AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Accel World

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-09, 18:00   Link #1
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Accel World - FanFiction Discussion

Welcome to the Accel World FanFiction Discussion thread.

This thread is meant for Accel World fanfiction and its discussion. Fanfiction works can be either posted in this thread or in the Fan Creations Forum and linked to in this thread. You may also link to Fanfiction works posted on other sites and discuss it here.

General rules of our forum still apply:
  • No sexually explicit material. Yes, this goes for text format as well.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members
  • Have fun, but post intelligently

Please respect the authors, fanfictions are written in their free time, they have have no gain and owe you nothing; if they like a particular character and/or a particular pattern for their story, it's a personal choice and can't be blamed. In general, you are free to post constructive criticisms but not insults which (as in any other part of the forums) won't be tolerated. Remember that writers post here to get help and not to get troubles.

Thanks and have fun
Old 2012-07-16, 15:42   Link #2
EccentricSwordser

http://xxeccentricalartxx.tumblr.com...ch-was-done-in
This is my FanCharacter, Anaya-you may have seen few of my pics of her on Deviantart under the Accel World tag.
If anyone has a problem with the link-which is my art blog post of her- or rather I post her picture and bio here, please do say and wait, I just posted through my CellPhone.

Character criticism is accepted and enjoyed- she will be edited perhaps more later on, like her attacks.
Old 2012-07-16, 21:03   Link #3
churchblue
Banned

I already post a few in the light novel thread (I got complained).
Old 2012-07-17, 07:34   Link #4
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Haha...I was reviewing over and over what I had wrote that I missed the first (technically, second) post
Oh well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricSwordser View Post
http://xxeccentricalartxx.tumblr.com...ch-was-done-in
This is my FanCharacter, Anaya-you may have seen few of my pics of her on Deviantart under the Accel World tag.
If anyone has a problem with the link-which is my art blog post of her- or rather I post her picture and bio here, please do say and wait, I just posted through my CellPhone.

Character criticism is accepted and enjoyed- she will be edited perhaps more later on, like her attacks.
Looks good, the character.
Though, I'd avoid touching the Incarnate System as of yet. Because, as far as I know, it's being kept a secret (by the Kings) and only a few know about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchblue View Post
I'll just say this, as a form of advice:
The key to making a decent character for a fanfiction is Balance.

I'll come back later and maybe post what I've done

*Burst Out*
Old 2012-07-17, 11:56   Link #5
tsunade666

Quote:
It's OP man. Specially the first one which is an old guy if I remember it right, then their is tesla and diamond or is it clear which is just pure observant in the AW world.

People will complain if too OP for the setting of the game.
Old 2012-07-17, 13:47   Link #6
EccentricSwordser

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameSparkZ View Post
Haha...I was reviewing over and over what I had wrote that I missed the first (technically, second) post
Oh well...

Looks good, the character.
Though, I'd avoid touching the Incarnate System as of yet. Because, as far as I know, it's being kept a secret (by the Kings) and only a few know about it.

*Burst Out*
Thank you very much! The IS powers are just there for future use in case they finally decide to tell everyone of it.
and-if its not too much trouble to say- her parent is a level seven player who knows of the IS system and so he taught her once she turned level 4.

Quote:

I'll just say this, as a form of advice:
The key to making a decent character for a fanfiction is Balance.

I'll come back later and maybe post what I've done

*Burst Out*

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
It's OP man. Specially the first one which is an old guy if I remember it right, then their is tesla and diamond or is it clear which is just pure observant in the AW world.

People will complain if too OP for the setting of the game.
ChurchBlue this is the truth, your characters are over powers,Sues who are TOO old to play this game. I understand you want some older characters in the fandom, and have many power ideas, but you need to balance and think over CAREFULLY on your characters.

Making your characters NOT fight for some reason or another does not count as balance, no one can just stop fighting.
Old 2012-07-17, 16:14   Link #7
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Ok, I guess I'll start by posting the Prologue of my fic "Accel World: Under the Cloudless Sky".
So...here goes.

Spoiler for AW:UtCS - Prologue:

Then, the Preview...I'm going to try to follow the anime's style of preview and naming

Spoiler for AW:UtCS - Ch01 Preview:

That's it for now, I'll go work on the profiles and incoming stuff.

*Burst Out*
Old 2012-07-17, 19:12   Link #8
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Looks like fertile ground for crack invasion.

Here comes a new challenger!

[GOLDEN CUB]

"Mongrels! All of you are mongrels!"

Coming Soon(TM)
Old 2012-07-19, 13:46   Link #9
churchblue
Banned

I mentioned Carbon Arrow in the Light Novel thread. The person did seem similar to a certain "archer" in comics. Basically, he started out as a douche and after his "experience" became a changed person. Also a few months ago, I make a fanfic character named Fix. He grew up interested in the brain's "full potential". He hates his father because he abducted him out of school out of the blue and "erased" his existence that he was there. He got back at him by "giving him up" to the government. His father is a renowned computer hacker named SPYDER who hates the government and always messes with them. He used my father to get a clean slate and start new life. He graduated from Harvard and became interested in "accelerating the mind". He had an BIC implanted in him before working for the Technical Committee of Acceleration. He secretly created an AI to help with his "work" (probably his only friend). He found out what was the purpose of Brain Burst and what the Committee is going to do with it. He steals a copy of it (before the 100) and took his AI with him. He faked his own death with the help of the government. He told the government that the Committee may have eyes and hears in their vicinity, so communication done between them must be done carefully. Fix knew Haruyuki's dad in school and was the one that gave him the courage to stand up for himself. During the years after his "death", he researched the BB program and gave moidificates to his AI (turning him into a AI Duel Avatar named Ghost). Fix has a personal vendetta against Black Vise. He will to do anything within the lines to "bring down" him. Further explaining about him is making me tired.
Old 2012-07-25, 05:25   Link #10
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Ok, haven't finished the profiles yet
But here's Chapter 1 of Under the Cloudless Sky.

Spoiler for AW:UtCS - Chapter 01:

That took a while, but managed to complete it

I know the story's flow so far is following a similar pattern as Accel World's story.
But don't worry, it'll change soon.

Now, for Ch02 Preview
Spoiler for AW:UtCS - Ch02 Preview:

*phew* Now I can relax for a while

*Burst Out*

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2012-08-13 at 17:57.
Old 2012-07-25, 09:50   Link #11
churchblue
Banned

Carbon Arrow sound like a cool name. I pick it because it sound cool and every time he defeats an enemy he always leaves a blaze of fire smoking in the battlefield.
Old 2012-07-25, 14:01   Link #12
EccentricSwordser

@FlameSparkZ: Will you bringing in Cannon characters? And does this corrospond with the arcs or go its own way?
Old 2012-07-25, 15:02   Link #13
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Carbon Arrow sound like a cool name. I pick it because it sound cool and every time he defeats an enemy he always leaves a blaze of fire smoking in the battlefield.
If you want to make it, then do it. Just keep its "power levels" within the human limits

Quote:
@FlameSparkZ: Will you bringing in Cannon characters? And does this corrospond with the arcs or go its own way?
Well, most fics I do end up being "remakes" with my OCs added to the cast, or run parallel with canon.
In this case, it's parallel with Accel World's plot.

As for canon characters, yes, I might bring them into this story.
But Haruyuki and the others live in the Suginami district, while my OCs are in Toshima...the Red Legion's territory is between them.

If they meet, it'll probably be during the equivalent to the first part of episode 6, when Haru and Taku participate in tag-battles.
Other ocasions can be while in the Unlimited Neutral Field. And Kuroyukihime's field trip to Okinawa.

Now, it's a bit of a fic spoiler, but here's a list of Duel Avatar names that I'll be using.

Spoiler for Aw:UtCS - Current list of original Duel Avatars:

Those are the ones I've thought of so far

*Burst Out*

Last edited by FlameSparkZ; 2012-07-25 at 18:30. Reason: added Parent/Child relation next to avatar name
Old 2012-07-29, 22:31   Link #14
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

The Incarnate system is a bit of an asspull, is it?

But somehow, that just gave me all I needed to get into this fic proper.

A triangle between Parent, Child, and an enigmatic Golden Cub.

Hacks into FlameSparkz nervegear to steal some moe power.
Old 2012-07-30, 16:36   Link #15
EccentricSwordser

Ah! Guys, Fancharacter idea! They do not exactly fly,but has a dragon item-like Ash Roller's motorcycle- and it flies for her. Perhaps it can gain an AI to speak through he owner's mind or can nust be quiet?
Bht even though it flies its not very submission to it's master and has to grow mentally like a pet would. All it does is fly,help in battle ifbits being threatened and only breathes fire when the owner's special gauge is full for an attack.

Opinions for not making it too OP?
Old 2012-07-30, 18:00   Link #16
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Silica, that you?

That said, I'd much rather stay away from anything having true flight. Or perhaps make it so that this dragon is a pet, levitates by maglev (or something like that, there's metal everywhere on some stages), and is too small to carry a person.

Because... I much prefer Silica than your unmodified idea.
Old 2012-07-31, 07:43   Link #17
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

<<オレンジ色の王>>

Orange. The colour of creativity, imagination, freedom.

Freedom. Yes, that's right. That's what he was fighting for. Freedom.

Not his freedom, but his legion's freedom. Accel World's freedom. Freedom from the menace that Black Vise had become.

He was snapped out of his train of thought when an attack from one of the many plugins on Vise's body nearly decapitated him. If he lost here, he might never find Vise again.

True, he was at a level disadvantage, but his years worth of combat experience prior to his retirement, along with the Destiny and Star Caster he inherited from his two friends gave him the upper hand here.

Or so he thought.

Thanks to decades of research, Black Vise had his abilities enhanced twofold by the various plugins on various parts of his body, each acting like an extra limb capable of independent thought. It was impossible to get close and execute Judgement Blow.

He wondered how many players lost Brain Burst to achieve that. It was infuriating how his once trusted sub-commander had perverted his hopes and dreams for his Legion. It had been a grave mistake instating Vise as Acting Legion Master in his long absence. He wish he saw it back then. He paid the price by losing two of his friends.

No. He couldn't let rage cloud his focus. Not now. When the opportunity came, he would make Vise pay in full and take back Milky Way.

He knew Vise inside out. Even after all these years, his base personality hadn't changed, though he was much more noble back then. As soon as Vise got in some hits, complacency would settle in. That would be the time to strike. It would also charge up his gauge for his long-range attack. Quick mental calculation revealed that he could only take enough hits from Vise to charge up his gauge once. It was all or nothing.

1st hit. 2nd. 3rd.

That was enough. He made use of the abilities stored within the Destiny.

Wings. Flash Jump.

He activated his special ability, which split Star Caster into a bow. A single arrow materialised before it. One Shot.

He took aim and let go. One by one the plugins flew to intercept the shot, sacrificing themselves to slow it down. He knew it was useless. The shot's piercing stats were too high for the defence stats of the plugins to be of any use.

Even so, Vise was unflustered.

"Has spending too much time away from Brain Burst rotted your mind? It doesn't matter if the arrow hits. I'll just lose a few points and respawn after the timer."

Then Vise noticed his right hand moving, as though selecting something in the neurolinker interface.

As though leveling up.

Vise knew there and then that his time in Brain Burst was finished.

------------------------------------------------------

Pretty cheesy, I know.

Let me know your thoughts. Also, help me develop my OC further by asking questions.
Old 2012-07-31, 13:22   Link #18
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orange Duke View Post
Spoiler for long text:

Pretty cheesy, I know.

Let me know your thoughts. Also, help me develop my OC further by asking questions.
Funny. One of my OCs...Orange Ray's goal is to become the "Orange King" and turn orange into a "proper color" in Brain Burst, like Green and Purple.

Quote:
Ah! Guys, Fancharacter idea! They do not exactly fly,but has a dragon item-like Ash Roller's motorcycle- and it flies for her. Perhaps it can gain an AI to speak through he owner's mind or can nust be quiet?
Bht even though it flies its not very submission to it's master and has to grow mentally like a pet would. All it does is fly,help in battle ifbits being threatened and only breathes fire when the owner's special gauge is full for an attack.

Opinions for not making it too OP?
Yeah, it can be OP
But following that train of though...you could make an "Enemy Tamer".

The Duel Avatar would have an ability to tame an Enemy, and treat it as External Armament...but can only have one.
And of course, what can be tamed would have to be limited to the Duel Avatar's level.

Give it some thought.
Old 2012-07-31, 17:45   Link #19
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Yeah, it can be OP
But following that train of though...you could make an "Enemy Tamer".

The Duel Avatar would have an ability to tame an Enemy, and treat it as External Armament...but can only have one.
And of course, what can be tamed would have to be limited to the Duel Avatar's level.

Give it some thought.
Wouldn't it only work on that wolf-type avatar from Red Legion?
Old 2012-07-31, 20:18   Link #20
Orange Duke
オレンジ色の王
*Author

It seems we have the same train of thought. I always found it strange how Orange, even though it is a secondary colour, was missing a King. All the better for me though, since it's always been my favourite colour.

Besides, in Magic the Gathering, Ivory Tower, the Acting Legion Master of the White Legion, is the counterpart card to Black Vise. Since there was no Orange Legion, I thought I would make Vise its Acting Legion Master while the Orange King was away.
Closed Thread

Tags
discussion, fanfiction