AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-07-10, 05:58   Link #2341
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I was going to buy Lux next but seeing Zyra is the next new champ, going to save up to the 6.3k mark in case her alternate skins suck and save RP.
Old 2012-07-10, 06:42   Link #2342
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Aww but Lux is awesome Best giggles in the league...so, any news on Zyra's role? The nature-y folk are usually supports.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:00   Link #2343
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Aww but Lux is awesome Best giggles in the league...so, any news on Zyra's role? The nature-y folk are usually supports.
She's a mage with 2 Hard CCs, and a Slow according to Morello, at least one of which will be AoE.

And On Sej. AS marks because my clear time seemed rather slow if I go 0/21/9 and M. pen, what item do you start for going 9/12/9 and you take AD/Bonus minion damage, CDR, and Magic pen in offense?
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 07:26   Link #2344
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Yeah that's what I take for offense, start with regrowth pendant+pot. If you want to play reeeally safe, you can take cloth+5 but it's such a waste of gold.
Old 2012-07-10, 08:50   Link #2345
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

For the record, MPen don't work on vast majority of jungle creeps as they have 0 MR. AS would improve your clear time much better as Sejuani.

That said, Sejuani's clear time isn't really anything to write home about no matter what you do. Only decent clear times and no sustain makes her a rather iffy jungle pick, and no tanking abilities makes her a rather iffy initiator pick. I pretty much gave up on her, as her only saving grace is her pre-6 ganks are above average, but not by much because they're only slows.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 09:08   Link #2346
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
I am going to get Lux...I just don't want to wast RP on Zyra and save it for skins. Nurse Akali, Heartseeker Vayne, Officer Caitlyn and Prestigious LeBlance are the remaining skins I want but I'm waiting for them to hit the weekly specials before I bite. As for champs, Lux and LeBlanc are the only ones I don't have that I'm keen on. Zyra intrigues me - once I get to see how she rolls, I'll decide whether to bite. If I dont, my stored IP by then will cover Lux and LeBlanc anyway.
Old 2012-07-10, 10:34   Link #2347
CaptainKoto

Lux's giggle is OP. She's also really fun when you play her as AP as opposed to support, but it's annoying to be on a team with her sometimes, since it's so easy to steal kills with her. Also ult for days.

I think there's probably a good chance that Zyra will be support, but most supports make decent mid lanes too.
CaptainKoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 11:25   Link #2348
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Didn't Morello say anything like Zyra is going to be a AP mid champion? I'd been a quite since the last time we see an AP champ, isn't it? I remember the last one is Zigg.
Old 2012-07-10, 11:47   Link #2349
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Lux is the only champion that I don't build tanky in any way besides her initial RoA. Too much range on all of her skills and AP/CDR builds make her shield OP even after the nerfs it has received.

Quote:
For the record, MPen don't work on vast majority of jungle creeps as they have 0 MR. AS would improve your clear time much better as Sejuani.
True, but as most champions now have 3X+X MR at LV1 (and 4X from LV4 onwards) due to the current popular runes and changes to include many more champions who naturally get scaling MR, the bonus penetration helps with more successful ganks. Even so, I still see Sejuani as a crap-tier jungler because I hate taking my time clearing to LV6 as opposed to LV4 dragon with Fiddles.

Quote:
most supports make decent mid lanes too.
Most supports make awesome bot lanes though^^
Old 2012-07-10, 15:03   Link #2350
CaptainKoto

They do indeed make awesome bot lanes, although champs like Lulu can also be pretty efficient mid lanes.

I kinda hope Zyra really will be AP mid. It certainly has been a while, it seems. I'm definitely getting her when she's released
CaptainKoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-10, 19:43   Link #2351
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Eve and Twitch redesign
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...9#post26754549
Old 2012-07-10, 20:35   Link #2352
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Well I queue'd with a friend and some of their friends for full 5 man premade, and my friend lagged a good bit feeding their garen hard early(they had graves jungling and garen bot w/taric for who knows what reason) it ends up being at least 65 min match... after awhile were down to just nexus, their garen decided to troll thinking they'd win soon anyways(he built PDs), and then after 12 mins of not having pushed the nexus he decided to rebuy his built, and after stalling and being at over 400CS and 20k gold as cait(full built offense no boots), they tried to team fight i base w/baron buff after our 3 inhibitors had respawned, and my absolutely absurd DPS won the fight since I double killed taric and garen, ult graves to pop his GA(team picked up kill) and burned a 3rd down for another kill on nasus, then we pushed mid to win(all turrets mid were gone so just had to push nexus ones) since Teemo couldn't a 5 vs 1:

No post game stat screen, since my client bugged, but they really really should have won if they hadnt had garen troll for a little bit and let me stall to finish that build .
MAL
Old 2012-07-11, 00:29   Link #2353
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I'll never understand why people go barefoot I think I only ever did it once to get a lichbane on Zilean coz I had to BD GG, sounds like you got lucky - no mercy for anyone!
Quote:
Eve and Twitch redesign
Sounds good, now let's see how good they actually are...
Old 2012-07-11, 00:55   Link #2354
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Quote:
I'll never understand why people go barefoot I think I only ever did it once to get a lichbane on Zilean coz I had to BD GG, sounds like you got lucky - no mercy for anyone!
Sounds good, now let's see how good they actually are...
Well we had given up on baron and dragon control at that point, so I had no reason to leave our base area unless we were gonna push to win, so movement speed was a lesser issue to the the DPS gained from a second PD .

Also just had a 4 vs 5 match, make me sad I went 7/4/1 as Nidalee despite it(I killed top's turret stole their blue, took our red, jungler never connected, went bot and got a triple cause they had turret dived hard for a double kill and then took dragon after ), but bot lost bad, so we didn't have a chance despite the close score.
MAL
Old 2012-07-11, 01:14   Link #2355
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Well, bot really is the most important lane of the game, since that's where most kill trades (or feeding) take place early on. Even if mid gets farmed, you can still surprise gank a mage, but thanks to lifesteal and AS buffs, I've seen a fed Graves with 10% HP go back to 70% while killing his assailant...fun times.

Last edited by Kafriel; 2012-07-11 at 03:44.
Old 2012-07-11, 02:38   Link #2356
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Garen/Taric is an oldschool bot lane. Not saying it's as strong as a normal bot lane combo but proceed with caution against them.

No boots with 2x PD is comletely fine

I'd argue about bot lane being the most important. If top lane ever gets behind it will stay behind forever. And if you're a roaming mid like Ahri, Kassadin etc any early advantage can be huge.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-11, 03:54   Link #2357
Cream

yeah, garen x taric bot lane is pretty good. It's like Jarvan x leona bot lane.

J4 and leona botlane just stomp because all of the cc, it's insane.
Old 2012-07-11, 04:00   Link #2358
Tacoshuriken
Tasty Ninja Weapon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
yeah, garen x taric bot lane is pretty good. It's like Jarvan x leona bot lane.

J4 and leona botlane just stomp because all of the cc, it's insane.
I'd like to throw in my vote for Alistar x Blitz as the most annoying bot lane combo.
Old 2012-07-11, 04:14   Link #2359
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Leona's generally a powerful bot champ, best paired with a fast champion like Jarvan IV to proc all of her sunlight. I also like Lulu x Vayne, shield and buff leaves the latter free to tumble shoot all day long.
Old 2012-07-11, 04:34   Link #2360
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

I personally think Nautilus + Xin Zhao is the most annoying combo. Tell me how you can possibly escape them once they land a CC. They will have 3 chained on you and an exhaust or 2.

Tags
league of legends, lol