AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Negima

Notices

Old 2006-08-19, 21:48   Link #41
Shredder

I didn't see anything wrong with the original season. If someone else draws Asuna then I may not like her anymore bc she won't be like Naru chan
Old 2006-08-20, 01:15   Link #42
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
This news was old, but it never did have a release date on it. I'm sorta glad there's a remake on MSN.

ps: I wonder how Akamatsu feels about this.

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 07:58   Link #43
ScR3WiEuS
My E-Penis > Your E-Penis
*Fansubber

are you guys on crack??????
one of the biggest disappointments in the anime is how it wasn't as ecchi and didn't have as much fan service as in the manga. however, the remake is done by SHAFT, the studio that brought us Mahoromatic, G-ON Riders, sakura diaries, popotan, etc
it would surprise me if it didn't have as much ecchi as in the manga. ( and more than in the first season )
Old 2006-08-22, 11:17   Link #44
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Um, the biggest disappointments in the first season were that the animation was *so* bad they replaced the entire animation team after episode 10... and they completely deviated from the manga and the Kyoto arc everyone was expecting. They might have been able to survive that but the story that replaced it, while compelling, had a completely lame ending and worse, trashed the Pactio card system so many of the fans loved. The production company Xebec won't be asked back to parties anytime soon and they are not involved in any follow-on work.

If you liked the first season or didn't see anything wrong with it ... you might ought to review the historical threads --- even the creator of Negima was publicly completely unsatisfied with the first season. Ken A. is *delighted* that he's getting a second chance to get Negima on the screen -- all the original voice actors are back (save one who retired), he's also getting a chance to make Negima more action-oriented like the manga.

Frankly, the cuteness of the girls are just icing on the manga's storyline - the series would be just as popular with much less cheesecake. Asuna reminds some people of Naru because of her personality as much as her looks --- a different drawing style won't really change that.
Old 2006-08-22, 13:37   Link #45
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm so its gona be a remake of the first season...how much of a change to the story would it be? or would it be like rewatching the first season only with a little something extra (eg more fanservice)?

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 14:01   Link #46
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

they replaced the entire animation team after episode 10...

the funny thing is shortly after episode 10 past the library arc the anime went on a downhill spiral that couldnt be stopped

i think it iwll be a completely new animation that shares story similarities with the first season. maybe things like how negi and asuka meet are the same and such but what happens after might be changed. alot of the filler will be gone hopefully. maybe more expansion on evangeline and chachamaru. and the biggest hopeful wish is that the pactios are put to partical use and impact the show and asuka is the tough cookie she is supposed to be.

one of the biggest disappointments in the anime is how it wasn't as ecchi and didn't have as much fan service as in the manga

yeah.... actually that wasnt on my complaint list.... lol....
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 14:47   Link #47
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Whatever we might wish for... it appears they are contemplating major story modifications based on their advertising. Even the title "NEGIMA!?" implies some alternative storytelling ... which is not to say that familiar story elements won't be there (Negi's arrival, pissing Asuna off, Evangeline/Chach, Nodoka, Pactios, that stupid ermine, etc). It just may get told in a way more suited for animation story dynamics.

it just may not be in the proportion, order or sequence from the manga and we hope not from the first season.

My latest suspicion is that they're going to shorten the "set up" episodes to focus more on action --- and we just *might* get a decent rendition of the library complex adventure and the Kyoto arc in its intended glory.

Obviously, they're keeping their secrets and amping the hype so everyone will watch. However, having seen the OVA preview done by the new team --- I'm fairly confident we'll get a good story even if it isn't exactly the story from the manga.
(hope hope hope)

@Potatochobit: yeah the animation spiraled even faster after the change as well as the story line..... of course, they won't say but I suspect the first team blew up the budget and the second team was purely budget damage recovery Xebec style. As far as I'm concerned the only episode with any merit is episode 19 .... as for the rest -- a few seconds here, a few minutes there, some great voice acting.

I'm hoping they take a few notes from the Nanoha series on better quality SFX as well.
Old 2006-08-22, 15:01   Link #48
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
hmm i for one wasnt bothered that much by the animation in the first season...but it could be that im just blind but wht i really hope the remake would do is give us a better ending than the original...the ending is wht pissed me off the most...i was sitting there saying "WTF" to myself when it ended...it just hung in the air...so a better ending is definatly needed

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 15:49   Link #49
Tsukishirou

OMG! I would kill if they could remake Tsubasa Chronicles and xxxHOLiC to how they´re suppoused to be. Lucky Negima.
Tsukishirou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 16:09   Link #50
Shredder

Spoiler:
True her personality was like Naru, but her looks too as she was drawn exactly the same way. Both contributed to her appeal, maybe only for me tho. Hey Vexx, do you know Kaoru M? I saw that Hachimitsu on your sig; he's at my med school

Last edited by xris; 2006-08-22 at 16:34.
Shredder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 16:27   Link #51
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmm, doesn't ring a bell though the way we were placed in the college system and once you specialized in your degree - one rarely encountered more than 100 people on a daily basis. And if he was pre-med, we rarely saw them after freshman year

My younger son's middle name is Kaoru but he's named after my wife's father.

@shredder's spoiler: Though it was very dramatic, it was just out of the blue and stupid from a story context (as was the whole mess after that .... it would have just been fscking easier to *do* the Kyoto Arc).

It did just occur to me what their lame reasoning probably was -- they'd already gotten confused about the AsunaxNegima and focused on the "harem" aspects to the loss of the whole story ... so in their lame way they figured they needed to have the climax focus on saving Asuna rather than Konoko. Then in some brainstorming meeting where a hand grenade might have worked wonders, some twit said "we need to amp this up... why don't we --" and boom they lost it.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-08-22 at 17:31.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 16:51   Link #52
Maximum Burst
Intelligent Device

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
...all the original voice actors are back (save one who retired)...
I think that two CVs are not returning. I think that Chao's CV retired because she got married, and Akashi Yuna's CV isn't returning for some reason.
Maximum Burst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-22, 17:32   Link #53
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

ah thats an update to the last list I got .... I knew about Chao (waaah!!! ear-piercing but a good choice, hopefully the new one can do high-pitched chinese accents).

Hadn't heard about Akashi though ... so many of the girls got so few lines outside of the character CDs (I think I can count Mana's lines in the anime on one hand). The beach OVA gives hope that they'll devote more attention to each girl (or at least seem to by giving them more "throwaway" lines to say).
Old 2006-08-22, 21:23   Link #54
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Something just hit me... Negi's spare wand looks suspiciously like Sterling Inferno somehow...

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

panzerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-23, 10:23   Link #55
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
@shredder's spoiler: Though it was very dramatic, it was just out of the blue and stupid from a story context (as was the whole mess after that .... it would have just been fscking easier to *do* the Kyoto Arc).
Yeah, they could have easily told the full kyoto arc story with around 4/5 more episodes. That would include more from the Setuna & Konoka story, and of course.. introduce Chizuru's lil' friend. <3

But even with that said, i found what happened for the end of the anime to be pretty good, sure it was rushed.. but it made great drama to watch, and one hell of a upsetting experience to match.
Old 2006-08-23, 15:05   Link #56
Shredder

That spare wand was a really funny moment I thought, fitting for his 10 yr old self. Oh Vexx I guess you're not part of Solar, as they're also doing Hachimitsu 2 and I forgot there was at least one other group out there doing it. That's what I meant to imply earlier but now I see why it was unclear. Err I hope that's not against TOS, maybe I should've PMd

Harem aspects huh...well I liked the chemistry between Asuna and Negi a lot. Age diff wasn't too big..maybe Negi can just level up or have Asuna level down, to lil Asuna-chan perhaps? In spite of the age diff it was very similar to Keitaro x Naru = <3<3<3 best
Old 2006-08-23, 16:51   Link #57
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Sorry, you're talking to a Motoko + Keitaro supporter so I have a couple of plushy Totoro critters stuffed in my ears now ... la la la la

There's not really a "motoko-equivalent" in this show (archetype is split into 2 or 3 girls) so I'm just equally waving flags for Yue, Nodoka, Asuna, Chach, and Evangeline on Mondays (none of whom have much to do with the Motoko-archetype ... Setsuna has already announced her target)

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-08-23 at 17:06.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-12, 18:07   Link #58
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Looks like we have the release date for the first Negima OP! ^_^

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/detailview.html?KEY=KICM-3135

I'm liking the idea that its going to follow the same as the first series.. having the girls in a group for each OP.. though i wonder who they'll go with first.
Old 2006-09-13, 00:01   Link #59
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Three Words:

Bring. Back. Kotaro. Negima is no longer a Harem manga first and foremost, but a Martial Arts Manga that just happens to have Harem Elements. Yet the crew of the animation held Akamatsu sensei's intent in utter contempt, unable to extract their prosteriors from their fecal-excretory-openings and still unable to get over Love Hina.
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-18, 23:40   Link #60
Ronin Aquila
Sky Warrior

Oh Good Grief.....

As if the First TV Series was not already unecessarily sanitized enough....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negima%21%3F
Ronin Aquila is offline   Reply With Quote