AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-30, 16:05   Link #521
kagami77

http://imgur.com/a/4jqnM

Below is a summary of Wake Up, Girls! FESTA on 4/27.

(Because I am still in the middle of writing the whole summary, I will edit this post as I finish).

The event started with Wake Up, Girls! preparing for the concert behind the curtain. They started reciting their lines for the event, such as the rules for the event, but then they realized the mike was on the whole time. The first performance was タチアガレ!. The girls were all wearing their character’s school uniforms. After that, Asanuma Shintaro (voice of the Manager Matsuda) came on stage, acting as the host for the event. He says the President won’t be able to make it, because she was caught smoking on the premises even though smoking is forbidden. He apologizes for the event being delayed (the event started about 1.5 hours late) due to having to deal with the trouble caused by the President.

For the first corner, Asanuma took a stand on the left of the stage, and the girls took seats on the right. Asanuma asked the girls what their favorite scenes in the anime were, with Kaya being chosen to be the first to answer. Kaya’s favorite scenes were the scenes in Miyagi in episode 9, which they played in the background while she was answering. Asanuma praised Kaya’s performance in this episode, saying that he was amazed by how genuine Kaya’s emotions were during the episode (she is from Tohoku). She mentions that the がんばっぺ written on the bouey in the episode is actually her handwriting, and it took her over 50 tries to make it look just right. The next person to answer was Miyu, and her favorite scenes were of Ota and his friends. Asanuma revealed that Ota and his friends (their seiyuu) were actually in attendance, and they were on the second floor of the hall. They shouted WUG, saikou! just like in the anime, and everyone turned their concert lights green and reenacted the concert scenes from the anime as they were being played in the background.
Minami’s favorite scenes were of her playing the UFO catcher in episode 7. Asanuma asked if any of the girls played UFO catchers, and Miyu was the only one to say yes, causing Asanuma to make fun of her for being the most nerdy girl in the group. Mayu’s favorite scenes were the concert scenes in the last episode. Unfortunately, the other girls weren’t able to answer what the question, because they were running short on time.

The next corner was a mock court, where the girls had a chance to take turns being plaintiff and defendant. The first girl chosen to be plaintiff was Airi. Airi chose Yoshino to be the defendant, and her complaint was that Yoshino always wakes up late, and gets angry when others wake her up. Yoshino took the stand and argued that she doesn’t get that angry, but her defense was definitely lacking, and she was voted guilty by the audience. The next plaintiff was Nanami, and the girl she chose to be defendant was…Yoshino again. This time, the complaint was that Yoshino always loses her stuff, causing trouble for the rest of the members. Nanami recalled a story where Yoshino once left her uniform backstage at another event. Yoshino made a defense stating that how she was really busy and that it was one of her first events, but she was voted guilty by the audience again.
Because Yoshino was the defendant the last two times, she was chosen to be the next plaintiff, and the girls she chose as defendants were both Airi and Nanami. The other girls start complaining that this was just becoming a battle for revenge between Yoshino and Airi and Nanami. Yoshino’s complaint was that Airi and Nanami take way too long when taking a bath, causing the other girls to have not enough time to take a bath when sharing hotel rooms.

To be continued...
kagami77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 11:40   Link #522
l.kostas

Wake Up, Girls! Anime Gets New Film in 2015:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
l.kostas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-14, 13:01   Link #523
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Now even the smallest anime idol troupe is hitting the Arena.
Old 2014-12-14, 13:14   Link #524
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

That's music to my ears
Old 2014-12-14, 13:28   Link #525
JohnNiles

That's an ironic statement, looking at your sig.
JohnNiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-15, 00:21   Link #526
l.kostas

Movie discussion thread:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=129813
Old 2014-12-15, 01:35   Link #527
Nork22

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
Now even the smallest anime idol troupe is hitting the Arena.
That's a bold statement aiming for Tokyo Dome.
Old 2014-12-16, 12:46   Link #528
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I think its about time i ask the really obvious question....

Is there a heirarchy of venues for idoldom? Like how imas seemed fixated on Arena, Love Live getting their shot as well, WUG hitting the Dome, and even earlier both the K-on! and Sphere were looking for Budokan. Even appearing on the New Years Day show means something when Nana Mizuki first appeared on it.

Could someone in the know put it all together for me?
Old 2014-12-16, 16:43   Link #529
Nork22

Quote:
Could someone in the know put it all together for me?
I'm no expert but I'll try to explain it.

Budokan is actually a martial arts arena but it's also a place a lot of international bands performed as well. Bands like the Beatles, Santana, Kiss, and a few others. So in a way, you can say performing at Budokan is like performing on a stage where famous stars has once performed on. However the capacity of the place is small as it can sit up to 14k at maximum.

Saitama Super Arena is the second biggest indoor arena in the world if I'm not mistaken. It's max capacity is at about 37k. That is the reason why iM@S and LL can afford to hold their concerts at this area. Also many other artist have performed there as well as a few notable music festivals. Then you'll often hear about Yokohama Arena, which is the 2nd biggest indoor arena in Japan, with max capacity of 17k. So you can imagine what it really means when they can pull in numbers like that to any of the arenas.

Now with Tokyo Dome, it's main purpose is to host baseball matches, however it's been know to host concerts as well. The Dome's capacity as I read is at 50k, which is an average for a large baseball stadium. The key point of it though is that the AKB group not only hold their concerts there, but it's also where they held their general elections, elect new members and also announcements of members graduating. It's really a big deal for the AKB crowd, and with what the WUG movie is suggesting, they are wanting to take on that same AKB crowd. That's insanely ambitious but hey, with the power of anime anything can happen.

Now with New Years performance you mention, it's called the Kohaku Uta Gassen. It's a long running program by NHK that pits female artists (Red) against male artist (White). It's also the most watched show on TV as it's broadcast on New Years Eve. Remember how Honoka (in Love Live) asked which colour won? It's the same show. It's a good reflection on what the youths do while they wait for New Years to roll round before heading out to the shrines. The honour of performing on this program is strictly by invitation only, and it became a huge deal for Nana because she is the first anisong artist to appear on the show. You can imagine what this has done to her popularity.

Last edited by Nork22; 2014-12-17 at 06:20. Reason: grammar fix-ups
Nork22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-17, 00:51   Link #530
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

No, Nork, you did perfectly! I understand now.
Old 2015-02-11, 03:55   Link #531
l.kostas

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...gare-pv-posted

Old 2015-02-11, 13:02   Link #532
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I'm such a sucker for indie idol groups.

Gogo WUG! Prove that there's still room for idol anime besides iM@S and Love Live!!
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 18:09   Link #533
Nork22

Quote:
I'm such a sucker for indie idol groups.

Gogo WUG! Prove that there's still room for idol anime besides iM@S and Love Live!!
They still need to beat out Aikatsu!
Old 2015-02-11, 21:44   Link #534
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I always felt Aikatsu is there because of Sunrise realizing how bad they butchered xenoglossia. Lol
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-11, 21:51   Link #535
Nork22

Quote:
I always felt Aikatsu is there because of Sunrise realizing how bad they butchered xenoglossia. Lol
I like Xenoglossia, as a Sunrise Giant Robo series. I just don't think of the girls as any of the iM@S girls. Actually would be better if I just think of them as the 1st Vision girls that we now have all but forgotten.

Tags
idol industry, idols, yamakan