AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Durarara!!

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-03-05, 11:34   Link #1
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Character Discussion - Heiwajima Shizuo

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Heiwajima Shizuo related.
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Durarara!! fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2010-03-05, 23:34   Link #2
Raskolnikov
Former Siberian

I find it sad that the best character in the show has a rather non-vocal fanbase. Are most Durarara viewers secretly Izaya fangirls?
Oh the topic on the man, he is awesome. Any scene involving him automatically gets a hit of adrenaline and GAR. His friendly interaction with Celty and his brother, however, paint a different Shizuo - a gentle man, hidden behind a berserk mask.
Old 2010-03-06, 00:18   Link #3
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Shizuo is win. And he hates violence, truly.
Old 2010-03-06, 00:42   Link #4
Velsy

Hes probably my favourit character so far until more is revealed on the Slasher dpending if it impresses me more than Shizou.

His crazy angry eyebrow reminds me alot of Mustang from Full metal alchemist, I love it ^_^

Not to mention, in episode 3, thats the most awesomesause punch I have seen in anime O_O

Donated by Om Nerabdator
Old 2010-03-06, 01:11   Link #5
Beltane70

Every episode manages to prove me wrong when I think that Shizuo can't get more awesome!
Old 2010-03-06, 04:37   Link #6
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah it's pretty hard to say that Shizuo isn't the best character in this series. He really does put on a great show in each episode.
Old 2010-03-06, 11:12   Link #7
Starry Dust
Lurkin' in ur threadz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raskolnikov View Post
I find it sad that the best character in the show has a rather non-vocal fanbase.
Haha, I beg to differ
They're vocal alright.

I would pick Shizuo over Izaya anyday.
While his GAR-ness is awesome, I adore his sweet/kind side as well.
Old 2010-03-06, 11:24   Link #8
Kirarakim

Izaya is intriuging but Shizuo is GAR and cool (and a nice guy). So in the end I enjoy them both for different reasons.

I don't really see anything likable so far about Izaya but he is very compelling. However there is a ton to like about Shizuo even if he is more straightforward in the end.

I also definitely love the Celty/Shizuo friendship.
Old 2010-03-06, 12:38   Link #9
Freeter
beyond

"Ah, that's going to bleed if I pull it out, huh? Maybe I should buy a bandaid on the way home. Nah, maybe superglue would be better."

Is there no limit to this man's awesomeness? He could probably get hit by a bullet train and shrug it off with a few stretches.

Quote:
These two need their own spinoff. Or an action movie.

And you could easily tell that Shinra was jealous in the latest ep. Heh, imagine him trying to take on Shizuo. He'd end up more fractured than a jigsaw puzzle
Old 2010-03-06, 18:51   Link #10
Kallen4life

Quote:
word

Quote:

And you could easily tell that Shinra was jealous in the latest ep. Heh, imagine him trying to take on Shizuo. He'd end up more fractured than a jigsaw puzzle
double word .. though I don't think anything romantic will happen between Shizuo & Celty .. unless Shinra turns obsessive Yagiri-style and starts to get jealous even over friendship - though I hope not, I like him now

man is more GAR then Archer .. or the same

also he reminded me a bit of Whitebeard (*sniff*)

def my fav
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Old 2010-03-07, 00:33   Link #11
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
I find it sad that the best character in the show has a rather non-vocal fanbase.
Oh they are vocal Ive experienced that first hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim
Oh god so do I <3 they are adorable as friends, he acts so....normal around her. One of my fave scenes was when he finds Izaya at the apartment and he's about to throw a door and Celty is giving the "Uh could you put that down please" hand signs

Also I loved when the both cocked their heads to the side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4Life
man is more GAR then Archer .. or the same
Oooo good comparison Yeah he's up there with Archer and Kamina in the GARness
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-03-07, 04:38   Link #12
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Oh they are vocal Ive experienced that first hand.
Indeed. Sounds like someone needs to go check out livejournal and pixiv.
Old 2010-03-08, 16:57   Link #13
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeter View Post

So true. These two definitely need a spinoff or just an epic movie. Just imagine the damage they could do if put into a bad situation . There is just something about that friendship that leaves me smiling. You could throw out so many differences, but they get along really well.

But Shizuo is definitely my favourite character in the series. He's just an awesome guy. Plus you can't help liking him since he is a good guy that just can't control his anger. Besides you just have to enjoy watching him throw around thugs and large objects .
Old 2010-03-09, 05:00   Link #14
Deshwiran

Definitely my favourite character of the season,i could watch a 120 mins long movie simply made of him throwing around stuff and people.
Old 2010-03-09, 05:27   Link #15
Battler-kun

Shizuo-kun is just a brainless violent brawler. A good for nothing guy.
That's what he is.

Though i must admit he creates funny situations.
Old 2010-03-10, 12:31   Link #16
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battler-kun View Post
A good for nothing guy.
So did you miss all the times he's helped and at least been with Celty when she needed someone who isnt Shinra talking about how finding her head isnt important. I think youre just viewing his violent behavior and not his full personality.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2010-03-10, 13:08   Link #17
Raskolnikov
Former Siberian

Shizzy is probably the poorest character. Lives in a shitty apartment, smokes bad cigs and feeds off cup noodles.
There is a downside to having awesome destruction powers, and it's called damage payment.

Last edited by Raskolnikov; 2010-03-12 at 23:40.
Old 2010-03-11, 12:13   Link #18
Silencers
My best friend is a gun

Send a message via Yahoo to Silencers
Quote:
Shizzy is probably the poorest character. Lives in a shitty apartment, smokes bad cigs and feed off cupped noodles.
There is a downside to having awesome destruction powers, and it's called damage payment.
Oh harsh, harsh reality. I simply love how Shizuo tries his best to relate to other people while trying to suppress his rage and emotions.
Old 2010-03-12, 21:49   Link #19
CMSensei
Formerly -> CMHerrera
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshwiran View Post
Definitely my favourite character of the season,i could watch a 120 mins long movie simply made of him throwing around stuff and people.
oh wouldn't that be fun to see? I would watch it

CM-san's Mystical Creations

"The one who can win
against me, is me!"

- Daiki Aomine
Old 2010-03-29, 04:37   Link #20
xAlicex

I like Heiwajima shizuo but I like izaya too;D izaya is like the one who does things using his mind while shizuo is more of a violent person but in fact he is just a very quite and gentle person;D somehow i find that this compliments him;D and im sure there are some female fans of shizuo...i saw some character poll, izaya is the most popular followed by shizuo;D so shizuo is still awesome;D i wonder why was he even violent in the first place? his brother seems like the total opposite...
Closed Thread