/Riza partnership is quite awesome, I have to say.

It's not bad for my first PSP game
Old 2010-06-27, 17:33   Link #30
Dash_Hunter

I'm interested in this game so i need to know, is it true that the game was released in Europe? if so then the text is in english, right?

Because if it's in english i'm thinking about importing the game.

I got interested in the game because I played the PS2 game, and because of these images
Spoiler for Spoiler Images:
Old 2010-06-27, 18:23   Link #31
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Wait you fight Roy & Riza why is that?
It's based on the omake when Ed fights Mustang, I think. It doesn't have an explanation storywise, since it's an offtrack mission. You fight Ed and Al in their story modes, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post
I'm interested in this game so i need to know, is it true that the game was released in Europe? if so then the text is in english, right?
Just tested with my version to be sure: Yes, it's in english, too - just as it says on the backcover. So as long it's stated 'manual and game in english' - it will be.

Gotta say it gets more fun as you get the other characters. Also like the characters differ in gameplay a lot (attacks, speed, range etc.).

The extra scenes you get for finishing a character's story are my favorite bit in the game, though. They are pretty amusing xD
If people who are PSP-less are interested I could post the epilogue pictures or even record them on a video, since I have the software already anyway (once I'm through all story modes).

I still wouldn't recommend it without hesitation, but it's a fun game for in between. But I bet that the PS2 games are better ... I'm stalking them on amazon and ebay for months now Not too easy with a PAL PS2 D:

Did the PSP game got released in other countries now, too? I'm looking at you Spain and Italy! .. since my manual is partly in Italian and Spnaish, too . And the EU releases are generally simultaneous ... but that would include the UK normally.
Old 2010-06-27, 18:48   Link #32
Haladflire65
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash_Hunter View Post

Because if it's in english i'm thinking about importing the game.

I got interested in the game because I played the PS2 game, and because of these images
Spoiler for Spoiler Images:
I'm pretty sure those are from the Promised Day RPG and not Brotherhood, the fighting game we've been discussing I'd love to try that one, too....

I have to say, they are very interesting pictures.....
Old 2010-06-27, 19:29   Link #33
Dash_Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra
Just tested with my version to be sure: Yes, it's in english, too - just as it says on the backcover. So as long it's stated 'manual and game in english' - it will be.
Thanks i will try to import the game then, too bad the game is not planned to release here.
Oh and about the pictures or videos from the epilogues you mentioned i hope you can post some (because normally i don't finish my games 100% just once and that's all ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haladflire65
I'm pretty sure those are from the Promised Day RPG and not Brotherhood, the fighting game we've been discussing
Um yeah i know those are from the game, that's why i posted them here and said that the pictures got me interested in playing the game. My comment about "expanding" the manga's end was a joke
Old 2010-07-01, 19:41   Link #34
NormanLUnderwood2010

Cool!! Love this game..I really this movie and now its on the game!!
I really want to become an Alchemist !! =D Cool!
NormanLUnderwood2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-15, 18:47   Link #35
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

I said I might, so I did. I present you the extra gallery of the PSP fighting game "Brotherhood"! Meaning the extra scenes you unlock by beating the story mode.
Greed(Ling) and Greed are playable as well but miss the story mode - so no extra for them.

Quality isn't the best, but it's sufficient. I even made my PSP speak english so you have subtitles, wohoo! I'm just happy it worked at all and the sound and motion are synced so I won't bother anymore XD

If you are interested in the art, I can screen cap a bigger version (and way better quality) of all background pictures. Only if I like you, though

So here it is - spoilertagged in case someone hasn't finished yet and wants the 'price' unseen:

Spoiler for video~:

My PSP buttons are bitchy, that's why I sometimes have trouble to hit the next name right away
My playtime is exactly 20 hr 0 min! If that's long I can blame it on the buttons
Old 2010-08-18, 11:22   Link #36
Ziziphus
Whatever

^ Wow, that's pretty awesome, zebra! Ed's and Al's endings are way too cute!

No extra for Greed(Ling) is a pity though, I miss his voice.

Anyway, congrats on beating the game!