AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-01-13, 19:13   Link #901
M.Marangio

There are some updates on the homepage:

Story contains a synopsis of the first episode.

Character: The girls have the magical girl costumes (already posted here) and the sections on Mami and Homura were updated.

Special has a list of cards (currently only one with the cottonball-mustache-butterfly minion) and a glossary with a list of keywords (including some minor characters).

There was also an update on the BD/DVD: http://www.madoka-magica.com/bddvd/
M.Marangio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 20:19   Link #902
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Wasn't a fan of how the "boss" was animated. Particularly, its framerate seemed rather poor, so the interaction looked unnatural. Hopefully they can do somewhat better with that later.

On the other hand, it's surprising that a magical girl series has gone two episodes without the main character becoming one. Isn't that some kind of record already?

Spoiler:
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 20:35   Link #903
Midonin
Last Engage

Wherever Soul Gems come from, Madoka and company are lucky they're probably not like Heart Seeds. Those things need to be sterilized before one ever considers touching them, given where they come out of.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 20:43   Link #904
Mef

I haven't seen it mentioned here yet, so for the record:
Spoiler for EP2 screens:

These lines are from Goethe's Faust, where the main character signs a pact with a devil.

The translation:

"Woe! Woe!
Thou hast her destroyed
The beautiful world,
By a mighty fist;
She tottered, she hurled!
A half-god beat her to nothing
We bring
The ruins over the void and,
Dirges sing
Over the belost beautiful

More mightily
Earthen children
More splendidly
Build her again,
In your bosoms build her strong!
New life-stories
Commence
With fair sense,
And new song,
To sound thereon!"
Mef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 20:45   Link #905
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

People say they don't trust Kyubey but I don't trust Mami either. I can't help but feel she's hiding something.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 21:01   Link #906
Neat Hedgehog
Hack of all trades

So... any idea why Lord Humongous from Mad Max 2 made an appearance in the ending art, or was that simply just for the patented Shaft "wtf eye candy?"
Neat Hedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 21:02   Link #907
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
So... any idea why Lord Humongous from Mad Max 2 made an appearance in the ending art, or was that simply just for the patented Shaft "wtf eye candy?"
They seem to be using fanart for their ending images, for some reason. Probably because they haven't finished making their ED. SHAFT rarely does until three or four episodes in.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 21:17   Link #908
Qikz

Once again, that was amazing.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 21:21   Link #909
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
Wasn't a fan of how the "boss" was animated. Particularly, its framerate seemed rather poor, so the interaction looked unnatural. Hopefully they can do somewhat better with that later.

On the other hand, it's surprising that a magical girl series has gone two episodes without the main character becoming one. Isn't that some kind of record already?

Spoiler:
Wouldn't it be funny that if another way to make a witch's egg is that if a soul gem is not purified in time.
Old 2011-01-13, 21:25   Link #910
wormspeaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by k//eternal View Post
That's actually the opposite of my impression of that scene. I thought to myself, "Wow, this show has style to spare."

I am incredibly attracted to the style of the "Labyrinth" scenes. They are so different from what you normally see that I can't help by look forward to them. That and the whole tone of the show simply shouts that this isn't just another Magical Girl anime.

I can't wait for more.
wormspeaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 21:27   Link #911
sirn
田舎者言うな

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog View Post
The person drawing episode 2's endcard is Pani Poni's author, Hikawa "Endcard Creator" Hekiru. The artist who put mysterious Indian in ef endcard. So yes, basically a "wtf eye candy".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
They seem to be using fanart for their ending images, for some reason.
Endcard is pretty much Shaft's custom by now, they have been using it since Moon Phase. You can see list of their endcards in Aniza's Shaft endcard database.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 21:35   Link #912
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wormspeaker View Post
That's actually the opposite of my impression of that scene. I thought to myself, "Wow, this show has style to spare."

I am incredibly attracted to the style of the "Labyrinth" scenes. They are so different from what you normally see that I can't help by look forward to them. That and the whole tone of the show simply shouts that this isn't just another Magical Girl anime.

I can't wait for more.
I think you're responding on autopilot due to other people complaining about the visuals of those scenes, haha.

No, I love how they look and I've been a fan of similar-styled SHAFT OP/EDs for ages, it's just that the boss was moving really jerkily. Particularly, the end of the fight was made a lot more confusing and anticlimactic by the framerate. If they try a bit harder with making later fights smooth, that would be wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Wouldn't it be funny that if another way to make a witch's egg is that if a soul gem is not purified in time.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-01-13, 21:41   Link #913
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
They seem to be using fanart for their ending images, for some reason. Probably because they haven't finished making their ED. SHAFT rarely does until three or four episodes in.
Endcards are something Shaft created I believe and it's becoming something of a fad for other studios. They do it for eyecandy really.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 22:13   Link #914
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

Finished ep2. Still doesn't trust Mami, and for good thought. I still feel that she's acting like Kotomine.
Old 2011-01-13, 22:31   Link #915
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Am I the only one that thinks this show is sort of boring thus far?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 22:42   Link #916
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Well, I'm enjoying it, but I think the main point of the show hasn't appeared yet, so... actually, I can understand that.

There's clearly a big twist being hinted at, but until it happens, we'll largely only be able to see the surface, which is pretty standard mahoshojo with some very unique visuals and excellent music attached.

Don't know whether that makes you want to stick around for it, but hey.
Old 2011-01-13, 22:42   Link #917
Fishbait

Gimme my ED already....why you do this SHaft....
Fishbait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 22:51   Link #918
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I think it's a given that there's a darker side to this whole magical girl saving the world from witches things.

So, I wonder what Homura is contracted to if it isn't Kyube. Are there others like it, or is he the only one and she is indeed contracted to him but has realized whatever the twist to this whole deal-that-sounds-too-good-to-be-true? It would be amusing if it is the latter, and she could hear the telepathic communications the whole time. ;p

Are witches actual people and you only see some illusion thing like in this episode? Or are they just weird psychedilic creatures? I'm hoping it's the former.

And, Madoka's mom is great.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 22:52   Link #919
pcj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
I highly doubt you're alone. But I'm not one of them, I'm thoroughly enjoying it so far. Episode 2 did feel kind of slow. But it was an explanations episode trying to explain what happened in episode 1, and there's only so much action you can fit in and still get that much dialog out of the way. Dialog that's necessary for the plot, obviously. A plot which just keeps getting more strange and interesting as we go.
pcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-13, 22:53   Link #920
aeriolewinters
Photomancy Experiments

To all the bored ones: the original Nanoha didn't turn into befriending mode until ep 6. so we still have time.

Tags
despair, hope, madoka magica, magical girl, urobuchi gen