AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-29, 13:05   Link #8021
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Borrowing money is fine....as long as you pay it back in the shortest possible time you can. Immediate would be best.
Borrowing is fine... as long as you pay it back. We're paying the interest on our parents' debt while accumulating one of our own. The plan, so far as I can see, is to foist it all off on our children, which I can't help but think of as a dick move that's going to blow up in our collective face.

Quote:
Analysis: Arrests show U.S.-Russia spies' covert war lives on

Okay, whether this is true or not, being a global intelligence enthusiast, it still merits a facepalm.

FFS, the goddamn Cold War is over. Keep your spies in foreign territory to the necessary minimum. SVR thought it would be a good idea to just leave their old spies in US after the USSR collapsed, apparently it is a stupid one after all since the FBI busted them. Either that, or the US needs to address their real economic issues rather than cooking up spy stories to distract the populace from their woes.
Eh. It's a change from terrorists. I'm feeling all nostalgic.
Old 2010-06-29, 13:56   Link #8022
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/06/27/mo...lane.html?8dpc

“His agent got him the script, and he was totally turned off by it,” Jerry Zucker, who wrote and directed the film with his brother, David Zucker, and their lifelong friend Jim Abrahams, said recently during a phone interview with his erstwhile partners. “He thought it was tasteless trash.”
Mr. Abrahams interjected, his voice perfectly deadpan: “I don’t understand. What did he think was tasteless about pedophilia?”
Airplane turns 30.

Quote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...l?hpid=artslot

The Hayabusa mission launched with great fanfare in 2003 and headed for the asteroid Itokawa, an irregularly-shaped rock that orbits between Earth and Mars, far away from the crowded asteroid belt between Mars and Jupiter.

The sample container is back in Japan now, in one of a series of clean rooms where it will be examined and then opened, sometime in the next few weeks. A modified CAT scan will first be used to search for material inside the box, but officials think they'll need to use a powerful scanning electron microscope to determine whether any dust particles were collected and made it back.
so who wants to bet that some sort alien organism is inside that box and it is on world domination?

Last edited by Xellos-_^; 2010-06-29 at 15:21.
Old 2010-06-30, 02:08   Link #8023
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Analysis: Arrests show U.S.-Russia spies' covert war lives on

Okay, whether this is true or not, being a global intelligence enthusiast, it still merits a facepalm.

FFS, the goddamn Cold War is over. Keep your spies in foreign territory to the necessary minimum. SVR thought it would be a good idea to just leave their old spies in US after the USSR collapsed, apparently it is a stupid one after all since the FBI busted them. Either that, or the US needs to address their real economic issues rather than cooking up spy stories to distract the populace from their woes.
One of the alleged spies, Anna Chapman

I can see why the FBI watched the spy ring 10 years
Old 2010-06-30, 11:01   Link #8024
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post

I have found a reason to keep following the news.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-30, 15:52   Link #8025
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:

it is the line of duty. the sacrifice you make for your country.
Old 2010-06-30, 16:31   Link #8026
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:

So how come they supposedly never found out anything? I'd tell her whatever she wants to know.
Old 2010-06-30, 19:07   Link #8027
Joojoobees

Not as important as Anna Chapman pix, but ...

Microsoft Kin is dead
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/30/m...t-kin-is-dead/
Quote:
just how bad do sales have to be to kill a project mere weeks into its retail launch?
Also: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_631439.html
Quote:
Microsoft's Kin phone was announced in April. It launched in May. And it died in June.
Besides the dizzying pace at which this product was dropped, I was surprised because there have been a lot of ads for this product on TV lately. Microsoft has got some serious problems to work out. They must have wasted a small fortune on product development on that thing. Microsoft used to be the 800-pound gorilla, but now they resemble the 98-pound weakling.
Old 2010-06-30, 19:11   Link #8028
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joojoobees View Post
Microsoft used to be the 800-pound gorilla, but now they resemble the 98-pound weakling.
Ah, the time whem Bill Gate was still in charge...
Old 2010-06-30, 19:30   Link #8029
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
Ah, the time whem Bill Gate was still in charge...
I wasn't a big supporter of his at the time, but the company seems like a sad joke since he left.
Old 2010-07-01, 00:11   Link #8030
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Not as important as Anna Chapman pix, but ...

Microsoft Kin is dead
http://www.engadget.com/2010/06/30/m...t-kin-is-dead/

Also: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_631439.html

Besides the dizzying pace at which this product was dropped, I was surprised because there have been a lot of ads for this product on TV lately. Microsoft has got some serious problems to work out. They must have wasted a small fortune on product development on that thing. Microsoft used to be the 800-pound gorilla, but now they resemble the 98-pound weakling.

reminds me of Apple's advertisements. One of them is a scene of PC sitting in front of a table and redistributing money to Advertising (the Win Vista at the time) and Fixing of bugs. PC was allocating most of the money to advertising when Mac popped in and asked what PC was going to do with the bugs. PC then just pushed all the money to advertising.

Microsoft's not going well lately, it's Zune is not very competitive (rubbish in my mind, don't see any advantage over those fake ipod mp4s from China), its Kin phone is rubbish (I'd rather get an Asus smartphone, or a whiteberry). I sometimes find Microsoft's way of doing things not very logical......

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
Old 2010-07-01, 02:57   Link #8031
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
on Linux, this wouldn't have happened
Old 2010-07-01, 10:04   Link #8032
Xion Valkyrie

Well, at least their gaming division is doing fairly well, and so is Windows 7. They have enough money to waste on unsuccessful projects anyways.
Old 2010-07-01, 11:44   Link #8033
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
I wasn't a big supporter of his at the time, but the company seems like a sad joke since he left.
I think you can thank the "Balmer-ization" of the company to some extent. No one except Balmer's fanboi investors thinks he has a single clue. Most people think possibly he needs medication.
Old 2010-07-01, 12:09   Link #8034
killer3000ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I think you can thank the "Balmer-ization" of the company to some extent. No one except Balmer's fanboi investors thinks he has a single clue. Most people think possibly he needs medication.
DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS DEVELOPERS

Old 2010-07-01, 12:43   Link #8035
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

^= A prime example for what cocaine can make you do.
Old 2010-07-01, 14:43   Link #8036
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
To be fair, Microsoft still dominates the operating system and office software market. Which they've pretty much kept control of for more than a decade. Their latest failures are namely them trying to expand outside that area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Well, at least their gaming division is doing fairly well, and so is Windows 7. They have enough money to waste on unsuccessful projects anyways.
Wasn't the gaming division operating on a pretty substantial loss due to all the costs incurred with dealing with the overheating issue on the early run 360's?
Quote:

What the fuck?
Old 2010-07-01, 19:43   Link #8037
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
<snip>
I would rather he danced to Tetris.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-07-01, 20:33   Link #8038
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:

Old 2010-07-03, 01:37   Link #8039
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Daughter sues father for tuition money

http://finance.yahoo.com/college-edu...uing_education

WTF? How sad.