Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2003-12-07, 04:54   Link #1
juri_miki
Death Note Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to juri_miki Send a message via AIM to juri_miki
Exclamation Naruto's Ultimate Decision

Heyness out there. I know that this thread will be a pure speculation thread, but I was wondering something. Even though Naruto dreams of being great and becoming Hokage, I'm sure he'll realize that along the way that he'll eventually have to kill. Now I know that it's not supposed to be such a big deal in his world, but the question is, considering Naruto's generally loving, soft, and supportive personality will he be able to really do it. One could go "Well duh, just go check out the Haku and Zabuza storyline again!" Yes, I do realize that after much begging Naruto attempted to take Haku's life.

But since then Naruto has gone through a whole lot more and many of these situations where he hasn't killed have proved successful. Though, especially with what's going on with the manga now, this question will eventually have to become a reality to Naruto and it's something he will decide and he might not encounter a similar situation as he did with Haku. Also, if he does, what toll would it take on him? I don't see him becoming another Vash, as from Trigun and I don't see him handling it as Shinji from Evanegelion did. He won't give up his dream, but I think that the rose colored glass won't look as rosy as before.
juri_miki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 04:58   Link #2
aahhsin

he will kill the one that he wants to acknowledge him.

on a even greating decision that awaits Naruto....

Choose the one he loves?

OR

The one that loves him?

what will be the answer?

If you don't understand the 2 questions, re watch the anime.
aahhsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 05:01   Link #3
Dryad
Steam Counter-Spoon 1.6

I'd say the reason why he tried to kill Haku was because Haku begged and because he thought that Sasuke was dead so i don't think that Naruto will kill anyone before he sees one of his friend being killed right in front of him. Cause if he really wanted to kill someone i guess he would have killed those rain nins or mist nins. (well the ones that ambushed them with Kabuto in the second test ) It would make sense since they tried to kill them so Naruto could have done the same to these nins.
Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 05:17   Link #4
p3psi
Oscar winning black actor

naruto's definatly going to die in the end, i can just feel it.
either he's going to become hokage, and quickly sacrifice his life to save the village, or he will sacrifice his life to save the village and be named hokage posthumously.
p3psi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 05:35   Link #5
EliteJounin

Quote:
Originally Posted by p3psi
naruto's definatly going to die in the end, i can just feel it.
either he's going to become hokage, and quickly sacrifice his life to save the village, or he will sacrifice his life to save the village and be named hokage posthumously.
You're joking, right? After all, this anime is named 'Naruto' he is the star of the show. And even if he miraculously died.... do you know how hard it would be for the fans? Thousands of people would be screaming, "WHY, KISHIMOTO?!?!?!" They would go insane if that were to happen.
EliteJounin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 06:22   Link #6
JOJOS'STAR
*Artist

lol good one p3psi Like if Naruto would die It would be so great cose its so imposible.

Like in DBZ it would had to be so hudge and extremely solemn for the main character to kill somebody

The bad guys always dies from and unexpected event or after some unceasing effort from the good guy trying to kill for a wile. I think Naruto is still to young to murder someone and that if he does,
It will be done very ligthly like he had no intention to kill by doing an extremly powerful move. I'd be VERY supprised if he killed with all of his hatred
Old 2003-12-07, 06:25   Link #7
G^^ra

I think p3psi is right. Rewatch episode 5 ... There's a great posibility Naruto will die somewhere in the serie...
G^^ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 11:09   Link #8
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dryad
I'd say the reason why he tried to kill Haku was because Haku begged and because he thought that Sasuke was dead so i don't think that Naruto will kill anyone before he sees one of his friend being killed right in front of him. Cause if he really wanted to kill someone i guess he would have killed those rain nins or mist nins. (well the ones that ambushed them with Kabuto in the second test ) It would make sense since they tried to kill them so Naruto could have done the same to these nins.
Man, if it was me in Naruto's shoes with the Kyubi, I would have seriously dropped those mist nins without so much as batting an eye. Naruto is too soft on people. We're talking life and death. IF it's not life and death I would have just beat them up and left them to lie. If they would have come after me with intent to kill, I would have left a trail of bodies. Plain and simple. It's not cruel. IT's called survival. Kill or be killed. But I guess that's kind of what makes Naruto cool. He's more willing to be your friend if he can than try to kill you. Look what he did to Haku.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 11:54   Link #9
Nine Devil
Master(Vicious)'s Padawan

Naruto will eventually kill nad he tried actually almost succesfull spoiler is here

Spoiler:
Nine Devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 12:13   Link #10
Vicious
merely a ghost

Send a message via ICQ to Vicious Send a message via MSN to Vicious
Naruto will kill someday. All ninjas will.

BTW, I think it would suck if Naruto died in the end. It wouldn't be cool if they acknowledged him just after he died. He may not become Hokage, but he'll be acknowledged by everyone, and he (hopefully) won't die.
Vicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 12:36   Link #11
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Man, if it was me in Naruto's shoes with the Kyubi, I would have seriously dropped those mist nins without so much as batting an eye. Naruto is too soft on people. We're talking life and death. IF it's not life and death I would have just beat them up and left them to lie. If they would have come after me with intent to kill, I would have left a trail of bodies. Plain and simple. It's not cruel. IT's called survival. Kill or be killed. But I guess that's kind of what makes Naruto cool. He's more willing to be your friend if he can than try to kill you. Look what he did to Haku.
At that point Naruto still couldn't utilize Kyubi's Chakra. Later in the series when he used Kyubi's chakra, he had no control over it. Just recently Jiraiya showed how to tap into Kyubi's chakra by exausting his own. I had my laugh . I probably would do the same with a Kyubi in me. But those qualities are found in Oro and Itachi who kill without thinking twice and Naruto-fans dont like them much. Pity, our heroes always have to be kind and caring and eager to save life. Haku is an exception. That guy was hot (99% fans, one time or other thought he was a girl). Even Kyubi didnt want to be a part of killing Haku. Why otherwise Kyubi lost control over Naruto when the mask came off of Haku?
Quote:
Originally Posted by juri_miki
But since then Naruto has gone through a whole lot more and many of these situations where he hasn't killed have proved successful. Though, especially with what's going on with the manga now, this question will eventually have to become a reality to Naruto and it's something he will decide and he might not encounter a similar situation as he did with Haku. Also, if he does, what toll would it take on him? I don't see him becoming another Vash, as from Trigun and I don't see him handling it as Shinji from Evanegelion did. He won't give up his dream, but I think that the rose colored glass won't look as rosy as before.
I like speculation. To me, it lies entirely in the hands of the animators. Face it, there have been many inconsistancy (small one so far) in the stories so far which is confusing to many. Naruto is willing to kill and he has to know he can kill. He is a ninja in the Naruto Universe for triumph sake where "survival of the fittest" is DA RULE. I am still confused about why Naruto would kill Haku, just because he was "begging" Naruto? May be the animators tried to show our noble hero's giant heart who mercy-kills (Euthinasia?) if he sees you are suffering from the inside. Anyway, Naruto with a Kyubi inside is a freaking time bomb which will burst eventually and when that happen (my fingers are crossed behind my back) prepare for some major blood bath. Oro and Itachi will turn good guys seeing what evil truy is and dedicate their life picking flowers and baking cookies along with Sakura and Ino for Lee and Sasuke.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 12:52   Link #12
Fast as light24
Claw Master

Send a message via AIM to Fast as light24
If you wanted Naruto to kill people and not think twice, he would probably end up being the same as sasuke...all quiet and ready to do anything.....but I dont think it would be all that great if Naruto killed someone, all the main characters have some goody-goody qualities, and if he mindlessly killed people it would become dull...
Fast as light24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 23:53   Link #13
ACE2003

Yeah, I can't really picture Naruto actually killing somebody unless he was really pushed to edge for instance if Sasuke dies or Sakura. Something of that nature. Naruto is just a very good spirt. He doesn't possess the "killer mentality." He always tries to bring out the best in most people he has fought with. As for Naruto dying, I don't see that either. I think he will be the next Hokage. At least I hope.
ACE2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-07, 23:59   Link #14
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Next Hokage? Yeah, I can believe that, but he's gonna have to beat out old big boo...er, Tsunade for the title.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 00:05   Link #15
Dryad
Steam Counter-Spoon 1.6

It's obvious that one day or another Naruto will have to kill and i do believe that Kabuto will be the lucky winner. But as everbody said he's too soft to do it on purpose so either one of his friend die or kyubi take over. And by that i mean like in the forest of death when he stopped the snake. He did had the intent to kill at that moment.
Dryad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 01:32   Link #16
Lee-pimp
A.S.S. Vice President

about the mist nin's in the forest naruto probably would have attacked them if he wasnt comepletely exhausted from holding kage bunshin all night and he does try to kill kabuto it wasnt the kyubi it was him he fully understood what he was doing and tried to kill him lucky kabuto had a jutsu that saved him
Lee-pimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 11:47   Link #17
TheGreatYakoshi
The Baka Mangaka Returns!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine Devil
Naruto will eventually kill nad he tried actually almost succesfull spoiler is here

Spoiler:
Yeah, that's what I thought too. Naruto was seriously PISSED, and he let 'im have it.
Spoiler:
TheGreatYakoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-08, 21:23   Link #18
FuzzyAvenger
Shinobi

-=Possible Spoiler=-

Alrigh since the beginin of Naruto ive been tryin to figure out where the stroy will go, and since i saw this string on possible futures of Naruto i though i share my input to those willing to read them... mind you i could be horribly wrong ^^ ... The story of Naruto will continue for a while, He will become the youngest Hokage, to date however almost instantly after he reaches this position he will be faced with the horors no person will have to face... to understand this more you must hear my other perdictions, I believe Sasuke will grow stronger and stronger however in the process darker, until he becomes the true subordinate of Orichimaru. At some point deep within the story Sasuke will fight Kakashi, and in result kill him. After that he will then set his sights on the Konoharu Villiage, leading to naruto having to protect the villiage, from sasuke. At this point sasuke with the combined power of Orichimaru will exceed that of Naruto and the Fox. Inresult naruto will sacrifice his life to kill sasuke (and succeed).
FuzzyAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 00:59   Link #19
Yellat

Send a message via AIM to Yellat
maybe sasuke will kill Sakura when he is angry. i think that naruto would be willing to kill for less then that.
Yellat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2003-12-09, 01:03   Link #20
eLstar
(^_^)v

Well this is what I think we know will most likely happen of Naruto's first kill:

1. The person will not be a no-name character
2. The person will be either a big bad or a close friend, perhaps both...
3. There will be lots of moralizing, angst, and brooding, and reflection, and all that kind of stuff you get in Smallville and Dawson's Creek.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote