AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 40 34.78%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 28 24.35%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 29 25.22%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 11.30%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 3.48%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.87%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 115. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-24, 23:34   Link #81
kimchipride
Geass User

It was a decent episode but since Pheles is awesome, it's an 8.

I've got to say I was surprised that this episode was really good. I can't wait for the next one.
Old 2007-12-24, 23:35   Link #82
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by changeup View Post
Well, in the first season, we have seen Yoshida's heart PIERCED, and Ike in a bloody gore ...... but do not worry, Yuuji is an almost-inexhaustible supply of "sonzai no chikara" ......
True enough. Guess its been so long since a group of civilians got caught up in something I forgot . Long as Yuji can be used as a stop gap and the damage isn't impossible to repair shouldn't be too bad. Though I'm sure the emotional impact would still be pretty powerful.
Old 2007-12-25, 03:01   Link #83
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I am giving this episode a ten even though it doesn't deserve it is because it is clearly the best episode so far and I enjoyed most of it. It's not action-packed but I get a nice slice-of-life-ish feeling that makes me want more of it, so that's good enough for me I guess. The ending was a bit predictable, but I am looking forward to the next episode.

By the way what I said above does not sound like me at all.

10/10
Old 2007-12-25, 03:39   Link #84
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Good episode. 8/10. I'm saving my 9s for the awesomeness to come. There was a lot to appreciate in this episode... Everything has already been mentioned so I won't bother.
Old 2007-12-25, 08:06   Link #85
Kiyoru

Shana really did look adorable in her costume :3
Old 2007-12-25, 11:53   Link #86
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The Seishuu Festival arc turned even better than the Misago Festival arc from the previous Shana season.

Spoiler:

And it was smart decision to close the episode with Pheles's arrival as the cliffhanger. Her theme song has made me to look forward for the soundtrack for season two.

Spoiler:

I'm expecting that when the show returns to broadcast on January the 10th they'll have introduce a new opening and ending songs.
Old 2007-12-25, 14:39   Link #87
Xhokhusmak

I liked the jazz bgm when Shana was chosen in the Grand Prix

but anyways... why did Pheles decide to come the day after Wilhelmina tells the story? Where was she all of season 1 and the first half of season 2?
Old 2007-12-25, 16:54   Link #88
rimaa

looking forward to the next episode, it may be my first 10/10 this season judging by the preview, Margery Daw's flashback episodes were 9/10 for me...so i hope this next episode is at least as good as those two.

but yeah this was kinda mediocre until the end, the arrival of Pheles means next episode should start with a bang!
Old 2007-12-25, 17:48   Link #89
Kisuke06
I see...

Don't know if it was just me, but when Pheles arrived the BGM reminded me so much of One Windged Angel.

7/10

Last edited by Kisuke06; 2007-12-26 at 11:29.
Old 2007-12-25, 18:23   Link #90
X207
Gamyūsa

damn, the cat is out of the bag and margery goes psycho. i cant wait for ep 13. its gonna be a good ep. who thinks margery will bite the dust first?
Old 2007-12-25, 21:16   Link #91
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Shana is back . All i can i say i loved the ending of the episode . Cant wait till the next episode. When does it air? is it really jan 10th ?

Any ways i personally loved it. I had a feeling the Pheles was the green haired girl from the begining. But i was actually suprised when it happend to be her .

10/10.
Old 2007-12-25, 23:31   Link #92
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Great episode especially the ending. The build up was great as I expected something to go down at the end and man did it ever with the arrival of Pheles so it seems like Shana is back folks time to kick into high gear. Although this episode was good it was just a build up to 13 which should prove to be mind buster. Especially with Margery going berserk after seeing the silver flame.

Oh god please dont kill Oga-chan that would just be horrible. I can easily see Tanaka ending up like Margery if that happened. However the message said he sees Oga disappearing in a sea of a flames there are only so many ways you can interpret that. I think she will be the first causality even though i hope it does not happen.

Also, our favorite Hecate look alike reveled something in this episode. She was very in tune when the Pheles's wind arrived like she could sense who it was. A normal human would not have such power. After seeing that and putting together a couple of other pieces like how she clings to Yuji who she shared a link to in the first season im convinced she is Hecate.
Solid 8/10
Old 2007-12-26, 05:28   Link #93
Kyuusaisha

If anything I think Oga-chan will be killed by the berserking Margery and I can't see Tanaka going Ane-san much longer then. Good episode 7/10
Old 2007-12-26, 07:30   Link #94
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisuke06 View Post
Don't know if it was just me, but when Pheles the BGM reminded me so much of One Windged Angel.

7/10
Not surprising, dark music, chorus, and just like One Winged Angel's 'Sepiroth' this one has 'Pheles' in the song. Already love Pheles, lets hope she can keep it up in the next episodes and doesn't degenerate to an annoying character.

Ahh, I need to Shanna II OST, I've already heard quite a few songs that are heaps better then the first season.
Old 2007-12-26, 10:23   Link #95
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Also, our favorite Hecate look alike reveled something in this episode. She was very in tune when the Pheles's wind arrived like she could sense who it was. A normal human would not have such power. After seeing that and putting together a couple of other pieces like how she clings to Yuji who she shared a link to in the first season im convinced she is Hecate.
Solid 8/10

I wonder where her loyalties would be with if she is Hecate.
Old 2007-12-26, 12:45   Link #96
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
I wonder where her loyalties would be with if she is Hecate.
Thats a good point if she has purely selfish reasons then Pheles showing up would throw a very large cog in her plans.

Im still stuck on the whole killing off Oga-chan thing. That is going to have severe ramfications for everyone.
Old 2007-12-26, 14:04   Link #97
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Guys, Matake will not die. Eita just sees her about to disappear and saves her. Can't say much about the rest of the student body, though.
Old 2007-12-26, 14:21   Link #98
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
Guys, Matake will not die. Eita just sees her about to disappear and saves her. Can't say much about the rest of the student body, though.
Do you have something to support this theory or is it just specualtion?
Old 2007-12-26, 14:25   Link #99
cnnydz
Feed me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Do you have something to support this theory or is it just specualtion?
doesn't matter, they are in a fuzetsu so everyone will be revived after the fight. btw Fecor's Magnesia owns
Old 2007-12-26, 14:30   Link #100
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnnydz View Post
doesn't matter, they are in a fuzetsu so everyone will be revived after the fight. btw Fecor's Magnesia owns
If Ogata is just injured, yes she could be healed.
But if she gets her power of existence drained, then she dies "AKA becomes a torch".

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Closed Thread