Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-08, 09:01   Link #101
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingzerosnuggles View Post
SEED was released in 2002. SEED Destiny came out in 2004. And then there's the shitload of spin-offs like Astray and The Edge... It's only been six years. What are you talking about "long time?" Heck, G waited 16 years for its update, and it's just a retcon manga. Wing waited 10 after the EW special edition came out in 2000. It's just getting a novel and a retcon manga. I highly doubt they'd go back to SEED this soon and, if they do, I doubt they'd sink money in a new season. For one thing, isn't Morosawa still sick?
Yes but it doesn't change the fact that the AU universe has something. We can't say the same about the CE one. Futhermore, a seed movie was annouced and I think a lot of us want this movie. From waht I know about Morosawa, she's not ill anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
It ended doesn't mean there is nothing to expand. By that logic we won't even have GSD.

If you want to talk about timeline that hasn't had anything new since a long time, there is AU. Beside, why would people think that many Gundam fan are CE fan? I seriously can't remember how many time the UC model kits get remake.
Well it's because Seed characters are still at the top of the various ranking polls such as Newtype, Gundam Ace etc...
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 09:04   Link #102
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

hmm a-ha maybe it's these options

1.we get a gundam tv series with main lead gundam pilot is a WOMAN (come on where let see it through a female's point of view)

2.crossover gundam tv series (like the DECADE & that upcoming SS series with pirates but travel to different SS worlds) like many world of gundam

3.the return of GS series either a prequal or reboot

as long one thing have Chantal Strand in it when they get in english audio.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 09:11   Link #103
wingzerosnuggles

According to ANN, Morosawa hasn't had a project since Destiny. Also, it would make news if she had recovered. Source, please?

Friend got an issue of January 2011 Ace. Char and Sayla are at #1. UC is still far more popular. Wait for scans if you don't believe me. *shrugs*
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 09:26   Link #104
kakakka

From what I remember, it was just Kira and Lacus who are making the top polls.

If they are basing a new CE project based on them, I would like it to be a movie rather than a series. A new CE series with them as side characters wouldn't sit well, unless they're the main characters. And making them the main characters again in a series I think would be too much.
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 09:37   Link #105
wingzerosnuggles

That would be correct. Last month, Relena even ranked higher than Cagalli. She was at #13 while Cagalli was at #14. Relena dropped to #20 this month though so who knows. Heero rose to #5 on the male poll this month. Duo at #17, I think? But again, this info is second hand from a friend. I'm hoping for a page scan.

If they do SEED and introduce a new cast, the least they can do is stick to it instead of having the old cast hijack the show midway.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 09:50   Link #106
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Well it's because Seed characters are still at the top of the various ranking polls such as Newtype, Gundam Ace etc...
Tieria and Setsuna is still ranked quite high if my mind serves me right.
My point is, if they base the next series depends on the ranking, then AD gets the highest chance right now.

Btw, if I see Lacus once again, it's better be her dead moment, or else...
Old 2010-12-08, 10:17   Link #107
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Tieria and Setsuna is still ranked quite high if my mind serves me right.
My point is, if they base the next series depends on the ranking, then AD gets the highest chance right now.

Btw, if I see Lacus once again, it's better be her dead moment, or else...
over my still corpse really never ever say "whacked" the Lacus.

(must have my Lacus safe at all time in this world, anime, fantasy, dream, etc no one touch me Lacus).

look i'm saying my 3 ideas of

1.we get a gundam tv series with main lead gundam pilot is a WOMAN (come on where let see it through a female's point of view)

2.crossover gundam tv series (like the DECADE & that upcoming SS series with pirates but travel to different SS worlds) like many world of gundam

3.the return of GS series either a prequal or reboot

are the likely good options right now (as long they Chantal Strand in it i'll check it).

yet will it match the level of GS.
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
Old 2010-12-08, 13:38   Link #108
tetsuo69

i agreed they need to milk CE more :P
Old 2010-12-08, 14:15   Link #109
LaSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Yes but it doesn't change the fact that the AU universe has something. We can't say the same about the CE one. Futhermore, a seed movie was annouced and I think a lot of us want this movie. From waht I know about Morosawa, she's not ill anymore

Gundam SEED is an AU universe series, so CE is a AU. AU encompass every Gundam series thats not UC. So what are you talking aout.

Last edited by LaSean; 2010-12-08 at 15:15.
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 14:16   Link #110
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Kusa-San meant to say AD, not AU.
Old 2010-12-08, 14:34   Link #111
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
The only way SEED can successfully move forward is if they kill off Kira and Lacus. They're the absolute pinnacle of both series, so having something tragic happen is only natural. Plus, it'll allow them to have a FRESH START with NEW CHARACTERS that can actually make for a better story.
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 14:43   Link #112
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
The only way SEED can successfully move forward is if they kill off Kira and Lacus. They're the absolute pinnacle of both series, so having something tragic happen is only natural. Plus, it'll allow them to have a FRESH START with NEW CHARACTERS that can actually make for a better story.
Don't forget about erasing those dog mobile suits out of existence.

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2010-12-08 at 15:27.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 15:16   Link #113
LaSean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Kusa-San meant to say AD, not AU.
Oh ok then.
LaSean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 15:46   Link #114
GundamFan

Quote:
That won't fix the main problem though the clip shows every few episodes, the frequent flashblacks that bring the plot to a screeching halt, canned fight squences that are reused enough that it's very noticable I think if would be better if they gave someone besides Fukuda the reigns of the show.
As far as killing Kira and Lacus goes I have been wishing for that since the start GSD and Lacus meh I'm fine either way as long as she doesn't get her hooks into the new main prototaganist they could keep her around trott her acouple times during the series in some nice little outfit for fan service.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 15:46   Link #115
Throne Zwei
Londo Bell Taskforce

Quote:
You really don't have to completely kill them off. Just have them NOT take the leading role again would be enough for this specific point.
Old 2010-12-08, 17:50   Link #116
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

I highly doubt they would kill off Kira or Lacus at this point. The most you could hope for on that front is that it's many years later and they died of old age.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 18:00   Link #117
monster

Quote:
That's nonsense on all three counts. Killing Kira and Lacus is not the only way SEED can successfully move forward. Having something tragic happen to them is not natural simply because they're thought of as the pinnacle of previous CE series. And making a better story doesn't depend on having new characters.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 18:06   Link #118
konart

Quote:
Better not kill them, but have a time skip. 100 years or something, where Kira & Co. are already legendary legends.

PS: and then Kira's clone appears!
Old 2010-12-08, 18:22   Link #119
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

If it does turn out to be something SEED related. It would the last chance for the series make me like anything more than the GINN and Strike Gundam. I mean that as a whole too, out of EVERYTHING CE related, the Strike Gundam and GINN are all I care for.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-08, 19:32   Link #120
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

look will ya stop mention thinking "kill the wabbit" or kira-Lacus really you know loyal fans would go NUKE-crazy on it.

geez look IF 3rd GS maybe it might kira-Lacus' child or descendant for it or maybe back to them again.

& why is that you should check other 2 ideas as well for

cause i'm assume you're afraid Chantal Strand might be in it even as a MAIN LEAD again?!