AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2010-01-12, 22:31   Link #581
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Location: I'm not gone! I'm where you either use a slingshot or a gun!
I'm holding out to see what IGN and GameSpot give it. Either way, though, I'm getting it this summer.
RedShocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 23:46   Link #582
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
Doesn't the Go only have online features?

Secondly, I hope that the extra characters are NOT DLC. I don't have (nor am I getting) a PSN account, because both me and my father were scared off by having to give our credit card information.
Are you in US? then you could also buy PSN card from places like Gamestop that's pre-paid denominations like $20 and you don't have to give out credit card information at all.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 00:01   Link #583
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Hmm... I'll look into getting one of those. Thanks, Cloner.

Last edited by RedShocktrooper; 2010-01-13 at 00:03. Reason: Mistaken Identity.
Old 2010-01-13, 00:31   Link #584
kosmos

Great score from Famitsu, means nothing anyway.

Quote:
Faldio: same as Isara
Maximillian: same as Isara
Is this 100% true?, the official site says that both characters are unlocked by password.
kosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 09:41   Link #585
videoman190

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedShocktrooper View Post
Those are all very good points. But, since this is a PSP game, I doubt they will include both English and Japanese audio tracks. Case in point, Ace Combat 5 and Ace Combat X. 5 had the Japanese tracks, and was a PS2 game. X lacked them, since it was on the PSP (it was also a noticeable downgrade in graphics, but that is to be expected from a PSP game. It still looks good for a handheld.)
You are right because of UMD space and might have the English voices only!

If it does well they might make a EX version for the PS3 before the third one!
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 15:21   Link #586
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by videoman190 View Post
Here's a thread I posted on the US forum about localization and translation and here's what I wrote!

Game play mechanics should always be No#1. But I made that thread to so Sega USA won't make the same mistakes with the first one with some of the translation and localization neglected!

I'm talking about the English voices the Japanese voices are fine so far (That's my default).

Here's the thread!
http://forums.sega.com/showthread.php?t=309226
Now if they would just listen to you..great idea. I actually like the voice acting for English for VC...it was definitely well done compare to other games and really really give all the sub character personalities.
Old 2010-01-14, 07:26   Link #587
Runty

It seems I was wrong about there being no update this week. There IS one.

The only bit I've found so far is a video depicting House Gassanarl's (the bad guys) characters. Two words: Oh s***... Fighting these guys is gonna HURT.

The video is not yet available on the website, but a guy on Youtube has it. (I found out that Youtube linking is allowed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J69_e62tU7U

Spoiler for Hey...:
Runty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 09:21   Link #588
animee1

Hey guys, do you know where to download Phantasy Star Portable 2 and Valkyria 1 JAP Data saves?
Old 2010-01-14, 11:49   Link #589
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post

The only bit I've found so far is a video depicting House Gassanarl's (the bad guys) characters. Two words: Oh s***... Fighting these guys is gonna HURT...
Interesting to know; thanks for digging that up. Yes, folks, Audrey mated an analogue of the T34 'Calliope' rocket kit to her personal ride (0:22)... and that does appear to be an airship at 0:50; it looks like someone's finally getting some clue about the Z-axis.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 12:21   Link #590
Neovoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Interesting to know; thanks for digging that up. Yes, folks, Audrey mated an analogue of the T34 'Calliope' rocket kit to her personal ride (0:22)... and that does appear to be an airship at 0:50; it looks like someone's finally getting some clue about the Z-axis.
Ah yes the "Sherman Calliope", I remember that unit was also featured in Company of Heroes. What pissed me off is it cannot cannot fire its main gun, only its rockets.
Neovoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 12:57   Link #591
RedShocktrooper
Charge Me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neovoid View Post
Ah yes the "Sherman Calliope", I remember that unit was also featured in Company of Heroes. What pissed me off is it cannot cannot fire its main gun, only its rockets.
Probably for the better balance wise. A common shortfalling of Artillery units in strategy games is the inability to defend itself up close (that and perhaps the Game Engine couldn't support it having both the rockets and cannon, so they ditched the cannon).

Also, hearing that the Tank can be changed in so many ways, from APC to bridge layer (and I think I saw a fairly heavy machine in the trailer on the official site) can only mean good things for players. Though, I see myself going with the thing with the heaviest armor. I've always had this thought of 'heavy armor can best anything'.
Old 2010-01-14, 13:15   Link #592
cloner4000

Try gamefaqs.com and the save section. There usually is some save for downloads.

so pretty much you get to fight the whole family? Wow...they HURT!!!! And they have order that take 6 CP? That is just crazy...and isn't that the Federation Spy from the VC1 where he try to kidnap Cordelia??? I smell conspiracy!!!!
Old 2010-01-14, 14:34   Link #593
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloner4000 View Post
Try gamefaqs.com and the save section. There usually is some save for downloads.

so pretty much you get to fight the whole family? Wow...they HURT!!!! And they have order that take 6 CP? That is just crazy...and isn't that the Federation Spy from the VC1 where he try to kidnap Cordelia??? I smell conspiracy!!!!
I was asking the same thing too. I thought he was banished out of the country for life if not rotting into some freakin' jail.
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 14:50   Link #594
Runty

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
I was asking the same thing too. I thought he was banished out of the country for life if not rotting into some freakin' jail.
I wish. In fact, news of the kidnapping was kept top secret, as the Gallian higher-ups didn't want relations between Gallia and the Federation to turn sour. Since they were already fighting a hard war with the Empire, they couldn't afford to make an enemy out of the Federation, which probably would've happened if they had made information on the kidnapping public. Leaves a bad taste in your mouth when you think about it, because you realize it was the only course of action that wouldn't result in a catastrophe.

Relating to the subject at hand, seeing that the Ambassador is back can only mean bad things. My current theory is that he's secretly assisting the Gassanarl party, and may have been the one to supply them with the Artificial Valkyrur armors (I doubt Gallia has the means to produce them). And for some reason, I feel he's gonna get away with his crimes again due to his position as a diplomat.

Politicians... can't live with them, can't live without them...
Old 2010-01-14, 15:14   Link #595
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runty View Post

The only bit I've found so far is a video depicting House Gassanarl's (the bad guys) characters. Two words: Oh s***... Fighting these guys is gonna HURT.

The video is not yet available on the website, but a guy on Youtube has it. (I found out that Youtube linking is allowed)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J69_e62tU7U

Spoiler for Hey...:
Glory to Zeon! With Heero Yuy and Kira Yamato! We shall achieve victory over the federati...er Gallians!
Old 2010-01-14, 15:53   Link #596
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

As a joke, I referred to Soichirou Hoshi's character in VC2 as "Robot Jesus".
Old 2010-01-14, 16:33   Link #597
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Cyborg Jesus is Bera, he is Steampunk Cyborg Jesus
Old 2010-01-14, 18:13   Link #598
Runty

I found a few more videos on the website (it's been completely updated now), but I'm having some trouble discerning what they're about.

If I had to guess, it's that certain missions are meant to be for particular characters, and not just the main three. If so, that's a very cool addition; it'd surely let us get to know our new cast very well.

http://valkyria2.jp/battle04.html

Can anyone offer some more insight?
Old 2010-01-14, 23:03   Link #599
cloner4000

I think the third video is about potentials, but also going with it maybe some detail that suggest that it's similar to unlockable potential except it comes with certain event? The kanji + katakana means something similar to Teammate Epidsode
Old 2010-01-15, 05:55   Link #600
animee1

DLC Calendar:

January 21
Crisis en Melfair – 1 player / free

February 4
Strategy Battle Exercise against Squad F – 1 player / 100 yen

February 11
Fierce! Melfair Market EX – 1 player / 100 yen

February 18
Valley of Kougen – 1-4 player / 100 yen
Scout Troop Back Course Certification Exam – 1 player / 100 yen

February 25
Ultimate Challenge – 1-4 players / 100 yen

With a Data save of Phantasy Star Portable 2

Request from the Guardians – 1 player / free
Request from the Little Wings – 1 player / free

Last edited by animee1; 2010-01-15 at 09:23.
animee1 is offline   Reply With Quote