AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Monogatari Series

Notices

Old 2012-09-27, 04:12   Link #21
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ Wouldn't transforming Kizu into an anime series stir some rage from the staff? Imagine this: funds of a movie that ends up in a late-night timeslot anime series. I'm sure the people behind Kizu wouldn't like it. And of course, those who anticipate a godlike rendition of Kizu on film will be at least very disappointed.
I honestly don't know if it makes that much of a difference, personally. Nowadays, the level of quality for your average anime movie isn't necessarily that much higher than your average HD TV anime (some are, some aren't). Plus, when we're talking about a movie, it's not like a "general release", but it's a roadshow playing in selected theatres (like an art film or something). Playing it a late night spot is basically just promo for the merchandise anyway. This franchise averages over 50,000 Blu-Rays sold per volume, and if it's a TV series they can split it over two or three discs (as opposed to a movie that would be a single release)...

Well, who knows. It's just an idea, anyway.
Old 2012-09-30, 02:24   Link #22
DorkingtonPugsly

Although I'd like the movie, I wouldn't mind getting both neko and kizu in a tv series. Because it's shaft, (and considering the amount of time they've been working on Kizu) the tv broadcast would be very well animated and what not. The quality would be high. Whatever happens though, I just want Kizu and Neko sooner than later.
Old 2012-09-30, 03:05   Link #23
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
I honestly don't know if it makes that much of a difference, personally. Nowadays, the level of quality for your average anime movie isn't necessarily that much higher than your average HD TV anime (some are, some aren't). Plus, when we're talking about a movie, it's not like a "general release", but it's a roadshow playing in selected theatres (like an art film or something). Playing it a late night spot is basically just promo for the merchandise anyway. This franchise averages over 50,000 Blu-Rays sold per volume, and if it's a TV series they can split it over two or three discs (as opposed to a movie that would be a single release)...

Well, who knows. It's just an idea, anyway.
Considering that the anime industry can be really unpredictable, it's best to analyze it when it comes.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 09:12   Link #24
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
News will be announced at the Nekomonogatari (Black) Latest Information Presentation held on Nico Live at 20:25 next Friday.

Anime site is up.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-30, 20:18   Link #25
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Ah...
So now SHAFT has Sasari-san, Prism Nana and Nekomonogatari (Kuro) in line...
Will they animate both Prism Nana and Nekomonogatari both in Spring??
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 02:44   Link #26
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Will they animate both Prism Nana and Nekomonogatari both in Spring??
I'm thinking after the trailer debut on dec 29th, they'll have Neko ready by spring in OVA form. I feel that's a very logical processing.
And Nana is just a series of music videos (at the moment) so we probably won't see the anime that soon.
Old 2012-12-01, 03:44   Link #27
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
An OVA makes more sense content-wise, but I think there will be several channels and sponsors willing to finance a TV production.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 08:44   Link #28
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Isn't it already confirmed to be a TV anime?
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 08:45   Link #29
Mura
Now or Never

Send a message via AIM to Mura Send a message via MSN to Mura
I think so but I heard it was really short. Shorter than Nise.
Old 2012-12-01, 09:23   Link #30
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Plus I really don't see it working without watching Kizu- before, unless one has read it.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 12:26   Link #31
ultimatemegax
Nyahahahaha♥

Send a message via MSN to ultimatemegax Send a message via Yahoo to ultimatemegax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Isn't it already confirmed to be a TV anime?
Yes. The original leaflet said the people at the event would see it prior to being aired on TV.

“Nyahaha! Then we move to round two, Hero! ★”
Chuunibyou translation: 1st novel - OUT/ 2nd novel - OUT
ultimatemegax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-01, 19:15   Link #32
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Seeing that Nise went for 11 episodes and Bake had 15, I wouldn't be surprised that a shorter novel like NekoBlack would go for 7 or 8 episodes only.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 03:16   Link #33
Shikijin

In terms of pages, Nekomonogatari Black is not actually short. It is still over 300 pages long. And Nise2 had more pages than Nise1. It depends all on how much material they cut from the book.
Shikijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-02, 14:47   Link #34
DorkingtonPugsly

I guess it also depends on the content itself. If the book is a constant pageturner, then it'd make sense to adapt it with around 7~8 episodes. Bake worked with 7~8 episodes per volume. It wasn't slow or too fast. But if it's like Nise (KarenBee), which I found not that exciting, 7 episodes seemed to be a bit too long and dragged. So I guess about 5~6 would do the trick, I'd think.
Old 2012-12-07, 05:09   Link #35
sirn
田舎者言うな

Director: Itamura Tomoyuki
General Director: Shinbo Akiyuki

The rest to be announced in few hours....

Second series (Neko->Koi) "after Autumn."

(Although some post in 2ch says this is referring to the timeline in the series, not the broadcast.)

Last edited by sirn; 2012-12-07 at 05:43.
sirn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 06:34   Link #36
sirn
田舎者言うな

TOKYO MX / BS11 / Niconico Douga
December 31, 2012 at 22:00~00:00 (JST)
As 2 hours special.

Old 2012-12-07, 06:39   Link #37
HasuMasu
*Artist

TWO HOURS!!!???

So approximately four regular anime episodes...or just one movie.

Is that going to be everything or is this actually going to continue on as a regular series?
Old 2012-12-07, 06:44   Link #38
sirn
田舎者言うな

From what I understand, 2 hours episode for everything. Kamiya said almost all records are done, and they shown the anime PV in the Nico broadcast (they'll probably make it available in official site later)...
Old 2012-12-07, 06:50   Link #39
Westlo
Lets be reality

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasumi View Post
TWO HOURS!!!???

So approximately four regular anime episodes...or just one movie.

Is that going to be everything or is this actually going to continue on as a regular series?
2 hours = 6 anime episodes for the most part... anime episodes go 24 minutes and you have to take out all the OPs+EDs and sponsor screens and next episode previews...

like I just opened a random Inuyasha Final Act Episode. Lenght 24:00, Intro goes to 1:35, ED starts 21:55....
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-07, 06:53   Link #40
sirn
田舎者言うな

Key visual:

DVD, BD on sale:
Tsubasa Family (1) - 2013/03/06
Tsubasa Family (2) - 2013/04/03

Niconico Live for the episode on December 31 (probably region restricted)