AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Psycho-Pass

Notices

View Poll Results: Psycho-Pass - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 27 43.55%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 25 40.32%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 9 14.52%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-12-14, 16:33   Link #41
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

You know, I don't think the hunting dogs are run by an actual AI. They're probably cyborgs as well.
Old 2012-12-14, 16:52   Link #42
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
You know, I don't think the hunting dogs are run by an actual AI. They're probably cyborgs as well.
That's my thought. When I first looked them two episodes ago, I thought they were hounds controlled by Senguji, and I'm pretty sure I was right.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-12-14, 17:03   Link #43
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

The two mass shootings in a week in America added a rather creepy dimension to this episode, at least for me.

But I still enjoyed this episode a lot, and I've been looking forward to it all week. I like how Butcher's taking a somewhat more subdued approach with this show, but it's good to see things finally speeding up.

"No moe" my ass. Who else wanted to give Akane a hug when Gino was chewing her out and she looked about to cry?

Spoiler for spoiler:
Old 2012-12-14, 17:46   Link #44
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyjay729 View Post
Spoiler for spoiler:
I think you've watched too much harem/romance anime
That thought hadn't even occurred to me. And frankly, I don't think Akane would have given a damn. She's not interested in Kogami romantically.
Old 2012-12-14, 18:04   Link #45
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I think you've watched too much harem/romance anime
That thought hadn't even occurred to me. And frankly, I don't think Akane would have given a damn. She's not interested in Kogami romantically.
I don't think Akane would have cared much, but it's not because she's not interested in Kogami romantically. Come on, there are plenty of signs there that Akane has some romantic feelings for Kogami.

I think that Akane has a lot of faith in Kogami. This episode makes that very clear, imo. Who did Akane turn to when she received a troubling message during the middle of the night from a friend? Did she turn to her fellow Inspector Gino? Did she turn to wise old man Tomomi? No, she turned to Kogami. That says an awful lot, in my view.

Akane would assume that her friend is running around in her underwear because of something the mastermind villains behind this did. I think Akane has enough trust in Kogami to think that he wouldn't do something like that to her friend.
Old 2012-12-14, 18:06   Link #46
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

From a technical standpoint, I don't know why they would choose to close the Ginza Subway Line. Tokyo's subways are really busy, of course, and in this show I haven't seen any evidence of any replacement transportation.
Old 2012-12-14, 18:13   Link #47
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Except Spooky Boogie talked to Akane in a private chatroom. And unless Boogie saved the chat logs, they wouldn't know what she said to Akane at the time.

But it is indeed a distinct possibility. Certainly would be a bit of a mind screw.
Talisman is the counselor/advice character. And Akane seeking his advice was public and open to a bunch of spectators.
Old 2012-12-14, 18:42   Link #48
Kirarakim

Forget about being in her underwear I have a bad feeling Akane's friend might not make it out of this alive.
Old 2012-12-14, 18:45   Link #49
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I don't think Akane would have cared much, but it's not because she's not interested in Kogami romantically. Come on, there are plenty of signs there that Akane has some romantic feelings for Kogami.

I think that Akane has a lot of faith in Kogami. This episode makes that very clear, imo. Who did Akane turn to when she received a troubling message during the middle of the night from a friend? Did she turn to her fellow Inspector Gino? Did she turn to wise old man Tomomi? No, she turned to Kogami. That says an awful lot, in my view.

Akane would assume that her friend is running around in her underwear because of something the mastermind villains behind this did. I think Akane has enough trust in Kogami to think that he wouldn't do something like that to her friend.
I think you're right, but I also agree about her having romantic feelings for Kogami. I think if she suspected him of having feelings for another woman she wouldn't have a hissy fit, but she might start acting somewhat coldly toward him; maybe even low-grade tsun-tsun.
Old 2012-12-14, 20:40   Link #50
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Pretty tense episode. We finally have our Hunter setting his sight on Kougami and the hunt was pretty awesome, filled with old school techs and convenient items provided by Makishima. Akane's friend, Yuki's involvement in this episode was rather unexpected, but very nice in giving us a view on how does Kougami interact with non-police personnel?

Despite being hunted down, Kougami seems to be in advantage, especially with the cavalry arriving soon, and I expect a last minute turnover on the crew. Reading the thread discussions, I am worried for Yuki...

Gino took a level in jerk ass eh. That was very mean of him to chew out Akane that way. I am glad that Masaoka put him back in his place. Gino looked surprised when Masaoka confronted him and the way he did it just added more fuel to the speculation that he is Gino's father. I thought Gino's character was rather inconsistent in this episode. He was mean and a jerk in one moment, and once Kougami managed to call it in, he was all gung-ho and went "We must find him no matter the cost!!!!" Wut? Unless he's like a super tsundere or something

Wait...it just occurred to me, is it possible that the call was fake?

Last edited by LightningZERO; 2012-12-14 at 20:59.
Old 2012-12-14, 21:27   Link #51
HandofFate

Maybe, don't think so. I think just starting the whole hunting game was the extent of the mastermind's interference. After that, he provided each side with tools and he just wants to observe how each side handles it all.

Wonder what a Code 108 is...
Old 2012-12-14, 22:12   Link #52
Entravity

That was intense. The hunt continues onto the next episode and really, who knows what's going to happen next?
Old 2012-12-14, 22:27   Link #53
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Forget about being in her underwear I have a bad feeling Akane's friend might not make it out of this alive.
I think it might be worse, a shotgun wound to a pretty girl face can be life shattering, expect some drama if there is a "happy" ending. At least I do not get from our cyborg any vibes that he wants to kill them quickly, he wants to extract as much anguish from his victims as possible.
Old 2012-12-14, 22:36   Link #54
Reincarnated
World Inverse Creator

Given how bad Gino's attitude is, I wonder if his hue is getting cloudy already..
Old 2012-12-14, 22:43   Link #55
andyjay729
YOU EEDIOT!!!

Maybe I'm obsessing on the inconsequential, but about that abandoned subway line. They said there'd been a lot of redevelopment in that area, but that area seemed to look like the South Bronx 30 years ago. Does anyone wonder if there's been an economic downturn or something, and if maybe that had something to do with the development of Sybil?
Old 2012-12-14, 23:46   Link #56
stassy

I checked the previous ep again, and I completely forgot that cyborg-guy is the chairman of the suburb underground redevelopment plan.

Considering he is quite old already, then it can make sense that he left this area as it is in order to make his little playground...
Old 2012-12-14, 23:53   Link #57
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Maybe, although there was that area in the first episode as well which seemed like it was mostly abandoned except for homeless people. Maybe Japan's birthrate kept going down and it cause the economy to shrink and a lot of places got abandoned like that?
Old 2012-12-14, 23:55   Link #58
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

My bet is that the area has radioactive levels (like Chernobyl) which nowadays might not endanger visitors, but living there represents a long term health hazard.
Old 2012-12-15, 10:24   Link #59
Allium
Keep on keeping on

What a fast-paced ride that was. Nothing short of thrilling or exciting along the way, and then it just had to end with that cliffhanger. That game was so intricately set-up by Senguji, and even watching Kougami and Yuki run around kept me at the edge of my seat.

Gino's showing his tsun side more often now - his remark about Kougami running away was clearly meant to agitate Akane, although as proven by the preceding scene, he was obviously concerned about Kougami. I was glad and relieved when Masaoka intervened.

I'd like to see Yuki survive, but with Urobutcher around I'm a bit doubtful about that. Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next episode, I'm sure it'll be as action-packed as this one.
Old 2012-12-15, 10:37   Link #60
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

She definitely has faith in Kogami and respects him a lot. She also thinks he's very attractive (remember when she checked out his abs so blatantly? ) but I don't think she has any romantic interest in him, at least not yet. Her reaction when her friends implied as much was pretty telling, imo.

That said, even if we assume she does have romantic feelings for him, Akane is smart enough not to misunderstand the situation.