AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-02-09, 12:59   Link #41
kishinfoulux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soma
This poll only confirms what I've felt and have said since the beginning.

Naruto is garbage.

He is a pathetic main character, period. The only reason why he ranked up so high in the first place was because he was the main character. Judging him just on his own merits and personality, he is severely lacking. Frankly, it's just getting clear now that people are getting sick and tired of this dumbass, and are awaiting the TRUE main character in this series.

Honestly it's pretty telling that Sasuke not only is the one thing that's saving this manga in the first place (which the creator of the series said HIMSELF), not only is his character much more INTERESTING and not as PATHETIC as Naruto, but he is also the #1 favorite in Japan (where their opinions actually matter) as well as Masashi Kishimoto's (the creator's) favorite character.

Naruto is a completely typical and retarded shonen main character that even fails at being in the top 3 of his own series. He fails at being one of the most likable, which is basically all a shonen main character needs to do. A side character like Deidara who was just shown last arc even managed to beat him. Frankly, Naruto fans everywhere should feel ashamed at how pathetic he is and his pitiful showing here.

It's ridiculous how crappy he is. They should just change the focus of the manga to Sasuke, since that's basically what all the important people want and would make it much more interesting. You can even see how Mr. Masashi treats Sasuke compared to Naruto to get the idea. Sasuke is (and always will be):

-stronger than Naruto (Sasuke's natural potential is the highest in the whole series, surpassing people like the 3rd, the 4th, Itachi, Sakumo, AL, etc. The only reason why Naruto is even managing to stay on his level, and will continue to be around his level is because of Kyuubi. Even with that though, he can't surpass Sasuke)
-smarter than Naruto
-a better ninja than Naruto
-is "cooler" and more "badass" than Naruto in everything
-better looking than Naruto
-has a more tortured past than Naruto
-has a more interesting character
-is more developed with a more interesting story
-and is PREFERRED more by the important fans and the creator of the series himself

Basically Sasuke>>Naruto in everything that matters to a story and to a shonen character. This is why Sasuke is the number one character and will continue to be so (his only challenge will be Kakashi from now on).
someone loves sasuke a bit too much dont they?

but in all seriousness since when is the main character of an anime the most liked/popular? naruto is actually one of the few main characters that i like. in most other animes i tend to like the other characters or villains more. and with a cast of characters like naruto how could you not like someone other than naruto? people arent getting sick and tired of him. its more that there are more and more characters that are being introduced and they are "fresher" than him. i mean look at how many people jumped on the sasori/deidara bandwagon. hell no one even really cared for sasori until he showed his "human" form (i dont care what anyone says). suddenly he was cool.

also you must take into account that sasuke has been gone for a bit so perhaps thats just the fans way of telling kishi to hurry up and bring him back already. i can guarantee you if he comes back looking like a fag he wont be number 1 next year. sasuke is NOT saving this manga cause the manga doesnt need saving.

so sasuke's story is so much better than narutos? i can put his whole story into one line.

"i want revenge cause my bro killed my clan."

and thats pretty much it. yeah thats really in depth. im not knocking his story cause i do indeed like sasuke (though itachi more) and the whole "revenge" thing but to say that there is depth to his story is a huge overstatment. oh and naruto is pathetic you say? yeah cause sasuke isnt a whiny little bitch either. "im sasuke. im gonna be emo cause naruto keeps getting stronger than me."

than your little list of why sasuke is "better" than naruto is nothing more than your diluted opinion. not fact. you even said that sasuke is "better looking". are you fucking gay or something? (no offense to gay people) seriously.

so the way i see it...

naruto = sasuke

not

sasuke >>>> naruto

cause alot of this is based on their relationship. you cant have one without the other. the story wouldnt be nearly as good if it werent for the relationship that they share.

ok im done with my rant.
kishinfoulux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 13:02   Link #42
kishinfoulux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujin
just as an fyi, most popular character in Japan =/= good character. Ask the Gundam board about Kira in SEED Destiny and you'll see what I mean

Sasuke was shaping up to be a good character until Itachi showed up. Then all the development from before got thrown to the wind and Sasuke became even worse than he was to start with. Then came his brilliant idea to leave the village...
ironically im just about to finish up SEED right now. who is it that they like over there out of curiousity?
Old 2006-02-09, 13:08   Link #43
Blaine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zek
In a nutshell, Sasuke is still popular because he hasn't disappointed anyone.
That's because he hasn't appeared yet so it's pretty hard for him to disappoint XD
Old 2006-02-09, 13:38   Link #44
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Jeez ... looks like a lot of fangirls votes, being heavily inspired by the numerous doujins starring Kakashi x Iruka... it's one of the popular pairs together with Sasuke x Naruto I guess...
They did max out Iruka's sex-o-meter in doujins... With Iruka's hair down, fangirls went wild, I guess. Ah, the glory of shampoo.

But seriously, are fans reading doujins OVER the actual manga? That'll be interesting...

Quote:
Sasori and Sai are way cuter than Deidara, why didn't they get better rankings ?
This reminds me of the shounen manga Air Gear (Oh! Great), where this minor male character, who happens to land a smooch on the male hero, beat everyone in the last poll and came out first. His moves are wicked cool and all, but c'mon, aside from the yaoi bait, just how do these polls work?
cheesie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 15:48   Link #45
Rachy
Disabled By Request

i wonder if theres more girls that like the naruto manga ...

or that all the guys who like certain people were to lazy to vote lol.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 16:05   Link #46
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
They should just change the focus of the manga to Sasuke, since that's basically what all the important people want and would make it much more interesting.
rofl

Naruto is a much better character than Sasuke and this is coming from the number one most important person, namely me.
Still, as a happy, yet determined and serious character, Naruto did (haven't watched the show for a while) get worse at his job as the plot got deeper. Instead of sticking to being a prankster, he decides to whine alot and try to compare his angst with Sasuke's. Though not as a severe case as Sasuke, he still gets really boring. This sucks seeing as Naruto was supposed to be the light, shining up on all those serious ninjafaces, but instead he turns away from that and becomes almost as retarded as the guy who watched his family get killed over, and over again.
Old 2006-02-09, 18:37   Link #47
abazou
Uchiha Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
rofl

Naruto is a much better character than Sasuke and this is coming from the number one most important person, namely me.
Still, as a happy, yet determined and serious character, Naruto did (haven't watched the show for a while) get worse at his job as the plot got deeper. Instead of sticking to being a prankster, he decides to whine alot and try to compare his angst with Sasuke's. Though not as a severe case as Sasuke, he still gets really boring. This sucks seeing as Naruto was supposed to be the light, shining up on all those serious ninjafaces, but instead he turns away from that and becomes almost as retarded as the guy who watched his family get killed over, and over again.
Umm A person saying over and over that he wants to be Hokage isnt boring? Not to mention he only uses one move.
Old 2006-02-09, 18:39   Link #48
kishinfoulux

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
Umm A person saying over and over that he wants to be Hokage isnt boring? Not to mention he only uses one move.
i recall sasuke using chidori several times as well. and if your gonna knock naruto for saying "i want to be hokage" over and over, than you might as well knock sasuke for saying "i want to kill my brother" over and over.
Old 2006-02-09, 19:27   Link #49
nh1
KAWAIII-III!!!! >^_^ >

Quote:
Originally Posted by abazou
Wow, I have to ask: What did you read in my post? From your post, I understand you picked up words like boring, over and over and Sasuke.

To reply properly, Naruto's nagging isn't really as annoying as Sasuke's angsty attitude, no.
Old 2006-02-09, 19:45   Link #50
ragweed
woah woah!

Quote:
They should just change the focus of the manga to Sasuke, since that's basically what all the important people want and would make it much more interesting.
If Sasuke became the main character, then he wouldn't be allowed to have such long abscences from the manga and would be forced to appear in every filler. :/ Wonder if he'd be less liked if he was the main character?

Lee is in 18th place. This is a sad sad time. Although I think this poll is crap anyway.
ragweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 19:50   Link #51
kishinfoulux

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragweed
If Sasuke became the main character, then he wouldn't be allowed to have such long abscences from the manga and would be forced to appear in every filler. :/ Wonder if he'd be less liked if he was the main character?

Lee is in 18th place. This is a sad sad time. Although I think this poll is crap anyway.
agreed. they have a dead guy in 4th place. (ahhhh the irony)
Old 2006-02-09, 22:14   Link #52
Gunboat Diplomat
Honey Flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaine
Quote:
In a nutshell, Sasuke is still popular because he hasn't disappointed anyone.
That's because he hasn't appeared yet so it's pretty hard for him to disappoint XD
I think that was his point...
Gunboat Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 22:16   Link #53
Gunboat Diplomat
Honey Flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishinfoulux
agreed. they have a dead guy in 4th place. (ahhhh the irony)
That's not irony. That's more like "rain on your wedding day..."
Gunboat Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 22:26   Link #54
kishinfoulux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunboat Diplomat
That's not irony. That's more like "rain on your wedding day..."
W...T...F!? lol
Old 2006-02-09, 22:41   Link #55
gibits
Endless

Quote:
Originally Posted by nh1
rofl

Agreed, Naruto just isn't the character he used to be.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 22:47   Link #56
Soma

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishinfoulux
someone loves sasuke a bit too much dont they?
Everything I've stated was the truth and Japan and Mr. Masashi agree, so I don't know what you're trying to accomplish here.

Quote:
but in all seriousness since when is the main character of an anime the most liked/popular? naruto is actually one of the few main characters that i like. in most other animes i tend to like the other characters or villains more. and with a cast of characters like naruto how could you not like someone other than naruto? people arent getting sick and tired of him. its more that there are more and more characters that are being introduced and they are "fresher" than him. i mean look at how many people jumped on the sasori/deidara bandwagon. hell no one even really cared for sasori until he showed his "human" form (i dont care what anyone says). suddenly he was cool.
Huh? Main characters like Ichigo, Ranma, Luffy, Guttz, etc., were usually around the most liked of their respective series. Naruto himself won 2 popularity polls in the past and was #2 or 3 for those other times he wasn't. In fact, in the last popularity poll he was #2. So now, how are people suddenly gonna say that it has nothing to do with Naruto's character? If that was the case, he wouldn't have won those popularity polls in the past, or been in #2/3 for the ones he wasn't.

Therefore the only answer left is that people have grown sick and tired of the dumbass and have started preferring Sasuke. In fact they're starting to prefer side characters more than him which has shown how far he's sunk in terms of how good of a character he is. This would never happen in another shonen, where the main character is at least assured a spot in the top 3. From that, I can easily conclude that Naruto is a failure of a main character. That's all there is to it.

They should just have Sasuke as main character since it would make a much more interesting story.

Quote:
also you must take into account that sasuke has been gone for a bit so perhaps thats just the fans way of telling kishi to hurry up and bring him back already. i can guarantee you if he comes back looking like a fag he wont be number 1 next year. sasuke is NOT saving this manga cause the manga doesnt need saving.
No, what it means is that the fans PREFER him to seeing Naruto's dumb ass every single time. Face it, Sasuke is just a better character.

LOL, and Sasuke coming back looking like a fag? Who's the one dressing up like a woman trying to seduce MEN like his beloved ero-sennin? Who's the one that's popping tails out when he hears Sasuke's name, is lured by Kyuubi of an image of Sasuke, and is crying like a little bitch every single chapter that his beloved Sasuke left him for another person? Good job proving your point. Even so, it's obvious that Kishimoto is saving the best (as in best character, most preferred by the creator and the fans) for last. He'll surpass everyone's expectations, and have a better appearance than post-timeskip Gaara and more power than Naruto.

And yes, Sasuke DID save the manga. Reread Kishimoto's interview with toriyamajump website as you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

Quote:
so sasuke's story is so much better than narutos? i can put his whole story into one line.

"i want revenge cause my bro killed my clan."

and thats pretty much it. yeah thats really in depth. im not knocking his story cause i do indeed like sasuke (though itachi more) and the whole "revenge" thing but to say that there is depth to his story is a huge overstatment.
Naruto-- "I want to be Hokage! I eat ramen!! Acknowledge me cuz I'm an attention whore dattebayo!!

It's true that shonen mangas don't have any true depth to their characters at all, but if you compare it just within in the story, Sasuke is the most developed character period. The most complex character would be Kabuto or Orochimaru (possibly Itachi as well). Naruto is the least developed, the least complex and the most boring next to nothings like Ten-ten. He really hasn't changed at all since the beginning of the manga and his idiocy is non-endearing and predictable.

Quote:
oh and naruto is pathetic you say? yeah cause sasuke isnt a whiny little bitch either. "im sasuke. im gonna be emo cause naruto keeps getting stronger than me."
LOL, here comes another Naruto fanboy's rant. Face it, Sasuke is stronger than Naruto and doesn't give a shit about his strength. All he cares about is facing Itachi. The only time Sasuke was concerned about Naruto's strength was after his encounter with Itachi. The end of part 1 obviously showed Sasuke was finished with his games in Konoha.

The biggest "emo" being Sasuke? Who's the little bitch that was crying not only in part 1 and part 2 as if Sasuke left him like damaged goods to go with someone else? Who's the one who can't let Sasuke go? Who was the person who has the biggest inferiority complex? You're blind if you actually think Sasuke's complex approached anywhere near Naruto's. Naruto has got to be the biggest attention whore ever.

The biggest cry-babies in the series are pre-timeskip Sakura and Naruto. The biggest emos in the story are Naruto and Gaara (and maybe pre-bitch Neji). Unlike those guys, Sasuke doesn't need to tell his life story to everyone, and he doesn't show anyone else his pain like they do.

It's a shame that even post-timeskip Sakura is not such a sniveling crybaby like Naruto is. I guess what Sai said is true, that Naruto really is lacking a "pair"...
Quote:
than your little list of why sasuke is "better" than naruto is nothing more than your diluted opinion. not fact. you even said that sasuke is "better looking". are you fucking gay or something? (no offense to gay people) seriously.
You must not only be an immature idiot, but also blind as well. It's clear to anyone that Sasuke is much better looking than Naruto (in fact many people in the manga are), and it doesn't take a female or a gay person to realize this. Any straight guy can see that Brad Pitt is a more handsome guy than someone like Carrot Top. This is reality here. You must be insecure in your (supposed) masculinity to not be able to acknowledge that.

The standard for male beauty in the series are Sasuke, the 4th, Itachi, Kakashi, and Sasori. You can make cases for people like Deidara, Kabuto, and Neji as well. But on the whole, that's how it is.

And yes, looks DO play a part in determining how you like a character. Why else do you have these Naruto fanboys hoping in vain that Naruto will turn out to look exactly like the 4th when he gets older (good luck with that)? It's because looks are important, as they should be in determining our preferences like anything else would be.

Quote:
so the way i see it...

naruto = sasuke

not

sasuke >>>> naruto
In terms of fighting strength
Sasuke=Naruto, because Kyuubi will be his equalizer against Sasuke's ungodly potential.

In terms of a character,
Sasuke>>Naruto undoubtedly. The last two polls as well as Mr. Masashi's preference just point to this further.

Quote:
cause alot of this is based on their relationship. you cant have one without the other. the story wouldnt be nearly as good if it werent for the relationship that they share.

ok im done with my rant.
Every single time Sasuke is in the scene, there is never a dull moment. He always moves the plot and makes it more interesting. Even in moments where he's not there, he influences the plot (like the current arc). This is why he's more interesting than any other character, and preferred more.

The only other people who can do this are the main villains like Oro/Kabuto/Itachi. Naruto by himself, as well as other characters like Sakura cannot do this. The Rescue Gaara arc and the Tsunade retrieval arc were hands down, on average, the most dragging and boring arcs ever compared to the others and you can see the reason why. This is WHY Sasuke is needed in this manga and Mr. Masashi specifically said so.

This is why Orochimaru and Kabuto have brought the manga back on track this arc since Naruto can't do it by himself. He's retarded, not interesting, simple, unchanging, boring, and generally is a failure of a shonen character. This manga would have been long finished if Sasuke wasn't there, or if there wasn't such a likable large supporting cast. Unlike shonen characters like Ranma who can actually carry a story by themselves and are preferred the best among fans.
Soma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-09, 23:30   Link #57
EadTaes
The Northern Guy

Send a message via AIM to EadTaes Send a message via MSN to EadTaes
This is the flame war i knew would happen if someone explained why they liked naruto more over Sasuke. Sasuke fans refuting that for sake of the series Naruto might be left behind for periods of time to alow for progretion. And sasuke is a more simple character then naruto. Their is alot more to know about naruto that we aren't told then their is to know about Sasuke.

Also anotehr anime the main charcater aint the start is Tsubasa Chronicles. The main Character is Sakura. But Shaoran, Fye and Kurogane rank above her. Since for now she isnt doing much. Info is only slowly being realesed.

Its a commond tactic in storie to focus on side characters for extended period of time to prevent revealing to much information about the main character to soon. Lame story if their is at least 1 major stuning fact come up before then end.
EadTaes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 02:08   Link #58
Syaoran
Inactive Member

Oh well... you've Sasuke haters and Naruto haters... I like both characters ^^

Now, please stop this meaningless fighting over who's the stronger and better character... it's pointless. You read the manga, watch the anime and enjoy it.

People don't care to know whether Sasuke beats the shit out of Naruto or the other way round. In the end, they're still genins and other guys can beat the shit of these two. They aren't godlike.

Lots of people act as if there was only Naruto and Sasuke... There are other things to the manga than judge their grudge against each other.
Syaoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 09:44   Link #59
gibits
Endless

Soma you're being a retard about this. Naruto's popularity dropped because he has changed. And not for the better i'm afraid. You partisan statements that he is unchanging is way to simplistic.

Looks do matter and Naruto does resemble the 4th. It has been stated, and one of main mysteries left in the series is just what Naruto's relationship to him is, and prolly the last thing that is interesting about his character.

Never a dull moment with Sasuke? Well there are certainly unseemily moments. Like when he was pissing his pants fighting Oro while Naruto single handed beat the crap out of that big snake, AND called him a pussy, which was exactly what he was being. How bout that time he was sooo worried that Naruto was stronger than him (which at the time he was) that was acting all bitchy to Sakura?

You say that Kyuubi was the main equalizer btewwn the two? At the start of the chase arc Naruto was stronger, it was Sasuke that had the inferiority complex. If anything it is the cursed seal that equalized them. So get your facts straight.

Resucue Gaara arc was fricking awesome (ok the 5th hokage arc pretty boring, other than Sasuke getting owed, that was pretty cool). We get to see Deidra an Sasori in his full glory.

I'll say this again Sai was right about Sasuke being a weak pansy and turning to Oro.

PS Sasori would make a nice puppet out of Oro had he not killed himself.

Last edited by gibits; 2006-02-10 at 13:39.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 10:56   Link #60
Yogi

It's the looks.

Seriously, look at Deidara vs. Sasori. Sasori has the better personality, an actual backstory, more interesting techniques, more techniques period, the more dramatic fght, and doesn't say "Yeah" at the end of every sentence. Yet why is Deidara > Sasori?

Because one looks like a bishounen while the order looked like a creepy old man. Sure, he turned into a kid later on, but then he looked like a kid, not a bishounen.

Being nice also helps. Iruka is the first nice person we see, and that keeps him at #6. Hinata was nice to Naruto once and she's at 13, ahead of people like Lee and Kabuto who have more developed characters and greater roles in the story.

Hell, Ino is greater than Lee, and when was the last time that Ino did anything remotely interesting? She was put into the Chuunin exam to show off Sakura's past, and was immediately taken out of the story. The only parts of her backstory shown are when it intersects with Sakura's. She was the only member of Ino-Shika-Chou that didn't fight against Sai. Yet she's more popular than Rock Lee who actually has a backstory, cool abilities, screen time, and an interesting personality.

I said it before, and I'll say it again. Polls suck.
Yogi is offline   Reply With Quote