AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-02-23, 17:54   Link #1241
Peanutbutter

Nice CM. I want my movie.
Old 2010-02-23, 19:50   Link #1242
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Now I want to see it more than ever.
Alt!Haruhi looks...depressing.
Alt!Yuki was expected-moe.
OMGRYOKO.
Did Kyon say at the end "Please don't forget I was here"
I semi-remember that.
Old 2010-02-23, 20:18   Link #1243
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darksassin View Post
Idk about the framerate of the movie. does anyone now the fps of the movie?
If I remember right movies are always 24fps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisofrime View Post
Indeed. I thought that 5 Centimeters per Second was the most beautiful anime I have ever seen, but from that trailer Disappearance beats it by a long shot.
Yea, but remember the scene in 5cm/s when they show the aurora borealis? That was the best looking piece of animation I've ever seen.

I cannot wait to be able to watch this Haruhi film. I am hoping that the Japanese theater in San Francisco plays it. Its only about a 90minute drive from my house. Last month they played "the girl who leapt through time"

Sacramento, my home, also has an independent theater called the Crest that sometimes plays animes. They played the cowboy bebop movie once.

Is anyone else from this area? Maybe if we can get enough people together we can talk one of the theaters into playing the movie. When the blu rays come out, Or maybe I will organize a parking lot drive in if I can find enough interest.
Old 2010-02-24, 01:13   Link #1244
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Problem is with Haruhi I can't imagine there being too many scenes where high movement will be required. I expect a handful of greatly animated scenes, but not the world for the entire movie proper based on some oddities I've already noticed in the trailers. After watching Gundam Unicorn Episode 1 last night I don't really expect much of anything to match up to it for the rest of this year besides the second episode in October simply based on the absurdly high detail of the character and mecha designs and the unlikelihood of there being anything with anywhere near as many high movement scenes alone, but Vanishment can certainly pick up points in the areas where it goes all out with it's lot.
Old 2010-02-24, 06:07   Link #1245
roankun
Tsundere Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimatemegax View Post
Edit:NEW FOOTAGE!!!!!
Sometime within the past hour and a half, the official website has posted two commercials for the movie. Link is here, but BEWARE OF SPOILERS!
anyone mind uploading that to youtube? my internet browser's having problems or something...
Old 2010-02-24, 06:28   Link #1246
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by roankun View Post
anyone mind uploading that to youtube? my internet browser's having problems or something...
It has already been posted on Youtube by someone other than myself. A link is here for your convenience. I do not take credit for uploading this video, I simply am providing a link to someone else's hard work.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-02-24, 09:59   Link #1247
wingman32x

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Now I want to see it more than ever.
Alt!Haruhi looks...depressing.
Alt!Yuki was expected-moe.
OMGRYOKO.
Did Kyon say at the end "Please don't forget I was here"
I semi-remember that.
I know! I can't wait either. I'm pretty new to the Haruhi franchise, but I can't wait.

Yeah, Haruhi did look very depressed in the trailer for some reason. I also really loved the hairstyle she had during the trailer.

Yeah, everybody else seemed normal, but Haruhi looked damn depressed. Also, during the clip there's a scene of Kyon burying his head in his knees. Was he crying. To me it looked like it.
Old 2010-02-24, 10:55   Link #1248
freakonboard

Quote:
It has already been posted on Youtube by someone other than myself. A link is here for your convenience.
1080p
Old 2010-02-24, 13:10   Link #1249
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Anybody able to make out the thing that's getting released Friday at the end of the CM? It's a DVD, but it seems too much to hope for that it's the movie.

Maybe a rerelease of something... but what?
Old 2010-02-24, 13:12   Link #1250
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnofthejudge View Post
Anybody able to make out the thing that's getting released Friday at the end of the CM? It's a DVD, but it seems too much to hope for that it's the movie.

Maybe a rerelease of something... but what?
It's the first advertisement of any kind that I've seen so far for the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou (The String Concert of Haruhi Suzumiya) DVD that is coming out this Friday (26th of 2nd Month, Year 2010).

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
Old 2010-02-24, 13:16   Link #1251
spawnofthejudge
Explodes when thrown
*IT Support

Quote:
It's the first advertisement of any kind that I've seen so far for the Suzumiya Haruhi no Gensou (The String Concert of Haruhi Suzumiya) DVD that is coming out this Friday (26th of 2nd Month, Year 2010).
Cool! And that makes a lot more sense than anything else that was coming to mind.
Old 2010-02-24, 18:38   Link #1252
relentlessflame

*Administrator

By the way, folks, please keep in mind that there is a spoilers & speculation thread for the movie, so please keep all spoiler-related discussion in there. I may end up moving a bunch of posts over there in a bit.
Old 2010-02-24, 19:20   Link #1253
bayoab

3rd Weekend Numbers:
11th / 3rd chart week / $449,591 for the weekend / -20.3% from previous / $3,850,649 total / 24 theaters / 涼宮ハルヒの消失

Compared to Mac F: (First column is during that period, second is total, % change is compared to previous week for same series)
週目土日 = Weekend 週目平日 = Weekday
Mac F
 1週目土日 0億8815万
 1週目平日 0億8468万 1億7283万

2週目土日 0億5527万 2億2810万(-38%)
 2週目平日 0億6190万 2億9000万(-27%)

3週目土日 0億4008万 3億3008万(-27%) 

Haruhi
 1週目土日 0億8901万
 1週目平日 1億0625万 1億9526万

2週目土日 0億5070万 2億4596万(-43%) 
 2週目平日 0億6570万 3億1166万(-38%)    

3週目土日 0億4056万 3億5222万(-20%)  
Old 2010-02-24, 22:11   Link #1254
netvope
SOS-Dan

Greeting! I'm new to this forum, please let me know if I'm not posting at the right place~

I'm getting crazy about the movie... especially after listening to Minorin's 優しい忘却!!

Does anybody know:
How long will the movie last? (i.e. when will it stop to show in the theaters?)

Alternatively, if you don't know the answer, could you please tell me how can I find out the answer? Ask at 2ch?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Old 2010-02-24, 23:26   Link #1255
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
Greeting! I'm new to this forum, please let me know if I'm not posting at the right place~

I'm getting crazy about the movie... especially after listening to Minorin's 優しい忘却!!

Does anybody know:
How long will the movie last? (i.e. when will it stop to show in the theaters?)

Alternatively, if you don't know the answer, could you please tell me how can I find out the answer? Ask at 2ch?

Any help is greatly appreciated!
If you go back a few (several?) pages in this thread, there was quite a bit of discussion about how long it would be in theaters. Someone posted advertised dates of showings, the latest of which was early/mid April, I believe? And if not this thread, then in the other movie thread, and if not there, then, uhm. It's around here somewhere.

Definitely might want to read back a few pages on all the newsish threads that are at the top of the forum if you wanna get caught up on recent news. (Merchandise, Music, Novel & Manga, Movie, and Series Expectations.)
Old 2010-02-25, 00:21   Link #1256
netvope
SOS-Dan

Quote:
Originally Posted by keri View Post
If you go back a few (several?) pages in this thread, there was quite a bit of discussion about how long it would be in theaters. Someone posted advertised dates of showings, the latest of which was early/mid April, I believe? And if not this thread, then in the other movie thread, and if not there, then, uhm. It's around here somewhere.

Definitely might want to read back a few pages on all the newsish threads that are at the top of the forum if you wanna get caught up on recent news. (Merchandise, Music, Novel & Manga, Movie, and Series Expectations.)
Thanks for your tips. I'll definitely read them soon.

From your response, I guess there is no official announcement for how long it'll last?
Old 2010-02-25, 01:20   Link #1257
keri
ねぇ、知ってる?

Quote:
Originally Posted by netvope View Post
Thanks for your tips. I'll definitely read them soon.

From your response, I guess there is no official announcement for how long it'll last?
Mostly my tip was because I was trying to remember if there was an official announcement (though my memory is embarrassingly awful around here) and realized that a lot of recent news items were scattered in those threads, and the best way to catch up on them all is to check them all out.

But, no, I don't think there was any kind of official announcement. The closest I can remember is the posting of announced showing dates. I think it may have been...ultimatemegax who posted it? I know he's been posting a lot of info about the movie.

Ah, here he says that some theaters say they'll start showing the movie in late March, and here he has found where some theaters say they will begin showing the move in April. I'd say we're looking at end of April, early May at least for the last theater showings, especially if sales remain decently strong, to keep the incentive to show the move that long after it began playing in the main regions.
Old 2010-02-25, 18:02   Link #1258
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish eric View Post
I cannot wait to be able to watch this Haruhi film. I am hoping that the Japanese theater in San Francisco plays it. Its only about a 90minute drive from my house. Last month they played "the girl who leapt through time"

Sacramento, my home, also has an independent theater called the Crest that sometimes plays animes. They played the cowboy bebop movie once.

Is anyone else from this area? Maybe if we can get enough people together we can talk one of the theaters into playing the movie. When the blu rays come out, Or maybe I will organize a parking lot drive in if I can find enough interest.
Wait what? I live in San Francisco and am not aware of any of this.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2010-02-25, 20:50   Link #1259
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Lol it's a petition not the real thing. I live in LA... Though I want a petition for it too xD. Maybe we can petition it for a coming convention in CA
Old 2010-02-25, 21:42   Link #1260
sonicspin
キョン子主義
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to sonicspin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Wait what? I live in San Francisco and am not aware of any of this.
http://www.newpeopleworld.com/films/films-2-2010/

I would also like a petition on this.

Maybe a playing at FanimeCon? That's the closest CA convention I can think of.
Closed Thread

Tags
science fiction, shounen