Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-05-13, 06:46   Link #281
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbj View Post
i dont think the possibility of rollo got his geass by the emporer/vv is that high? if so then why not any of his loyal servants have? why specifically rollo?
The Emperor doesn't believe in loyalty. That's why he approved of giving Suzaku a job. Wakamoto would prefer all his subjects to be backstabing knaves, as long as they got real skills.

And anyway, not everyone could get given a Geass. Only a small number of people have the capacity to obtain the power. Thus V.V. can't hand them out like Christmas presents.
Old 2008-05-13, 06:48   Link #282
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
The Emperor doesn't believe in loyalty. That's why he approved of giving Suzaku a job. Wakamoto would prefer all his subjects to be backstabing knaves, as long as they got real skills.
at that he's taking a huge gamble. if someone were to backstab him. He would most likely die. and people will start fighting for the throne.
Ice_Bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 06:50   Link #283
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ice_Bullet View Post
at that he's taking a huge gamble. if someone were to backstab him. He would most likely die. and people will start fighting for the throne.
That's probably how he got his throne to begin with.

What's this I heard about before? "A royal must get used to defeating 3 attempts on his life before he could get in the bath each day?"
Old 2008-05-13, 08:58   Link #284
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Well, either way, it's probably fine with him. If he's really a believer in his own Way of the Sith - sorry, social darwinism - then by his own belief, if he's too weak to keep his subjects in line and avoid attacks on his life, then he was too weak in the first place and someone stronger thna him will replace him - and such a struggle for the throne seems to be sort of what he may want in the first place.
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 09:54   Link #285
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Well, either way, it's probably fine with him. If he's really a believer in his own Way of the Sith - sorry, social darwinism - then by his own belief, if he's too weak to keep his subjects in line and avoid attacks on his life, then he was too weak in the first place and someone stronger thna him will replace him - and such a struggle for the throne seems to be sort of what he may want in the first place.
uh rolo topic becoming emperor topic LOL

anyway. 1 more post then. =x. if such is the case, lelouch would be perfect to suceed the throne. comparing schniezel to lelouch. lelouch wins in everyway (unless in chess but this could also be a deciding factor). he has rollo, karen, the OotBK. while schniezel has the KOR. that alone. could prove deadly. but the point is that schniezel was born and raised with care. while lelouch was not. lelouch outwitted, outsurvived schniezel and britinnia in everyway (cept sometimes). maybe getting the throne aint that hard after all. could it also be that rollo's geass belongs to V.V? then it would be easy to communicate wouldn't it? lelouch could make use of a rag to gain inner connections within the empire. then with that. destorying it from within? don't bring up suzaku. he'll never achieve anything at this rate.
Old 2008-05-13, 13:59   Link #286
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
uh rolo topic becoming emperor topic LOL

anyway. 1 more post then. =x. if such is the case, lelouch would be perfect to suceed the throne. comparing schniezel to lelouch. lelouch wins in everyway (unless in chess but this could also be a deciding factor). he has rollo, karen, the OotBK. while schniezel has the KOR. that alone. could prove deadly. but the point is that schniezel was born and raised with care. while lelouch was not. lelouch outwitted, outsurvived schniezel and britinnia in everyway (cept sometimes). maybe getting the throne aint that hard after all. could it also be that rollo's geass belongs to V.V? then it would be easy to communicate wouldn't it? lelouch could make use of a rag to gain inner connections within the empire. then with that. destorying it from within? don't bring up suzaku. he'll never achieve anything at this rate.
I think you're underestimating Schneizel a little.

Sure he as the 2st Prince did not went trough all the hardships Lelouch faced, but he has way more actual power: Odysseus, the 1st Prince being a sissy, he is the one actually managing the Empire and the EU invasion (The Emperor doesn't seem to do much more than giving general orders, appointing his KoR to various missions and chatting with V.V. in the Sword of Akshartha).

Also Lelouch actually never directly confronted him in the whole serie, unlike Clovis or Cornelia: the only time they were closer than a mile was when he arrived in Area 11 with Avalon and tried to eliminate Zero by sacrificing Suzaku (Oh yeah!) while testing his untested Hadron Canon.

So far we haven't seen him really involved in strategy or combat, but we know that he is looking a the bigger picture: Marianne's body, Code-R project, 7th generation KMF development, "Manhattan Project", supporting the SAR, etc...

But on the other side, the KoR are NOT at his disposal!
JMvS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 00:00   Link #287
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

And Schneizel's voice acting is awesome too.

It gives off that... sense of this convincing, regal magnanimity that resonates very strongly with his listeners. Like he's a really good, understanding person, the kind of chivalrous lord you'd die for, like all sacrifices that he ask you to make he'll suffer ten times more in his heart for it. The White Prince, the King on White Horse, competent and honorable. See things normal people can't see but love them all the same.

...while the audience is fully aware that it's all deceit that hides a formidable dark side. A terrifying opponent for our Black Prince for sure. Lelouch may have a way of convincing his people with his assertions on "results," a spiffy outfit and manner, epic theatrics (always fun), and thus creating a powerful personality cult; but Schneizel can and will manipulate people to their deaths and have them thanking him and his "king's mercy" for it.

I hear some Japanese fans were quite pissed that he ended up a red herring in Season 1, that although the OP [see anime golden rule: OP's never wrong] implies that he'll be Lelouch's enemy, and Lulu himself even stated that Schneizel alone matched him in chess, nothing actually happened much between them.

People are probably rightfully wary that the new OP will still be lying, since though Schneizel occupies a prominent position in it (right before Lelouch's last scene, and looking quite resolute...implication: BIG BOSS ALERT), he might be a red herring again.

Anyway, back to Rollo: was it actually stated that Rollo gets his heart-stopper from the 2-V's or is it just speculation like usual?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 00:38   Link #288
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Anyway, back to Rollo: was it actually stated that Rollo gets his heart-stopper from the 2-V's or is it just speculation like usual?
Well, we only know of two geass givers, Rollo was working as a Britannian assassin, eliminating targets that were a hinderance to the war effort if the profiles in turn 4 are to be believed, and the current timeline makes it rather difficult for C.C. to have granted Rollo his geass (it was post Mao, and C.C. was scarred enough by that episode to stay the hell away from Lelouch until he grew up a little. It seems really unlikely she'd give it to another 6 year old. >_>)

It hasn't been stated, but it's rather highly implied.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 09:17   Link #289
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I think you're underestimating Schneizel a little.

Sure he as the 2st Prince did not went trough all the hardships Lelouch faced, but he has way more actual power: Odysseus, the 1st Prince being a sissy, he is the one actually managing the Empire and the EU invasion (The Emperor doesn't seem to do much more than giving general orders, appointing his KoR to various missions and chatting with V.V. in the Sword of Akshartha).

Also Lelouch actually never directly confronted him in the whole serie, unlike Clovis or Cornelia: the only time they were closer than a mile was when he arrived in Area 11 with Avalon and tried to eliminate Zero by sacrificing Suzaku (Oh yeah!) while testing his untested Hadron Canon.

So far we haven't seen him really involved in strategy or combat, but we know that he is looking a the bigger picture: Marianne's body, Code-R project, 7th generation KMF development, "Manhattan Project", supporting the SAR, etc...

But on the other side, the KoR are NOT at his disposal!
oh yeah my bad. they are under the emperor directly. At that schneizel being underestimated. i would say my opinion changed a little after reading your post. yes he did manage it. however, not forgetting lelouch also managed the OotBK's conquest of japan. that true. emperor does nothing but chat and sit around. xD

man i still wished lelouch haven't geass suzaku to live. thats dumb..and wished he would die in the hadron cannon fire.

hmm true. maybe he will assist lelouch in some way? maybe finding out who murder marianne.

okok. back to rollo. Seems that his geass on only last 5 seconds. however, he can use it again and again on the same person. so why not keep geassing suzaku then?
Old 2008-05-14, 09:21   Link #290
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
back to rollo. Seems that his geass on only last 5 seconds. however, he can use it again and again on the same person. so why not keep geassing suzaku then?
I was wondering the same thing, why not have kept geassing Suzaku during that phonecall?
Maybe it has some kind of cooldown?

Edit:
Cooldown would make no sense since he was using it a lot during the whole Babel Tower incident, my bad
Old 2008-05-14, 09:26   Link #291
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nourredine View Post
I was wondering the same thing, why not have kept geassing Suzaku during that phonecall?
Maybe it has some kind of cooldown?

Edit:
Cooldown would make no sense since he was using it a lot during the whole Babel Tower incident, my bad
that true. i mean if he could spam it. why not give lelouch more time to talk to nunnally. that didn't make sense.
Old 2008-05-14, 09:34   Link #292
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Edit:
A lot yes, but spamming is not really the case though. The cooldown (assuming there is one) might be short (lets say 30 seconds for example), but it is still a gap. Even a short gap between them would prevent him from chain-geassing Suzaku in a way that would allow Lelouch to carry on the conversation.
Old 2008-05-14, 09:37   Link #293
KrimzonStriker

His Geass only lasts for about a maximum of 5 seconds presumably now if his hands were any indication right?
Old 2008-05-14, 09:39   Link #294
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
His Geass only lasts for about a maximum of 5 seconds presumably now if his hands were any indication right?
I think you misunderstood
It's about after his max 5 secs wear off, he could have just geassed Suzaku again for another 5 secs and keep doing the same thing over

But as Skyfall said, that would make a lot more sense, it even could be one of his weaknesses including that he can't stop Physical reactions (Like the sniper bullet)
Old 2008-05-14, 09:45   Link #295
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
I think you misunderstood
It's about after his max 5 secs wear off, he could have just geassed Suzaku again for another 5 secs and keep doing the same thing over

But as Skyfall said, that would make a lot more sense, it even could be one of his weaknesses including that he can't stop Physical reactions (Like the sniper bullet)
Well it was a given that he did have a small time limit in between his Geass. I'm just saying it wouldn't be the most productive way to carry on a conversation while stopping midway to lie. Plus even Suzaku will start to notice somethings a bit off if Lelouch just takes his time with it >_>
Old 2008-05-14, 09:45   Link #296
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Maybe his restriction is something like: a maximum of 5s of frozen time for a certain time period, the 5s being either in one row or divided between shorter time freezes?
Old 2008-05-14, 09:46   Link #297
KrimzonStriker

I don't know, 5 seconds doesn't give you a lot of time to do much period so I don't see the point of dividing it into shorter intervals >_>
Old 2008-05-14, 09:51   Link #298
Ice_Bullet
Blood flows freely..

Quote:
I don't know, 5 seconds doesn't give you a lot of time to do much period so I don't see the point of dividing it into shorter intervals >_>
i think u misunderstood. we're saying that. why can't rollo spam his geass after the 5 sec limit. giving more time for lelouch to talk to nunnally. if he could do it at babel tower. why not now?
Old 2008-05-14, 09:54   Link #299
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
I was thinking about the scene where in episode 4 we saw Rollo's Vincent IFF signal "jump" multiple times on Lelouch's Burai display: hinting that his Geass has been used several short times.

And in the heat of a combat, 5 seconds are quite a long time, especially if you are piloting a fast moving vehicle, 1 second could mean several meters, enough to evade target aquisition several times.
Old 2008-05-14, 09:55   Link #300
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMvS View Post
I was thinking about the scene where in episode 4 we saw Rollo's Vincent IFF signal "jump" multiple times on Lelouch's Burai display: hinting that his Geass has been used several short times.
I was thinking about that too, which would throw off the whole "Cooldown" theory, but then again, it could be like you said, freezing only for a short while, and when those max 5 secs are reached then he has a short cooldown