AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-05-15, 23:10   Link #201
Lanis

Something I've noticed for a while now. The bridge bunny with the purple hair. What's up with her eyes? She looks like some sort of bug.

The mysterious VF that shows in up in episode 7 also looks almost exactly like the VFs that the Anti-UN forces used in Macross Zero!
Old 2008-05-15, 23:21   Link #202
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanis View Post
Something I've noticed for a while now. The bridge bunny with the purple hair. What's up with her eyes? She looks like some sort of bug.

The mysterious VF that shows in up in episode 7 also looks almost exactly like the VFs that the Anti-UN forces used in Macross Zero!
The purple one does indeed have a superficial resemblance to the SV-51 piloted by Nora. Beyond that, its battroid form was completely different. We will have to wait and see just how 'similar' the two units are.

On the other hand, I am willing to bet Mr. Mysterious here is

Spoiler for Heh heh heh:

- Tak
Old 2008-05-15, 23:21   Link #203
glyph

Quote:
She just has beady eyes. That one scientist guy (Emil Lang in Robotech) on the SDF Macross had them too. Although I think they made up some weird explanation for that in Robotech.
Old 2008-05-15, 23:22   Link #204
Wesley84

Quote:

Macross Galaxy; proud sponsor of the Anti-UN forces?

Or maybe it's just homage.
Old 2008-05-15, 23:31   Link #205
Lanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
The purple one does indeed have a superficial resemblance to the SV-51 piloted by Nora. Beyond that, its battroid form was completely different. We will have to wait and see just how 'similar' the two units are.

On the other hand, I am willing to bet Mr. Mysterious here is

Spoiler for Heh heh heh:

- Tak

I wouldn't say just superficial. The way its wings stay out but bent in battroid form, the way the wings are bent in that split second you see it in gerwalk mode before in flies away at the end, the forward swept winglets next to the cockpit, even the general shape of the wings themselves. Anyone got some screen shot comparisons out there?
Old 2008-05-15, 23:34   Link #206
Lanis

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
She just has beady eyes. That one scientist guy (Emil Lang in Robotech) on the SDF Macross had them too. Although I think they made up some weird explanation for that in Robotech.
Just beady? Her entire eyes are all black!
Old 2008-05-15, 23:42   Link #207
ReddyRedWolf

Hmmm... Maybe another race that joined the UN like the Zolan. (Macross 7 Dynamite)

Or another Zentradi decent.

edit:

Could Sheryl's earings be made of the same material as those rocks at Mayan island?

Assuming she is born or adopted by the Nome clan.

A little piece of home so to speak as they remember what's left of their culture.

Last edited by ReddyRedWolf; 2008-05-16 at 02:35.
Old 2008-05-16, 04:59   Link #208
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Yeah i've noticed them too, i assumed they were either:

1) Cybernetic implants
2) She's another "genetically-compatible" species of humanoid. i.e. Zolan, Meltrandi

While Frontier bans implants, im sure if it's for medical purposes, then it'll be allowed.

Just like certain A-class drugs can be prescribed by doctors.

Then again i do like the Alien idea, not impossible either.

She looks like the adventurous type, willing to leave her home planet and seek an exciting life in amongst the stars.

Old 2008-05-16, 05:01   Link #209
Kikuchi

With several references to Macross Zero appearing here and there, I refuse to believe Sheryl is not connected to Zero's Nomes, personnally.
Old 2008-05-16, 05:05   Link #210
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kikuchi View Post
With several references to Macross Zero appearing here and there, I refuse to believe Sheryl is not connected to Zero's Nomes, personnally.
With several references to Macross 7 appearing here and there, I refuse to believe Ranka is not connected to 7's Basara, personally.

Old 2008-05-16, 05:06   Link #211
Kikuchi

I'm talking about Sheryl's NAME, dude.
Old 2008-05-16, 05:21   Link #212
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
Yeah i've noticed them too, i assumed they were either:

1) Cybernetic implants
2) She's another "genetically-compatible" species of humanoid. i.e. Zolan, Meltrandi
Her eyes are not all black, seen in close up shots like the one where she goes "That's sexual harassment, isn't it?" in Episode 6), it's just that her eyes are permanently squinty while her pupil are drawn the same (oversized) size as everyone else.
Old 2008-05-16, 06:21   Link #213
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Her eyes are not all black, seen in close up shots like the one where she goes "That's sexual harassment, isn't it?" in Episode 6), it's just that her eyes are permanently squinty while her pupil are drawn the same (oversized) size as everyone else.
i've seen the HD raws and yeah they are brown, the pupil are big, but it's the shape of her eyes, they are so slim, moon like.

at one point the pupil filled the entire eye, thus in the SD version it looked like it was all black.

Yeah, doesn't look cybernetics, but doesn't mean they don't do it at frontier.

I think it's just a off source-animator quirk that went......funny.
Old 2008-05-16, 07:57   Link #214
ipernorris

The dude here doesn't seem to be alone, I noticed ONLY now:
Spoiler for The purple dude:

It seems there is another faction after all...
Old 2008-05-16, 09:36   Link #215
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
Spoiler for Episodes 7-10:
Wait, what? I better hope she survives.
Old 2008-05-16, 10:11   Link #216
ipernorris

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Wait, what? I better hope she survives.
I hope not. Some drama is needed and a named characters needs to die soon and Klein Klan is a good start. Then there is Ozma as a good candidate to die.
Old 2008-05-16, 10:27   Link #217
ReddyRedWolf

Call me persistent.

Could Sheryl's earings be made of the same material as those rocks at Mayan island?

Assuming she is born or adopted by the Nome clan.

A little piece of home so to speak as they remember what's left of their culture.

Also Sheryl's mother may have a connection to Ranka's family.
Old 2008-05-16, 11:13   Link #218
squaresphere
Macross Lifer!

I was under the impression that the rock's weren't special and the effect was due to the singing. For another anime analogy, it's like how rocks float when DBZ character power up.
Old 2008-05-16, 12:49   Link #219
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
I wouldn't say just superficial. The way its wings stay out but bent in battroid form, the way the wings are bent in that split second you see it in gerwalk mode before in flies away at the end, the forward swept winglets next to the cockpit, even the general shape of the wings themselves. Anyone got some screen shot comparisons out there?
Yeah I noticed how the wings looked in gerwalk mode and was like awesome!
Old 2008-05-16, 14:01   Link #220
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
I hope not. Some drama is needed and a named characters needs to die soon and Klein Klan is a good start. Then there is Ozma as a good candidate to die.
Eh, she hasnīt been fleshed out yet enough to be an "important" death. Iīd think Luca would be better, if we have to begin killing off people so soon.
Closed Thread

Tags
speculation, spoilers