AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online

Notices

Old 2012-04-30, 12:20   Link #401
nhormight

hmm now vol.9 Kirito has still love Asuna ?

I hope this Novel Happy Ending Xd Kirito x Asuna so cutest ><
nhormight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 13:04   Link #402
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhormight View Post

did he ever not love asuna?

I finally caught up and finished 7.

I dont know what happened in 9.

But if asuna gave up on kirito, it would make a lot of people happy.. lolol.. meaning kirito is free for them to try to get with.
However i cant imagine asuna giving up on kirito.

All the stuff's he's done for her in SAO, and the person he represents to her, is beyond "love".
Basically meaning... i cant see a person more important to her then Kirito.

Also Yui will turn into Anonymous and crash all the mmorpg servers across the world if Kirito and Asuna broke up.
aigomorla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 13:17   Link #403
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
There's a SAO group in this forum but its quite small
Yeah, I only made it a few days ago. I threw something quick down for the description because I've been quite busy w/ schoolwork for the past few weeks, and will be for quite some time. I do plan on changing it to something more tasteful and substantial, though. I've added the nicest images I found on the net (pixiv + google) to the group, excluding any spoilerish images. I'll add those spoilerish images as the plot progresses and more is revealed about the characters, and as new characters are introduced. I also have some plans in store for this group, but I want to run them by some people before I actually do anything. Anyway, if anyone here wants to join, the group can be found here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhormight View Post

Yeah, as do I. And agreed; I haven't run into a couple this awesome since.. well, ever.

Mhm, Asuna looks pretty badass on the Aria of The Starless Night cover.

I've got a few questions and would greatly appreciate if someone could answer them. I'm only on chapter 19 of volume 01, and I currently lack the time to read on. But anyway:

1. Why is the first volume much bigger than the rest of the volumes? Volume 01 has around 22 or so chapters, and the rest appear have much less. Are they still similar lengthwise or are they just much shorter in general?

2. Why is the romance (and when I say romance, I mean the wuvely duvely relationship Kirito and Asuna have, and not some random haremy flirting) considered to be.. well, worse? Is it simply because there's less, or is it still there but in a less noticeable way (as Kirito and Asuna have been deeply in love with each for quite some time now)?

3. I remember tomtkp saying something about SAO having a happy but open ending (which I don't particularly mind as long as it's done well. The 'open' part, anyway). As long as Kirito and Asuna get their well-deserved happy ending, I'll be happy. Was this speculation on the behalf of fans, or is there some silver of truth to it?

Oh, and I posted 5 animated avatars made from the PV materiel in the anime thread but the only ones remaining as of now are an Egil avatar, and an avatar of Kirito crashing into Asuna. Just thought I'd let people here know incase anyone wants one.
Ray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 13:27   Link #404
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
I've got a few questions and would greatly appreciate if someone could answer them. I'm only on chapter 19 of volume 01, and I currently lack the time to read on. But anyway:

1. Why is the first volume much bigger than the rest of the volumes? Volume 01 has around 22 or so chapters, and the rest appear have much less. Are they still similar lengthwise or are they just much shorter in general?

2. Why is the romance (and when I say romance, I mean the wuvely duvely relationship Kirito and Asuna have, and not some random haremy flirting) considered to be.. well, worse? Is it simply because there's less, or is it still there but in a less noticeable way (as Kirito and Asuna have been deeply in love with each for quite some time now)?

3. I remember tomtkp saying something about SAO having a happy but open ending (which I don't particularly mind as long as it's done well. The 'open' part, anyway). As long as Kirito and Asuna get their well-deserved happy ending, I'll be happy. Was this speculation on the behalf of fans, or is there some silver of truth to it?

Oh, and I posted 5 animated avatars made from the PV materiel in the anime thread but the only ones remaining as of now are an Egil avatar, and an avatar of Kirito crashing into Asuna. Just thought I'd let people here know incase anyone wants one.
1. the first chapter seems to be a general introduction of who kirito is.
Its true you could make serveral vol. off the first one, but its to tell you how the story started, and kinda who kirito is.

Vol.2 does a better job filling in the time gap as its a collection of SS.
From what ive read so far which is up to vol.7 thanks to the translations, the stories seem to seed out from incidents which happened in untold sections from vol.1

2. Actually for the most part it kinda is like a harem until vol.4
EVERY GIRL KIRITO MEETS FALLS IN LOVE WITH HIM!
lololol... I was almost hessitant to call kirito a virtual "Tenchi", in the aspect of how high is attraction to the other sex is.
From reading Vol.4, it seems:
Spoiler:

3. I cant see an open ending on this one.
Spoiler:

If kirito doesnt get with asuna, im sure a lot of us will be sad.
Too much time was invested in kirito x asuna in this series.
Old 2012-04-30, 14:37   Link #405
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
1. the first chapter seems to be a general introduction of who kirito is.
Its true you could make serveral vol. off the first one, but its to tell you how the story started, and kinda who kirito is.

Vol.2 does a better job filling in the time gap as its a collection of SS.
From what ive read so far which is up to vol.7 thanks to the translations, the stories seem to seed out from incidents which happened in untold sections from vol.1

2. Actually for the most part it kinda is like a harem until vol.4
EVERY GIRL KIRITO MEETS FALLS IN LOVE WITH HIM!
lololol... I was almost hessitant to call kirito a virtual "Tenchi", in the aspect of how high is attraction to the other sex is.
From reading Vol.4, it seems:
Spoiler:

3. I cant see an open ending on this one.
Spoiler:

If kirito doesnt get with asuna, im sure a lot of us will be sad.
Too much time was invested in kirito x asuna in this series.
1. Ah, I had figured as much. It does a great job of establishing a sense of setting, the characters, and their relationships with each other, though.

Yeah, that.. caught me off guard when I took a quick look through the contents of the latter volumes. It's fairly unorthodox, to say the least.

2. Ah. So that's why some people kept talking about Kirito's harem. So it's only for about 2-3 volumes (from vol. 2 to vol. 4)? That's fine considering that's only a third of the entire series thus far.

Spoiler:

3. Oh, thank god for that. But by 'open', I meant something along the lines of 'Asuna and Kirito defeat xxx and managed to escape from yyy. The End.’ Then again, Kawahara has proven himself to be a good writer, so I guess that shouldn't happen.

Spoiler:

I wholeheartedly agree; but alas, some people enjoy a well-written piece of tragedy. I sure as hell don't, though. Kirito x Asuna happy ending or bust.
Old 2012-04-30, 16:46   Link #406
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
3. Oh, thank god for that. But by 'open', I meant something along the lines of 'Asuna and Kirito defeat xxx and managed to escape from yyy. The End.’ Then again, Kawahara has proven himself to be a good writer, so I guess that shouldn't happen.

Spoiler:

I wholeheartedly agree; but alas, some people enjoy a well-written piece of tragedy. I sure as hell don't, though. Kirito x Asuna happy ending or bust.
actually vol.7 ended with:

Spoiler:

Oh and correction... he picks up a girl each arc.
Shino was picked up from GGO. Its another world Kirito visits after SAO and ALO.

Basically..
In SAO -
Spoiler:

In ALO -
Spoiler:

In GGO -
Spoiler:

In Vol.7 -
Spoiler:

Oh here's the exact moment i think Asuna offically fell in love with Kirito.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-30, 17:35   Link #407
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
actually vol.7 ended with:

Spoiler:

Oh and correction... he picks up a girl each arc.
Shino was picked up from GGO. Its another world Kirito visits after SAO and ALO.

Basically..
In SAO -
Spoiler:

In ALO -
Spoiler:

In GGO -
Spoiler:

In Vol.7 -
Spoiler:

Oh here's the exact moment i think Asuna offically fell in love with Kirito.
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Ahaha. That's a little.. much. That's one big harem he's got. Do the girls hop from game to game with him, or is that just Asuna?

Spoiler for Vol. 07:

Spoiler for the duel:
Old 2012-04-30, 17:46   Link #408
aigomorla
100% Tsun... 0% Dere

Quote:
Spoiler for the duel:
ummm
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-30, 17:55   Link #409
Ray
Garnet

Quote:
ummm
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-30, 19:50   Link #410
ru5ty

Quote:
ummm
Spoiler:
Spoiler for errr:

ru5ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 20:35   Link #411
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by ru5ty View Post
Spoiler for errr:
That out-system chaining skill is impractical against players because of the lag time if you fail. Especially against a player of zekken's skill. However, he doesn't duel wield EVER after SAO in a normal pvp match unless he has to. Also he never uses excaliber unless he's in a dire situation or for his friend's sake like in v7

Also for his magic-cutting ability, he is able to do so because of his training in SAO and GGO experiences. It appears that he has an extremly fast brain reaction speed and a super strong will that only wavered once after SAO, at least up to v8
In his duel against Asuna, he dint use dual blades, just a feint that was realistic becuase he already possessed it prior.

He tends to get the attention of girls easily...-.-" but Asuna end is more or less confirmed. They're the best couple i've seen in any LN/Manga imo haha. And unfortunetely "the ultimate end" is non-canon
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 23:54   Link #412
sabado

Yeah, the last time he used Dual Blades -that i know- was against general eugene and Asuna was a Distressed Damsel; or like Lisbet would say: "when the game isn't a game anymore"
sabado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 00:17   Link #413
CNine
Inactive Member

Kirito will use Dual Blades again in the middle of Alicization as Black Swordman
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 03:05   Link #414
Seitsuki
Onee!

*slightly off topic

Is there an actual game that's like this (original Aincrad)? Not necessarily the same mechanics and whatnot, but.. something which gives the same epic sense of scale, immersion, companionship (?), achievement etc.. very subjective I know, but I've yet to come across a game which seems as awesome as this. If you know what I'm trying to get across.
Old 2012-05-01, 04:24   Link #415
Flere821
Lurker

If we're going by SAO (the game, not the series name) timeline, Kirito only revealed his dual-wielding at floor 74. Prior to that nobody else knew, except that blacksmith girl who smithed that white sword for him.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 04:33   Link #416
Seitsuki
Onee!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
If we're going by SAO (the game, not the series name) timeline, Kirito only revealed his dual-wielding at floor 74. Prior to that nobody else knew, except that blacksmith girl who smithed that white sword for him.
There was that very public duel a while before that..
Old 2012-05-01, 04:45   Link #417
nhormight

in Vol .9 Kirito lost him memories ?

(
nhormight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 05:22   Link #418
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
There was that very public duel a while before that..
Before? I thought that was AFTER Floor 74's cleared, the leader of the KoB heard about Kirito and basically asked to duel him with the Dual-wielding?
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 05:27   Link #419
Fallen3dge
Darkest Light

He never revealed his DS skill before except to Lizbet, but thats all we know for now. But it was said he had used it in dire situations before so the author could pull out an SS. A good one would be him gaining the DS skill.
On a side note. Is the coat kirito uses the same as the one he got from the 1st boss? They seem the same but in v1 he said he bought it in Algade. Or could it be a lie to hide his involvement in the 1st floor
Fallen3dge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-01, 06:26   Link #420
CNine
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen3dge View Post
He never revealed his DS skill before except to Lizbet, but thats all we know for now. But it was said he had used it in dire situations before so the author could pull out an SS. A good one would be him gaining the DS skill.
On a side note. Is the coat kirito uses the same as the one he got from the 1st boss? They seem the same but in v1 he said he bought it in Algade. Or could it be a lie to hide his involvement in the 1st floor
it co;uld upgraded or he is buying the same type[stealth], that has black colour. since weapon in upper floor is stronger than drop weapon in very below floor.
CNine is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, harem, kirito, non-harem, possible harem, romance, shounen, tragedy, virtual reality