AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 08:33   Link #281
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Nice to see that Ryuu-Rogue is releasing episodes alot faster, and with AVIs available immediately.....
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 19:21   Link #282
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 36: The Laughing Hunter! Wood Spirit General Zamielemon

I've got to say that Zamielemon's demise was dissappointingly anti-climatic.

Spoiler:

The tactics, on the other hand, consolidated once again Taiki's position as the chief strategist leader. Taking advantage of Kiriha's pre-emptive absence from the previous episode to have the latter go after Zamielemon's supply of digi-Honey, turned the tides against Zamielemon.

Although Zamielemon's compensated his gargantuan body-size with his flash-thunder speed, his body at the end proved to be too much frail; all attack and no defense.
The fact is that unlike the previous two Death Generals Zamielemon had most of his crucial weaknesses covered. For example, the digi-Honey worked to his favor by making him mini-small in order to avoid the enemy's fire. Even with his digi-Honey destroyed, his giant's size did not proved him to be a detriment due to his speed.

Anyways, this mini-arc is far from over because Kiriha spotted and told the others about sighting...
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 17:59   Link #283
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 37: Why, Little Brother?! The Enemy General Yuu's Nightmare

The thirty-seventh episode became remarkable for returning the plot to horror-suspense and somber mood, making one of the darkest episodes as far the show has come.

There's some evil in Yuu that makes him quite haunting, as Nene sensed before with her very heart.

I have to point out that the animation went off places, particularly regarding Nene and Yuu's flashback & Lilithmon's fused mode.

Spoiler:

Poor Lilithmon. Out of all the Seven Demon Lords who had guest-starred in the previous Digimon series, she got the short-end of the stick.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-12, 02:00   Link #284
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Episode 40 in english subs soon? I think it aired this week......
Old 2011-06-17, 00:01   Link #285
carcanclaw
Kitty?

So every season I like to watch at least one show that I'm not 100% convinced will be good (stuff like Basquash and Heroman). I've only seen seasons 1-3 of Digimon, back in my middle school years when the dubs aired on Fox.

This show is pretty good though! While the monsters are pretty over-designed, probably so they make better toys, they have interesting personalities to make up for it. Lilithmon is my favorite so far, too bad she's doomed to die a wimpy death like most comic-relief villains in this type of show. :/

I'm still excited to see what they'll be doing for the last 20 or so episodes, since the villain-of-the-week format can only last them another four or five episodes before Baguramon and DarkKnightmon are all that's left.

Speaking of those two.... has anyone seen this? I'm a bit disappointed, since I was hoping we'd see a more clever twist towards the end.

Spoiler for Massive Final Villain Spoilers:
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 04:06   Link #286
ShiroiRyu

Hum ... Not Disappointed, why ?
Because i think he is badass.
Not like the ugly MaloMyotismon from the end of the season 2.
Anyways, want episode 40.
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-17, 10:01   Link #287
carcanclaw
Kitty?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for Final Villain?:
carcanclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 18:03   Link #288
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 38: Mysterious Cyber Land! The Belle of Steel Village

I'm closing in guys!

The episodes featuring Cyber Land are bringing a new pack of nostalgic memories since some digimon classics returned for this series in the likes of Whamon, Andromon, and MetalTyranomon.

Spoiler:

This was a first for me hearing a Death General giving a technical explanation of the techniques it employs to trap and confuse its enemies.

Ok. The so innocent and seemingly harmless, little girl Ruka provided an unbounded galore of comedy slapstick and splashtick to no ends. The gags with the door and servicing the food to our heroes just to get blown the last minute by Dorulumons' reflexes were priceless.

And it was good to watch Dorulumon back in a speaking role, concerning its uneasiness towards Ruka.

Spoiler:
Old 2011-06-18, 18:20   Link #289
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Well it wasn't just being ugly that made MaloMyotismon such a fail villain for the end of season 2. Though really I had so many complaints about season 2 that they could have used anyone for the final villain and I wouldn't have been happy.

Do think that this final villain looks pretty good. Still a ways off from any final showdowns, but should be good. Overall think Xros Wars has gone above my expectations at the start. Not my favorite of the series, but definitely ahead of quite a few of the others.
Old 2011-06-19, 00:40   Link #290
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

OnlineDigimon released Episode 40, but I think I'll wait for Ryuu-Rogue's encode.....
Old 2011-06-19, 04:21   Link #291
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Overall think Xros Wars has gone above my expectations at the start. Not my favorite of the series, but definitely ahead of quite a few of the others.
I agree. Adventure and Tamers are still my personal favourites and I rather doubt Xros Wars will be able to surpass either of them at this point, but the series is just so darned entertaining that it easily lands in 3rd place at the moment... The fact that it's the first Digimon-series with a half-decent budget doesn't hurt either.

I will say though, there are some definite issues with the writing, mainly in regards to lack of focus. Akari and Zenjirou were just... there through the entire first half of the show and only occasionally did anything useful, and then, rather than trying to give them anything useful to do, the writers just cut them out of the series alltogether in order to give Kiriha and Nene more screentime... And I'd like to point out that even after 39 episodes, we still don't really know much about Kiriha, either... Also, the pacing is sometimes pretty awful. Especially in the Sword Zone episode, which really should have been two or three episodes instead, because the beginning was just a complete mess, and Bugramon's spontaneous "GTFO MY WORLD!!!"-thing at the end was, well, spontaneous.
Old 2011-06-19, 04:35   Link #292
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well it wasn't just being ugly that made MaloMyotismon such a fail villain for the end of season 2. Though really I had so many complaints about season 2 that they could have used anyone for the final villain and I wouldn't have been happy.

Do think that this final villain looks pretty good. Still a ways off from any final showdowns, but should be good. Overall think Xros Wars has gone above my expectations at the start. Not my favorite of the series, but definitely ahead of quite a few of the others.
For me, Season 2 have the best insert song and "ending" because, yes, i was fucking sad for "him" if you know i speak about who.

Anyways for the 40, i never thought about this twist. XD
Old 2011-06-22, 00:32   Link #293
gameboy234

Op2 is great. Been waiting for this. Imo it is even better than the anime vers.
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 00:40   Link #294
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
I agree. Adventure and Tamers are still my personal favourites and I rather doubt Xros Wars will be able to surpass either of them at this point, but the series is just so darned entertaining that it easily lands in 3rd place at the moment... The fact that it's the first Digimon-series with a half-decent budget doesn't hurt either.

I will say though, there are some definite issues with the writing, mainly in regards to lack of focus. Akari and Zenjirou were just... there through the entire first half of the show and only occasionally did anything useful, and then, rather than trying to give them anything useful to do, the writers just cut them out of the series alltogether in order to give Kiriha and Nene more screentime... And I'd like to point out that even after 39 episodes, we still don't really know much about Kiriha, either... Also, the pacing is sometimes pretty awful. Especially in the Sword Zone episode, which really should have been two or three episodes instead, because the beginning was just a complete mess, and Bugramon's spontaneous "GTFO MY WORLD!!!"-thing at the end was, well, spontaneous.
I'm completely with you here. I probably would slot it in third behind Adventure and then Tamers. Having a decent budget doesn't hurt that's for sure. Think they've done a pretty good job with the music as well. The only one I haven't been a fan of being the theme for X5.

Would agree there has been lacking background info behind Kiriha. Still we're only left guessing at what the event was that made him look at things this way. It's something about his parents though whether they died or it was something else is uncertain. They've given him some attention like when Taiki returned to the digital world and when he told Nene she had to get stronger to defeat sadness. There is still room for development since he's still willing to just walk off and go solo when he doesn't like how things are going. Have to think that in the next worlds they go to that we'll get into his head some more. Do wonder if they are going to do much more than lightly hint at things between Kiriha and Nene. Can say he does some reckless things when it comes to her and she's one of the few that can get through to him. Can easily finish the series without doing that though.

One of my main issues at the start was how Akari and Zenjirou were probably going to be handled. They didn't get a Xros Loader and anyone that joined their 'group' was going to be working with Taiki. It seemed safe to assume they were going to be mostly useless and that's kind of what happens. Sure they had some moments, but they mostly were just there. Instead of figuring out what to do they get left behind though they might show up right at the end in some form. I know they were going to have Nene and Kiriha join up, but it's not like Digimon series haven't found a way to work with groups of larger than 3 people. Can't really even say it's fine since they weren't too interesting, since the series mostly made them that way.
Quote:
For me, Season 2 have the best insert song and "ending" because, yes, i was fucking sad for "him" if you know i speak about who.

Anyways for the 40, i never thought about this twist. XD
No complaints about the insert song and think the first season had some nice music going on there. Think I never really forgave Season 2 for having the original cast around, but using them like that. Either have them in the series or make something completely new. It pretty much forces you to compare the main characters for each series and that's not a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gameboy234 View Post
Op2 is great. Been waiting for this. Imo it is even better than the anime vers.
Honestly I like the original OP a bit more than the second OP, but still a good song.
Old 2011-06-23, 10:57   Link #295
Vegard Aune

So, on another topic entirely, you might have heard that the single for the latest evolution-themes in the series came out a few days ago... Well, I just finished translating the first track.
Spoiler for "Evolution & Digixros ver.TAIKI" - Kanji:

Spoiler for "Evolution & Digixros ver.TAIKI" - Romaji:

Spoiler for "Evolution & Digixros ver.TAIKI" - English:

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2011-08-06 at 13:38.
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-23, 11:14   Link #296
ShiroiRyu

Never know about this.
Where we can found it ?
And we don't have a insert song about our blond guy too ?
I thought he was different.
Anyways, What Ryuurogue doing ?
Old 2011-06-23, 11:24   Link #297
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Never know about this.
Where we can found it ?
...CDJapan or any other store that sells anime-related CDs?

Quote:
And we don't have a insert song about our blond guy too ?
I thought he was different.
Indeed there was. As well as a remix of We Are Xros Heart that somehow managed to be so ungodly awesome that it makes the original seem downright mediocre by comparison. I just hadn't been able to track down the official lyrics for those at the time. But now I have, so... here they are.
Spoiler for "Evolution & Digixros ver. KIRIHA":

Spoiler for "We Are Xros Heart! ver. X7":

Last edited by Vegard Aune; 2011-08-06 at 13:38.
Vegard Aune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-25, 03:00   Link #298
ShiroiRyu

Quote:
...CDJapan or any other store that sells anime-related CDs?
I always forget for this one and always remember it when i need to know when the OP/ED songs coming out.
Thanks a lot anyways. ^^
Old 2011-06-25, 16:13   Link #299
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Episode 39: Xros Heart Close to Dividing !? The Water Tiger General's Foul Trap!!

As far with the releases coming and going, only thing left to do is to wait patiently, though certainly I'm no one's dad to say that.

Ok. Moving on with the review...

The fortieth episode marks the end of the Water Tiger General's reign of terror.

A lesson imparted and delivered in this arc revolves around trusting, even when dire situations need to put our trust in stranger that other members of group may find suspicious with a high likelihood.

To be honest, when Taiki deduced Splashmon's foul strategy by using Ruka since the beginning they've arrived and played all the way to the end, then I thought that Taikis' skills are unfeasibly convenient. After all, even early teenagers must have as well their own set of limitations; suspension of disbelief must be acceptably enforced from time to time.

Spoiler:

Thankfully, Taiki's forewarning enabled the whole of Xros Heart to avert Splashmon's foul deceit and machinations, preventing from splitting up and playing to the Death General's way.

A detail to notice is that each pair of Death Generals our heroes have faced share a common characteristic:
- Dorpick and NeoMyotismon had either a weakness or an irrational fear towards a specific item or Digimon breed.
- Zamielemon and Splashmon played the Giant's Mask card to make themselves bigger or returning to their giant size.
Old 2011-06-25, 16:33   Link #300
gameboy234

Taiki appear to be strong mentally . Wonder will we see him in despair..
gameboy234 is offline   Reply With Quote