Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-09-15, 09:40   Link #121
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
I would want to say wetwood would have done it better, but sadly from what I can tell they ditched everything I liked about the series too, and just made "Twilight, the MMO".
Not sure how EoN is in anyway similar to C&C4 other than there being no base-building.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 13:15   Link #122
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Not sure how EoN is in anyway similar to C&C4 other than there being no base-building.
The question should be how is it different; other then "it's a different story, and art".

And I like my goddamn base building. =P
Old 2012-09-15, 15:49   Link #123
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
The question should be how is it different; other then "it's a different story, and art".

And I like my goddamn base building. =P
EoN is closer to DoW2 mixed with some DotA elements than C&C4. Especially in some Base VS Base maps where there are actual AI "creeps" that come out of your base and attack your enemy.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-27, 13:15   Link #124
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Okey so about this whole free to play model. I'm afraid it sounds a lot like the AoE Online model. And having played (or tried to) AoEO recently, I can safely say it's garbage (and I am one of those people that actually likes free to play in general). Some of the problems I encountered in AoEO: screwed up skirmish mode (by "buy power" boosters you can't even opt out of if you pay), screwed up shoddy multiplayer because (a) goddamn leveling systems are not good in RTSes! and (b) you can't practice shit. Why you can't practice? because the only sensible mode is the so called "champions" mode where "booster" nonsense is off, but they want to nickle and dime you so everywhere else in the game is on and you have no means of turning it off. Literally your only way to improve is to get beat on. To give you an idea of how terrible this is, after losing my first match and winning my second match I was 1000 on the ladder which doesn't seem to reset... what? how is it even possible to turn of so many people to have stats that bad.

The whole booster and "leveling goodies" are also horrible and ruin the game. "Hey come by buy factions." ....... "Congratulations on buying the Norse, enjoy! ps. we've automatically leveled you to 20, so you can enjoy the leveling experience" ..... "Oh yeah forgot to tell you, all you can do with the awesome norse is grind these 5 boring repeatable quests." No I'm not jocking these are 5 quests that COMBINED are less sophisticated then 1 tutorial mission of AoE2! Greatest service ever...

I really hope C&C:G isn't going to be that, but who am I kidding,
  • it's f-ing EA
  • they pretty much described the inglorious AoEO system in the interview
  • they have poor to nonexistent single player
  • some of their wording would suggest there are p2w elements in the multiplayer (ie. boosters, XP gaps, etc). "Oh nono it's fair, see if you spend 1000h getting beat up by people who pay and buy boosters you'll end up on equal footing. Fair right? The future of 'competitive' play."
Old 2013-05-08, 12:10   Link #125
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
And IGN has the first dev diary available for viewing.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 13:42   Link #126
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Don't really care for most of it... but this part: "Wash the stain of C&C4 away" fuck yeah.
Old 2013-05-08, 15:17   Link #127
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Meh could be good or bad.

Can someone explain to me why EA is so dead hard on these Free to play and microtransactions?

I mean you'd think with their track record and such that someone in the company would go, "Uh boss, we've been doing nothing but taking hits and being in the red on all sides shouldn't we try something else?"

A business is suppose to create money and if a strategy isn't working out usually the directors will do something to change it yet they still keep on going down that path.

You'd also think that with all these microtransactions they'd get a decent enough experience to know how to make it better for consumers but noooo they still can't get it right.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 16:50   Link #128
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

In one of their "for business, we are stupid and forget this is going to get out to the general public" they're obsessed with android/iphone games and have this idea success on those platforms will reach to the PC/whatever market, as I recall they were all excited about nikle and diming us with microtransactions. Expect buying power...
Old 2013-05-08, 18:08   Link #129
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Then they have a really pathetic board of directors and investors or a really good liason that tells them to keep investing because so far they're not getting anywhere mind boggling with the microtransactions.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-08, 18:35   Link #130
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Don't really care for most of it... but this part: "Wash the stain of C&C4 away" fuck yeah.
Very rarely does a game from a big franchise get released with that kind of universal negative feedback.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-09, 11:21   Link #131
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Very rarely does a game from a big franchise get released with that kind of universal negative feedback.
The sad part is that Tiberium Wars / Kain's Wrath was a really really good game, and now all the good it did is pretty much eclipsed by how sucky C&C4 was.

Very rarely is there a case where a game in a series just needs to be erased from existance, but damn don't think anyone would actually care if we just pretended like that one never existed.
Old 2013-05-14, 05:05   Link #132
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Will this game actually have offline skirmish? As in, I can play against AI's without connecting to the net? Cuz with my crappy connection, online games are just impossible for me, free to play or not.
Old 2013-05-14, 05:10   Link #133
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresias View Post
Will this game actually have offline skirmish? As in, I can play against AI's without connecting to the net? Cuz with my crappy connection, online games are just impossible for me, free to play or not.
F2P probably can't play offline. Why? Because if you can play offline, you can mod the game. And if you can mod the game, you don't NEED to pay for anything with real money.

Micro transaction and F2P = online only.
Old 2013-05-14, 05:14   Link #134
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

Excuse me while I cry in the corner.

Guess it's time to learn the advanced parts of Generals modding...
Old 2013-08-16, 20:34   Link #135
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
F2P probably can't play offline. Why? Because if you can play offline, you can mod the game. And if you can mod the game, you don't NEED to pay for anything with real money.

Micro transaction and F2P = online only.
Not for those who already got CnC Collection, will get it for free if someone got CnC Collection. (17 CnC games before CnC Generals 2 Released)
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-16, 20:56   Link #136
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
The sad part is that Tiberium Wars / Kain's Wrath was a really really good game, and now all the good it did is pretty much eclipsed by how sucky C&C4 was.

Very rarely is there a case where a game in a series just needs to be erased from existance, but damn don't think anyone would actually care if we just pretended like that one never existed.
Problem with TB3 is that it never reached the sales of say...Starcraft or even Warcraft III. It never had international tournies (other than a few fizzled ones). Most people just play it for the single player, and watch the movies. In term of $$$s, it was not a blockbuster than its blizzard counterpart.

TB4 was designed to be a game changer....but the studio probably ran out of monies and...well...sucks. (I suspect a major reason is because EA spent a whole ton of money hiring movie stars and swimsuit models when they should be busy designing an real game)
Old 2013-08-16, 21:00   Link #137
KBTKaiser

However, it just isn't a Tiberium Game without Kane.
KBTKaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-17, 13:58   Link #138
ArchmageXin
Master of Coin

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBTKaiser View Post
However, it just isn't a Tiberium Game without Kane.
I didn't mind Kane, but it was just weird how Red Alert II and C&C 3 had so many actors from Hollywood when some random actress could had served. The old school C&C had only 2-3 actors a side, but C&C3 had to get a whole bunch of sci-fi stars, some are redundant from each other.

And then C&C4 they hire some crap actress to be your wife. W-T-F was that?
Old 2013-10-29, 19:11   Link #139
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

And... its been canned, along with everyone in the studio getting fired.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/...studios-closed

After watching a few streams of it, sadly its for the most part just another "lets dumb down RTS" attempt. Yeah, wake up game industry, RTS are the LAST genre that would ever work on! The hell do you think RTS fans play it for.
Old 2013-10-31, 00:54   Link #140
sa547
*Author

With this, EA's gonna be the whipping boy again.