AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 25 Rating
Perfect 10 30 21.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 21.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 22 15.60%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 17.02%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 4.96%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 2.84%
4 out of 10 : Poor 5 3.55%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 3.55%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.71%
1 out of 10 : Painful 13 9.22%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-17, 16:40   Link #101
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigemperor View Post

It really surprises me how conformist some people can be.
You really don't have any proof that I am. Which I'm not.

Also, I'm looking forward to next week, regardless of whether It's bad or not, It's still my fav scene ever
Old 2009-12-17, 17:27   Link #102
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

I've just checked up the episodes names. On ANN, the episode listing goes like this;

24.Episode IV-VI Adjourn
25.Episode IV-VII Sacrifice
26.Episode IV-VIII Checkmate

But this Episode (25) was named Episode IV-VII Forced Move
And next episode is named Episode IV-VIII Sacrifice

Are we getting another Episode after all? 27. Episode IV-IX Checkmate anyone? Or is it some sort of typo...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagges01 View Post
got the same at anime news
My point exactly, hence the ANN.
Old 2009-12-17, 17:32   Link #103
Hagges01
Special UFO Hunter

fix: got it, thx
Old 2009-12-17, 17:33   Link #104
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullchukka View Post
I've just checked up the episodes names. On ANN, the episode listing goes like this;

24.Episode IV-VI Adjourn
25.Episode IV-VII Sacrifice
26.Episode IV-VIII Checkmate

But this Episode (25) was named Episode IV-VII Forced Move
And next episode is named Episode IV-VIII Sacrifice

Are we getting another Episode after all? 27. Episode IV-IX Checkmate anyone? Or is it some sort of typo...?
That's strange... maybe they just changed the episode titles?
It'd be nice if there was another episode though.

Old 2009-12-17, 17:37   Link #105
Skullchukka
Letter from lost days ~

We can only hope for one more surprise episode, but I don't think that happens in real life...
Old 2009-12-17, 17:46   Link #106
Kitsu
The unlucky one

We will see soon anyway, since in a few hours the preview should be out, right ? (in about six or so)
Old 2009-12-17, 18:19   Link #107
Dawnbringerz
性転換団長

You people are missing the whole point of this series.

Umineko isn't about getting Battler and his family out of Rokkenjima alive, but rather to deliver the true meaning of magic to us audience, and this episode portrays exactly just that. They just are emphasizing this particular chapter to make the message stand out.

Without love, it can't be seen.
Old 2009-12-17, 18:54   Link #108
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnbringerz View Post
You people are missing the whole point of this series.

Umineko isn't about getting Battler and his family out of Rokkenjima alive, but rather to deliver the true meaning of magic to us audience, and this episode portrays exactly just that. They just are emphasizing this particular chapter to make the message stand out.

Without love, it can't be seen.
I'm 14 and this show made me believe in magic
What this episode said to me was "Believe in white magic or I'll kill you." But that's totally not what they were saying.
The plot is for Battler to get out, but, personally, I'd rather him stay with Beato (I'm a mega-shipper, I ship things that usually shouldn't be shipped)
Old 2009-12-17, 19:21   Link #109
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I feel I should say that I found this series to pretty much be the epitome of human misery so far.

While it does have it's humourous moments, they are always severely botched by a gruesome murder or cruel treatment down the road. I'd personally think a hidden moral of Umineko is to show us just how cruel and unmerciful humans can be with one another and how much we rely on imaginary fantasies to escape from the unfair reality of the world...

...while at the same time giving us an exciting murder mystery to keep us interested. =D

I just hope the finale is accompanied by a (somewhat) happy ending, otherwise Umineko's gonna depress the hell outta me till the next season gets here.
Old 2009-12-17, 19:30   Link #110
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

And me who though that in fact the magic was all delusions and something real was really happened ...
Anyway , witch can be creepy yeah . (talking about the anime)
Old 2009-12-17, 19:30   Link #111
Kite22
Wielder of the Bracelet

Send a message via AIM to Kite22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSyko View Post
I feel I should say that I found this series to pretty much be the epitome of human misery so far.

While it does have it's humourous moments, they are always severely botched by a gruesome murder or cruel treatment down the road. I'd personally think a hidden moral of Umineko is to show us just how cruel and unmerciful humans can be with one another and how much we rely on imaginary fantasies to escape from the unfair reality of the world...

...while at the same time giving us an exciting murder mystery to keep us interested. =D

I just hope the finale is accompanied by a (somewhat) happy ending, otherwise Umineko's gonna depress the hell outta me till the next season gets here.
This of course assumes their WILL be a next season, looking at the current DVD sales and ratings and what DEEN themselves have said, unless things majorly pick up then a second season is very unlikely.
Old 2009-12-17, 19:37   Link #112
cattz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maho Momo View Post
I'm going to rate this episode itself a 9/10. It's very faithful to the game... but like others have said, it's going to screw up the finale... which is much more important. ^^;

These polls further show how pointless they are and how some people are just as hopeless..

in my opinion (so you can't disagree with me, as we went through before..)
Old 2009-12-17, 19:42   Link #113
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite22 View Post
This of course assumes their WILL be a next season, looking at the current DVD sales and ratings and what DEEN themselves have said, unless things majorly pick up then a second season is very unlikely.
They damn well better, if not Deen than another animation studio.

I really want to see Chiru's plotline. I'm not playing the VN unless I manage to get my paws on it a certain way.
Old 2009-12-17, 19:47   Link #114
typhonsentra

This episode was.... odd. I have no idea how they can satisfactorily wrap this arc up by 26.
Old 2009-12-17, 19:55   Link #115
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kite22 View Post
What did DEEN say about this? I missed that.

Old 2009-12-17, 20:07   Link #116
maximilianjenus
[E]

Rated it a 9, it was a great Episode and I wish all the Episodes were like this one.

Already expecting the next one to be about as good as II-VI, tho.
Old 2009-12-17, 20:14   Link #117
OliverTwist

As an anime only viewer this whole arc has been a confusing mess. Why they waited so long to introduce Ange, who it seems is really important to the overall story, blows my mind. Her whole story seems like it belongs in it's own show entirely.

I would have dropped this show if it wasn't for the amusing interaction between Beatrice and Battler and even that has fallen by the wayside. I could really care less about a second season now, I'll be glad if it's over next week. :/
Old 2009-12-17, 20:30   Link #118
Skreecher

After watching this episode again, now that the subs are out... I realize how truly awesome this episode really is. The way I look at it, this episode was done right in that it had a full episode just to the one chapter. The stuff discussed in this episode, in my opinion, seems to make up for any information about magic cut from previous episodes, and also does a great deal of characterization. I think Ange's talk of magic is very important for a particular scene that will be in the next episode. I am definitely keeping my rating as a 10.
Although, the subs I watched may have gotten a line slightly wrong.
Spoiler for Final words:
Old 2009-12-17, 20:31   Link #119
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Anyways thought the episode was pretty good in jumping back to Ange's story. As expected the situation on that island got pretty brutal. Points to Ange getting up after getting beaten that badly. Definitely handled herself well in such a rough situation. Plus leaves you with no sympathies for those guys. Especially the ones who shot second since they already saw it was a pretty bad idea.

As expected that old lady was definitely pretty messed up. Coming all the way to do that.

Overall was pretty good. Reflected on the darkness and the habits of pushing the pain onto others that was clear in Rosa and Eva. Plus the example of Maria slowly turning from a nice girl into someone that wanted to get rid of the things that were hurting her. It's a journey from raining sweets to bullies getting killed.

Obviously the last episode is going to be busy and tough to pull off. But all one can do is wait for it and see how it turns out.
Old 2009-12-17, 20:34   Link #120
CainSonozaki

I dont recall the Captain saying all who knew about kuwadorian besides kinzo and genji in the VN. but here he says that kumasawa knew
Closed Thread