AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-02, 00:30   Link #21
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
It'll most likely be one of two things: a second "remake" movie, or a third season. But considering that a movie would be going back to material that was aired like 5 years ago (more than that though, if I recall correctly), I think they'd be smarter to go with season 3. And after season 2's ending? I'd have to shoot them if they didn't eventually make a season 3.
Old 2009-06-02, 01:10   Link #22
darktruth

Maybe, or maybe it's a second movie that is remaking the second season of the series XD. After all, quite a number of people seemed to dislike the first half of that season (although most of those were coming from western fans so I'd like to know what the Japanese fans thought of it).
Old 2009-06-02, 05:45   Link #23
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by darktruth View Post
Maybe, or maybe it's a second movie that is remaking the second season of the series XD. After all, quite a number of people seemed to dislike the first half of that season (although most of those were coming from western fans so I'd like to know what the Japanese fans thought of it).
Crap is crap worldwide though, right?
Old 2009-06-02, 05:52   Link #24
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

The anime has deviated heavily from the light novels, or so I heard. Reminds me of Zero no Tsukaima.
Old 2009-06-02, 05:55   Link #25
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
The anime has deviated heavily from the light novels, or so I heard. Reminds me of Zero no Tsukaima.
Which is why it desperately needs a remake.

JC Staff should never be trusted to make up plot.
Old 2009-06-02, 07:05   Link #26
Zantetsuken

But the endings for both seasons are fillers, and they're decent.
Old 2009-06-02, 07:12   Link #27
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantetsuken View Post
But the endings for both seasons are fillers, and they're decent.
The books are much much better.

Yeah, but, the entire Konoe arc was really bad. And filler. And bad.
Old 2009-06-02, 07:14   Link #28
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Which is why it desperately needs a remake.

JC Staff should never be trusted to make up plot.
With so much material at hand, I question why they would even want to make up plot. Are they too lazy to read the novels for the script?
Old 2009-06-02, 07:18   Link #29
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
With so much material at hand, I question why they would even want to make up plot. Are they too lazy to read the novels for the script?
Apparently, (especially considering the Konoe arc) though a lot of anime directors do this.

It's like they feel as they can do a better job than the original authors can. But as another, well-known user on this forum has said, if they could do a better job they'd be novel authors/mangaka themselves, and not anime directors.

JC Staff in particular seems very guilty of this, though there are times when their additions and changes have actually improved the source material, like with Azumanga and Excel Saga.

It really depends on the competency of the director, I suppose.

Anyway, if all goes well, we might be seeing a remake, or at least an attempt to get back on track with the source material. I hope.
Old 2009-06-02, 07:21   Link #30
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Have to agree with Azumanga. One of the very few series where I'm not interested in the manga after watching the anime. Then again, I credit the seiyuu-tachi more than anything else.

But.. what the hell? The Excel Saga manga is still on-going? Lord...
Old 2009-06-02, 07:29   Link #31
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
But.. what the hell? The Excel Saga manga is still on-going? Lord...
Which is why the anime is superior. Also Nabeshin.

Anyway, is there even enough content left for a third season of Shana? How many novels haven't they covered/skipped over yet? (That aren't short story collections, as I doubt we'll be seeing those.)
Old 2009-06-02, 07:42   Link #32
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

At least, it's not loaded with fanservice, Zero-style... yet.

(But, Excel Saga runs in Shounen Gahosa's YK Ours. Hmmm...)
Old 2009-06-02, 08:29   Link #33
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Which is why the anime is superior. Also Nabeshin.

Anyway, is there even enough content left for a third season of Shana? How many novels haven't they covered/skipped over yet? (That aren't short story collections, as I doubt we'll be seeing those.)
Volumes X, XV, XVI, XVII and XVIII have not been covered in the anime. XIX (which hasn't had a date announced) is likely to be the final novel with the way things are going, though this is not definite.
Old 2009-06-02, 08:36   Link #34
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Volumes X, XV, XVI, XVII and XVIII have not been covered in the anime. XIX (which hasn't had a date announced) is likely to be the final novel with the way things are going, though this is not definite.
...That doesn't really seem like that much content, considering.
Old 2009-06-02, 08:48   Link #35
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
...That doesn't really seem like that much content, considering.
Material from earlier story arcs that hinted at and lead into the current and seemingly final arc of the novels was deliberately cut out of the first two seasons of the anime, so if anything they can bullshit with filler to explain important things for current events that they didn't put in previous adaptation of the storyline, just like they did with introducing the keeper by pilfering material from the game and giving the bullshit "Hecate hollow filling synch whatever made Yuji's PoE very large" explanation for Yuji being as powerful as a Lord.
Spoiler for Novel:
Old 2009-06-02, 09:24   Link #36
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

I kinda agree I dont want a third season filled with filler crap....I liked the way season 1 was set up (hell even the original ending was good) but the whole Konoe part was just painful....
I would actually love to see it as a remake which follows the plot closely. I mean why cant they? JC Staff did amazing at adapting Toradora! and are currently doing a fantastic job at adapting Hayate no Gotoku! Give the same treatement to Shakugan no Shana pls!!! I would hate to see this series go down the same path as Zero no Tsukaima
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Old 2009-06-02, 09:38   Link #37
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Ho~h... A 3rd season, huh... Well, not really a big fan of the series, but it is a good thing that it is getting one. I just wonder how it will start after that end...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
Please don't start another Kazumi love/hate discussion... o.o I'd be careful if I were you. ^^
What? So people who like Kazumi should just shut up?
I think the ones that react to every single post supporting her with negative comments like the one below are in a far worse position...

Quote:
Ah~, so following this formula, the third season will be even worse than the second season... <--fears...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2009-06-02, 11:49   Link #38
koohyuko

Yes! I'm pretty excited about this. Hopefully we won't get another filler type arc like in season two. Not that it was that bad, just annoying. Maybe they can hop back on the novel tracks after their previous derailments. Especially with the possibility that the novels could be ending soon. There'd be no need to stall with fillers.
Old 2009-06-02, 13:24   Link #39
Deathscyther

This is good news, I've been waiting for more Shana

Hopefully it will be a new season. After all, they could follow the novels for the most part with the way they ended season 2.
Old 2009-06-02, 14:12   Link #40
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Good news
Closed Thread

Tags
fantasy, shounen