One-Eyed Dragon

Spoiler for ep 8:
Old 2011-02-25, 19:22   Link #1022
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Spoiler:
Old 2011-02-25, 20:15   Link #1023
Wigwams

wait... was it cordelia who was shown looking down at the village?
Old 2011-02-25, 20:20   Link #1024
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wigwams View Post
wait... was it cordelia who was shown looking down at the village?
It certainly seemed to be possible, esp as the magician fellow standing next to the girl mentioned something about her name being cleared or some such.
Old 2011-02-25, 21:10   Link #1025
kitten320

Ok that was dumb... did that maid have a rocket in her butt in order to move around the village so fast?

Victorique sure is strong but what pissed me off the most is that there were 3 more people on her side and no one even THOUGHT about coming and helping her! I'll be quiet about actually HELPING! Just WTF?! Just how egoistic do you have to be?

Victoriqu/Kujo interections are good but I picked this series for its mystery atmosphere which is really low here -_-

And looks like Victoriques mother is alive and probably will bring not a very nice suprise in the future...
Old 2011-02-25, 22:11   Link #1026
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for ep8:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 00:29   Link #1027
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for ep 8:
Hah! That was the first thing I thought of, too, when the village's name came up.
Spoiler for Ep. 8:

So, does anyone know if the next episode is from the second manga volume or the third novel? It looks like we're going to get three eps. per novel and two per manga vol., which would add up to the announced 24 if I'm counting correctly (6x3 and 3x2)?
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 00:29   Link #1028
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep8:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 03:15   Link #1029
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
So, does anyone know if the next episode is from the second manga volume or the third novel? It looks like we're going to get three eps. per novel and two per manga vol., which would add up to the announced 24 if I'm counting correctly (6x3 and 3x2)?
Everything comes from the novels. The manga is just an adaptation just like the anime. The second anime story came from the GosickS side story novels, as will the other non-main novel episodes.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 06:57   Link #1030
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Breaking this episode up into 3rds, the final 1/3 of it was amazing. The scene with Victorique and Kujo was so emotional. Aoi, your acting pwns.
Old 2011-02-26, 09:20   Link #1031
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Spoiler for ep 8:

On a more serious note, those "gray wolves" were disappointing. They used to be feared because of their superior intelligence, but none of them displayed it in this arc. Quite the contrary, in fact. I guess centuries of inbreeding didn't work so well for them.
Old 2011-02-26, 10:21   Link #1032
Molenir

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Spoiler for ep8:
Heh, glad to know I'm not the only one who was seriously disappointed in this episode. Still watching the series, but that arc was pathetically weak, and even more pathetically written. Very, very sad. Could have been much better.
Molenir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 10:35   Link #1033
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Harminia killed that dude when she was 6 years old?

A 6 year old in a maid outfit? What? Maybe it was just a mental reenactment by Victorica.

Her brother finds any excuse to hang out with her. Does he play dumb as an excuse just to see her?

A nice twist on the maiden in the tower.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 11:18   Link #1034
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

On a more serious note, those "gray wolves" were disappointing. They used to be feared because of their superior intelligence, but none of them displayed it in this arc. Quite the contrary, in fact. I guess centuries of inbreeding didn't work so well for them.
Lol, yeah. There were some weird things about this episode, such as:
1) Finding out Harmania did it, so easily.
2) Harmania being convincted to execution for a crime she commited when she was a child.
3) Harmania setting fire to whole village so fast and so easily.
4) Kujo being unable to overpower a maid and Ambrose doing it so easily.
5) Ambrose not giving a long winded idealistic speech before punching Harmania in the face (Hurr)
6) No one thinking to help Victorique pull Kujo up.

Other than that it was an okay episode. What made it up was Victorique shouting at Kujo. Very emotional.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 13:14   Link #1035
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol, yeah. There were some weird things about this episode, such as:
1) Finding out Harmania did it, so easily.
2) Harmania being convicted to execution for a crime she committed when she was a child.
3) Harmania setting fire to whole village so fast and so easily.
4) Kujo being unable to overpower a maid and Ambrose doing it so easily.
5) Ambrose not giving a long winded idealistic speech before punching Harmania in the face (Hurr)
6) No one thinking to help Victorique pull Kujo up....
1. H attacked V in the study, and knew the details of the old king's death. Might start you thinking. V saw the doves and thought of misdirection, then just put two and two together: coins for doves, and small person to hide and stop clock (she herself hides in a similar way so it would be in her mind). Neither easy nor magical.

2. In that small monarchy, the king's word is law. He exiled Cordelia in a similar autocratic way. Seems unjust to us, but normal in a mediaeval autocracy.

3. This is something so many people are getting wrong, it seems to me: the speed with which the fires sprang up was not shown in real time, but was a narrative technique to show H moving across town to the gate without having to take time to show all her movements. Clearly, the technique didn't work, since so many people still think it was supposed to be real time. And it does seem she had a magical supply of gasoline to spread around, lol.

4. Decent point, but Ambrose may be bigger and stronger than Kujou. And he didn't so much overpower her as surprise her and wrest the spear from her, throwing her temporarily off balance.

5. ....

6. I agree with this point, but I know it was to leave them alone for the drama.

The only real problem for me was having a six-year-old murder the king. Other than that, it was one of my favorite episodes.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2011-02-26 at 14:05.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 14:03   Link #1036
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
1. H attacked V in the study, and knew the details of the old king's death. Might start you thinking. V saw the doves and thought of misdirection, then just put two and two together: coins for doves, and small person to hide and stop clock (she herself hides in a similar way so it would be in her mind). Neither easy nor magical.
Yeah I figured it was her too. I'm meant getting the conclusive evidence was what seemed too easy.

Everything else, yeah i guess it makes sense. I just wished they didn't rush it and let more explanation be given to little things like this. Needless to say, the Light Novel probably gives it more depth but still...
Old 2011-02-26, 14:13   Link #1037
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Which begs the question of why she spoke at all, if she's the one who did it. If she'd just kept her mouth shut, Victorica would never have had the details necessary to deduce anything.

What I thought is that Herminia was the one who found the body, and that she had the same kind of deductive abilities as Victorica. That they were, in fact, the so-called "power" of her people. Thus she would know that Victorica was innocent, and that the Elder knew it, too. And had exiled her in spite of it, making him the prime suspect. That would explain her talking to Victorica. Her being the culprit all along? It doesn't. It doesn't explain why she'd resent Cordelia like the rest of the villagers, either, since she'd know with absolute certainty Cordelia was framed. By her.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 14:20   Link #1038
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's an explanation I don't like to use because it does feel contrived but I think this is the only explanation they expect us to believe:

Spoiler for shocker:
Old 2011-02-26, 14:23   Link #1039
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

They could at least have made it some kind of split personality where she didn't know what she'd done.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-26, 14:45   Link #1040
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
.... Needless to say, the Light Novel probably gives it more depth but still...
It does imo.

It also develops the eerie, disjointed feeling of the village much more.

Tags
bones, horror, light novel adaptation, school life, shounen