AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st - rating
Perfect 10 61 43.88%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 42 30.22%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 12 8.63%
7 out of 10 : Good 17 12.23%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.44%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.72%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.72%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 3 2.16%
Voters: 139. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-01-30, 12:15   Link #281
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Rich otaku...It must be the inheritance.

I can say some of these guys have got millions or something. One of them even bought like $100,000 worth of filmstrips.
Old 2010-01-30, 12:17   Link #282
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Why buy the filmstrips when you can just wait for the movie on DVD? I know they're probably a collector's item, but come on, now...
Old 2010-01-30, 13:36   Link #283
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
And the confounding variable of them being too fragile thus making them break easily. I don't know, it's best to ask one on why they do it. [...lol]

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Old 2010-01-30, 14:07   Link #284
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

it just means that you have to be extra careful when holding them like use tweezers

Last edited by mokoufanatic; 2010-01-30 at 14:21.
Old 2010-01-30, 15:26   Link #285
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
but not too sharp of tweezers or you could poke a hole in them
Old 2010-01-30, 16:06   Link #286
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ah, how much do bragging rights cost? It only takes one fish to bite.

But otaku overspending is funding series we like, so I won't be too hard on them. *Shudders at Japanese anime DVD prices. *

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-01-30, 16:17   Link #287
hinakatbklyn

They're actually trying their hands at importing DVD's over here, and I already seen what the US equivalent of a 2 episode anime DVD costs at a city store.
Old 2010-01-30, 18:13   Link #288
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

importing that sounds nice now if they could put subs in for those of us that are incapable of speaking Japanese then all will be well
Old 2010-02-01, 07:31   Link #289
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

So much cute And part of Fate's henshin. <3 ...And Bardiche looks different than it should, I think...

I wish I knew what that Japanese text mentions.
Old 2010-02-01, 11:38   Link #290
mokoufanatic
the immortal fire

baradiche does look different it never had that spike on top before the text probably mentions highlights or partial character bios
Old 2010-02-01, 11:42   Link #291
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Yeah, and originally it was a half-circle shape, this one is rounded in two different sections...I wonder why they did that, considering this is official art for the movie.

I rather like the change, though.
Old 2010-02-01, 12:48   Link #292
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Considering that Raising Heart is shown in Shooting Mode here, we can assume that Bardiche's changed appearance is also an alternate secondary form, perhaps Sealing or Scythe Form.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2010-02-01, 13:20   Link #293
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Considering that Raising Heart is shown in Shooting Mode here, we can assume that Bardiche's changed appearance is also an alternate secondary form, perhaps Sealing or Scythe Form.
Its the Sealing Form. In its Scythe Form, Bardiche's "blade" moves so its perpendicular to the haft, whereas it swings all the way back for Sealing Form in the original series.
Old 2010-02-01, 22:32   Link #294
isagrimorie
Zombie Slayer in Training

I'm glad to hear that part of Fate's backstory in the sound stages were animated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaijo View Post
- Precia's incident was also explained where Precia was too busy with her research work that she never got to really give time to her precious daughter Aricia. But however one day she recieved orders from her higher up that she has to show the result of her research test although Precia objects that it's far from being stable for execution but had no choice but to execute it. That day, as what Precia expected, her experiment gone horribly wrong that emitted a strong blasting light that involved the citizens around to death, including Aricia. Since then Precia has changed completely. Created Fate as her replacement but not satisfied because she can't be the replacement no matter how she is alike. Hence drown herself in research to find a way to resurrect her daughter, hence Al-Hazard plan. It was only mentioned in the TV series, but the movie made the whole thing in visual.
See… I've always suspected something like this happened. Precia became the fall guy for the accident, not only did she lose her daughter it also seems she lost all her friends and became a pariah from a society and job she loved.

Quote:
- Starlight Breaker's animation is different from the TV series counterpart. In the movie, a pink orb is first gathered, where the magic around the battlefield made the aura 3x (or more) larger than usual. Next the magic circle will form around the large circle and another small orb will be formed in front of the large, and finally a one straight laser (assuming aiming at the target). Nanoha then grabs the trigger and when she fires, the small orb will shoot a straight line first, then followed by a very huge blast from the large orb. This attack decimated almost the WHOLE battlefield where she and Fate fought in.
AWE. SOME.

Quote:
- Nanoha actually suffers major damage and actually bleeds during her first encounter with Fate. This shows how Fate was much crueler than her TV version counterpart before Nanoha BEFRIENDED her.
I wouldn't say crueler, that would imply she enjoyed hurting Nanoha but I'd say a lot more serious and also, a lot more deadly and badass. Which I think is fantastic since I've always felt Fate should have been a lot more badass and deadly.
Old 2010-02-01, 22:48   Link #295
Tempy
Σ(。д°(o--(ಠ益ಠ )
*Author

Crueler may not be the right word to use here.

Perhaps "ruthless" would be more appropriate, as it describes how far Fate is willing to go to complete her mission.

Wait why am I in this thread it is spoiling everything for me oh god asdhfaldkdsfjasdfhaw.

Nah, I kid. I'm over it.
Old 2010-02-02, 02:35   Link #296
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

A ruthless Fate, she wouldn't have said sorry to Nanoha after their first battle, and Nanoha probably wouldn't have been still living after the battle to begin with...She was willing to go just about all the way for Precia, but I don't think "ruthless" would define some one who intentionally doesn't kill a person that could potentially jeopardize her missions.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-02-02 at 02:52.
Old 2010-02-02, 06:53   Link #297
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Stop seeing Fate as some kind of pure yet misguided angel because she is not, that whole white knighting have reached ridiculous heights. Your Fate pictures are not going to come to life to kiss for your (fruitless) efforts.
Old 2010-02-02, 07:00   Link #298
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Don't mislabel her and I wouldn't have to defend her. ^^
People here have a problem with twisting words and using them out of context.

Ruthless - Pitiless: without mercy or pity; "an act of ruthless ferocity"; "a monster of remorseless cruelty"; "Mercilessness characterized by a lack of pity,"; "Feelings of extreme heartlessness"

Sureee, that's Fate alright.
Old 2010-02-02, 07:04   Link #299
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
She did not have a problem with the kitty. Suuuuuuuuuuure.
Old 2010-02-02, 07:07   Link #300
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Last I checked, the kitty was fine. Ruthless = dead kitty.

I'm not saying what Fate did was a kind gesture, because it wasn't...But it wasn't ruthless. Her reasons behind her actions had plenty of heart backing them up.

Last edited by Demi.; 2010-02-02 at 07:20.
Closed Thread