Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-15, 18:57   Link #1961
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to MercFH
Ya know......despite being an Ecchi manga......after re-reading the manga I really dont notice that many pantsu shots......
I mean the Anime had to up the level by at least 60x.
cause I mean usually the area's would be like darkened out under the girls skirts and stuff.....and season 2 of the manga only really ecchi part was Yukari suggesting that they have a threesome......and even that wasn't that bad.
honestly I cant remember any MAJOR ecchi parts shown? or is that just me
if there were PLEASE point them out because I cannot remember (im just trying to compare the ecchiness to The manga and anime) but I can't remember the earlier manga well enough
MercFH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 19:44   Link #1962
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFH View Post
Ya know......despite being an Ecchi manga......after re-reading the manga I really dont notice that many pantsu shots......
I mean the Anime had to up the level by at least 60x.
cause I mean usually the area's would be like darkened out under the girls skirts and stuff.....and season 2 of the manga only really ecchi part was Yukari suggesting that they have a threesome......and even that wasn't that bad.
honestly I cant remember any MAJOR ecchi parts shown? or is that just me
if there were PLEASE point them out because I cannot remember (im just trying to compare the ecchiness to The manga and anime) but I can't remember the earlier manga well enough
well there was the copycat in se2, aside from that there wasnt any other frames with such material.
X207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 20:01   Link #1963
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

One reasons why R+V doesn't stay loyal to the manga...It needs to be original and must not be completely based on the manga like other animes, it's like saying it's a new R+V so to speak. So it has a fresh new feel. But seeing many are indeed in love with the manga they always compare it to the anime.

Also like Tony Stark said before lunching the Jericho "Is it too much to ask for both?" I like the anime and manga character design and development since I look at the ecchi, but I still go into the story plot wise. So I'll go for both.

also for the no cross animation error, I found the answer.

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=621

Last edited by kenjiharima; 2008-05-15 at 20:02. Reason: typo
kenjiharima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 20:21   Link #1964
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by X207 View Post
well there was the copycat in se2, aside from that there wasnt any other frames with such material.
Copycat? can u explain moar perhaps in a spoiler tag or something....what was shown?
Old 2008-05-15, 21:21   Link #1965
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Copycat? can u explain moar perhaps in a spoiler tag or something....what was shown?
se2 ch 4-6
im gonna keep it short and with as few spoilers/details as possible, though general plot is mentioned
for those who dont want to open the spoiler, kurumu's bare chest is shown. though apparently for some reason other ppl got scans with a bra shown.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-15, 21:35   Link #1966
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Oh i see i see
Is that about the worst........it's gotten in the manga.
or is there another time it's worser (are nipples shown...or just liek......ya know ...)
Old 2008-05-15, 21:53   Link #1967
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Oh i see i see
Is that about the worst........it's gotten in the manga.
or is there another time it's worser (are nipples shown...or just liek......ya know ...)
when i said bare i meant all details were shown in ch4-6 se2. aside from that the worst is the usual panty shots and groping. its seen up close in 1 frame and then near the back in the folowing frame.
Old 2008-05-15, 21:59   Link #1968
MercFH
I can't win this one
*Fansubber

Oh i see....well at least thats the worst they go
i dont like it when stuff goes OVERBOARD lol

Btw on the Covers of the Manga (like displayed on the first page of this forum)
the last 4 are for season 2.....right?
Old 2008-05-15, 22:02   Link #1969
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
One reasons why R+V doesn't stay loyal to the manga...It needs to be original and must not be completely based on the manga like other animes,
It didn't NEED to be original, in fact this series would have done a lot better if they had followed the manga more. However by turning into an ecchi fest and throwing the story out the window they alienate a lot of those that would of been fans for it, in otherwords those that read the manga.

Look at the Vampire Knight adaptation, thats the way RtV should have been done.

I don't mind originality in adaptations, however there are limits to what should be changed.
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 03:39   Link #1970
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Yeah, the fact that the anime threw out the plot for the most part, out of the window, really broke the anime... hopefully they'll remedy it in the next season... granting that the rumors are true that is.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 07:46   Link #1971
Nemuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
Yeah, the fact that the anime threw out the plot for the most part, out of the window, really broke the anime... hopefully they'll remedy it in the next season... granting that the rumors are true that is.
What rumor? care to share it? (hopefully in a spoiler tag).
Nemuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 07:50   Link #1972
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamat's Disciple View Post
It didn't NEED to be original, in fact this series would have done a lot better if they had followed the manga more. However by turning into an ecchi fest and throwing the story out the window they alienate a lot of those that would of been fans for it, in otherwords those that read the manga.

Look at the Vampire Knight adaptation, thats the way RtV should have been done.

I don't mind originality in adaptations, however there are limits to what should be changed.
Something fresh and new in the anime. The ecchi fanservice and taking off some of the story plot based on the manga maybe the ploy to go buy the manga itself or read it, one reason why it's not that loyal to the manga story.

But we'll see in season2.

Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-16, 08:17   Link #1973
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemuru View Post
What rumor? care to share it? (hopefully in a spoiler tag).
Search through this thread, we were talking about it some time ago. I don't remember it off hand.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 08:35   Link #1974
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Something fresh and new in the anime. The ecchi fanservice and taking off some of the story plot based on the manga maybe the ploy to go buy the manga itself or read it, one reason why it's not that loyal to the manga story.

But we'll see in season2.

Spoiler:
Nope, i have both the raw and the scanlated versions of that chapter, she's braless in both

As for the rest, not really. Alienating a huge garunteed audiance is always a bad thing. While the anime may influence people to go buy the manga, it's not really going to take off if the fans of the manga don't buy it because they feel it's been butchered.

Most fans don't mind originality, if it's done right. RtV is a perfect example of how NOT to do it.
Old 2008-05-16, 09:20   Link #1975
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Nope, i have both the raw and the scanlated versions of that chapter, she's braless in both

As for the rest, not really. Alienating a huge garunteed audiance is always a bad thing. While the anime may influence people to go buy the manga, it's not really going to take off if the fans of the manga don't buy it because they feel it's been butchered.

Most fans don't mind originality, if it's done right. RtV is a perfect example of how NOT to do it.
Quote:
Spoiler:
ty i was wondering for a minute or 2 why the frames were different. that must be the reasons.
Old 2008-05-16, 10:51   Link #1976
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Quote:

GOOD!!! Damn the one who edited it!!! lol

Well it works for some anime and it didn't for R+V. Maybe that's why we're getting a season2 which I think is more based on the 2nd season manga due to the magazine scan. But one thing never changed in the manga and anime. Moka is so damn powerful!

Spoiler:
Old 2008-05-16, 13:09   Link #1977
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Nah, the second season of the manga isnt really a second season, it's called that because they moved the magazine it's published in. Also if they did jump straight into the second season of the manga, we'd have another crap season as they'd have to change so much so as not to trip over events that were supposed to have happened previously.

any second season of this is going to have a hard time recovering from the first season, though i can just see them carrying on like they did in the first. OTT fanservice and plot out the window
Old 2008-05-16, 13:38   Link #1978
rg4619

Quote:
While the anime may influence people to go buy the manga, it's not really going to take off if the fans of the manga don't buy it because they feel it's been butchered.
The first DVD release sold quite well, actually (considerably better than most of Gonzo's shows, good or bad. What does this say to the people in charge?). This market doesn't exactly reward quality, which is probably why some producers simply aim for mediocrity.

From last season, shows like Shigofumi and true tears bombed at retail, despite great online buzz. That's very disappointing.
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 13:39   Link #1979
yongshun

I am hoping the second season of the anime is going to be the second half of the manga.
yongshun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 15:58   Link #1980
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

It's probably going to be the combination of both. 1st chapters of the 2nd season manga and the next chapters of the 1st manga.

Tags
ecchi, romance, shounen, vampire