AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-05, 05:29   Link #401
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash Falls Town View Post
Well this is probably the most consistently average anime I've watched. There isn't really anything good or bad about it. The ending reflected that. I guess they should get props for consistency.
While I agree with you about the consistency part, I actually did think there were parts that were good (the romantic relationship basically, although it's not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination) and parts that were bad (the convoluted plot) all the way through. Although I do think this anime has ended up being pretty forgettable. Too much focus on what was ultimately a fairly weak plotline.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 17:12   Link #402
ani_d

I really enjoyed this anime. I loved hearing Edgar whisper sweet-nothings to Lydia using that Seiran voice of his lol I'm just wondering if there's a manga or novel that's currently running. The story clearly isn't finished yet.
Old 2009-01-05, 19:55   Link #403
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
I really enjoyed this anime. I loved hearing Edgar whisper sweet-nothings to Lydia using that Seiran voice of his lol I'm just wondering if there's a manga or novel that's currently running. The story clearly isn't finished yet.
The novel series is still on-going, I believe. The most recent volume was released in late November 2008 according to Amazon Japan. I don't think that was the final volume.

There is also a manga running in the manga magazine Margaret. However, it is very new. So far there has been only 1 volume of the collected chapters published.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-05, 19:57   Link #404
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

I will admit, one of my major thoughts during this episode was, "Raven can do ballet!" The fight scenes look, not awkward, but very stylized to me, oh well, this is shoujo anime not shonen... And I actually was satisfied with the ending, to my surprise, but I am of course pushing for a second season, it sounds like they have plenty of material to work with!
EDIT: Oh, and I now know where LKK's avvie came from! I had been wondering before to be honest...
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 09:46   Link #405
Linnzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Just a reminder...2.3 Do not ask when episodes will be released. Thankfully the subbers do post about it but again we all need to patient, though I do know the last epi has been subbed by now.

Ah, gomen!
I'm not using the forum alot so I tend to not remember all the rules and stuff.
I'll make sure it won't happen again though.
Linnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 09:47   Link #406
Linnzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by wandering-dreamer View Post
I will admit, one of my major thoughts during this episode was, "Raven can do ballet!" The fight scenes look, not awkward, but very stylized to me, oh well, this is shoujo anime not shonen... And I actually was satisfied with the ending, to my surprise, but I am of course pushing for a second season, it sounds like they have plenty of material to work with!
EDIT: Oh, and I now know where LKK's avvie came from! I had been wondering before to be honest...
Ah, my best friend said that too XD Raven is a ballerina!!
Linnzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 10:02   Link #407
mangalowres
AS Mods Sandbag

The end was a little bit disappointing, I hope for a more lovly dovly ending between those two
But overall I enjoyed this show very much.
mangalowres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-06, 11:01   Link #408
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by rose-wisteria View Post
Nico+Raven forever. ^^;;;;
So I'm not the only who was getting Nico x Raven pairing vibes from episodes 11 and 12. Good to learn I'm not as alone as I thought.

Quote:
I'm sad about the Banshee and Paul too. =/
I don't know how the novels handled that part of the story. But I thought Paul's reaction to Banshee's death could have been handled in a stronger way than simply having him stare out the carriage window during the last scene. The show didn't even give a close up of him staring. Even a few seconds focusing on his face would have heightened the impact of her death for me.

Quote:
I wonder what Kelpie will do next. :P >loves him<
What I got a kick out of was Tompkins giving dinner instructions to the maid. Did you notice that he told her one of the guests doesn't like liver? Tompkins clearly expects Kelpie to hang around the mansion for a long while if he's making dinner arrangements for him. I agree with Tompkins. I don't think Kelpie has given up. It's not in his character.

Quote:
I am of course pushing for a second season, it sounds like they have plenty of material to work with!
I am too, but I'm not as optimistic about a second season as I have been about some other series.

Quote:
I debated whether to use my icon after I made it since the sub hadn't been released at the time. I finally decided to use it thinking it might tantalize those who hadn't seen ep 12 yet. I guess I was right.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2009-03-26, 16:35   Link #409
libba
nepenthes rajah

Just started watching this one. One of my few experiences with this genre, I must admit. I liked the first two episodes, they were whimsical and had a Regency feel coupled with nice hints of fantasy.
To those who felt Lydia was a damsel in distress: maybe it gets worse, but I didn't think she showed a bad example of this tendency (well, so far), she doesn't get comically scared, and her strong point is her knowledge, not her ability to get out of a pinch. Though I wish the creators weren't so fond of the clumsy moe appeal. She's a healthy country girl, not a spoiled anemic lady, why does she trip and fall so often?
The third episode was a bit of a let down because I felt like I was really starting to dislike Edgar. Being a creative trickster is one thing but trying to manipulate a girl by telling her what an angsty past you had? That's pretty weak. Also, a low blow.
libba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 19:13   Link #410
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Originally Posted by libba View Post
She's a healthy country girl, not a spoiled anemic lady, why does she trip and fall so often?
Actually I think she only trips in the first two episodes, I can't remember people complaining about it past then, and I don't think she tripped in the original novels as well. Must be a plot by the anime companies to make her more moe.
Old 2009-03-26, 19:17   Link #411
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Actually I think she only trips in the first two episodes, I can't remember people complaining about it past then, and I don't think she tripped in the original novels as well. Must be a plot by the anime companies to make her more moe.
She's plenty moe with her blushes and facial expressions.

& yes, it's only in the first few episodes where it happens.
Old 2009-03-26, 19:55   Link #412
libba
nepenthes rajah

I like her facial expressions actually, she's cute. And moe. I guess it's just that the appeal of clumsiness is lost on me. Though true, it got downplayed later.

Watched five eps by now. Can't help but wish Raven were her official romantic interest. It's not that I continue to have a slight dislike for Edgar (which I do), it's just that I feel their characters play off each other in a more interesting way because of the contrast. I'd also love to see Edgar try his charms on some hard-edged tsundere girl.
libba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-24, 18:34   Link #413
LKK

It's been far too long in coming, but according to CD Japan, the OST will be released July 3. About bloody time, I say.

Old 2009-06-24, 18:37   Link #414
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
It's been far too long in coming, but according to CD Japan, the OST will be released July 3. About bloody time, I say.
Indeed it's been too long in coming, though it's good news. Shame really because i only really remember the few pieces that i really adored. I may start rewatching the series once it's been released.
Old 2009-06-24, 19:15   Link #415
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

After reading the translations for the series I definetly want more. And there is certianly enough material, the season skipped around three or four different volumes.
Old 2009-06-25, 07:54   Link #416
SamuraiSs

It's kawaiiiiii I LOVE this anime!!!and manga! Really i don't like romance, but this is great! Romance + action + fantasy + 19th century + lovely characters = BINGO!!! I would be veryy happy when 2 season would go out, because i think it's soo good and that end can't be really end, it need's to continue! I hope it be soon, does someone know where i can read all manga, because i found only 4 vol???and when 2 season start?
SamuraiSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 08:47   Link #417
MikaMiaka
I like guavas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K View Post
While I agree with you about the consistency part, I actually did think there were parts that were good (the romantic relationship basically, although it's not brilliant by any stretch of the imagination) and parts that were bad (the convoluted plot) all the way through. Although I do think this anime has ended up being pretty forgettable. Too much focus on what was ultimately a fairly weak plotline.
I agree the plot was convoluted, but I think the series is charming and left an impression. And yes, the romantic aspects were so darn cute and really well done but at this point, I don't know why she's really refusing him.

Lydia is saintly, but somehow she doesn't fall into the Angelique-Akane-Riannon stereotype just because she's got more sass. Although, I thought it was pretty messed up when she broke her promise and left Kelpie like that.

What really bugs me about the show, though, is not the convoluted plotline itself, but the failure of the show to incorporate any sort of internal logic with regards to the fairy world and its inhabitants. Different varieties of fairies just appear without any background and so when their weaknesses or characteristics appear, it's just used as a plot device to defeat them or to move the plot along.

I think that shows steeped in fantasy needs its own internal logic -- or else, what we are left with is a convoluted plot.

But all the same, no news of a 2nd season, huh?
MikaMiaka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 09:41   Link #418
KimmyChan

I remember watching the first episode of Earl & Fairy on CR ages ago when I was still a member over there, will have to see if I can find it elsewhere to watch instead now
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-12, 00:57   Link #419
Justin Kim
*Artist

Any speculations on a second season perhaps?
Old 2015-02-04, 08:36   Link #420
LKK

Licensed by Discotek Media.

Tags
fantasy, shoujo