AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-21, 13:03   Link #5601
Karna
just some guy

Does anyone have the translation for the part of the novel where The Holy Right took out a satellite in orbit?

And a trans for the art where it shows that The Holy Right deletes space and auto targets it's victims?

I mean the part where "The strike that reaches everything when swung" is explained...?
Old 2010-10-21, 13:10   Link #5602
tsunade666

holy right took out a satellite in the orbit?

The chapter 9 and 10 aren't translated yet. but first time for me to heard that holy right took a satellite. I thought that was index.

the strike that reaches everything ....... I think it's been explained in the few pages back... or not.

But simply put the holy right as an omnipotent ability. That's the best way to describe it. It matches the opponents ability.

For the Imagine breaker shows absolute negation of super natural abilities the holy right is the power to absolute conquer everything.

If fiamma sets you as a target for the holy right thanks through index knowledge because without the controller of index Fiamma can't access the knowledge needed to control holy right.

And when holy right is set on it's target.... jet let it do it's job. It's a one hit KO attack to begin with. Just like divine punishment of vent.

When ever ever you are as long as you had malice towards her. You would be put into unconscious state.

Holy right works that way. Wherever you are you would get hit.
Old 2010-10-21, 13:16   Link #5603
Karna
just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
holy right took out a satellite in the orbit?

The chapter 9 and 10 aren't translated yet. but first time for me to heard that holy right took a satellite. I thought that was index.
I had heard it did. I thought I saw it mentioned a few pages back.

Quote:
the strike that reaches everything ....... I think it's been explained in the few pages back... or not.

But simply put the holy right as an omnipotent ability. That's the best way to describe it. It matches the opponents ability.

For the Imagine breaker shows absolute negation of super natural abilities the holy right is the power to absolute conquer everything.

If fiamma sets you as a target for the holy right thanks through index knowledge because without the controller of index Fiamma can't access the knowledge needed to control holy right.

And when holy right is set on it's target.... jet let it do it's job. It's a one hit KO attack to begin with. Just like divine punishment of vent.

When ever ever you are as long as you had malice towards her. You would be put into unconscious state.

Holy right works that way. Wherever you are you would get hit.
Is there any translations for Fiama using the Holy Right? I'm interested in the ability.
Old 2010-10-21, 13:49   Link #5604
Miraluka
Banned

I think Fiamma's third arm is a Phoenix's claw which is a legendary bird related to the fire and the inmortality.
Old 2010-10-21, 14:11   Link #5605
tsunade666

I initially thought it's a dragons claw bearing the power of dragon. But dragon in a sense is evil in christians way. Phoenix sounds better because it looks like a birds foot.

Their isn't a translation yet about how fiamma use his holy right but their are summaries in the wikia.

Though even if holy right can has the ability to absolute conquer anything it's more like destroying evil. It's utterly useless if the target of the holy right is good or bearing positive emotions or thoughts.

The target use by fiamma is the world's malice. Fiamma starts the war to drag create hate and disorder. Holy right can be only at use when that time happens. it's useless if all is in peace.

Hate of the people pours power to the holy right. But the war that Fiamma started not only bring despair it also brings hope. When the people start uniting and the disorder and hate disappears so as the power of the holy right.
Old 2010-10-21, 14:18   Link #5606
ellifeedn
Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
By how useful they are to Aleister's plans.....all predetermined from the start...
Thanks for answering, but I asked the wrong question. What I meant to ask was: what was the secret about the Power Curriculum Program (or whatever program that is related to developing espers) that Shiage and his girls (lol) learned?
Old 2010-10-21, 14:26   Link #5607
tsunade666

the secret is simple.

All the one who has potential to level up to 5 where taken care of and given special treatment and the who doesn't meed the standards are put to halt in development.

If you had a higher chance to level up into higher level. The academy wouldn't stop your development. But if your chances are low then the academy would literally put a 0% chances for you to develop thus all is under control on how level you can get.

"All predetermined from the START"

So Mikoto's all blabbering about hard work isn't all true. That's all thanks to the academy city.
Old 2010-10-21, 14:39   Link #5608
ellifeedn
Thinker

So this means that besides the first and second rank level 5 espers the other 5 were made by the academy for their purposes? And that they can make any esper into a level 5 if they so wished to?
Old 2010-10-21, 14:42   Link #5609
tsunade666

not accelerator and dark matter but all the level 5 except the 7th rank Sogita Gunha are all made by Academy City.

The only espers they didn't cultivate are the gemstones.

They can't make any one into level 5 if the kid herself/himself doesn't had any potential to level up.

The only one who can do that is Rikou and she's still not level 5 but on the way to becoming level 5.
Old 2010-10-21, 16:06   Link #5610
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by outerelf View Post
I got a quesiton:

Is there a reason why Flare821 and Cosmic Eagles translations are so different? Flare821 translation is basically the same, but there seems to be a lot added on. Is it because Flare821 was translating from the chinese instead of the Jap?
Probably because Cosmic Eagle is more fluent in English and has a larger vocabulary to keep sentences constrained.
Old 2010-10-21, 18:26   Link #5611
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
I got a quesiton:

Is there a reason why Flare821 and Cosmic Eagles translations are so different? Flare821 translation is basically the same, but there seems to be a lot added on. Is it because Flare821 was translating from the chinese instead of the Jap?
I think Flere821 is translating from Chinese, so there's bound to be something lost (or created) in translation. Also, for volume 22, only fan translations are available so far, so even more room for differences there.

BTW, have summaries of the Kanzaki SS been posted here? I'm gonna be reading it starting from part 2 during the weekends, so I can post summaries if needed.
Old 2010-10-21, 18:42   Link #5612
tsunade666

their isn't any summaries yet.

The only story I know of Kanzaki SS is about the trap maker? or is it key or lock maker... Forgot what that guy makes. That defend a cathedral level security. Then Kanzaki find a girl relating to the incident then the truth be told. The guy Kanzaki is chasing is doing it for the sake of freeing the girl or is it boy...from his/her past but I doubt it would be a boy concerning it's toaruverse and it's always ends with a girl.....

EDIT:

Summaries would be real appreciated.
Old 2010-10-21, 18:42   Link #5613
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack View Post
I think Flere821 is translating from Chinese, so there's bound to be something lost (or created) in translation. Also, for volume 22, only fan translations are available so far, so even more room for differences there.

BTW, have summaries of the Kanzaki SS been posted here? I'm gonna be reading it starting from part 2 during the weekends, so I can post summaries if needed.
It would be nice, I'm lost with the Red Flood girl things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The only story I know of Kanzaki SS is about the trap maker? or is it key or lock maker... Forgot what that guy makes. That defend a cathedral level security. Then Kanzaki find a girl relating to the incident then the truth be told. The guy Kanzaki is chasing is doing it for the sake of freeing the girl or is it boy...from his/her past but I doubt it would be a boy concerning it's toaruverse and it's always ends with a girl.....
Usually a loli. I laugh hard if Fiamma ends with one of the lolis under Ollerus and Silvia's care .
Old 2010-10-21, 20:57   Link #5614
Nya~n
umbrella moe~♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
It would be nice, I'm lost with the Red Flood girl things.

Usually a loli. I laugh hard if Fiamma ends with one of the lolis under Ollerus and Silvia's care .
or fiamma takes the role of the loli in ollerus' care.
Old 2010-10-21, 21:05   Link #5615
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

u guys think toumas "death" is a halfway point in the story?
Old 2010-10-21, 21:28   Link #5616
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
I got a quesiton:

1) Yes I'm using the Chinese version compared to Cosmic Eagle who used the Japanese persion, so there'll probably be discrepancies.

2) And Cosmic Eagle did about half of that part in the novel, and I went and did the other half when fixing up his translations.

Extra note: Part 5 of Ch12 is also done by me and out on BakaTsuki, go check it out

And can someone check the Jap version whether there are actual clearly marked parts to the Epilogue? I'm considering moving onto that after Ch12's done, but the Chinese version is just one big part... and I don't like taking on large chunks of text at once =/
Old 2010-10-21, 21:39   Link #5617
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

one more question but this has to do with the manga. Anyone know or have an idea of what touma sees in ch.10 when he is fighting index's johanns penn mode. He sees her distort space and then he sees something in it. Got a clue?
Old 2010-10-21, 21:41   Link #5618
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
one more question but this has to do with the manga. Anyone know or have an idea of what touma sees in ch.10 when he is fighting index's johanns penn mode. He sees her distort space and then he sees something in it. Got a clue?
Whatever he saw was never addressed in the novels as far as I know... and unlikely ever will be addressed unless Touma gets his memory back IMO.

And as for the Kanzaki SS... wasn't there a summary up on Index Wiki somewhere?
Old 2010-10-21, 22:06   Link #5619
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
And as for the Kanzaki SS... wasn't there a summary up on Index Wiki somewhere?
Only a summary of the first part.
Old 2010-10-22, 04:05   Link #5620
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
i had the feeling it's st. george dragon but i could be wrong >.>

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen