AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-09, 20:22   Link #1901
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

As if some of us didn't have enough reasons to like Shizuku already...
Old 2009-12-09, 20:51   Link #1902
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Fan art, and it's still didn't feel Shizuku-sation when you look at it. The Dagger have no chain, and Shizuku eyes too big, she barely stare with wide eyes in the manga and anime. Beside the position is a bit off

But I praised this fan-art artist coloring skill

IMO it more like Chidori Kaname than Shizuku

here the other character with Shizuku-vibe around 98% in her:

Last edited by surerman; 2009-12-09 at 21:13.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 21:12   Link #1903
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero7 View Post
another image i found

Spoiler for Shizuku:
[/QUOTE]

excellent picture. how can she not win Natsuru?
Old 2009-12-09, 21:30   Link #1904
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
Fan art, and it's still didn't feel Shizuku-sation when you look at it. The Dagger have no chain, and Shizuku eyes too big, she barely stare with wide eyes in the manga and anime. Beside the position is a bit off

But I praised this fan-art artist coloring skill

IMO it more like Chidori Kaname than Shizuku

here the other character with Shizuku-vibe around 98% in her:
I dunno man, on top of the fact that it's from a hentai.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 21:49   Link #1905
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
I dunno man, on top of the fact that it's from a hentai.
yeah I know, it's from H game called Jokei Kazoku
Do you have it?,I want to play it
bt looking at the char, she really closer to Shizuku than zwei posted picture above (except her hair color)
I'll call her Black haired Shizuku, may be she tone it with black to multiply her appealing for Natsuru?
Old 2009-12-09, 22:38   Link #1906
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkharuhiism View Post
If I misunderstood what you were trying to say, I apologize in advance. Also, a question, just for curiosity's sake, do you have a favorite out of the girls, Altima?
Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
aye! hot already? hyahahaha
I agreed, but you know, Altima-bro just like to debate about something, not like he seriously liking/shipping some char at all

why so serious? [Joker the Batman: arkham Asylum]
Sorry I didn't get back tot this in my last post.
surerman is almost correct. I don't have a solid favorite, throughout the show it cycles between Akane, Mikoto, and Kaede. As some of the people who know me know, I do like to debate, but I'll drop it if i find that things are too heated or if i do not think my point is not being absorbed by others after many conversations.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 22:58   Link #1907
surerman
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altima of the Gates View Post
Sorry I didn't get back tot this in my last post.
surerman is almost correct. I don't have a solid favorite, throughout the show it cycles between Akane, Mikoto, and Kaede. As some of the people who know me know, I do like to debate, but I'll drop it if i find that things are too heated or if i do not think my point is not being absorbed by others after many conversations.
LOL
I looking for you since I joined and just like you, Mentar bro also have similar trait

well, not all people in this forum has same English understanding and high tolerance, so it's common to debate. All people that I see argued with each other, based each or both of this cause, Miss-communication and Fanatic-ism while most of English speaker like you, Mentar-bro and else, sometimes use hard to understand word for average English user, that lead to debate (since they not get the point gyahahahaha)

let just have fun, shall we?
Oh! can any one can share to me Jokei Kazoku game that I mentioned above?
Old 2009-12-10, 00:00   Link #1908
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

man talk about singularity all of you guys are shizuku fans >_<

well i have to admit shizuku is by far the best option
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 00:10   Link #1909
Nosauz

I've stated many times that Mikoto is definitely a great heroine, also kampfer Akane is also awesome.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 01:07   Link #1910
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

Mikoto is a great character, but those qualities sort of fade out and die when compared to Shizuku

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 05:11   Link #1911
vio5555

I don't know what it is, but I haven't been able to get into Akane's character (probably the fact that her normal moeblob character has been static and for sideshow purposes of late).

I've actually liked Kaede and Mikoto as well as Shizuku obviously, but Akane's character (not in Kampfer mode) just comes off as lacking compared to the others. By that I mean, objectively the animators are portraying her as the most desperate girl, but then having her come up short or come up with ridiculous schemes.

She just tried the transitive kiss property..., I don't see how a character could be portrayed as sinking lower than that, even as a gag. At some level, I guess it's just that her character seems to lack any confidence compared to the other 3 girls; even Mikoto comes across in a better light on that level since she tries to move Natsuru and takes out her anger on him in a tsundere way even without Kampfer mode. Mikoto's even been helping Shizuku along by confirming the date as well as getting explanations out of Shizuku for her attraction to Natsuru. Even Kaede with her dark/evil mode has come a long way in just the most recent episodes.

Akane on the other hand, is just shown as failing to do what she wants to do on a consistent basis and then pouting about it, which sort of becomes a time waster after a while when the other characters are actually trying to move vis-a-vis the others. So the animators have done a far better job of integrating Mikoto into the show than they have Akane. Akane was important for the first two or three episodes and then she's become a sideshow as Shizuku took over. Mikoto's at least getting into the mix by realizing what's going on, so even as a static character she's had that redeeming quality.

I didn't mean this as a rant; it's just hard to like these kinds of characters when you see so many meek moeblobs end up left in the dust like Toujo Aya, regardless of the amount of destiny they have on their side (and Akane definitely doesn't have that other than being one little face in a sea of Kaede's in his mind, and even the accuracy of that picture is probably in doubt since Natsuru independently brought up Shizuku to the others as being the most prude and has been thinking about her or forced to a lot).

Last edited by vio5555; 2009-12-10 at 05:23.
vio5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 09:33   Link #1912
Altima of the Gates
Casting a spell on you...
*Graphic Designer

Location: Where there are no mallets or tentacles.... and the female cast of Tenjou Tenge is mine, all mine!
Send a message via AIM to Altima of the Gates Send a message via MSN to Altima of the Gates Send a message via Yahoo to Altima of the Gates
Quote:
Originally Posted by vio5555 View Post
I don't know what it is, but I haven't been able to get into Akane's character (probably the fact that her normal moeblob character has been static and for sideshow purposes of late).

I've actually liked Kaede and Mikoto as well as Shizuku obviously, but Akane's character (not in Kampfer mode) just comes off as lacking compared to the others. By that I mean, objectively the animators are portraying her as the most desperate girl, but then having her come up short or come up with ridiculous schemes.

She just tried the transitive kiss property..., I don't see how a character could be portrayed as sinking lower than that, even as a gag. At some level, I guess it's just that her character seems to lack any confidence compared to the other 3 girls; even Mikoto comes across in a better light on that level since she tries to move Natsuru and takes out her anger on him in a tsundere way even without Kampfer mode. Mikoto's even been helping Shizuku along by confirming the date as well as getting explanations out of Shizuku for her attraction to Natsuru. Even Kaede with her dark/evil mode has come a long way in just the most recent episodes.

Akane on the other hand, is just shown as failing to do what she wants to do on a consistent basis and then pouting about it, which sort of becomes a time waster after a while when the other characters are actually trying to move vis-a-vis the others. So the animators have done a far better job of integrating Mikoto into the show than they have Akane. Akane was important for the first two or three episodes and then she's become a sideshow as Shizuku took over. Mikoto's at least getting into the mix by realizing what's going on, so even as a static character she's had that redeeming quality.

I didn't mean this as a rant; it's just hard to like these kinds of characters when you see so many meek moeblobs end up left in the dust like Toujo Aya, regardless of the amount of destiny they have on their side (and Akane definitely doesn't have that other than being one little face in a sea of Kaede's in his mind, and even the accuracy of that picture is probably in doubt since Natsuru independently brought up Shizuku to the others as being the most prude and has been thinking about her or forced to a lot).
Interesting. What is it about those type of characters that even when they seem to have the upper hand, things turn toward the opposite? They do these little things that some might see as totally crazy that causes them to self-destruct their chances. They aren't dumb, they've built up quite a lot of leverage with the guy they are going after, but something just doesn't reach and then it explodes in a tidal wave of "why are you doing this to yourself?" moments.

More than once I've scratched my hair at the decisions the author makes which contradict the character's personality up to that point, at very critical moments. Its a slow deconstruction over time that gives more and more credibility to the argument against the girl in question of getting the guy. So, using Ichigo 100% as an example like you did there, we see many examples where Aya just failed for no good reason, just didn't get somewhere at the right time, or was just held by by a sudden tension, right when it was really important. The author's plan was set, so future effort on her part became superfluous. Since the arguments are credible, I can't argue with them, but something just didn't feel right with the characterization. So in the end, I agree with the detractors, but something doesn't feel right. Now that you've written that, I could focus my thoughts on exactly why it didn't. Satsuki even more so, but she destroyed herself faster.

As for the transitive kiss, you're right about that, it is kind of sad. This is a stage of desperation usually seen near the end of the self-destruction process, and the character in question usually becomes the 'tagalong friend of the main competitors(s)' or is already there. Its also usually around this part where you see the character saying stuff like, "Man, 'main-competitor' -san sure is great/cute/wonderful," or the dreaded, "How can I keep up?/What do I do?/I'm okay with being by his side." Which makes me go: "Noooooo, its not over yet, you're missing a critical point here!"

Last edited by Altima of the Gates; 2009-12-10 at 09:51.
Altima of the Gates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 10:18   Link #1913
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full Metal Coast View Post
excellent picture. how can she not win Natsuru?
The fact that we must even ask that question answers itself. Natsuru is far too stupid (can I assume everyone is in agreement that he's moved past the 'incredibly dense' stage?) to dump Kaede's bitch ass for the real prize.
Old 2009-12-10, 10:30   Link #1914
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
The fact that we must even ask that question answers itself. Natsuru is far too stupid (can I assume everyone is in agreement that he's moved past the 'incredibly dense' stage?) to dump Kaede's bitch ass for the real prize.
Umm, I thought the sole reason was part of the brainwashing caused by Kaede though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I've stated many times that Mikoto is definitely a great heroine, also kampfer Akane is also awesome.
QFT.

Normal Akane just seems so desperate nowadays. We even get a demonstration as to how desperate she is when she goes as far as asking Shizuku for a kiss (so she can get a taste of Natsuru's lips). How utterly dumb is that? Kampfer Akane was largely the reason why I was looking forward for this series, but she's so underutilized when compared to other characters that I couldn't help finding myself liking Shizuku more and more.
Old 2009-12-10, 12:30   Link #1915
Wrath88
Kissing...

You know, if this series EVER gets its own subforum, I bet there'll be one thread that is titled 'How dense is Natsuru?', and it'll be filled with examples from the relationship-wise (dense enough that he'll still think its a plot if Shizuku rapes him) to the metaphorical (dense enough to survive a few nukes).
Old 2009-12-10, 12:33   Link #1916
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Doubtfull considering there is 2 whole episodes left.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 13:06   Link #1917
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Speaking of episodes...where's #11?
Old 2009-12-10, 13:26   Link #1918
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest35 View Post
Speaking of episodes...where's #11?
by looking at ep11 pictures I kinda think it might be official ending.... but next week we might get an special episdoe (christmas one)...... offcourse that is if the series is made for 12eps and not 24 or something like that...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 14:13   Link #1919
Newhope

Well that was a really surreal and disappointing ending, at least they left it open for another series.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 14:28   Link #1920
Mentar
Banned

O_O;;

O_o;

>_>
<_<

(U_U)

Okay, let's not mince words. That was disastrously bad.

Spoiler for ep11:

I'll simply pretend that the last 15 minutes of the episode never happened. Or maybe I'll get myself enough to drink and try again, considering this ep a gigantic troll. My goodness ^_^;
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, genderbender, light novel adaptation, romance, shounen