AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Ah! My Goddess

Notices

View Poll Results: AMG! Season 2 Episode 23 and 24 Rating
Perfect 10 19 45.24%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 10 23.81%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 16.67%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 7.14%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 2.38%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.38%
Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-04-11, 15:16   Link #21
aliensporebomb

Send a message via AIM to aliensporebomb Send a message via Yahoo to aliensporebomb
It was nice - certainly nicer than the abrupt ending of episode 22.

I suspect this was a "hey, wait a second, we don't have any OVAs - we
CAN'T air the last two episodes since the DVD buyers will have a conniption".

So 23/24 was a spiff for the DVD buyers really.

Now, I think a lot of people misunderstood what Bel' meant by one day
no longer being with Keiichi. It's that he's mortal and has a finite lifespan
and isn't going to always be around. Eventually he will pass away.

It's not that Bel' would one day leave him, it's that simply he's a human
and even though she looks human she apparently is immortal.

That being said, I'd like to see a season 3 of this provided we have some
forward movement on the snogging front. Or something.
Old 2007-04-13, 14:15   Link #22
TigerII
Pilot in Training

Then why did he say when she left he would wait for her return?

I don't think they are immortal because they apparently age, just much, much slower.

I just wish it would end...what if the author passed on before he finished? I guess someone who works at his publishing place would finish?
Old 2007-04-15, 10:34   Link #23
jianfish
Looking for something

Wonder if they are at the "Live Happily Ever After" stage? I hope they deal with more serious issues like how Belldandy can stay with K1 forever? Belldandy is a goddess after all and she can't be making Bentou for K1 and waiting for him to confess forever.
Old 2007-04-15, 23:15   Link #24
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

The episodes were ok, but I gave it a rating of 1. The show is in jeopardy of getting canned and instead of giving 2 exciting episodes to catch peoples interest, they give these so-so episodes. Looks like there wont be a season 3

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2007-04-15, 23:21   Link #25
TigerII
Pilot in Training

I never really thought there would be. It never really goes anywhere and I am sure, just like us, people is Japan are getting bored with K's inability to say or do anything with Belldandy.
Old 2007-04-16, 10:07   Link #26
Mr Hat and Clogs
Did someone call a doctor

Mm, 24 wasn't to bad, but a bit of a downer to finish the season/series on. It was funny don't get me wrong, just didn't seem quite the thing to finish a season with. If they do a season 3, I hope it has a bit of progression with the two of them, maybe some closure on the whole thing. Even if its the apocalypse, a heartfelt confession right as the world is engulfed in flames would be fine! OK, maybe not that, maybe Bell' giving up Godhood to live with him, or visa versa. Anyway yeah, the show needs a little progress (spice things up a little) or closure.

I do like the series, it is a nice change of pace, and I'd still sit and watch through a 3rd season if it is more of S1 and 2 again, but I would love to see a bit of progress on the relationship front, they seem still to shy of each other for people that having been living with each other for that time. Not saying they should be as loose as a bunch of frat members and kegging it up each weekend, but they should be a bit more used to each other now. But things may be a bit easier since he got the words out finally at the end of 24. I'd also like to see some more plot lines played out, or different scenarios, I don't know whats in the Manga, but I'd like to see a little more on the Divine front, maybe with them taking up the baton for heaven and doing some of the hard yards on Earth, or some more things like out of the movie. as well as a bit of the usual University, real life shenanigans, and so on, as it is funny seeing the three sisters dealing with normal human things.

Last edited by Mr Hat and Clogs; 2007-04-16 at 10:19.
Old 2007-04-17, 00:10   Link #27
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
I don't know whats in the Manga,
Manga's been going for almost 20 years now, and the closest thing they do there is holding hands. It's about pure love, you know. Well, Bell does kiss Keiichi from time to time, but he is too shy.
Old 2007-06-01, 14:42   Link #28
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by jianfish View Post
Wonder if they are at the "Live Happily Ever After" stage? I hope they deal with more serious issues like how Belldandy can stay with K1 forever? Belldandy is a goddess after all and she can't be making Bentou for K1 and waiting for him to confess forever.
Easy. No sacrificial Arwen ending, and no retarded type-moon ending either.

K1 goes to heaven and works with Skuld on all sorts of crazy contraptions

Seriously, they have comp haxxorz, mech-mayhem lolis, spandex-wearing valkyries, why not mechanics while we're at it?
Old 2007-06-28, 06:52   Link #29
ItachiGT
Banned

Lovely Anime i must say.

BTW: PEORTH IS SO FREAKING HOT! what a Beauty she is

She is the most beautiful character i've ever seen so far!.

ah..........................
Old 2007-06-28, 20:49   Link #30
Demongod86

Peorth? Ehhhh? Belldandy looks far more amazing than Peorth does. Anyone goddess will look hot wearing a Peorth-type outfit what with all the skimpy leather and all, but Belldandy looks good in *ANYTHING*. Remember Peorth in ep 21? Not that hot.
Old 2007-06-28, 20:58   Link #31
Demongod86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
Manga's been going for almost 20 years now, and the closest thing they do there is holding hands. It's about pure love, you know. Well, Bell does kiss Keiichi from time to time, but he is too shy.
He kissed her at the end of season one (before the chibi uld)
Old 2007-06-29, 03:40   Link #32
ItachiGT
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
Peorth? Ehhhh? Belldandy looks far more amazing than Peorth does. Anyone goddess will look hot wearing a Peorth-type outfit what with all the skimpy leather and all, but Belldandy looks good in *ANYTHING*. Remember Peorth in ep 21? Not that hot.
No no no no, dont agree^^
Old 2007-06-29, 09:26   Link #33
mdauben

Quote:
  • Peorth.... beautiful.
  • Belldandy... very beautiful.
  • But Urd is FREAKING HAWT!!!
Just my opinion, of course...
Old 2007-06-29, 15:47   Link #34
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
He kissed her at the end of season one (before the chibi uld)
You mean that peck on her cheek?
Old 2007-07-29, 21:43   Link #35
Souten no Seigyoku
The Anti-Moron

if all they do in the manga is kiss in the cheek then dont bother with season 3. There has to be...more.... That's that.

Sayoko (sp?) discovering Bells secret and other goodies.

Join The Naruto Online Multiplayer Game Naruto-Arena.com

omai wa yowai....naze yowai ka? tarinai kara da nikushimiga
Old 2007-07-30, 08:28   Link #36
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerII View Post
I never really thought there would be. It never really goes anywhere and I am sure, just like us, people is Japan are getting bored with K's inability to say or do anything with Belldandy.
I don't know. The manga has been runnning for like 25 years now, and is up to something like 30 volumes. Keichi and Belldandy still have not consumated any sort of releationship there and people still seem to be eating it up. While I think they do need to do something better than just "more of the same" for a third season, I hardly think the AMG anime franchise is dead.
Old 2007-07-30, 09:52   Link #37
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

20 years, not 25, and 34 volumes. And Keiichi and Bell are quite comfortable with their relationship, not to mention the fact that there are a lot of stuffs happen which are not connected with romance.
Old 2007-07-30, 11:01   Link #38
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleo Scanti View Post
20 years, not 25, and 34 volumes.
Opps! You are right, I don't know how I got 1988-2007 was twentyfive years.

Quote:
And Keiichi and Bell are quite comfortable with their relationship, not to mention the fact that there are a lot of stuffs happen which are not connected with romance.
Yeah, but my point was that the manga has managed to remain popular for a looooong time without ever "finalizing" the B/K relationship. If they can do it in the manga, there is no reason they can't continue the anime for another season (or more!) following the same tactics.
Old 2007-07-30, 20:08   Link #39
Demongod86

LMAO it just begs the question...who'll do the hollywood embrace first...K1 and Bell (real goddess) or Kira and Lacus (figurative goddess)

Bah, I think this calls for some Potarra earrings...
Old 2007-07-31, 02:45   Link #40
Kleo Scanti
Urd Fangirl

Quote:
Yeah, but my point was that the manga has managed to remain popular for a looooong time without ever "finalizing" the B/K relationship.
Actually my second statement was not addressed to you, I just forgot to separate it. I agree with you here.
Closed Thread