AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-10-05, 10:39   Link #41
trakker
Comical Scamp

Ahhh that was awsome, even in japanese and only picking up the odd word or line lol I think its got a good Wierd/crazy balance XD

I very much hope someone subs it, i mean the raw torrent has over 500peers on day one, atleast one of them HAS to be a subber X3
Old 2008-10-05, 12:08   Link #42
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This could be a show to watch out for. The animation involving the fight in the rooftop: that's a lot of frames used to do the animated motion! Potential love triangle also adds to the flavor not that it isn't obvious which is the intended pairing.
Old 2008-10-05, 15:25   Link #43
theman4life

Reading at various boards, forums and blogs is seems that most people dont know that the kemeko dx manga began before the to-love ru manga. As a result I can see people calling this a to love ru rip off when in fact it would be the other way around since kemeko dx came first. With that said I actually feel that kemeko is a whole lot better than to love ru and the few comparions to make are a pink haired main character who share the same VA.

Kemkeo dx has its own charm and feel and hopefully as the story progresses the comparisons to to-love ru will decrease. Anyways I'm still waiting for subs but the 1st episode looks to cover the 1st 2 chapters of the manga very closely.

Also any word yet on how many episodes this is gonna be?
Old 2008-10-05, 17:58   Link #44
trakker
Comical Scamp

You know, personally I failed to draw any correlation between this and To LOVE ru. If pink hair and same VA is all people are going on, that is pretty flimsy lol I love it when people make a fuss about rip-offs only to find that the so called "ripp-off" actually came first XD

This is the piolet, so one would assume the animation to be better, but if they keep it about this level, I would say its a couple of grades higher than the To LOVE ru animation.

Since the manga is still kinda ongoing, i would assume a 12ep series with like a bonus 13th ep, thats kinda the normal practice now.
Old 2008-10-05, 19:07   Link #45
theman4life

Same here, reading back,my last post doesnt seem to clear. I personally dont see any comparsions between the two either its just that Ive read alot of people comparing it to-love ru and it really gets under my skin.

The fact that the main character has the same hair color and VA should be no reason to compare this to T-LR. Hell the main character spends most of her time in the kemeko suit anyways so we wont hear much of her for awhile

Up to volume 4 there have been 28 chapters released. Seeing as 1 episode covered about 2 chapters if the pace contunes 12-13 eps sounds about right for all 4 volumes.
Old 2008-10-06, 15:58   Link #46
vas_a_morir

does that OP say "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Kami-sama?" It's really one of the better ones I've seen in a long time.
Old 2008-10-06, 23:22   Link #47
Nerroth
NePoi!

Saw the raw of ep 1- looks like fun...

...when will this be added to the list of currently airing series?
Old 2008-10-06, 23:28   Link #48
grunty

Quote:
Originally Posted by vas_a_morir View Post
does that OP say "Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, Kami-sama?"
Yep, it sure sounds that way. (+ "OH MY GOD" in the background)
Old 2008-10-07, 07:34   Link #49
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Awww...

ep 1
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-10-07, 08:21   Link #50
trakker
Comical Scamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
Awww...

ep 1
Spoiler:
This is one of thoses manga/anime's, where your not s'post to ask "why's". You are meant to step back, and just let your brain melt from the odd'ness X3
Old 2008-10-07, 11:11   Link #51
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
lol the ed is kind of cute
Old 2008-10-07, 14:40   Link #52
TsukasaTetris
Orenji~

Is there going to be a fansub group picking this up?
Old 2008-10-07, 17:32   Link #53
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The video was gone rather fast.
Old 2008-10-08, 01:52   Link #54
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by trakker View Post
If pink hair and same VA is all people are going on, that is pretty flimsy lol I love it when people make a fuss about rip-offs only to find that the so called "ripp-off" actually came first XD
Welllll, many people often tend to think flimsily or operate with a very sparse data set.

Still haven't gotten to see this.... but figure its worth a 3 episode probationary look.
Old 2008-10-08, 21:05   Link #55
Midonin
Last Engage

And the first Kemeko subs are out by Strike Subs. Looking forward to watching it (again).

Okay, upon rewatch I suddenly realized what MM was reminding me of so much - Zero Suit Samus.

Last edited by Midonin; 2008-10-08 at 21:38.
Old 2008-10-08, 23:18   Link #56
Zippicus

Well that was different lol. I'll have to watch a couple more episodes before I can form some kind of coherent opinion (possibly).
Old 2008-10-09, 02:33   Link #57
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

And here I thought it couldn't get any weirder than Maccademi Wasshoi... and this comes along. Totally subverts the mecha and harem genre all in one go. And I absolutely love some of the scenes like the 'What did you do to Izumi in the rooftop that warranted her to go to the nurses office?' scene, or when the girl just shoots the nurse and the ambulance crew thinking they were enemies lol. XD

Yeah, I love wacky anime. If the show keeps it up (fight scene on rooftop was gorgeous btw), then I'm watching this all the way through provided subs come at a regular pace.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-10-09, 02:49   Link #58
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Subs are out.
Old 2008-10-09, 05:26   Link #59
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

Weird, crazy and funny ep
Maybe I like the male lead char in opposition to the male lead char from To Love Ru, I really hated him.

Anyways this seems to be funny and the Kemeko Suit is gross uah ....
Old 2008-10-09, 05:38   Link #60
Sparrow1770
Avian Member

Fun, high energy comedy. I'm sold. Despite a bit of "what's going on here" it actually looks to be a fairly straight-forward boy-meets-alien(?)-girl story.

Giving the robot Kemeko a different voice from the girl inside was an unusual (but effective) choice. Though it can be a bit disorienting at times since Kemeko's voice ranges from deep to high practically in the same sentence.

The robot battle at school brought FLCL to mind. I'm tempted to think it was intentional... I could just be reading too much into it though.

Pleasant surprise of the show was Kugimiya as the mildly disturbing Hayakawa. Somewhere between Nene from Potemayo and Ichijou from PPD.
Closed Thread

Tags
comedy, hal film maker, romance, shounen