AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-09-24, 18:48   Link #13821
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

It wouldn't make sense in light of how Suzaku thinks of Japan all this time. He doesn't even seem to care about Japan so much as its people. He'd never say anything remotely near that, and Kallen would almost certainly never suggest it given what she thinks of him.
Old 2008-09-24, 18:49   Link #13822
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by kir44n View Post
I do believe I would facepalm. They build up all the angst, all the tension between her & Lelouch and her gumline being used to talk about Suzaku & Japan?

Actually, I'm not sure I would buy that. Sure, the word Aishiteru would fit. But why the hell would a line central to Kallens character be focused on Suzaku's view on japan O_o

Maybe I'm not understanding the implication here correctly
Simply this: After Lelouch "lost" his human side, all that matters to Kallen now is Japan.
Kang Seung Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 18:50   Link #13823
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Location: Glorious Fire Wall-Hmm, I hate my government more than you do.
Send a message via MSN to dec4rhapsody
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Simply this: After Lelouch "lost" his human side, all that matters to Kallen now is Japan.
I'm bumping my head into the wall right now...
Yes, it does make sense...
dec4rhapsody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 18:51   Link #13824
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

I can understand Japan mattering. but why Suzaku's view on japan? Why would whether or not Suzaku loved Japan matter to her?
kir44n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 18:52   Link #13825
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
I can understand Japan mattering. but why Suzaku's view on japan? Why would whether or not Suzaku loved Japan matter to her?
Because Suzaku was built up as her final enemy throughout the series?
Old 2008-09-24, 18:53   Link #13826
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

After thinking about it for a bit. Why would Kallen ask that to Suzaku since he has always been on the Britannia side? Never forgive him for what, staying with Britannia?
Old 2008-09-24, 18:53   Link #13827
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
NoNo emperor, you are nomore fatalist there you are depressive !
On a more serious note, I think in the sameway that Kir44N; and I add to this the "I don't forgive you".

If it's about Japan,it doesn't really make sense, at all, she has no reason to not forgive him because he loves Japan it would be...lol. Yeah, big facepalm. Facepalm of the year.

And the second speculation is as much crazy as the first one...the gumline and the chara song afraid them this much ?

Kallen's final enemy isn't Suzaku. It's Lelouch, there is the total irony of the moment.
So, no, imo it doesn't make any sense, especially over Suzaku and japan...erf -_-

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 18:54   Link #13828
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
After thinking about it for a bit. Why would Kallen ask that to Suzaku since he has always been on the Britannia side?
The main line of defense we have. However the counter to that is the same: Now, only Japan matters to Kallen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post
NoNo emperor, you are nomore fatalist there you are depressive !
On a more serious note, I think in the sameway that Kir44N; and I add to this the "I don't forgive you".

If it's about Japan,it doesn't really make sense, at all, she has no reason to not forgive him because he loves Japan it would be...lol. Yeah, big facepalm. Facepalm of the year.

And the second speculation is as much crazy as the first one...the gumline and the chara song afraid them this much ?
Do not worry, I have not abandoned the Temple. I am simply stating what the enemies are thinking.
Old 2008-09-24, 18:57   Link #13829
linkinstreet
[Your] clan on Steam

Send a message via MSN to linkinstreet Send a message via Yahoo to linkinstreet
Quote:
The main line of defense we have. However the counter to that is the same: Now, only Japan matters to Kallen.

Do not worry, I have not abandoned the Temple. I am simply stating what the enemies are thinking.
REally? from what I see she don't really care now that it was liberated, and all in her mind is to reach Lelouch, by hook or by crook. I can't really see that she would think of Japan at the time, considering anything else, her personality which is straight and don't really do multitasking.
linkinstreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 18:58   Link #13830
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

While I can concede that Japan is important to Kallen, trying to stretch that importance to include how Suzaku feels about Japan? I'm not sure if that would be matter to her in the least. She might want to pound his face in more depending on his answer, but I don't think it would be that critical for her to know the answer O_o.
Old 2008-09-24, 18:59   Link #13831
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Considering that Kallen doesn't care about winning or losing, only reaching Lelouch, AND has had an obsession since episode 19 about wanting to know what Lelouch really thinks of her, I don't think that particular interpretation is terribly likely (possible, but not likely).
Old 2008-09-24, 19:02   Link #13832
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopo View Post

If you take into account that even Kalulu shippers (yeah, I'm not the only one) are scared by both gumline and character song....
Old 2008-09-24, 19:09   Link #13833
Baixinho

Ok, I will try another interpretation then :

What if the gumline means actually "If you say something like I love you, I will not forgive myself" ? Could this be a possible interpretation of yurusenai? If so I guess it could be very fitting if Kallen actually "kills" Lelouch.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:10   Link #13834
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baixinho View Post

What if the gumline means actually "If you say something like I love you, I will not forgive myself" ? Could this be a possible interpretation of yurusenai? If so I guess it could be very fitting if Kallen actually "kills" Lelouch.
Why do I keep seeing speculations that are in line with my line of thoughts?
Old 2008-09-24, 19:13   Link #13835
kir44n
#1 Delinquent

Quote:

If I'm reading this suggestion correctly, than the implication would be that if Lelouch were to reveal (about to reveal, Kallen thinks he'll reveal) that he loves her, and she wouldn't be able to forgive herself for opposing him?
Old 2008-09-24, 19:13   Link #13836
Baixinho

Quote:
Why do I keep seeing speculations that are in line with my line of thoughts?
Maybe because your thoughts make quite some sense

Quote:
If I'm reading this suggestion correctly, than the implication would be that if Lelouch were to reveal (about to reveal, Kallen thinks he'll reveal) that he loves her, and she wouldn't be able to forgive herself for opposing him?
Yes. Opposing, or even killing if she is to kill him at some point.
Baixinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:15   Link #13837
yvj
U Mad?

The Japan thing unfortunately makes some sense.

But here's the thing, when was the last time Kallen even mentioned Japan? In addition a chat between Suzaku and Kallen about Japan should have happened while she was captured or before she tore him up during episode 18? It makes more sense then not now.

It wouldn't make much sense for them to bring Japan up now when Kallen and Suzaku's fight should be based on two things.

1) Getting to/protecting Lelouch

2) Settling and old score/warrior's ego.

Japan doesn't really fit in IMO
Old 2008-09-24, 19:16   Link #13838
Tael
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dec4rhapsody View Post
If you take into account that even Kalulu shippers (yeah, I'm not the only one) are scared by both gumline and character song....
I still don't understand this, from my perspective the song, at the very least, is a pretty good positive since it's almost certainly about Lelouch and its not about eternal separation. But perhaps that's because I'm not much of a shipper...

All that aside, for the supposed speculation, (assuming I'm not mistaken in my knowledge of Japanese) while 愛 can be used for love towards anything when it is turned into 愛してる it usually is between people, and by usually I mean almost always. To use it for the love of a country, when adoration/attachment or 愛慕 is more appropriate, is just weird. It may use the same base but the connotation is certainly different. So while it is possible, it would be illogical to use 愛してる for something like this.

And as has been stated, why would Kallen's line be about Japan? How many times has she even thought about Japan this season?
Tael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-09-24, 19:16   Link #13839
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:

I don't know. I guess it's plausible, but Kallen's character song, while being somewhat depressing because it implies that her love is no longer there, also has a certain amount of hope to it since she mentions "catching up to him." At any rate, I think she'll meet him before the final part of the Requiem starts, and since Lelouch is obviously needed for the Requiem, I can't see her shooting him then.

That's just my crazy theory. I've been wrong before, so if you don't buy, that's your choice.

youngde, signing off.
Old 2008-09-24, 19:21   Link #13840
dec4rhapsody
*frustrated*

*Seuphz* I appreciate the optimism here...But let me just explain the universal depression/despair a little bit.

Facts that are pointing at a rather...disappointing end.

- Did lelouch "suki" Kallen? Perhaps. "Aisuru"? WHAT?
- Kallen's current semi-yandere mindset.
- Kallen's third "sayonara".
- Possible jealousy.
- Lelouch's "OMG what are you doin to my C.Chi? Are u alrite C.Chi?" when facing Kallen at rage.
- C.C. already in the ocean.
- Witch and Warlock's growing "aimai"...and unbeatable bond.

Things that do point at a wishful gumline.
- Lelouch's honshin=key to Kallen's character.
- One More Chance. "Anata no ai wo arigatou."