AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-12-07, 11:14   Link #221
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

This week's champion rotation is so not my type. Especially with Kennen since lots of people will insta-lock pick him and most of the time would end up badly played.
Also I kinda find it funny on how people react to how I build him (ap/tank) and calling it stupid. I bet they haven't seen a lot of Kennen users.

And who's Urgot?
This is quite the quote I'm seeing on the LoL forums.
Old 2010-12-07, 11:30   Link #222
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lucky me I've mained Urgot in the past, so I know exactly how to kill him Laning is still a bitch, of course, but people are soooo into Karthus and Ezreal that almost nobody plays Urgot. Kennen's pretty popular too, but personally I hate all ninjas, so I end up supporting my team with off-tanks (Swain), offensive support (Zilean) or full-tank (Nunu). I've come to realize that I still like playing Morgana now and then, she's next on my to-buy list.
As for the new heroes, I too shall try Karthus and Ezreal Won't be buying them though unless they end up being made of win ~_~ The Karthi I've met die like ants regardless of who's doing the ganking, and nobody uses his passive for revenge. Also I've noticed an increase in Kats as I hit LV19...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-07, 11:41   Link #223
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonie View Post

And who's Urgot?
This is quite the quote I'm seeing on the LoL forums.
No matter how well I played with Urgot, I just couldn't help the bad team.
Even though people say he's bad after 10 minute of the game, I find he's still quite good even at 30 minutes mark, mainly because of how good he is in the early. Still....late game I can't do anything noticeable aside from shoot shoot shoot shoot.

Btw, I love those Kennen that lightning rush me just to get killed before they touched me. It's funny and sad at the same time.
Old 2010-12-07, 11:52   Link #224
Kana Futayo
is not amused
*Graphic Designer

It's sad on their side because they don't know when's the right time to rush someone. Oh, and while in Lightning Rush status, they can't auto-attack.
Old 2010-12-07, 11:52   Link #225
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Urgot's mainly there for team pressure: start off possibly with FB, at LV2 he's a guaranteed 3-rocket hit, denying lots of exp even from the most agile players. After I get the core build done (manamune, boots, brutalizer), I either get sword of the occult (if doing well) or build up for Randuin's (if doing not-so-well). The damage bonus from the sword allows Urgot to retain his zoning presence even mid-game, and makes him a viable pusher too. But yeah, if you start out bad, you'll be a squishy that gets focused on and feeds lots, considering the -cough- mobility issues...
Imma try me some Kennen nao.

EDIT: Right, so Kennen's all-powerful versatile minja, but god I think he's just ANNOYING! I don't mean any offence to any Kennen players out there, but people don't know how to play him. So far I've only met one notable Ken summoner, about 2 weeks ago. Also tried out Ezreal, but he's even tougher to play than Ken...My problem with both players is that, while they are good at chasing, disabling and dealing tons of burst damage, they are severely squishy. Going AP/tanky may work for Kennen, but Ezreal(AD) needs a lot of attack and a decent mana pool, in addition to the HP.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2010-12-07 at 14:49.
Old 2010-12-07, 21:33   Link #226
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
It's because everyone plays carries, and they get mad when they realize that their early game sucks.

I think champions like Pantheon should be encouraged. That way, carries don't get to just sit there and farm the entire time.

Also, how scary is ranked? I want to try it, but with ~280 games, I don't know if I should yet.
Play Solo Ranked if you want to get better. Most people in solo ranked try hard, opposed to normal games that don't count.
Lostdreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 04:39   Link #227
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
Play Solo Ranked if you want to get better. Most people in solo ranked try hard, opposed to normal games that don't count.
You mean troll hard, because normal game is the place that people try way too hard there, while the number of trolling and bad people I met in ranked match is almost on 1:1 ratio for each match.

In the mean time, I've been using this one for a while, guess I should inform the people for its awesomeness
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=382678

Those are the new batch. I don't know if it also include the old one, for example like these (warning, Annie biased )
Old 2010-12-08, 07:55   Link #228
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
You mean troll hard, because normal game is the place that people try way too hard there, while the number of trolling and bad people I met in ranked match is almost on 1:1 ratio for each match.
Haven't played ranked yet, but on normal games most people are average: they don't sweat the FB or a couple of kills, they might afk for a bit to do whatever, on 3v3 they don't bother calling misses most of the time either. Although there is the occasional neurotic player who will be on the verge of a heart attack every time you die, but that's more the exception than the rule.
Old 2010-12-08, 09:22   Link #229
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Haven't played ranked yet, but on normal games most people are average: they don't sweat the FB or a couple of kills, they might afk for a bit to do whatever, on 3v3 they don't bother calling misses most of the time either. Although there is the occasional neurotic player who will be on the verge of a heart attack every time you die, but that's more the exception than the rule.
Mostly because they can try whatever pubstomping team without afraid of banning in Normal. When I said "try hard in Normal", I mean the whole team of 5 with team comp of Amumu, Janna, Ashe, Kog'maw, Galio/Sona/Taric. Well, can't blame them since most of the time I also play with at least 2 friends of mine, and many times there were 5. Those were tough fight, and we basically were trading kills left and right.

Beside, people wrecked our jungle in Normal more than Ranked, which is funny.
Old 2010-12-08, 14:55   Link #230
Albafica
Pisces no saint

I play some ranked game in solo queue and it's really hard IMO.

Sometimes you're with the good team, sometimes you're with the no brain team.

Today, I had the feeder team.

Nice Ashe feed 0/7... great... I should take the carry...

In normal game, I just play for fun, but when I'm playing ranked, there is a tension...

There are so much noob in ranked game, it's really really annoying.

I have about + 22 victory more than defeat in ranked solo, I'm always between 1400-1500.

In my opinion, to begin ranked game:

- 3 characters (useful) you know to play VERY VERY WELL: a carry AD, a carry AP, a TANK (and maybe a support)
- 3 full runes pages for your 3 main characters
- No Teemo pick
- useful picks
- no kids
- know to play safe
- don't play if you can't finish the game

BTW chinese artworks of LoL are just awesome. I love Sivir and Ashe .
Taki Akali is cool (Soul Calibur).
The Morgana is great too.
Janna is sexy!
Katarina is uber sexy .
Lux is awesome!
Malzahar is amazing!
Ez is epic!

Last edited by Albafica; 2010-12-08 at 15:07.
Albafica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 15:42   Link #231
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
- No Teemo pick
This begs the question of why :P
Quote:
- know to play safe
- don't play if you can't finish the game
These are the most important points to me: knowing that you're NOT playing DotA with a 33% dodge rate and insane attack speed that lets you backdoor the enemies all the way over to the junkyard. Today I had an unbalanced game, our team being the imba one. Even so, WW would just attack 3 guys head on, die, and let me clean the garbage (which was easy, fortunately...Teemo and Ken die so easily <3)
Old 2010-12-08, 18:26   Link #232
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

In the mean time, I've been using this one for a while, guess I should inform the people for its awesomeness
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=382678

Those are the new batch. I don't know if it also include the old one, for example like these (warning, Annie biased )
People only troll that hard in the sub 1K-1.5K elo range. Only baddies are in this elo range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
This begs the question of why :P

These are the most important points to me: knowing that you're NOT playing DotA with a 33% dodge rate and insane attack speed that lets you backdoor the enemies all the way over to the junkyard. Today I had an unbalanced game, our team being the imba one. Even so, WW would just attack 3 guys head on, die, and let me clean the garbage (which was easy, fortunately...Teemo and Ken die so easily <3)
Most people consider teemo to be really bad, but he's not. It's all about how skilled you are with a certain champion. League of Legends is balanced enough that there are no champions that are blatantly overpowered, and only one champion that is blatantly underpowered.
Old 2010-12-08, 21:03   Link #233
stormriders

LOL is ok, I am playing Heroes of Newerth and I enjoy it more
stormriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-09, 00:02   Link #234
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostdreams View Post
People only troll that hard in the sub 1K-1.5K elo range. Only baddies are in this elo range.
You know....everyone starts at 1200 elo, and if you want to climb up, you have to spend your life at that elo range.

It's still better to play against pre-made team in practice with draft mode.

Btw, how to turn your client into the same one as Chinese.
Old 2010-12-09, 12:24   Link #235
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Leet matchmaking in Twisted treeline: LV19/19/19 VS LV30/10/16...
Old 2010-12-09, 15:38   Link #236
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Give me a high elo player who have Teemo as a main. Want to see his games with lolbase.
Old 2010-12-09, 16:29   Link #237
Lostdreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
Give me a high elo player who have Teemo as a main. Want to see his games with lolbase.
The Rain Man
Old 2010-12-10, 07:41   Link #238
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

I have bought Annie, Ashe and Soraka. One burst mage, one ranged carry and one support champion. However, with the current line-up of free champions, I find it tough to survive, especially with Yi, Malphite, and the occasional team-up of Singed and *insert anti-carry here*.

Any suggestions for a new champion to purchase? I'm somewhat nervous in getting melee champs because I'm simply uncomfortable with them, but I might be able to cope if the learning curve's less punishing. I also have 1395 IP.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-10, 07:46   Link #239
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Ashe is the best one right now. Try to master her.

Also, replace Soraka with Janna, she is better, and she's 1350 IP.
Old 2010-12-10, 08:06   Link #240
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

So it's true that Soraka sucks until her remake?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
league of legends, lol