AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-03-29, 16:17   Link #4061
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Hypothetically speaking, as long as it seriously bothered him that he couldn't speak to any of them, and he had a decent excuse for being alive, then I'd find it acceptable.
Yeah, I can see that. I wonder that type of accuse it would be though.
Old 2009-03-29, 16:20   Link #4062
Nobodyman9
Banned

Well, they'd have to have a pretty damn good explanation for Lelouch being alive, and if they did...well, heck, why not. I'm assuming this would occur if they made a sequel series involving Lelouch, but like I said they'd have to have a good explanation. I really don't see it happening though.

Nunnally and Kallen, I'm sure, would be thrilled about him being alive. Suzaku...hmm, maybe not so much, especially since Lelouch stiffed him with the role of Zero and had him "kill" him.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-29, 16:21   Link #4063
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfHeaven View Post
Yeah, I can see that. I wonder that type of accuse it would be though.
Well, the most generic excuse would be latent Code activation taken from his father during the choke. One could say it laid dormant, thus not hampering his Geass, until he died, then kicked in shortly after that stabbing. We aren't really given a timeline, after all, and a stab would would probably take a fair bit longer to heal.
Old 2009-03-29, 16:27   Link #4064
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Well, the most generic excuse would be latent Code activation taken from his father during the choke. One could say it laid dormant, thus not hampering his Geass, until he died, then kicked in shortly after that stabbing. We aren't really given a timeline, after all, and a stab would would probably take a fair bit longer to heal.
The thing is we don't know the specifics on how does one gives an code to another person or take it away once their geass evolves. Like how long does the transfer take for example. Charles was going fulfill C.C wish to die by doing an tango move . Looked like it was going to take some time. Whereas with Lelouch and Charles, it was only a brief moment.
Old 2009-03-29, 16:38   Link #4065
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
The thing is we don't know the specifics on how does one gives an code to another person or take it away once their geass evolves. Like how long does the transfer take for example. Charles was going fulfill C.C wish to die by doing an tango move . Looked like it was going to take some time. Whereas with Lelouch and Charles, it was only a brief moment.
This is all hypothetical, of course. I don't buy into him living any which way. I'm just proposing the most likely scenario. C.C. got the Code from that nun, who for some reason felt the need to rough C.C. up something fierce. Charles got the Code from V.V., then apparently felt the need to play along and shoot himself in the heart for the lulz (and who says he doesn't have a sense of humor). If there's one constant with the Code, it's that its bearers seem to have a habit of dying after first receiving it.
Old 2009-03-29, 19:07   Link #4066
azul120

I'm sure that if Lelouch were to not be dead, he could alternate as Zero. For all intents and purposes, he'd be just as dead to the world as Suzaku.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 12:17   Link #4067
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
I'm sure that if Lelouch were to not be dead, he could alternate as Zero. For all intents and purposes, he'd be just as dead to the world as Suzaku.
You mean he could switch places with Suzaku or just become Zero 2... I don't really understand what you mean.

Anyway, the whole thing with Lulu being alive seems far fetched to me. They way I see him is that he's a man of his words, so he'd most likely go through with whatever plan no matter the cost.
But let's say he did bamboozle the whole world into believing he died (even Suzaku, C.C etc.), what then? If that's the case, then i would have a hard time believing that he would ever try to make contact with any of those who knew him. It would just be too great of a risk.
James Lame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 12:28   Link #4068
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
kallen states that part of the reason ZERO-R worked so well is becouse it much easier to hate someone with a name and a face (pretty much) then it is to hate a concept
after all he did lelouch would be the "face of hate"
where the hell would he go where no one recognizes him ?
wasnt the whole point of it to make every man woman and child on earth know and hate him ?
Old 2009-03-30, 12:31   Link #4069
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
kallen states that part of the reason ZERO-R worked so well is becouse it much easier to hate someone with a name and a face (pretty much) then it is to hate a concept
after all he did lelouch would be the "face of hate"
where the hell would he go where no one recognizes him ?
wasnt the whole point of it to make every man woman and child on earth know and hate him ?
Hmmm... that is true. I guess he could live as a Hermit.
Old 2009-03-30, 12:37   Link #4070
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
for how long
can you imagine someone IRL who wouldnt recognize hitler if he saw him today (more then 60 years after)
and lelouch made himself up to be even worse
more then just a hermit, he would have to live in complete solitude from any other human being (with the possible exception of C.C) for who knows how long

not to mention that bamboozling (love that word ) his way out of it would have made him a total and complete ass-hole on EVERY LEVEL
Old 2009-03-30, 12:46   Link #4071
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
for how long
can you imagine someone IRL who wouldnt recognize hitler if he saw him today (more then 60 years after)
more then just a hermit, he would have to live in complete solitude from any other human being (with the possible exception of C.C) for who knows how long

not to mention that bamboozling (love that word ) his way out of it would have made him a total and complete ass-hole on EVERY LEVEL

Come on, if someone wants to hide, he can hide.

The point though, is, that Lelouch is dead. Pretty much period. Staff's words.
Now, if we want to speculate, how Lelouch could be alive something that would make the whole point of ZR {and not only}-OOC and stuff, feel free to go wild against staff's wills. 8D
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 13:10   Link #4072
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

*shrugs*
If Lelouch's death hadn't been confirmed, he could very well be alive through a code that got activated when he was stabbed.
It would only be OOC for him if he'd seen it coming, and it would only "ruin" Zero Requiem for the viewers if his survival had been confirmed instead.
They could just have left the ending open to interpretation. But they didn't, so either it's a conspiracy, or they simply never intend the ending to be anything but clear. The latter, of course, is far more likely - but in my opinion, it's also the only thing that was rather badly done in episode 25.
So... no point in arguing over this again and again and trying to prove the other side wrong. Not when the staff already took a stance on the matter, and when that's really the only thing that forces the "Lelouch is alive" theory into the world of fanfiction.
Old 2009-03-30, 13:47   Link #4073
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Quote:
for how long

Tbh i was joking with the whole hermit thing.
Besides, i totally agree with you.

Quote:
not to mention that bamboozling (love that word )
Yeah, it's great isn't it?

And just to clarify, I'm not really talking about if Lulu is dead or alive, It's already stated that he is not. I was just speculating on IF he was...
Here's the quote:

Quote:
I was wondering that if Lelouch was alive, how would the members here take it. Given the state Nunnally, Kallen and Suzaku are in right now?
Old 2009-03-30, 13:48   Link #4074
azul120

There's one important thing though... Lelouch still had his Geass, so AFAIK there's no way he could have had the Code.
Old 2009-03-30, 13:53   Link #4075
Nogitsune
Shameless Fangirl

Quote:
There's one important thing though... Lelouch still had his Geass, so AFAIK there's no way he could have had the Code.
Hm... theres the "he got the Geass from a different immortal than the one he killed, thus he kept it" and the "he had to die before it activated" theory going on, amongst other things.
Old 2009-03-30, 13:57   Link #4076
James Lame
ahaha.wav

Quote:
Maybe you still have it until you die? As morbosfist said, those who received the Code have a habit of dieing. So maybe it wont activate until your first death? That's my theory on it anyway.

Edit: Bah, Nogitsune beats me to it and with two theory's too boot.

Last edited by James Lame; 2009-03-30 at 14:02. Reason: Guess i wasn't so uniqe after all :)
Old 2009-03-30, 14:38   Link #4077
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
for how long

Actually, now that I think about it, him living a life of solitude would actually be a pretty fitting punishment. His dream was to be able to live with Nunnally and his loved ones in a peaceful world, but instead he would would have to live the rest of his days in solitude. Hmm...
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 15:20   Link #4078
azul120

But wouldn't he still have to relinquish his Geass in order to obtain the Code?

I agree with Nobodyman9 that him living alone in exile might be harsher than him dying, and quite possibly being reunited with his fellow deceased loved ones. Suzaku may be stuck with the role of Zero, but it's apparently one he can live with, since he's able to protect other people like he wanted to, plus he gets to be with Nunnally.
Old 2009-04-01, 03:48   Link #4079
Levy
differently sober

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Actually, now that I think about it, him living a life of solitude would actually be a pretty fitting punishment. His dream was to be able to live with Nunnally and his loved ones in a peaceful world, but instead he would would have to live the rest of his days in solitude. Hmm...
yeah, I do agree. hi guys I'm back D! <3 Living would have been quite painfull for him as well, since he'd have to stay in this world like a ghost and away from the people he loved the most..
Levy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 23:31   Link #4080
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I don't see the need for Lulu to live a life of solitude. First, he's got CC, so he is not alone. Second, Lelouch Britannia is dead. Everyone saw the stab on live TV.

So what if his face is recognized? There are plenty of people who look like Saddam Hussein, but how many people are going to think he is still alive after his botched decapitated-hanging was shown?

Lulu never wanted to be a king to begin with. And as long as he doesn't act like a king, no one will recognize him. This is because his public face is that of an Emperor.

Lulu Britannia is dead. And as a magician, Lulu can keep the illusion going for as long as he wants.