Old 2012-07-08, 16:54   Link #81
Xion Valkyrie

I think in this case it's just the 3D not doing the concept art justice:

Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-08, 17:09   Link #82
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Yeah from what I can tell from streams of it, "what you see, is what you get" (style wise). I'd say average grind when it comes to gameplay, decent story perhaps... can't really tell but the cut-scenes seem top notch, assuming they keep them up as you go along.

Speaking of which...

. . . . . . . . . . .
Old 2012-07-08, 17:17   Link #83
Xion Valkyrie

Story line is cliched, but the way it's presented makes it very interesting. I've actually sat through a playthrough of the story (with translations) in CBT2 and I'd have to say the storyline is at least as good as a lot of single player rpgs.
Old 2012-07-08, 17:19   Link #84
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Is the playthrough still available?
Old 2012-07-08, 18:13   Link #85
Xion Valkyrie

Look in this guy's channel:
http://www.youtube.com/user/Royblazer

Look for OBT2 playthrough with [subbed cutscenes]
Old 2012-09-24, 05:35   Link #86
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
The game is finally getting a western PC release.
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/09/14...d-to-the-west/

Official English site.
http://us.bladeandsoul.com/en/
Old 2012-09-24, 07:07   Link #87
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
I still can't get over how friggin' creepy the lyn hands and feet look... I much prefer TERA's elin, or FFXIV's miqo'te.
Old 2015-04-04, 13:49   Link #88
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Wow, been awhile since this thread was posted on. Just thought I'd throw in my experience with the game. Visuals are very nice, not to mention the character models, especially the females haha. Long story short, the game feels a bit too grindy to me. I mean it's not too hard to level (almost level 20 in just a few days of casual gaming). Quests are bland, your typical talk to this NPC and kill or pick up this item. It's probably do to the visuals of the skills. Playing Assassin atm and the combos and skills are pretty amazing. Honestly though, that's pretty much all the game has is cool looking skills and nice looking female character. Was expecting more (althought it still is a beta). This and ESO will probably keep me busy until Black Desert comes out for NA (which won't be for a long while) or Cabal 2.

The one thing that bugs me the most is the sprinting and movement. WAY too slow. If you attack something or accident swipe your weapon, you gotta wait like 5 seconds or so before you can return to sprint mode and you can't sprint forever (you have to wait for your bar to regen). Locations aren't that far from each other, but it gets irritating IMO when you run out of sprint. Regular running is just terrible.

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-07, 16:32   Link #89
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

NA and EU servers are going to close Beta in about a month!

bladeandsoul.com

founders packs are available now! who's going to be playing? I dropped 125 dollars on the master pack, anyone here gonna be playing too?
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-08, 10:43   Link #90
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Not sure I'm ready to get a FP just yet, at very least I would only get the basic one, very expensive.

Been looking forward to this for some time so do want to give it a go but not sure I'd find time, still playing GW2, WoWS and that damn Clicker Heroes.
Old 2015-09-09, 19:14   Link #91
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Not sure I'm ready to get a FP just yet, at very least I would only get the basic one, very expensive.

Been looking forward to this for some time so do want to give it a go but not sure I'd find time, still playing GW2, WoWS and that damn Clicker Heroes.
you should, I played on the Russian private server for awhile, and it's addicting. Give it a shot if you need to make up your mind, there's an active english speaking community with a full on english patcher.

playbns.com is the website.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-23, 18:33   Link #92
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Bumpin this thread. Anyone playing? Launch was just a few days ago. I founder'd for the game so I could get early access. Launch was terrible, as it is for most generic MMOs, but if you have premium membership you don't have to wait for the terrible queue. The queue is comin down ever since they added an AFK kicker, but still pretty long as far as I can tell from F2Pers, but they said they'll be adding more servers. But, it is NC soft, so don't expect quick responses and updates overall.

Aside from that, I'm quite addicted to the game, mainly because the combat is so enticing with cool combos and cool looking skills. Leveling isn't that bad. It is a generic MMO, so it's your typical kill/talk/pick-up quests, but it doesn't feel like a grind. What I like most so far is that this game CAN cater to solo players myself. Finding groups for dungeons is a cinch since they have this "cross-server dungeon finder" so it groups you quickly with people across all servers. Dungeons overall are not hard; however, I'm not 45 yet so I don't know how good end-game content is. Currently a level 37 Blade Master, kind of wish I rolled a different class cuz statistics show like 60% of players are BM.

There are a few things I don't like about the game. One, is the equipment system. The starting weapon, earring, ring, and necklace are basically the best items to have until you hit 45 and start doing end-game dungeons. They have this upgrade system where you basically keep upgrading the items. It's nice because you don't have to worry about farming places for better gear; however, the downside is that there is no variety in pieces of gear because everyone has the same items. There isn't a way to "show off" your good gear. Another thing I don't like is the UI and general layout of the game. It's super complex when it doesn't have to be. I haven't gotten into crafting and I don't intend to but from the looks of it, it doesn't seem like there is any reason to do so unless it's for potions or gems.

Anyhow, if you are looking for a game with cool skill visuals, a generic MMO, and don't mind solo playing/PvE, I recommend trying this out. BnS is a great break from Aion and most likely will keep me busy once Black Desert Online comes out within the next few months. FYI, look at the forums for which servers have character restrictions. I highly suggest playing on a lesser populated server.

Old 2016-01-23, 18:59   Link #93
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Playing here, cusually progressing (not one to rush). Love the game.

Was a good idea not to play too much during CBT.
Old 2016-01-23, 20:26   Link #94
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

game is alright when i can actually log in to play. started a character on Juwol on launch day
and next day it was HORROR. then they added some more servers and i started over on Duchon.
got instant queue in and "YAY!"

was playing my Destroyer (cause AXE is cool) and eating a dumpling in a dungeon and then "BOOM!"
i guess their servers dies...lol.

looks like i'll just go watch some anime or something now. :]

P.S.: them blue quests make me sleepy. and having a bunch of people hogging enemies
doesn't make it any better...switching channels help a TINY TINY bits...zzzzz. :\
Old 2016-01-24, 18:32   Link #95
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

Surprisingly the queue hasn't been bad today (Sunday), or rather there is none on server Jiwol. Leveling starts to slow down at lvl 38 unfortunately. Though, I was farming the level 38 dungeon that drops the infernal weapon, ring, earring, and necklace quite a bit. Luckily, I only had to do the dungeon 5 times and I got all 4 purple equipment pieces and all 8 pieces of the Sacrificial Soul Shields (6 purples 2 blues). Didn't realize how much a HUGE different in stats the purple version (rarer of course) than the blue one is. Bumped up my HP quite a bit, currently at 13.4k @ level 38.

Old 2016-01-25, 17:40   Link #96
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

i'm only level 15 at the moment. i mostly got dc'ed or waiting in queue...so getting to
level 15 is great!

---------------------------------------
all i'm seeing in game...holy poop. *screenshot not mine though* but you get the idea. -o-
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2016-01-25, 19:10   Link #97
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Oh ya there was a sudden spike at some point in bots, they worst part is they also invaded cross server lobby; which sucks.

Sadly the only thing you can do atm is just turn off all faction/region chats.
Old 2016-01-25, 20:07   Link #98
Neki Ecko
Dancing with the Sky

Send a message via Yahoo to Neki Ecko
Yea, it gets kinda of annoying about it but all in all, it is a very decent game, nothing earth shattering but I like it and it is in my rotation (FFXIV, The Crew and Mabinogi)
Old 2016-01-26, 22:36   Link #99
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Source: https://forums.bladeandsoul.com/topi...80%93-1272016/

----------------------------------

they're doing 4 hrs. maintenance tomorrow. hopefully this'll stop them gold spammers for awhile. :]
Old 2016-01-27, 12:00   Link #100
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Unfortunately bots in this game can literally level to 50 >.> going by other servers. So level limits are kind of useless.

Tags
mmorpg