AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-09-08, 20:34   Link #101
Runty

Thank you very much, Tak. Think you might put that translation up on a site like Mangahelpers? Maybe it could get scanlated.
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-08, 20:52   Link #102
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
Thank you very much, Tak. Think you might put that translation up on a site like Mangahelpers? Maybe it could get scanlated.
Now see, my generosity has limits...

- Tak (Ie. I am LAZY!)

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 02:26   Link #103
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Thanks Tak!

Spoiler for intermission chapter:
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-09, 03:49   Link #104
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_Durandal View Post
Spoiler for intermission chapter:
That i am.

& thanks a lot for the translation Tak.
Old 2009-09-10, 02:00   Link #105
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

Thanks for the translation Tak.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-10, 10:49   Link #106
MagicHat

Thank you three for translating chapter one, enjoyed it a lot
MagicHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-11, 14:18   Link #107
Loke49

Thank you very much ^^

So, are they still even makeing new volumes of valkyria? And I have to ask (sorry for bringing it upp here) will there be a second season of valkyria =/?
Loke49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-11, 08:54   Link #108
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post
WOOT! I finally found a raw for Volume 2 of Valkyria Chronicles!
Spoiler for Volume 02, first impressions:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
LOL That's funny.
Spoiler for Reason:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
lol yea expect Selvaria kinda exceeds this and is more her own Battalion....hell could maybe even say Regiment
Looks like i misunderstood on what Runty said.
Spoiler for Reason:
Old 2009-11-04, 00:44   Link #109
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Seems that Volume 3's out. And Wish Your Smile is one volume only. I checked up with the manga site of VC.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Yu Ominae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-04, 09:37   Link #110
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Seems that Volume 3's out. And Wish Your Smile is one volume only. I checked up with the manga site of VC.
Confirmed. For those who want proof:

http://portal.valkyria.jp/books/compa_03.shtml

Isara looks so adorable on the cover. XD

Now we just need someone to get a raw online. Volume 2 still hasn't been translated yet.

Seriously, we need to find people who will translate the mangas.
Old 2009-11-14, 18:44   Link #111
Snowman24

Excellent, really look forward to reading both the Raw of 3 and the translated of 2. I can get pretty much the jist of the story, like read 75% of it, but not good enough for 100% translation.
Snowman24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 17:14   Link #112
itrytofight

Smile

Don't know about you guys but I have volume 3 and Wish Your Smile

(SPOILER ALERT)

Wish Your Smile focuses on a Darcsen cowardly engineer by the name of Mintz. As far as I can tell his family was blown up by some terrorist action before the war, years later he joins up to fight and meets the sniper, Julius (just as quiet as Marina, like he the male version of her minus tha animals) in the Kloden Op.

From there Mintz begins to develope bonds with Oscar (durring the boot camp portions of their jobs, guess they have constant boot camp), then grows a little closer to Julius, who's little brother (sister?) looks alot like Mintz, durring an operation in a forrested region (Kloden?). Then after, he gets to know the Homer and his love for being abused by Edy, gets to know Welkin and his love of nature, and gets to know how much an ass Cezary is (he trips him, then makes fun of a letter Mintz has written.)

If you read the previews on that site I'm about to reveal, you'll start to wonder If Cezary is gay or not.

Other characters, there's stuff on Cherry and Ramona too.

(SPOILER ENDS)

For more info, see this link (click the Wish Your Smile Ling, then on chapter 5 and chapter 16 for previews): http://www.famitsu.com/air_raid/

This particular series magically makes Edy more likeable too. Well, for me anyways.

Then there's Volume 3 of senjou no Valkyria, aka Welkin and Alicia get lost in a firefight and meet with a dying Imperial mission.

(SPOILER ALERT)

Basically the Squad is sent back to Randgriz (I believe) and is ambushed. Welkin and Alicia get lost in the fray, while the others (Juno Coren and Isara among them) worry about them and search (Catherine O'Hara is seen interacting with Largo while coordinating the search) Alicia and Welkin wander till they run into a town who's citzenry is all but dead. They also run into a dying Imp.

Alicia wants him dead, but Welkin wants to help him. Welkin wins, but can't do much for the Imp, who confuses Alicia for his mother (I think). Alas Alicia, after comforting the Imp, is ashamed and faints thanks to an injury.

Welkin helps her recover, and discovers her "healing" thanks to her Valkyrian Heritage.

Next Morning, they go to bury the Imp. His comrades already found him, so they run into them. The Commander of the group, finding out what they were going to do, lets them go.

They make it back, Lynn is introduced as a new recruit (yay!) by Juno , more friction betwen Isara and Rosie. Juno Coren talks to Rosie, Juno subtly reveals her crush on Welkin and knows how close he and Alicia are getting (and does nothing, like her profile suggests). Rosie reveals something too, but I can't read Jap.

Meanwhile, Welkin reports to Main Army superior, he throws papers at him for some reason.

Alicia talks to Isara, Juno calls Alicia away and the two watch as Rosie and Isara kiss and make up (not in a literal way).

Attack, same people that let Welkin and Alicia go.

(SUPER SPOILER SUPER SPOILER SUPER SPOILER SUPER SPOILER)

In the fire fight Welkin injures the Imp CO, comfronts him, and helplessly watches as he kill himself.

Isara, after speaking to Rosie a little more, saves her from a sniper and gets shot herself, condition unknown. (Shot pretty close to the upper spine).

(SPOILER ENDS).

I'm gonna try and make a photo bucket and post a HP webcam pics of the mangas for you guys. hopefully I'll have them up tommorow.

anyways, sorry for the extra long wall of words and my inability to make spoiler tags.

Peace out
itrytofight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-21, 17:44   Link #113
Runty

Wow, that preview of Wish your Smile. Just wow. I NEED IT!!!!!

Sounds like volume 3 is really awesome. Please hurry up with the raw. PM me a link when you're finished.
Old 2009-11-21, 17:55   Link #114
itrytofight

All I have is a HP webcam built into my Laptop at the moment, and can't find a scanner anywhere. I can tell you where I bought both of them:http://stores.ebay.com/Japanese-Anim..._ipgZQQ_sasiZ1

My one request... PLEASE EMS THEM BOTH AND GET SOMEONE TO TANSLATE IT ONCE ITS RECIEVED!!!!!!

Other than that, that's all I can do.
Old 2009-11-24, 01:19   Link #115
DC20

I haven't read the manga, but...

Spoiler for Manga Vol. 2 spoiler:

I may have to now.
DC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 13:42   Link #116
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC20 View Post
I haven't read the manga, but...

Spoiler for Manga Vol. 2 spoiler:

I may have to now.
That sounds really (well, almost really) bloody familiar... I might have to scour the web for the manga as well, now, too.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 14:26   Link #117
Runty

Good news, everyone. Mangahelpers just got the raw for Volume 3. Sorry, no links (not allowed).

EDIT: Wow, this one was a lot longer than Volume 2. And IMO it was better too.
Spoiler for Volume 3:
THAT. WAS. GREAT!!!!!

Do yourselves a favor: go over to Mangahelpers, find the section for VC, and DOWNLOAD THIS RAW! I COMMAND YOU!

And please, someone find a translator. I don't care how you do it, just get one on board for this manga. We need Volume 2 and Volume 3 translated.

Last edited by Runty; 2009-11-24 at 15:21. Reason: Read the raw
Old 2009-11-24, 19:25   Link #118
KariOhki

Even though I can't read Japanese I "read" through volume 3 anyway, and man did it look good. I agree with all of Runty's points ;A;
KariOhki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-24, 20:45   Link #119
itrytofight

Glad Volume 3's up. Now I just have to pray for a translator who'll translate all of volume 2 and 3.

And I'm as sad as all of you guys over a certain someone who met his/her fate a bit too early.
Old 2009-11-25, 04:51   Link #120
don_Durandal
Zetsubou gunsou

Thanks for the notice Runty!

That rocks! Best adaptation of the story for me. Events got changed for the best. Out of all versions the manga is the one that shows the most the horrors of war.

Spoiler for vol. 3:

Now I just hope it'll be translated one day.
don_Durandal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, shounen