AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2013-04-27, 11:11   Link #42101
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Ugh... Better stick to my inherent metals instead. Izuru really makes my head hurt. Impractical but awesome Ichika was shelved in exchange for Aries but I'm contemplating bringing him back into the fray. Sppecially now that I've named the Setsuna's successor technique. Which is basically a hundred more times dangerous >.>

Add in I want to put an evolt core then things go insane.

Tabane: 001's core is in there right? Byakushiki I mean.

Chifuyu: that's right, the first core you ever put your heart and soul in is there. But it's not the only core.

Tabane: what? That unit has more than 1 core?

Chifuyu: Yeah... The one you couldn't control.

Tabane: !!! Impossible. That can't be the one. I destroyed it!

Chifuyu: the core you didn't register. The one failure and shame you have. The First is there along with 001!

demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 17:54   Link #42102
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

D'oh, apparently Chifuyu's suit is made by Eras, body hax and blood coughing anyone?

Wasn't as bad as I though, I suppose Chifuyu simply play cat and mouse with I.S. until reinforcement came, no indication she beat any I.S. without help of Yamada. The suit just allow her to move fast enough (as in, superhuman fast) to avoid fatal blow. Her sword barely scratched them, skill be damned (it also lack the sheer mass and durability of I.S. blade I suppose)

Hmmm...

Problem solved?

My Scenario

> Chifuyu epic entrance
> Chifuyu deal with them, but unable to win. They mock Chifuyu for her resistance is futile
> Chifuyu mock them if they can't beat one woman quickly they're hopeless thinking of invading I.S.A.
> Joshua and Yamada came with completed KureZakura on tow
> Bloodbath and killcount competition ensues

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-04-27 at 18:09.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 18:08   Link #42103
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Apparently the swords she was packing weren't enough to do any real damage to the IS units. Still need IS-grade weapons to damage an IS I suppose. Moving around like that would take a toll on her. But if she could manage movements similar to this while IN a suit... scary.

So some of us will breath a sigh of relief since Metal Gear Chifuyu isn't as OP as was feared. Either way, I'm happy. But now, Tabane now has this insane desire to put Madoka against Chifuyu? She she partial only to that face and no other??? And for some reason, Chifuyu's current IS is in a stone...!? 0.0 freaky...
Old 2013-04-27, 18:15   Link #42104
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Yeah, I like to think Chifuyu's SKILL is godlike, not her strength. Playing mouse with I.S. never deemed impossible for me, just require hax amount of skill... which Chifuyu posses.

In mine, KureZakura is not literally on the stone, just doesn't have the core because it's used by Kurogane.
Old 2013-04-27, 18:32   Link #42105
Eratas123

Looks like Tempest has finally admitted to his tastes: Carbon Fiber beats all!
Old 2013-04-27, 18:36   Link #42106
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Looks like Tempest has finally admitted to his tastes: Carbon Fiber T&A beats all!
Fixed for you

Anyway, so yeah. You could possibly chalk that the Skull Suit and Chifuyu's suit is mostly the same origin and nature, with some differences.

I also seems that Alternative suit EXIST IN UNIVERSE, and effective enough to be considered more than nuisance.

Old 2013-04-27, 18:42   Link #42107
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I still stick to. The notion that the suit wasn't necessary. And it would have been that much more epic to see kurezakura.
Old 2013-04-27, 18:50   Link #42108
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

What about the alternative power armor then?

Quote:
• They get the new equipments called Extended Operation Seeker (EOS) that is the exoskeleton suit (similar to rider ).Jifuyu orders them to equip and try to use in order to gather data
• Everyone complains that it’s heavier than IS and has a hard time to make a movement except Laura who seems to used to it before
FUCK YEAH IRONY

(I'm under sugar rush now, I apologize for being annoying and uncontributing)
Old 2013-04-27, 18:56   Link #42109
Eratas123

According to the spoilers, she's not the only one who has it: All the girls do to and apparently Laura's already used it before the story began.

@ Senpai - On a side note, I found this pic from Suisei no Gargantia to be the closest thing I could relate to Shadow:

http://imgur.com/4x9Mx8I
Old 2013-04-27, 18:59   Link #42110
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The problem is he's introducing new crap without explaining the old crap. Again! There is so much to expand on! What's more each cast member has been shown to be highly competent in what they do. I'd think it'd be a fairly challenging but possible task for them to distract IS without the power suits. The only idiot who'd be useless is Ichika.

If there was a silver lining to all this it's that OC alternative power armor writers like jak will probably get more acceptance. Hopefully. -_-"
Old 2013-04-27, 19:01   Link #42111
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
According to the spoilers, she's not the only one who has it: All the girls do to and apparently Laura's already used it before the story began.
Nope, not the same suit.

EOS is power armor similar to G-series of Kamen Rider Agito

Chifuyu (and Tatenashi) Snake Suit is apparently Carbon Fiber dress. Durable? Sure. Lightweight? Very! (1/5 density of steel) but extremely weak to fire.

Quote:
@ Senpai - On a side note, I found this pic from Suisei no Gargantia to be the closest thing I could relate to Shadow:

http://imgur.com/4x9Mx8I
*Imagine it's Irish and Karon*

YES! YES!

Last edited by ZeroXSEED; 2013-04-27 at 19:16.
ZeroXSEED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-27, 19:05   Link #42112
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

*snickers* Think Jifuyu made Laura wear it while in Germany? And if so, I bet she didn't pass up the chance to test it herself.

Probably a good thing Ichika didn't see her in that outfit - might have had a similar reaction like I did.

But I imagine that FangKing could use this in his fic no doubt. His seriously bro-conning Chifuyu taking up 6 swords to smack some fools down in just her own Skull Suit. Ahhh~ no good, imagination running wild~

*lurk mode active*
Old 2013-04-27, 19:22   Link #42113
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Wait, how did Tatenashi lose again? I'm sure anything bar a head shot wouldn't affect her if she was in her IS.

Side note - Only hiccup in the pic is that Ledo is taller than Amy Irish and Karon are about the same height, give or take a couple of inches.
Old 2013-04-27, 19:30   Link #42114
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

No, apparently she also use Chifuyu snake suit (for some reason I don't know). As I said before, that suit is damn hard to tear, unless you have a nice fire starter. Tatenashi defeated by plasma cutter. Blowtorch cut carbon material like razor to paper. Then they shot her with tranq gun.

EDIT; err, wait. the spoiler mention I.S. yet mention carbon dress, what?

Irish is one or two inch taller I remember, but constantly slouching made him look shorter most of the time.
Old 2013-04-27, 19:39   Link #42115
Eratas123

@ Senpai - ...Since when were Plasma Cutter blow torches standard issue? What, was Isaac Clarke leading the charge or something?

Yeah, he has piss poor posture He never gets taller or looks older either since he looks the same 16 years down the line.

Anyway, how easy is it to teach someone how to reload a gun in the middle of a high stress situation?
Old 2013-04-27, 19:43   Link #42116
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Define high stress.
Old 2013-04-27, 19:45   Link #42117
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
@ Senpai - ...Since when were Plasma Cutter blow torches standard issue? What, was Isaac Clarke leading the charge or something?
Special forces, son.

Apparently Izuru also play Resident evil.

Quote:
Anyway, how easy is it to teach someone how to reload a gun in the middle of a high stress situation?
Hard enough that it's a separate part of a soldier's training schedule (along with weapon assembly).

The problem is that not reloading it right might kill you or anyone nearby.
Old 2013-04-27, 19:49   Link #42118
Eratas123

High Stress - Whole you're being shot at

The thing bugging me is that, when teenagers get guns in anime, they seem to instantly know how to reload. Pulling a trigger is fine; knowing how to hand feed a shotgun is pushing it.
Old 2013-04-27, 19:51   Link #42119
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
High Stress - Whole you're being shot at

The thing bugging me is that, when teenagers get guns in anime, they seem to instantly know how to reload. Pulling a trigger is fine; knowing how to hand feed a shotgun is pushing it.
High School of the Dead at least got it right.

Kohta gave the lesson before they can shoot, and since the zombies aren't particularly fast, they have all the time to reload slowly and snipe them, rather than wasting ammo by channeling Rambo. When Saya enraged in a scene, all her shot missed the target. And it's a heavyweight SMG set on semi auto, meaning normally you wont miss at such close range.

Kira 'Jesus' Yamato also, he knew how to pilot gundam but knew jack shit about firearm. He threw them on enemy's head
Old 2013-04-27, 19:52   Link #42120
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Chances are it won't end well. Shaking hands while reloading might either end with not sticking it into the whole for a few times. Hurting your own fingers. Maybe even forgetting to pull the charging bolt after succerssfully loading. Practice doesn't make the reloading easier. It makes it faster and it replaces the need for mental memory with physical memory. Physical memory isn't as infliuenced by stress so generally smoother action.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest