AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-01-20, 13:56   Link #23101
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Did you expect one of Kakine's drones to develop a mind of its own through a simple misunderstanding of its orders? Or rather, would you have expected it without the spoilers? And would you have expected it to have so much time on the spotlight after that?
So if I understand what you meant, you don't like that beetle having an important role because it didn't have whatsoever explicit hype at all? And you explicitly disregarded the fact its existence is explained afterwards just to maintain that point ... excuse me, but it's like you're saying Agatha Christie should have explained the murder before it happened in the story, from my personal POV, I would have hated if kamachi did that because it would have ruined the small bit of mystery behind it (and my identity crisis scene wouldn't have felt this delicious).

But because I'm polite I'll answer those questions honestly, because coincidentally, I can :
1- Your question doesn't make sense because that's exactly what someone who didn't read the spoilers should believe (take it as a big yes) ... in fact, anyone who read the spoilers would take Takitsubou as the main cause of the disorder and not Kakine's ambiguous orders (at least I did).

2- You mean after parting with Hamazura and the others (a) or after saving taking Fremea and LO (b)?
a- Yes, that scene was so cliché if you ask me, it's impossible not to think about it and I would have been surprised if it died there ... and even if it did get destroyed I'd have bet my *n*l chastity another beetle would betray the others for the same reason if that one couldn't regenerate from what happened to him.
b- Yet. At that point, that's not a question anymore, it's a fact that beetle would play an important rôle later on (he got his own identity crisis scene). But from my train of thoughts, I'd have bet it followed the same path as Kagun and died while doing something heroic (because that development is so cliché it's impossible not to think about it ... etc ...)
Old 2013-01-20, 17:21   Link #23102
moridin84
Custom User Title

I think people get the whole "Saint not using magic" thing wrong.

The main difference between saints and normal magicians is that they have superhuman strength/speed and have stronger magic. Basically, in addition to having a number of [Magic] cards to play, they have a number of [Attack] cards. The assumption people seem to be making is that somehow [Magic] cards are stronger than [Attack] cards and that by not using any [Magic] cards the saint is actually holding back.

I don't think that is correct, from what I've noticed the [Attack] cards of a saint tend to be outrageously overpowered whereas their [Magic] cards are just "strong".

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
its been hinted that from my opinion that Levinia's cabal doesn't follow osiris format but horus.
Which means?

Also, Birdway is 12 and Touma is 16 right?

Just asking.
Old 2013-01-20, 17:30   Link #23103
Sumeragi
Banned

Leivinia is 12, and Touma is 16~17.
Old 2013-01-20, 17:46   Link #23104
OverNOut
The Obsever

Will Leivinia be the youngest in Touma's harem?
Old 2013-01-20, 17:46   Link #23105
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
I don't think that is correct, from what I've noticed the [Attack] cards of a saint tend to be outrageously overpowered whereas their [Magic] cards are just "strong".

Personally, I've always thought that magic slows them down.

It's like trying to do a math problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Leivinia is 12, and Touma is 16~17.
I forgot... Somehow I tricked myself into believing she was 13-14.
Old 2013-01-20, 17:54   Link #23106
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Personally, I've always thought that magic slows them down.

It's like trying to do a math problem
When punching someone in the face is so much easier.

Quote:
I forgot... Somehow I tricked myself into believing she was 13-14.
13-14 is still too young so I don't see how that helps...
Old 2013-01-20, 17:55   Link #23107
OverNOut
The Obsever

Chapter 7 Part 4 & 5 are out.
Old 2013-01-20, 18:02   Link #23108
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
When punching someone in the face is so much easier.
That's where the misconception comes in. For a Saint, that punch usually IS the spell if they are using magic

IE pure Saint attributes vs Saint attributes + spell enhancement

Like in Kanzaki's case, her physical attacks and movements also weave her magic by the wires
Old 2013-01-20, 18:22   Link #23109
Acer
Death to the infidels!

Quote:
"I’m much more frightened by people who have a brain that can understand others properly but still enjoy deceiving and hurting others.”
best part of the speech.
Old 2013-01-20, 18:39   Link #23110
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
13-14 is still too young so I don't see how that helps...
It's funny you should say that because Mikoto is also 14.
Old 2013-01-20, 18:40   Link #23111
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
So if I understand what you meant, you don't like that beetle having an important role because it didn't have whatsoever explicit hype at all? And you explicitly disregarded the fact its existence is explained afterwards just to maintain that point ... excuse me, but it's like you're saying Agatha Christie should have explained the murder before it happened in the story, from my personal POV, I would have hated if kamachi did that because it would have ruined the small bit of mystery behind it (and my identity crisis scene wouldn't have felt this delicious).

But because I'm polite I'll answer those questions honestly, because coincidentally, I can :
1- Your question doesn't make sense because that's exactly what someone who didn't read the spoilers should believe (take it as a big yes) ... in fact, anyone who read the spoilers would take Takitsubou as the main cause of the disorder and not Kakine's ambiguous orders (at least I did).

2- You mean after parting with Hamazura and the others (a) or after saving taking Fremea and LO (b)?
a- Yes, that scene was so cliché if you ask me, it's impossible not to think about it and I would have been surprised if it died there ... and even if it did get destroyed I'd have bet my *n*l chastity another beetle would betray the others for the same reason if that one couldn't regenerate from what happened to him.
b- Yet. At that point, that's not a question anymore, it's a fact that beetle would play an important rôle later on (he got his own identity crisis scene). But from my train of thoughts, I'd have bet it followed the same path as Kagun and died while doing something heroic (because that development is so cliché it's impossible not to think about it ... etc ...)
Ok, I apologize. I had forgotten how better than me the regulars at this thread were at discussion, not just of this show, but in general. Consider my statement retracted. Oh well, as I said, I'm still having plenty of fun with this volume, and at this point no amount of details will change that.

So, to summarize, I admit I got told. Back to the regular schedule

Quote:
“Are you saying you could even grow emotionally attached to a doll made of metal and plastic that’s expressions are controlled by a program!? Are you saying you are going to protect something that only has the appearance of a human even after you have been shot in the side!?”

“Yes. If something that smiles like a human, cries like a human, is considerate of others like a human, and tries to protect others like a human is about to be scrapped, then I will clench my fist. It doesn’t matter what she’s made of or what the inner workings of her head are. She isn’t a monster or something strange and different. I’m much more frightened by people who have a brain that can understand others properly but still enjoy deceiving and hurting others.

“…”
At least I didn't get told as badly as Birdy (I enjoy making these comments so much more anyway).

Touma knows how to keep the newcomers in check

Quote:
“Let’s end this. I will stop you here so your determination does not lead to such a horrible conclusion and so that the role of the ultimate villain is not forced onto you!!”
But it's always for their own good. You may not mind that end, Birdy, but Kamijou-san sure does.
Old 2013-01-20, 18:50   Link #23112
leukrota

LOL, after that speech, it doesn't matter how much stronger than Touma Birdway is, she is bound to lose, overwhelmed by coolness.

Meanwhile, does Kakine want to beat Accelerator, or does he want to piss him off? I'm starting to think he cares more about the latter than the former.
Old 2013-01-20, 18:52   Link #23113
Sumeragi
Banned

The worst part is that Touma needs to wait at least until he's in university for things to be legal. Otherwise..... he might get in trouble with other things.
Old 2013-01-20, 18:54   Link #23114
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
The worst part is that Touma needs to wait at least until he's in university for things to be legal. Otherwise..... he might get in trouble with other things.
Like underage drinking ?
Old 2013-01-20, 18:56   Link #23115
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Like underage drinking ?
Come to think of it..... what is the age of drinking and consent in Academy City?
Old 2013-01-20, 19:00   Link #23116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Come to think of it..... what is the age of drinking and consent in Academy City?
Definitely not in highschool, otherwise Tsuchimikado wouldn't be in trouble for drinking beer
Old 2013-01-20, 19:13   Link #23117
Acer
Death to the infidels!

The perfect ending to this volume would be if everyone celebrated the victory drinking and the next day woke up naked and volume 7 would be focused them trying to remember on knowing who ate who.
Old 2013-01-20, 19:22   Link #23118
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

Quote:
“And it was because you feel the same that you did not attack Fraulein Kreutune right away, wasn’t it?” said Kamijou as a challenge. His voice held conviction. “You stood before her and spoke to her despite knowing the base of her thoughts was fundamentally different from your own. Why did you treat her like an equal? Wasn’t that because you were taking Fraulein Kreutune’s heart into consideration!?”
Wow I didnt even notice that, Touma needs to make this his job
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2013-01-20, 19:29   Link #23119
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Kakine going straight for Accelerator's weak spot, seriously though Accelerator calls him pathetic but yet he himself fall victim to this method again?

The theme of this volume have a very strong and natural focus... More so then say the previous NT volumes imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
LOL, after that speech, it doesn't matter how much stronger than Touma Birdway is, she is bound to lose, overwhelmed by coolness. .
Between this speech and the upcoming Index Movie and Railgun S, Kamijou might actually get back his number one position

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenju of the Right View Post
Wow I didnt even notice that, Touma needs to make this his job
Yeah he seems to have an eye for these things
Old 2013-01-20, 19:39   Link #23120
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Kakine going straight for Accelerator's weak spot, seriously though Accelerator calls him pathetic but yet he himself fall victim to this method again?

The theme of this volume have a very strong and natural focus... More so then say the previous NT volumes imo.

Between this speech and the upcoming Index Movie and Railgun S, Kamijou might actually get back his number one position

Yeah he seems to have an eye for these things
Wait. Then who's number one and what rank is Kamijou?
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen