Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2013-09-11, 12:05   Link #2621
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Just some interesting info from that HJ staff interview:

-Nakata talks about possible pre R2 KOR custom mechs. They would use Sutherlands and Gloucesters as base. Gino's would have large boosters and a scythe like weapon for high speed irregular pattern attacks. Waltefled's would use a huge sword but would need reinforced legs and better balance. Just wishful thinking for now

I wish this would happen since OZ was supposed to be CG version of MSV but all we're getting now are lame recolors besides 6 or so original designs...
Well, MSV also has some stuff like that. I'd say it depends on how long Oz lasts. Technically even the "recolors" still qualify as custom Sutherlands and Gloucesters, sort of like several of the custom Zakus that Gundam often uses, though obviously I'd be happier if we did eventually see a larger set of more unique designs along the lines of what you've pointed out. I suppose part of the reason for trying to recycle some of the old designs is to make toy manufacturing easier.
Xander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 12:37   Link #2622
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Well, Mecha isn't the main focus of CG to start with!
OZ was solely created to act as Variations of KMF designs

So, the joke's on you son
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 14:30   Link #2623
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Well, never read Oz, so I don't know. But it's just one year between R1 and R2!
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-11, 19:21   Link #2624
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masurao45 View Post
If you take a close look, the blonde haired girl's character design resembles Alice from Nightmare of Nunnally. Based on her uniform in the game's screenshot, looks like she's from the Geass Order.
Sadly, she's not Alice. This young lady is the non manga Alice! She's going to appear is OVA 2.

And if you look that this picture here, it confirms she is a part of the Britannia royal Family.

As for her uniform looking like she's from the Geass order, hmmm I can see where you get that from.

Re-link to the game and a picture so everyone here knows who we're talking about XD

http://codegeass.bngames.net/
Old 2013-09-12, 09:01   Link #2625
faiz blaster

Look closely. The one in the OVA and the one in the game are two different individuals.
Old 2013-09-12, 12:42   Link #2626
Masurao45

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pisces View Post
Sadly, she's not Alice. This young lady is the non manga Alice! She's going to appear is OVA 2.

And if you look that this picture here, it confirms she is a part of the Britannia royal Family.

As for her uniform looking like she's from the Geass order, hmmm I can see where you get that from.

Re-link to the game and a picture so everyone here knows who we're talking about XD

http://codegeass.bngames.net/
Masurao45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-14, 10:54   Link #2627
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by faiz blaster View Post
Look closely. The one in the OVA and the one in the game are two different individuals.
I know they are two different girls. I thought I made that clear... oops, my bad ^^; sorry.

And yes! This picture that was just posted clearly shows this misery girl in the Geass Order clothing! Good eyes Masurao45 XD
Old 2013-09-16, 00:35   Link #2628
Masurao45

Quote:
Originally Posted by twisted-pisces View Post
I know they are two different girls. I thought I made that clear... oops, my bad ^^; sorry.

And yes! This picture that was just posted clearly shows this misery girl in the Geass Order clothing! Good eyes Masurao45 XD
Yup! The girl who looks like Alice being part of the Geass Order is like a possible reference to when Alice was part of the Irregular Unit-Group of Girls who have Geass powers. Ever since the Julius Kingsley regarding the Lelouch vibe has been spreading out lately, it seems as if Sunrise/Clamp is starting to give Nightmare of Nunnally a huge love. Julius with Suzaku=Rolo and Anya.....it's starting to make sense!
Masurao45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 11:09   Link #2629
gordol
Banned

This month's HJ

Quote:
HJ買ってきた

今回はサグラモール(現ヴェルキンゲトリクス)がシンの手に渡るまでの話
オルフェウスはそれを阻止しようとするも任務失敗

方々で既に語られていると思うが、ヴェルキンゲトリクスはDS版に出て来たエクウスの後継機で ある模様
Story about Orpheus trying to prevent Shin receiving the Sagramore, which he fails. Also the Vercingetorix is officially based on teh Eqqus from the DS game?

Finally something interesting out of OZ!
Old 2013-09-25, 22:09   Link #2630
gordol
Banned

Quote:
今月号のオズ

1:今回からエリア11編に突入
2:マリーベルはルルーシュとナナリーの生存は知らないっぽい?
3:初っ端からオルドリンとマリーベルのベッドシーン
4:同じ頃、オルフェウス(制服着用)もエリア11に潜入
5:上流区画の視察が見開きで(サザーランドのフィギュアとか劇場版ランスロット仮面とか)
6:ゲットーで誘拐されるマリーベル
7:ゼロがいない事で誘拐犯も計画性も思想も無くなっている
8:ゲットーにいる名誉ブリタニア人(日本人)全てが敵という状態で、オルドリン達の邪魔をする
9:マリーベルを助け出すオルフェウス
10:扉絵からクララは高等部(スカートが捲れてるがパンツは見えない)
OZ manga 17
Old 2013-09-27, 18:56   Link #2631
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Sorry for the lateness of this. Here are the summaries respectively for this month's manga and photo story chapters:

Spoiler for Oz Manga Ch 16 Summary (Extended):

Spoiler for Oz Manga Ch 17 Summary:

And the photo story summary:

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 16 Summary (Extended):

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 17 Summary:

And the photo story website preview:

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 17 Preview:

Finally, here's the translation of the info provided by gordol on the manga chapter:

Quote:
1. This time rush into Area 11.
2. Marrybell doesn't seem to know about the survival of Lelouch and Nunnally?
3. A bedroom scene between Oldrin and Marrybell right from the start.
4. At the same time, Orpheus (wearing a school uniform, also infiltrates Area 11.
5. Their eyes widen as they as inspect the upper city district. (At things like Sutherland figures and Lancelot theater masks)
6. Marrybell is kidnapped in the ghettos.
7. Since Zero is gone, the kidnapping is done without planning or thought.
8. All the Honorary Britannians (Japanese) in the ghettos act as enemies and get in the way of Oldrin and the others.
9. The one that saves Marrybell is Orpheus.
10. Clara is shown as a high school student on the front illustration. (Her skirt is turned up but her panties can't be seen.)

Last edited by Eternal Dreamer; 2013-09-27 at 20:22.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 19:47   Link #2632
Blackmambauk

great stuff eternal dreamer as always, this will help quite a bit in my fanfiction work alongside my writing partner as well, since we are using the oz characters and all that. Your translations are really great and it's great I can read some of oz hopefully one day all of it, since it is interesting in it's own way.
Blackmambauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-27, 20:32   Link #2633
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Huh, looks like they're starting to preview unpublished chapters in the photo story-exclusive website. I wasn't going to bother with the summaries there, but since they went to the trouble of this, I'll translate it from now on as well. Here's a preview of next month's chapter.

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 16 Preview:

Also, to answer Kurohane's question, the ones responsible for the manga and photo story are different people. Obviously some amount of collaboration is present, but it seems like they each take care of the finer details on their own, which lead to discrepancies popping up. (For instance, in the photo story, Orpheus meets Wizard for the first time during the battle in the Middle East, but in the manga, it is suggested that he already knows him. The way that battle plays out is also vastly different between the two versions, though that can't be helped perhaps, since photo stories usually give only minimal detail in describing scenes, while the manga can visually show much more kinetic and drawn out scenes, especially in battle.) There is also a discrepancy between the photo story and Akito the Exiled when one chapter briefly crossed over with the events in the OVA movies. Because of this, I usually consider the manga as the main canon with the photo story as semi-canon; just consider anything that doesn't directly contradict events in the manga or the rest of canon as true, leaving aside the parts that do as the "author's personal interpretation/preference in story writing".
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I would have liked to have the same people working on both, but if that was the case, we'd have one medium instead of two from the beginning. Plus, it explains the discrepancies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
Sorry for the lateness of this. Here are the summaries respectively for this month's manga and photo story chapters:

Spoiler for Oz Manga Ch 16 Summary (Extended):

Spoiler for Oz Manga Ch 17 Summary:

And the photo story summary:

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 16 Summary (Extended):

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 17 Summary:

And the photo story website preview:

Spoiler for Oz Photo Story Ch 17 Preview:

Finally, here's the translation of the info provided by gordol on the manga chapter:
Again, thanks for the translations as always.
Old 2013-09-28, 09:20   Link #2634
faiz blaster

Quote:
OZ manga 17
Now I REALLY wanna see the raws for this....
Old 2013-10-06, 14:56   Link #2635
twisted-pisces
Shadow girl

I'm starting to think the girl with pigtails from "Maelstrom of Libra" name actually IS Libra. I tried to do and very very poor self translation and I got "RAIBURA".

As for the male character, for his first name I got "GUANIRU".

This is all from looking off a translation chart of KATAKANA, so I could be very wrong.

Anyone got any better translations?
Old 2013-10-15, 11:13   Link #2636
gordol
Banned

Confirmed to be a Plutone member

http://hobbyjapan.co.jp/hobbyjapan/codegeass/extra.html
Old 2013-10-15, 11:38   Link #2637
Blackmambauk

sweet, hopefully eternal dreamer will be able to make sense of what is in the article, his work is always good.
Blackmambauk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-15, 11:51   Link #2638
GundamFan0083

Damn it, I need to start reading this.
It looks really good.
Old 2013-10-15, 14:06   Link #2639
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Well, first off, this Pluton character's name is Vale Riot, and he apparently appears in the recent "Maelstrom of Libra" SNS game. Here's the rundown on the relevant info given in the article. (I'm not translating it word for word this time, just giving the important bits. Most of this article is just rehashes of things that are already known.)

Quote:
-Same usual description of Pluton and its role as the shadowy Britannian organization run by the Zevon family, who are a low-ranking noble family. Also the usual background on the leader Oiaguro (secretly Wizard) killing sister and taking over the family.
-The size of the organization is uncertain, but Vale is a commander that is given control of a squadron, so it can be surmised that Pluton is of a certain size at least.
-Five members of Pluton, including Oiaguro, hunted down the runaway Orpheus at the request of the Geass Order and killed Euria. Among those five, Cerberus was killed in Chapter 4 and Typhon Radon in chapter 16 by Orpheus. Only three of them remain. (Basically, Oiaguro and two others yet to be revealed.)
-Incidentally, the clothes that Vale is wearing the picture are apparently the uniform for Pluton members.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-16, 17:24   Link #2640
gordol
Banned

Last month's HJ:

Eternal Dreamer bro could you translate the Vercingetorix part? Also anything interesting on the KOR part on the right side of it? Looks like they mention the missing KOR there

Tags
drama, mecha