AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-14, 13:21   Link #6021
Kon the Magnificent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekirei07 View Post
Sorry about being so busy lately, my last final is Thursday so I will get the next chapter done after that. Should be out this weekend.
There's no need for that, finals can be a pain, trust me, I had one last week, and it wasn't nice. Besides, everyone here is patient (I think), we can wait until the weekened for the scans or even later just pass that final, all us students have the same desire to pass (I think).
Kon the Magnificent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 15:21   Link #6022
Homura7

Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 15:29   Link #6023
Soji

^And this is what I call a Epic cover
But I must admit Im surprised ,I did not think we would have seen the cover so early.

Last edited by Soji; 2010-12-14 at 15:45.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 17:24   Link #6024
Avvesione

Thanks for the update Seki. Good luck on your finals (and anyone else who's going through them right now).

Also, thanks for the image kurusu. I really like how serious it looks. Kinda like the color pages for chapter 85. Is it just me or does it look like his art style for color images has changed slightly? I think I noticed that with the difference between the color pages from 78 and 85. Looking at this cover leads me to believe that there's some change in how the colors look in the lighting. Idk, what do you guys think?

I wouldn't be surprised to see if his art style is changing. It's already gone through a lot this past decade:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Avvesione; 2010-12-14 at 19:04.
Avvesione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 08:44   Link #6025
needless_r+vfan

Quote:
Sorry about being so busy lately, my last final is Thursday so I will get the next chapter done after that. Should be out this weekend.
Wow, haven't been on in a while. Taking care of sick family members. Good luck with your finals Sekirei. And I thank you too ( and everyone else) for making the manga available to those like me who would otherwise never be able to view it any other way.

And I see we have some more new people here at the forum. I bid you all a very warm welcome and glad to have more Needless fans here.
needless_r+vfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 08:45   Link #6026
needless_r+vfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by _kurusu_ View Post

That cover rocks! Makes the events to come even more nailbitingly anxious.
Old 2010-12-15, 11:39   Link #6027
Sekirei07

I wonder what that green flame that is coming from Blade's hand is. DG didn't have that kind of graphics in the anime.
Old 2010-12-15, 11:47   Link #6028
Soji

^I was wondering the same thing, but then I thought it was Doppelganger and I not think about this anymore.
Another thing I noticed Eve have the same gloves a future Blade.
Im beginning to wonder if Eve passes them to Blade when the situation is resolved or if they are merely similar.
Old 2010-12-15, 13:43   Link #6029
Avvesione

Quote:
I wonder what that green flame that is coming from Blade's hand is. DG didn't have that kind of graphics in the anime.
Yeah, that's true Doppelganger didn't look like that in the anime (or manga for that matter), but I would guess that green flame is Doppelganger. I'm not sure if it's a literal use of it or a figurative use.

It could be a literal use of Doppelganger in the sense that Blade can readily transform any of his cells into anything he wants. If he wants to have a green flame around his hand, it is within his powers. If it's a figurative use, imagine someone who hasn't read the chapters up to now (let's say they become a fan of Needless sometime in the future) and didn't know that young Blade actually HAD Doppelganger. It would kinda spoil a lot of the series if it showed that on the cover of a volume. But you still want to show that Blade has a different power, so perhaps that's why there's the green flame.

I kinda wonder if Strom or Mengroze will be on the cover of the next volume. I guess we'll find out more in the next couple of chapters.
Old 2010-12-15, 15:27   Link #6030
Ynot

Nice find Kurusu. Where did you get it? Imai Kami's website? The one thing which I immediately noticed is some of the shading of the skin color is a lot brighter than on the earlier covers.

My first guess is the green fire is a sign Blade has just used his doppleganger or will very soon without making it too much of a spoiler, just like Avvesione already said.

As nice as seeing the new cover is, it's what's underneath it which really interests me. There has been some pretty good "hidden" funny art under it before, but I guess it'll take a while before we'll find out. I haven't seen the new vol were I usually buy my raws.
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-15, 19:12   Link #6031
Avvesione

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Nice find Kurusu. Where did you get it? Imai Kami's website? The one thing which I immediately noticed is some of the shading of the skin color is a lot brighter than on the earlier covers.
Yeah, I was wondering where you found that picture. The one on amazon.jp isn't as clear as the version you posted. I also checked Imai Kami's website and it hasn't been updated since June 19th (when Volume 11 was released), so it wasn't there...

Also, after looking at that cover again, I realized we probably won't see Saten for a long time once this arc is over. I don't see him hanging around Blade and Cruz when they return to the real world. It's too bad because Saten is so knowledgeable about things that are going on. Plus, he's a pretty badass character.

But when one character leaves, that opens up more time for other characters. Do you guys have any characters you hope to see in the next arc? Maybe a healthy and active Eve? Perhaps a return of Aruka? Maybe a reunion with Gido or Teruyama? Or maybe a continuation of this arc with present-day Mengroze? I'm curious to hear what you guys want to see.
Old 2010-12-15, 19:31   Link #6032
Soji

^Well, Other tha AnN that I mentioned few posts ago (I would like to see her appear in the real world, but like she does in this memory world ,that only Cruz can see and hear her)
I want to see again a healthy and active Eve is almost two years that we do not see her like that
But I admit I want know as well what happened to Gido and Teruyama.
Old 2010-12-15, 20:36   Link #6033
needless_r+vfan

My only thoughts on the green flame is maybe perhaps Blade gains a new type of Flame Needless power?

I'd like to see what the current condition of Arclight is. It seems he hasn't appeared yet in the manga for a while, same with Riru. I"d also like to Eve again too back to her normal self. And where the heck is Gido and Teruyama? I hope the future chapters shed some light into there status as well.
Old 2010-12-16, 15:27   Link #6034
Ynot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avvesione View Post

But when one character leaves, that opens up more time for other characters. Do you guys have any characters you hope to see in the next arc? Maybe a healthy and active Eve? Perhaps a return of Aruka? Maybe a reunion with Gido or Teruyama? Or maybe a continuation of this arc with present-day Mengroze? I'm curious to hear what you guys want to see.
Aruka would bring a lot of tension and potential revelations about her and Yamada's past so I certainly wouldn't mind having her around, but as long as Yamada stays in drag accompanied by Disk anyone else is fine with me
Ynot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 16:36   Link #6035
Kefit

Quote:
I'd like to see Saten and Cruz shunted out of this memory world, and for this arc to continue with present day Mengroze and Strom. A healthy and active Eve would be very nice to see during this, as it's been way too long since we last saw that. Then just make sure Mio has some screentime and Kefit will be a very happy man.

Gido and Teruyama are begging for joke reintroductions, perhaps in the middle of a fight (ala Blade during Bloody Rain) where they end up being completely useless. I'm fine with not seeing Aruka for a while, I think Cruz needs to overcome some more challenges before development with her can move in any meaningful way. I'd also love to see Mio reunited with Setsuna and Kuchinashi, but I don't think it will be time for that until Cruz and friends confront Simeon directly - in other words, not until after dealing with Mengroze and Strom.
Kefit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-16, 16:39   Link #6036
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynot View Post
Aruka would bring a lot of tension and potential revelations about her and Yamada's past so I certainly wouldn't mind having her around, but as long as Yamada stays in drag accompanied by Disk anyone else is fine with me
I dont mind if is Aruka , precisely for the reasons you listed.
But it would not be healthy for Yamada, frankly, if this separate Arc should continue, I hope that this time Eve end up with Yamada .
That is, at least we see her more often is already too long that she is not at the fore front.
Because if Yamada unlock a fragment or some power during the current arc, Eve would be perfect to help him to learn how to use that power / fragment efficiently ... after all, Eve was also without power at the beginning.
Old 2010-12-16, 17:36   Link #6037
Avvesione

Depending on how the arc goes, I'm beginning to wonder if Saten and Ishiyama will kidnap Eve and try to remove the part of her brain that has Doppelganger. Giving that part of the brain to Arclight might cure his condition (since it seems like Arclight got the Stigmata for Zero and Blade got the Stigmata for Doppelganger). Saten said they're interested in her because they think she has a Stigmata, so if Saten finds out she does indeed have it, then I can see her getting captured again. Which would be too bad since I'd love to see Eve in action again (or at least in gags).

Like Kefit said, if the current arc continues in the real world, then we'll probably see Strom and Mengroze again. I wonder if we'd also see Gido appear during that time since he and Mengroze have a past relationship. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gido be the next character that shows up in the series. I'm hoping we see Setsuna and Kuchinashi again but I doubt it. I wouldn't mind seeing Disk with a body either but I'm kinda use to her just being a head.
Old 2010-12-16, 21:58   Link #6038
needless_r+vfan

Quote:
Like Kefit said, if the current arc continues in the real world, then we'll probably see Strom and Mengroze again. I wonder if we'd also see Gido appear during that time since he and Mengroze have a past relationship. I wouldn't be surprised to see Gido be the next character that shows up in the series. I'm hoping we see Setsuna and Kuchinashi again but I doubt it. I wouldn't mind seeing Disk with a body either but I'm kinda use to her just being a head.
It would be interesting to see a Gido and Mengroze confrontation. Since last issue with Mengroze ranting about his sick view of evolution I'd be curious to see what conversation would arise between the two scientists. Maybe we would find out more information about the Adam Project and explain more into Eve's sudden melting.
Old 2010-12-17, 16:02   Link #6039
Homura7

The glorious day is finally here, the moment of the truth we all have been waiting for a long time. Tomorrow or next is the day of Cruz's resolve, when this time for sure we'll find out if he's still human (doubtful) or if he has been needless for a long time, actually.
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 16:15   Link #6040
Soji

Good, I honestly thought we had to wait until Sunday or Monday for Chapter 86.
I hope this time the chapter gives us more answers than questions and that it does not close as bad as the previous two.

Tags
action, comedy, seinen