AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-15, 12:27   Link #2001
Utsuro no Hako

I had no problem with the mixture of comedy and drama and found this episode far, far better than the previous arc.

But I have to wonder where they got the kiddy clothes. They can't know how old they're going to end up, so they'd have to have outfits to cover every eventuality -- buying them would be expensive, and I can't imagine they still have outfits from elementary school at the homes (plus Iori and Yui weren't lugging big sacks of clothes with them when they went to the abandoned building).
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 12:34   Link #2002
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Show is full of awesomeness. I can't see a single reason to curse.
Because there's something wrong when your show comes off as a Key anime trying to be Glee without the music. For all the talk I've been hearing about how it tackles serious issues, it tackles them in such a cliche, banal way and has an annoying tendency to stick to the status quo.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 12:39   Link #2003
Blaat

Something tells me that number two's introduction caused an aneurysm within PocariSweat, high blood pressure caused by too much raging does that to you.
I wish him a speedy recovery.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Congratulations, Aoki, after eleven episodes you finally get a backstory and character development.

Too bad you're still boring.
He's still an one trait (really likes a girl) character though.
Old 2012-09-15, 12:54   Link #2004
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol, when I watched that first scene, at first I was wondering when Inaba was going to wake up but it didn't turn out to be a dream after all.

Interesting introduction. So now there's two Heartseeds and this one wants to mess with Taichi. Unlike the regular we don't have the privilege of assuming this one is going to be nice so it would be interesting to see what would happen (though I'm guessing nothing is actually going to happen after all).

New issues are beginning to surface and Aoki's character is continuing to be developed along with everyone else. And as always, I'm enjoying the comedy too.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 13:02   Link #2005
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawfinder View Post
Because there's something wrong when your show comes off as a Key anime trying to be Glee without the music. For all the talk I've been hearing about how it tackles serious issues, it tackles them in such a cliche, banal way and has an annoying tendency to stick to the status quo.
Overestimation is not the show's problem.
It tackles issues that are common for teenagers and that are serious from their point of view.
All of those are bound to be "such a cliche".
Old 2012-09-15, 13:09   Link #2006
EroKing

Episode 11 freebies.
Old 2012-09-15, 13:20   Link #2007
HandofFate

Enjoying the start of this arc a lot more.

The mix of comedy was pretty good. The whole situation also seems a lot more room for light-heartedness. Its interesting how there's actually a big range of ages to choose from.

Amusing how Taichi is to be the parent and seems like he won't be turning into a kid at all this arc. Guess that just means he has no big trauma as a kid? lol.

Also when they turn into kids, they're kind of going back into the past in their minds to relive their days.

Aoki starting to get a bit more character, starting to get more interesting.
Yui will probably remember her love for karate/also will probably revert to age right after her incident with the molester and she would be in super androphobia mode as well.
Shy inaba was cute.

Looking forward to more Iori going all Persona more.
Old 2012-09-15, 13:43   Link #2008
ookamigirl

OMG! Looks like Heartseed played a new trick on them.
Well, at least they got rid of the unleashed desires thing.
Kids versions were pretty cute ^^
The fact that Heartseed has two personalities now is not good.
Seems like each time 2 others transformed into kids between 12 & 5 p.m.
It was fun watching them ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 14:03   Link #2009
Sakanaka Shouko

In my opinion, this arc is gonna be the best of the whole series.
This first episode was so fun that now I understand why Heartseed loves to watch them.

I'm looking forward to more!!!!

P.S: Kid Himeko is astonishly cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 11 freebies.
I'll use this one. Thanks, Eroking-kun! ^_^
Old 2012-09-15, 14:04   Link #2010
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Inaban in love is funny. "And the guy who's pretty handsome is...".
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 14:09   Link #2011
Sakanaka Shouko

It was really funny when Himeko asked Taichi if he likes to be called Onii-chan.

Also, the new ending song is awesome.
Old 2012-09-15, 14:11   Link #2012
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

It's interesting that by the structure of the arc, KC is effectively acknowledging Taichi as an avatar and not a true character. And not only that, acknowledging his "white knight" persona, quite literally. It's irritating that we're again robbed of potentially seeing what might have made Taichi the way he is by his exclusion from the reversions, but perhaps there's an outside chance that his outsider status will enlighten his character in a different way.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 14:26   Link #2013
ZGMF-X10A
Tsukiyomi -Moon Phase-

Send a message via MSN to ZGMF-X10A
episode 11 was pretty good. Chibii Nagase and Inaban are so cute. I just melted.
Old 2012-09-15, 14:31   Link #2014
Blonto

A word of advice to Flawfinder. If this show isn't to your taste, just don't watch it. There's no reason to subject yourself to watching a show you don't like and then come here repeating how you don't like it. Yes, the show could've been much better. But it doesn't mean it's bad just because it didn't live up to the hype.

This was an ok episode for me. I guess it was about time they focused on Aoki, but it's not like I expected him to be developed independent of his crush on Yui, so I'll just take whatever I can get. I did like some of the things he said this episode. I imagine it wouldn't be easy re-living being in love with another person and then switching back to being in love with who you're currently interested in, especially if you still have a more idealistic view of love. But I'll be damned if the show explores that issue further. It reminded me of Iori's speech to Taichi about what makes someone what they are, an issue that was also underrepresented.
I also wish the characters got more development. I mean, neither Inaba nor Iori took any steps forwards or backwards since we got introduced to their issues. I'm glad their problems didn't just disappear but as it is they seem to just be there.

I really don't get why the love triangle is still up in the air. I'll just tell myself it's because the relationship between Taichi and Iori wasn't very genuine in the first place.
Also, lol at the show actually acknowledging Taichi as a white knight and again going out of its way to make him 'the' MC.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 14:53   Link #2015
Flawfinder
Loves the Experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blonto View Post
A word of advice to Flawfinder. If this show isn't to your taste, just don't watch it. There's no reason to subject yourself to watching a show you don't like and then come here repeating how you don't like it. Yes, the show could've been much better. But it doesn't mean it's bad just because it didn't live up to the hype.
Funny how nobody said that to the complainers of E7 Ao or the last few episodes of Kids on the Slope. First of all, I keep the complaints to the specific episode I see. I only talk about the show as a whole when I'm replying to someone. I wouldn't have commented on this episode if it wasn't for the fact that even by KC's standards, I didn't think it was very good. From what I remember, the latest episodes I commented on was 9 (which I almost liked, until I saw that stupid line), 10 (which was awful and forced), and this (which had really jarring transitions between comedy and drama). I never commented on anything else after Episode 5 from my memory. Plus, you'd think the "dance biases" comment I made would clue people in not to take me all that seriously. As for not subjecting myself to it...I watch worse anime than Kokoro Connect about once every week, plus I'm this far in. I might as well see it through to the end and see how this arc plays out.

And what hype? I was never hyped for this show. I only watched it because I wanted to give it a chance based on the fact that it's Silver Link (whose shows I've never liked), the premise, the fact that I kind of liked it until Episode 4, and its own popularity. I also have a friend who likes KC that I want to debate with, because I'm strange like that.

Basically, what I'm saying is that I would never take your Kokoro Connect away from you. Its yours. You can have it.

My Awesome Anime Blog: Standing On My Neck
Flawfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 15:13   Link #2016
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

i kinda find off the fact that hearthseed can change the group physically too, but loli inaba was able to touch my small moe gland so im okay with that, at first the whole thing seemed quite dull, but when i found that they reverted in more than one way it bacame very interesting, specially after watching the 11yo aoki and the 14yo iori.
Old 2012-09-15, 15:48   Link #2017
Blonto

I have to add that I really don't like how violent Inaba got. I've always hated that anime cliche when a girl who's not in a relationship with the guy punishes the guy for showing any semblance of interest in someone who isn't her (or even worse, when the guy gets punished for other girls showing interest in him).
Lady, I think I should be the one to decide whether I'm interested in you.

Last edited by Blonto; 2012-09-15 at 16:04.
Blonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 16:00   Link #2018
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 11 freebies.
Be claiming this one.

Last edited by Mura; 2012-09-15 at 16:39. Reason: Gomenasai, Sume-chan
Mura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 16:03   Link #2019
Sumeragi
Banned

I already did so.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-15, 16:36   Link #2020
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
Oh, didn't even see that. I'll take another one then.

Tags
body swapping, comedy, drama, romance, shounen, slice of life