Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-22, 14:27   Link #1
Mr. Tadakichi
ZB's A-Z of J-Music

Leaving window open...how long?

Just a quick question...how long do you normally leave the download window open after you've finished? Enough to match the original file size? More?

I always try to keep it open enough to re-share it one time at least, if not several...but obviously that doesn't really mean that one person got the complete episode. With a few hundred people DLing, it could mean only about .5% per person.

Just wondering.
Old 2004-04-22, 14:31   Link #2
Arwyn

I leave it open as long as I am not doing anything that requires a lot of bandwidth. Longest was about 2 days. Just do what you can, I run 3 to 4 torrents at a time, and about the same finished and uploading.
Old 2004-04-22, 14:32   Link #3
SwiftStar
Daydreamer

If I am not busy getting more stuff then I leave it on until 100%. This is how I usually do it because I usually dl when I am not home or asleep. If I really want to get something else really quick then I dl for about two hours after I'm done.
Old 2004-04-22, 14:33   Link #4
Mr_Paper
Hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Tadakichi
Just a quick question...how long do you normally leave the download window open after you've finished? Enough to match the original file size? More?

I always try to keep it open enough to re-share it one time at least, if not several...but obviously that doesn't really mean that one person got the complete episode. With a few hundred people DLing, it could mean only about .5% per person.

Just wondering.
I'd like to direct your attention to this this thread here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=659
Old 2004-04-22, 16:01   Link #5
Late
Peelo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arwyn
I leave it open as long as I am not doing anything that requires a lot of bandwidth.
Same here.
Old 2004-04-22, 19:09   Link #6
Seelenfang

I leave my windows open til I go to bed, but I have ADSL and have only 128 kBit/s upload...
I think they made i t this way in Germany to prevent to much downloading...but it sucks when u want to share but can't do it....

mata ne
Seelenfang
Old 2004-04-22, 19:19   Link #7
momojigari
Great I-Jin

I leave the uploads just enough to allow me to still use my net connection while surfing.
Old 2004-04-23, 00:11   Link #8
Nooj
Disabled By Request

I have 10 GB upload so I usually let them open until it's wasted. The month after, I reopen some.
Old 2004-04-23, 00:38   Link #9
Navi en Grey

O ... I'm so nice!!! I let other people upload off me just to make others go faster!!! Btw, my download speed is only 100 ... so I'm like doing the same to others, just to make their upload speed faster!! ^__^

***Uploading Bakuretsu Tenshi Episode 3 right now

N0W IMAGINE A WORLD WHERE YOUR SHARING A BIT TORRENT DOWNLOAD, AND N0BODY UPLOADS FROM U!! ::lol::

Now, I hope that never happens to me

***Upload Bakuretsu Tenshi speed at 13 kb ... O_o

- Navi
Old 2004-04-23, 00:59   Link #10
Slade xTekno
Tekkaman Blade!

I normally keep one torrent seeding whenever my brother isn't playing TFC on his computer [we have cable, and my torrents lag him considerably]. One window doesn't affect my browsing much.
Most of my seeding is done overnight. I just leave my computer on and go to bed.
Closed Thread