AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-12-11, 17:55   Link #6921
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saten_ View Post
As for the anime:

first day: One MISAKA appear before Touma and Mikoto, and Mikoto drags her.
same first day: Touma meet another MISAKA, that came from another location (Touma asked if she wasn't just dragged by Mikoto), she helps him with his refrigerants all the way to his dormitory.
second day: Touma bumps in one MISAKA and she's the one who takes the cat. Then Accelerator appear, and then we see one MISAKA Dead.
Facts:
a)MISAKA with the dead MISAKA in her arms after fight with Accelerator states that Misaka indeed died.
b)MISAKA with the dead MISAKA in her arms after fight with Accelerator states that the Misaka that Touma was in contact with was 'This Misaka', but is not clear if she speaks of herself or the dead one
c)MISAKA 10032 goes to fight Accelerator, as she clear states herself as 10032 while talking to herself about the experiment

Well, this is the confusing part. She declares that MISAKA died, but then we see 10032 fighting Accelerator and being saved by Touma. I'm well aware of the radio noise, but it's just unclear. I think that the Misaka in front of the store with the cat was 10032 then Accelerator run on her and 10031 appeared to fight.

And besides, wasn't all experiments allegedly "appointments", but she seemed very surprise of seeing Accelerator (the only solution is that there are experiments that have not "appointments")
10032 was the one he was with most of the time i guess 10031 was already there and 10032 went to" pick her up"
Old 2010-12-11, 18:03   Link #6922
Saten_
佐天涙子

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
10032 was the one he was with most of the time i guess 10031 was already there and 10032 went to" pick her up"
Yup, I know 10032 was with him most of the time, but, lol, the issue is which MISAKA is the one with Touma in front of the bookstore with the cat. So I asked if, in the novels, there was some clear state, and thus, allowing me to reorganize my other question (that would be the involvement of 10032 or 10031 in the experiment ).
Old 2010-12-11, 20:49   Link #6923
Flere821
Lurker

http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...iences_City_SS

Can someone help get some summaries for this? Or direct me to a place where I can read this in Chinese? The old site I go to that had this is no longer there and I can't remember the whole story off the top of my head ^.^;
Old 2010-12-11, 21:00   Link #6924
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post
http://toarumajutsunoindex.wikia.com...iences_City_SS

Can someone help get some summaries for this? Or direct me to a place where I can read this in Chinese? The old site I go to that had this is no longer there and I can't remember the whole story off the top of my head ^.^;
Click on the words below my signature.
Old 2010-12-11, 21:10   Link #6925
Flere821
Lurker

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Click on the words below my signature.
Ah, thank you very much
Old 2010-12-11, 21:30   Link #6926
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
that's what I thought before too, but there's the 体を張ったんじゃない, and translating it into those doesn't connect well with the next few sentence and the nuance within the scene(he fight hard so he can complaint that he's beat up and there's no reason to fight alone? That doesn't look like Kamijyou that we all know right? XD) so I edited my post and change the translation XD.

Anyway, am I right about that there's some mistranslation that completely change the whole sentence meaning?

Here's another example :

だからこそ、少年は記憶をなくした事実を隠す。|誰《だれ》かのせいだと、動かなければこんな事にはならな かったと、そんなつまらない|台詞《せりふ》を口に出して誰かを傷つけさせないために。

is translated into :

That conclusion is the real foundation that Kamijou Touma holds. Because of that, the boy hid the fact of his memory loss. That someone was at fault, if he hadn't moved it wouldn't have come to this, saying something boring like that to keep someone from getting hurt.

Isn't the bolded part is supposed to be translated into :

So that no one's gonna hurt somebody else by saying something trifling like that it's someone's fault, that if he hasn't acted he wouldn't become like now.

Reading the original translation I get a feeling that Touma hid his memory loss so that saying "That someone was at fault, if he hadn't moved it wouldn't have come to this" will keep someone from getting hurt, while from my understanding of the original japanese sentence, he thinks that saying "That someone was at fault, if he hadn't moved it wouldn't have come to this" will hurt somebody instead.
I think original is more accurate.

|誰《だれ》かのせいだと、動かなければこんな事にはならなかったとそんなつまらない|台詞《せりふ》を口 に出して誰かを傷つけさせないために。

Literal translation would be something like

That it was somebody's fault, if by not acting it would not have become like this. For the sake of not hurting others such trivial speech is made.

Doesn't the ために imply that the words were made for the reason of not hurting anyone?
Old 2010-12-11, 22:07   Link #6927
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

K. Why i like this series.
Spoiler for spoilers for LN:

etc. but minds is too tired
Old 2010-12-11, 22:37   Link #6928
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I think original is more accurate.

|誰《だれ》かのせいだと、動かなければこんな事にはならなかったとそんなつまらない|台詞《せりふ》を口 に出して誰かを傷つけさせないために。

Literal translation would be something like

That it was somebody's fault, if by not acting it would not have become like this. For the sake of not hurting others such trivial speech is made.

Doesn't the ために imply that the words were made for the reason of not hurting anyone?
Hmmm... it just doesn't make sense. Literally, it can be translated both way, but doesn't it seem strange to you that blaming other(by saying that it was somebody's fault or saying you shouldn't have acted) can be used for the sake of not hurting others? Shouldn't it be the other way(by blaming other, somebody gonna be hurt so our goody protagonist doesn't want it to happen)?
Old 2010-12-12, 05:28   Link #6929
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
Hmmm... it just doesn't make sense. Literally, it can be translated both way, but doesn't it seem strange to you that blaming other(by saying that it was somebody's fault or saying you shouldn't have acted) can be used for the sake of not hurting others? Shouldn't it be the other way(by blaming other, somebody gonna be hurt so our goody protagonist doesn't want it to happen)?
I believe the sentence you're talking about is here:

Spoiler for Too large:

If so, my translation would be:

"This conclusion is the core value that Kamijou really holds onto.

Thus, he would hide his memory loss. For/as He would not blame anyone else; if he himself didn't take action, he wouldn't have ended up in this state. He probably doesn't want others to get hurt because of some stupid comment he made." (Italics are optional)

I finished up part 10, 11 will be coming up, and hopefully, we'll have 12 in 18 hours time.
Old 2010-12-12, 08:05   Link #6930
Necorum

Quote:
I finished up part 10, 11 will be coming up, and hopefully, we'll have 12 in 18 hours time.
You are the best!!!!
Old 2010-12-12, 08:16   Link #6931
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necorum View Post
You are the best!!!!
He is, right.

Last edited by I_am_Kami; 2010-12-12 at 14:10.
Old 2010-12-12, 10:47   Link #6932
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Part 11 done. And Superman returns...

In case you're wondering, the actual link is on the last full stop

Last edited by Hell_ping; 2010-12-12 at 12:56.
Old 2010-12-12, 13:49   Link #6933
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
“I’m coming, my prey.”
I laughed when I read that part.

Wow, Acqua's arrogant.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Old 2010-12-12, 16:05   Link #6934
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Accel isn't divine he gets his wings from AIM fields i think, his ability is scientific.
Kakine is based off the dark matter theory made form around the 1920s about matter in space.
Index and fiamma.yeah. Touma belongs in there.
Accelerator and Kakine are both divine in origins
Quote:
Awakening: He awakens towards the end of volume 13 when he had a epiphany right before he was nearly killed by Kihara, and fully awakened in a fight with another "awakened" level 5, Teitoku Kakine in Volume 15, during which he displayed a massive difference in power between them. His voice began to produce strange sounds due to the processing power being shifted to calculation of vectors, leaving little for verbal speech. The Angelic nature of his ability is described as "He who wields a piece of power that equates to God." He gains the ability to control and create "imaginary vectors" and has the ability to produce black mist, said by Kakine to be the same "Dark Matter" he manipulates, that takes the form of wings that do all the vector-related calculations for him, and as a result he does not need the Misaka Network to manipulate vectors and "imaginary vectors" in his awakened form. In volume 22, due to his pillar of support being changed by an epiphany after being defeated by Touma again, he manifests white wings and a halo, turning him into an angel.

The angelic nature of his ability is described as "He who wields a piece of the Heaven that is inhabited by God", and just like Accelerator, Aiwass has shown great interest in the now torn apart body of Kakine.
  • Dark Matter (未元物質, Migen Busshitsu, lit. "Unknown Matter"), is his esper ability which allows him to create an unknown material that he uses to attack. It should be noted that the term "Dark Matter" is not to be confused with the true "Dark Matter" which is among the components of the universe. In addition, 'unknown matter' here does not mean matter that has not been discovered by humans but matter that did not exist until it was created by Kakine. The material he creates defies the Laws of Physics. His Dark Matter can even strike Accelerator with his power of Redirection, though after Accelerator taken into account 'normal' physics don't work on Kakine's ability he re-calculated and managed to reflect Kakine's Dark Matter later. During his fight after watching Accelerator's 'Awakening' he learned the real nature of his own powers and the origin of them noticing that they came from another dimensional plane and then his wings growth to a size of about 30m, but just before he could use his recently understood powers he got defeated by Accelerator.
The one is for dark matter and the other is for redirection or accelerator.
Old 2010-12-12, 16:11   Link #6935
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Accelerator and Kakine are both divine in origins
[/LIST]The one is for dark matter and the other is for redirection or accelerator.
Quote:
divine - 5 dictionary results
di·vine   
[dih-vahyn] Show IPA
adjective, -vin·er, -vin·est, noun, verb, -vined, -vin·ing.
–adjective
of or pertaining to a god, esp. the Supreme Being.
addressed, appropriated, or devoted to God or a god; religious; sacred: divine worship.
proceeding from God or a god: divine laws.
godlike; characteristic of or befitting a deity: divine magnanimity.
heavenly; celestial: the divine kingdom.
Informal . extremely good; unusually lovely: He has the most divine tenor voice.
being a god; being God: a divine person.
of superhuman or surpassing excellence
: Beauty is divine.
Obsolete . of or pertaining to divinity or theology.
–noun
a theologian; scholar in religion.
a priest or member of the clergy.

the Divine,
a.
God.
b.
( sometimes lowercase ) the spiritual aspect of humans; the group of attributes and qualities of humankind regarded as godly or godlike.
–verb (used with object)
Guess they do fall in there
Old 2010-12-12, 17:02   Link #6936
Miraluka
Banned

Accelerator is called "the one who wields of piece power that equals God".
Kakine is called "the one who wields a portion of the Heaven which is unhabited by God".

They (being the source of their powers) ARE divine.
Old 2010-12-12, 17:09   Link #6937
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
Accelerator is called "the one who wields of piece power that equals God".
Kakine is called "the one who wields a portion of the Heaven which is unhabited by God".

They (being the source of their powers) ARE divine.
Now that makes more sense. I never knew he was called that. Who give these people their names? Aiwass?

EDIT: lol i just realized we got our three espers with their comparison to god. I mean including my sig.
Old 2010-12-12, 17:52   Link #6938
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

Touma isn't an esper, though.
Old 2010-12-12, 17:54   Link #6939
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by yukirosuzuka View Post
Touma isn't an esper, though.
i know.. don't know any other way to categorize them all except the three teens from A.C.
Old 2010-12-12, 20:07   Link #6940
pampz21
ShipCore

Hmmm a God? or an entity higher than God? been comparing Touma to Ryner in LOTLH well yeah they're power both defies the meaning of a god!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen