AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

Old 2007-08-31, 18:59   Link #321
Devard

I'll cross post these two from shanachan, courtesy of Piku.

Spoiler for New character:
Devard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 20:08   Link #322
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post

Yea, more spoilers!!
Is that supposed to be horns or is that her hair?
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 20:18   Link #323
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

That better be a some kind of hair decoration or something.
Old 2007-08-31, 20:21   Link #324
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

Well Im sorry for asking it but I know Ill be downloading all of them when it comes out just like the first season
Raykun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 22:06   Link #325
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devard View Post

Ah, yes. Mare. Gothloli from the PS2/DS game. Now in the anime. Name comes from Mara.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 23:25   Link #326
kauldron26
Med Student

hopefully we can get an older shana and not the gross loli/pedophilic otaku kind.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-31, 23:52   Link #327
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kauldron26 View Post
hopefully we can get an older shana and not the gross loli/pedophilic otaku kind.
Unless I'm mistaken, it seems to me that they explained in the first season that flamehazes don't age. In "Earth Years", Shana's already older than she appears. If she could change her appearance, she probably would have already done so (to address a certain imbalance when comparing her to her romantic competition...) Unfortunately I guess that story explanation won't address to your aversion to her "gross loli/pedophilic otaku" look, though...
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 00:08   Link #328
Phoenix14
Clannad

Quote:
No way. Shana is awesome the way she is.

Apparently, neither she nor Yuuji can age.
Phoenix14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 02:35   Link #329
kauldron26
Med Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Unless I'm mistaken, it seems to me that they explained in the first season that flamehazes don't age. In "Earth Years", Shana's already older than she appears. If she could change her appearance, she probably would have already done so (to address a certain imbalance when comparing her to her romantic competition...) Unfortunately I guess that story explanation won't address to your aversion to her "gross loli/pedophilic otaku" look, though...
lol... your right i should pay more attention to the story. but then the story from the first season was kinda weak. and i dont mean that in a bad way. i just mean that it had moments of greatness, then suddenly it just didnt live up to what it could have been. in regards to my loli comment, i meant that i hope that the whole moe/loli otaku thing that certain people love wont be the focus.
kauldron26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 02:47   Link #330
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix14 View Post
No way. Shana is awesome the way she is.

Apparently, neither she nor Yuuji can age.
Im glad they can't age well if they do it will start to get wrong must be destiny for them as hopefully they will be together 4 ever!
Old 2007-09-01, 02:57   Link #331
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Shana is relatively young by Flame Haze standards. While Wilhelmina and Margery have been around since the Thirty years war, Shana only became a Flame Haze a few years before the current story. And Khamshin is known as the "oldest surviving Flame Haze".

She stopped aging at about 11-12 when she made the contract with Alastor, and I'd say she's now around 16-20.

As the Reiji Maigo would fill itself up perpetually if it is not destroyed, theoretically, Yuji can be considered immortal as well.
Kinny Riddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 09:01   Link #332
S_K
Let's begin!

Send a message via MSN to S_K
Quote:
Shana as a loli is perfectly fine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
Shana is relatively young by Flame Haze standards. While Wilhelmina and Margery have been around since the Thirty years war, Shana only became a Flame Haze a few years before the current story. And Khamshin is known as the "oldest surviving Flame Haze".

She stopped aging at about 11-12 when she made the contract with Alastor, and I'd say she's now around 16-20.

As the Reiji Maigo would fill itself up perpetually if it is not destroyed, theoretically, Yuji can be considered immortal as well.
How old do you think Khamshin is, if Margery and Wilhelmina have been around since the thirty's?
S_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 09:26   Link #333
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:

Wouldn't dying and not existing be different?. I think Yuji could age and dies while his existence still exist.
Old 2007-09-01, 11:11   Link #334
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyperlion View Post
Wouldn't dying and not existing be different?. I think Yuji could age and dies while his existence still exist.
I don't think so, because his appearance is only a shell. He doesn't have a body that would age, since he's only a torch. The only thing that sets him apart from other torches is that his power of existance keeps re-generating itself.

In otherwords, as it stands, I think both he and Shana could literally be "together forever"... unless I'm forgetting something, which is quite possible.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 12:04   Link #335
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by S_K View Post
Shana as a loli is perfectly fine

How old do you think Khamshin is, if Margery and Wilhelmina have been around since the thirty's?
They're not around since the 1930s, they've been around since the 1630s.

In the novels, Khamshin mentions once being a prince of a "long forgotten desert empire". Probably around the same time as Gilgamesh?

Quote:
Not quite. Think of the present Yuji as a replacement clone for the original Yuji who died. This clone talks like the original Yuji, behaves like Yuji, thinks like Yuji, and even possesses his memories. In the end, he is just a clone. (Though interestingly this may mean Pheles may have unwittingly killed the original Johann when she wanted Johann to live forever. But guess she didn't mind as long as this clone could make her happy. )

Normally, these clones, known as "Torches" would simply just burn out and no one would realize these clones aren't capable of "aging", they're not meant to be perpetual. But Yuji is unique in that he won't "die", so technically, Yuji can stay "immortal".

Quote:
In otherwords, as it stands, I think both he and Shana could literally be "together forever"... unless I'm forgetting something, which is quite possible.
This was one of the themes mentioned in the novel, in which Shana secretly wishes she could travel around with Yuji for eternity, though Yuji would have to forsake his "normal life" and depart from Misaki city and everyone he loves.
Old 2007-09-01, 15:18   Link #336
alvinkhorfire

Quote:

This was one of the themes mentioned in the novel, in which Shana secretly wishes she could travel around with Yuji for eternity, though Yuji would have to forsake his "normal life" and depart from Misaki city and everyone he loves.
Even though it is painful to leaves behind Misaki city and everyone he loves, he realizes that he has to move away from the city with Shana. The longer he stays in the city, the more danger the tomogara will bring to the city. The proof is that he once said that: " I can't let the city to be dragged into our mess anymore."
Plus, he realizes his role as a Mystes and he has to help Shana to fight the tomogara.

Anyhow, he is destined to be with Shana from the first day they met each other. They literally complete each other. Let's hope they will keep it that way and be together forever.
alvinkhorfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-01, 17:57   Link #337
Raykun
Protect my imouto ~

Is that how yuji got the big sword the blond dood used from shana?

Spoiler:
Old 2007-09-02, 00:17   Link #338
Mai Kawasumi
Party! Drink! Sex!

Quote:
She stopped aging at about 11-12 when she made the contract with Alastor, and I'd say she's now around 16-20
Shana is thirteen years old, actually, she stoped aging when she became Flame Haze (11 years old)

HERE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raykun View Post
Is that how yuji got the big sword the blond dood used from shana?

Spoiler:
Spoiler for About your spoiler...:

Mai Kawasumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-09-02, 04:04   Link #339
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mai Kawasumi View Post
Shana is thirteen years old, actually, she stoped aging when she became Flame Haze (11 years old)
It doesn't say anything about Shana's current age. It only mentioned her appearance is about 11-12. So I don't know how you came to the conclusion that she is 13. The events in volume 5 could take place from 1-10 years ago. (Likes idea of Shana being older than Yuji in her 20s. )
Old 2007-09-02, 04:30   Link #340
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Isn't she a bit immature for a woman in her twenties? Though I suppose her peculiar upbringing would account for some of it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, drama, fantasy, j.c. staff, romance, sequel, shounen, supernatural